• Published 5th Feb 2016
  • 297 Views, 0 Comments

Friendship Study - Shippofan2k



A story about Starlight Glimmer and my OCS as well as characters from MLP and their advenures

  • ...
 0
 297

Chapter Seven: Trixie Part 2

Author's Note:

Heyyyyyy So As you might have noticed this now has a hiatus... I have a better description of why on my Deviantart page, so if you want to know why feel free to look there, it's the same name I use on here have a nice day/night!

Trixie and Starlight were walking to Twilight's castle, where Trixie had parked her wagon, the sun shining above them as they walked down the dirt road side by side, birds singing their songs and ponies walking around them going about their day. on the outside, Trixie was excited to show her new tricks to Starlight and her friends.

In truth, Trixie felt very nervous about performing, though she had truly gotten better since her first appearance in Ponyville and when she had met Starlight. She could feel knots forming in her stomach at the thought, but she had reminded herself that this was a fresh start, with potential new friends. It gave her a small spark of confidence to make such a choice, she had also reminded herself that she was not alone, she had Starlight by her side to help her out and give her support.

When they had reached Twilight's castle to retrieve Trixie's wagon, the two unicorn mares had run into the princess of friendship herself as she was walking out of her castle, her trusted friend and assistant Spike the baby dragon by her side.

"Hey Starlight, Hey Trixie!" Spike Greeted with a grin. "What'cha doing?"
"Hey Spike, we're just getting Trixie's wagon." Starlight replied.
"Oh really?" Twilight asked curiously. "What for?"
"I'm performing for Starlight's friends," Trixie replied, showing her confidence hiding her nervous inner feelings the best she could.
"Hopefully soon to be Trixie's friends too." Starlight chimed in with hope shining in her eyes.

Trixie smiled, it warmed her heart that Starlight said that and it calmed her nerves. Twilight's expression made her worry all over again inside, watching and waiting for Twilight's reaction. Shock washing over her as Twilight smiled at her kindly and genuinely.

"That great to hear," Twilight commented with a giggle. "Maybe Trixie should write me a friendship report this time."

Spike could barely contain his laughs seeing Starlight and Trixie's shocked expressions at what Twilight had said, getting a light elbow to his side, Spike calmed himself as the two unicorn mares in front of him and Twilight snapped out of their shock. Seeing that they were still confused, Twilight took a deep breath letting it go to properly explain herself actions which had shocked them a calm giggle leaving her lips.

"I know last time I didn't give Trixie much of a chance, but I am willing to give her an actual chance this time." Twilight explained.
"Thank you, Twilight," Trixie replied. "I... I really appreciate the opportunity."
"You're welcome Trixie." Twilight returned kindly. "Well I won't keep you any longer, I'm sure you have a lot of Preparing to do!"
"Oh yeah, I still need to practice and prepare!" Trixie said, hitching herself to her wagon.
"I look forward to that report!" Twilight told her, walking away from them after saying their goodbyes.

Starlight looked at Trixie a smiled at Trixie who returned it with one of her own, Trixie felt unstoppable now with not only Starlight's support but Twilight's as well! Not wasting any more time, she trotted with Starlight back to Golden Reader's home with her wagon.

Peace Heart was arriving at the same time as them, Trixie. Deciding not to scare her, she decided to go with a disguise, a light red earth pony with long wavy white hair and purple eyes, her cutie mark purple a peace sign with blue hearts around it.

"Peace Heart!" Starlight beamed, hugging the disguised Changeling.
"Hey Starlight!" Peace Heart beamed. "I'm so glad we can all get together today, I just got back from visiting Thorax in the Crystal Empire."
"Oh, how is he doing by the way?" Starlight asked.
"He's doing great!" Peace Heart said, looking over at Trixie. "Oh, is this your friend Trixie?"
Starlight nodded with a smile, turning to face Trixie. "Trixie this is Peace Heart."
"Nice to met you," Trixie said, extending a hoof out to Peace Heart for her to shake.

Peace Heart shook her hoof with a big grin on her face, giddy and full of excitement.

