• Published 17th Feb 2016
  • 393 Views, 96 Comments

A Matter of Life and Death - The Daughter of the Moon



When young, 10 year-old Clementia finds herself lost in a world unknown to her, she must use the help of the ponies she meets to survive the unforgiving world of Rainum.

  • ...
4
 96
 393

Chapter Twelve

Author's Note:

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:

This is the unfinished next chapter of the current story. I decided to rewrite this story to, in my opinion, make it MUCH better. However, it would be hard to edit a story over 10,000 words, so I am "canceling" the story. BUT I AM GOING TO REBOOT IT. The rewrite will just be under a different link. Got it? IT'S. NOT. CANCELLED.

If you're wondering what the differences will be between this story and the rewrite, here's some stuff:

-I am taking out a few characters and adding some
-I am slightly changing the time period
-I am tweaking the roles/personalities of some of the characters
-I am changing a few of the names of some things
-I am changing the storyline here and there
-I am NOT changing the general plot
-I might change the title

I hope you will all like the rewrite! :fluttershyouch:

(If there are a few of you who prefer the original over the rewrite (when the first few chapters are out), PM me)

Blue Fire silently appeared behind King Crimson Dusk's throne. The fire ensconcing him dissipated. Blue Fire rubbed his horn.

"…Y-you're going to kill the Reaper yourself?" a familiar voice asked. It was Shooting Star.

Blue Fire inhaled sharply.

"Yes. Do not worry; I will give you your share of dust to give to you sister after you deliver the Reaper to me." said a stallion's voice.

"Are you really willing to live for another 200 years, Your Majesty?" Shooting Star asked uncertainly. "Her Highness could very well become sick again after you cure her. And you've always been the one pony who gets the Reaper dust."

"I do not want any of my subjects to bear the burden of immortality and alicornness. And I have no heir, Shooting Star. Who's going to watch over Rainum if my wife and I die? The kingdom will be thrown into anarchy."

"Well, if you keep this up, there will be no Rainum to watch over!" shouted Shooting Star angrily.

"Are you suggesting that there's a way to kill a Reaper without your lifespan being extended?" the stallion asked coolly.

"No, Your Majesty, but speaking of that, how is it that your wife's lifespan extends with you? I thought that the lifespan only increases for the pony who kills the Reaper." Shooting Star questioned.

"If you recall, Shooting Star, my wife and I share a soul. I could not bear to part with her after I had just cured her, as we were both approaching our, hm, "Golden Years," as they call it. The act of killing a Reaper rejuvenates the soul, not the body, thus why my wife's lifespan extends with mine." the stallion explained.

"I see…"

"…I've been keeping Blue Fire for a while." said the stallion. "Let him in now."

"Oh, shoot."

Blue Fire appeared on the other side of the throne room doors mere seconds before Shooting Star opened the doors.

"Blue Fire." Shooting Star said curtly as he passed Blue Fire and exited the corridor..

"Shooting Star." Blue Fire said brusquely.

Blue Fire walked into the throne room.

"Your Majesty." Blue Fire said, tilting his head.

"Ah, Blue Fire. Sorry to keep you waiting." said the stallion on the throne.

Blue Fire raised his head. King Crimson Dusk was sitting before him. He was a rather large stallion, at least twice as big as Blue Fire. He had a pale yellow coat with a bright red and deep purple mane. He had piercing blue eyes and had a tired look on his face. King Red Dusk stepped down from his throne, his purple robes sweeping behind him. He put a hoof on Blue Fire's shoulder.

"I heard you had another outbreak." Crimson Dusk whispered.


Tia opened her eyes. It was quiet. She slid off her bed and fluffed her wings. The color had fully returned to her room. Tia went to the living room, making splashes of color where she stepped, but there was no one there. She went through the other rooms, but they were empty. Tia looked around. She had returned to the entire house to its original color. Satisfied with herself, Tia headed outside. She observed that only Red Flame and Blue Fire's house had lost its color.

Tia saw a group of ponies leaving Snowfall and decided to follow them.

Comments ( 4 )

Oh god Tia...:facehoof:
I sense trouble.

I liked how it all came together, thought it makes me question why the king and queen don't have a foal. Are they trying to prolong their reign for selfish reasons, or are they just incapable of having one?

7136734 They are incapable of having one.

7138191 Ah, understandable.

Login or register to comment