• Published 11th Jun 2012
  • 1,043 Views, 11 Comments

Dust and Sand - InsaneCat



Sometimes, grain of sand is all you need to change everything.

  • ...
0
 11
 1,043

Everfree

_____

"Sands of Time are nothing more than a legend young mare."
"So was Nightmare Moon and yet..."
"And yet they fight against her dare."
"Will you help me then?"
...
"Yes."

_____

Not many ponies knew how big was Everfree. Some think it's smaller than Whitetail Wood, others say stories about it having no end. Everfree lay at border of three kingdoms: Equestria, Zebrica and United Griffin Kingdom.
A shadow moved among the trees walking softly but firmly - Never getting tired, never needing rest or sleep. Fueled only by pure determination and legendary magic long lost before modern nations arose.

The circle of Day and Night still moves on... But for how long? How much time do I have to set things right?... How long till she returns?...

Dark shape stopped and turned it's head into direction it has come from.

How long had it been since I entered that temple searching for our salvation?... for my salvation?
Days? Weeks? Months? Years?

A sound of snapping of branch pulled shadowy unicorn from it's thoughts as head moved to face the sound and body adjusted to face an unknown threat. What stood in front of shadow was a pony shaped, cloaked figure with golden eyes that seemed to glow with inner light.

"Smell of the dust and sand reeks of your hide. Are you trying to run or maybe the shadows let you slide?" Said feminine voice as new arrival stepped little closer.
"Ghost of the past are you, or maybe you have seen the future through?"
"You know what I am?" shadow's voice was raspy but definitely female and seemed to flow within the air itself.
"Legend's speak of ones of your kind." Said cloaked figure while removing its hood. Under it was a zebra with Mohawk styled mane. "Moving through time, searching for answers they cannot find."
"I have my answers. I move towards the questions as time draws line in the sand."
Zebra's eyes narrowed. "What Question you seek? One of the life or one that of blood reeks?"
"Neater of two. What I seek with time could come truth." shadow's eyes moved, if to indicate smirk, zebra seemed to notice it.
"Could or will? Isn't time a single river's will?" Her voice was little lower as its eyes narrowed.
"Most ponies think time is like a river, that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you, they are wrong." Taking it's eyes from striped pony, the dark unicorn started to walk again.
Zebra watched it go, deep in its own thoughts as shadow stepped on piece of dry wood snapping it in half. "Wait! Zecora is my name! What should I call you at the start of new day?"
"Times ago I was one with the dawn and the dusk. Now I'm nothing but a Wraith of my mask." Come the reply in humorous tone. "Thank for help you provided me in time, but now I must go. There is too much to gain. The shadow soon disappeared, blending in with darkness of ancient forest.
"A Wraith of Sand travels anew. What future or past did you bring with you?" Zebra wondered aloud. And what help did I provide to you? Did you even speak the truth? Soon afterwards Zecora put her hood back on and walked deeper into the forest thinking about short meeting she won't forget anytime soon.

_____

"This is it... Isn't it?
"Yes it is, this temple of old. Inside of it must be deadly cold."
"No colder than outside of it then."
"I won't go further. Too much responsibilities awaits me at home. You must alone go deep down."
"Won't be first time I had to go somewhere alone... Zecora, thanks you for help and... keep them safe if I won't succeed."
"I will little mare. Just surrender don't you dare."

Comments ( 4 )

I've always been a fan of the Sands of Time! Hope to read more of this soon! dl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/Derpy_Hooves_lolface.png

~Derpster out!

Tis a good story, you should write more if you feel like it. Or not, your call.:twilightsmile:

890211
I know. I'm just one lazy cat.

890219 please give us moar!

I don't even joke when I say that I'd be willing to help...

-Jorofrarie

Login or register to comment