"Likewise!" Peace heart beamed.
"Hey, guys!" Sketch shouted from afar, trotting over with Crescent Moon holding a big box in her magic. "Oh, Trixie I love your wagon!"
"Thanks." Trixie smiled.
"You're welcome!" Sketch beamed, pointing a hoof at Crescent Moon. "Trixie, this is Crescent Moon, Crescent Moon this is Trixie our new friend."
"Hello." Crescent Moon said with a smile. "I'm glad you could join our circle of friends."
"Thank you." Trixie smiled, getting a friendly nod in return from Crescent Moon.

Trixie smiled, somehow she was feeling more and more accepted into this group of ponies, it felt nice. Perhaps she had nothing to worry about and Starlight was right.

"All right since we are all here, I'm sure Golden reader would like some help, and this will give Trixie time to get ready to perform." Starlight announced.
"True." Peace Heart squeaked.
"I wouldn't mind some help," Trixie replied with a smile.
"Great, I'll stay here and help you and Starlight set everything up!" Sketch smiled. "I got a stage from Pinkie Pie just for your performance,"
"Thank you," Trixie replied, unhooking herself from the wagon.

Crescent Moon and Peace Heart went inside, Sketch helping to set up the small collapsible stage while Starlight was helping Trixie unload her wagon. when they were done the stage was set up and Trixie had her things ready for her small show.

Everything was set up in Golden Reader's back yard. Trixie was what Pinkie Pie would call nervicited, nervous and excited at the same time, she wanted to make a good impression on these ponies and Starlight had a lot of faith in her that she would meet that goal.

The three mares hadn't noticed how long they had been outside when Sea Gazer had walked out to let them know that everything inside was ready for lunch when she saw the stage.

"Impressive." Sea Gazer complemented.
"Thank you," Trixie replied, seeing Sea Gazer's wings. "You're a bat pony?"
"Yeah, I guess you couldn't see my wings earlier." Sea Gazer laughed.

After sharing a good laugh, the four of them headed inside, Flare Spark, Golden Reader, Peace Heart, and Crescent Moon sat waiting for them in the living room.

"I hope we haven't kept you waiting long." Starlight said, sitting in a spot next to Flare Spark.
"No, not at all." Crescent Moon, replied, taking a sip of tea.
"Great." Sketch smiled, taking a seat next to Trixie as she sat next to Golden Reader.

When the eight mares were done eating and chatting they made thier way to the back yard.

"So Trixie, are you ready to perform?" Flare Spark asked with glee, loading the fireworks on to the stage.
"As ready as I'll ever be." Trixie said with a nervous smile.
"You'll do great!" Flare Spark encouraged, pulling Trixie in for a hug.
"Thanks." Trixie replied returning Flare Spark's hug with one of her own.
"No problem!" Flare Spark grinned. "Break a leg!"

Trixie took a deep breath preparing herself for her performance, she was still confident from her manticore stunt but she was never going to do that again. The curtain rising with Starlights help, Trixie stepped forward in a flash of Fireworks, courtesy of Flare Spark. when the smoke cleared, Trixie could see her friends cheering before settling down to watch as her performance began.

Tixie used her magic to bring out a box, big enough to fit a pony, placing it next to her before looking out to her friends.

"The great and powerful trixie needs a volunteer." Trixie grinned looking around and pointing at Golden Reader. "You!"
"Me?" Golden reader Squealed, running up to the stage to stand near the box.
"ok, just step in here." Trixie instructed, opening a door to the box.
"No prob bob!" Golden Reader said hopping into the box.

As Golden Reader stepped into the box, other ponies of varying ages walking by noticed the stage and walked over bound by curiosity to see what was going on and what Trixie was doing.

"What you see here is an ordinary box, but with my magic it is so much more!" Trixie proclaimed, her horn lighting up with magic. "Watch in amazement as I transform my volunteer into a kitten!"

With a burst of magic the box lit up, when the light faded, Trixie opened the door to show an orange kitten with hair clips like the ones Golden Reader wears on the floor, ponies gasped and clapped.

"Now to turn her back to normal!" Trixie announced, closing the door once more trixie hit the box once more with her magic.

After the light that hit the box faded, Golden Reader hopping out of the box after the magic faded, back to her normal form with a grin.

"Ta da!" Trixie sang with a grin.

The ponies cheered, Trixie and her friends now noticing the crowd that gathered, Trixie looked around her anxiety washing over her once more.

"You can do it Trixie!" Flare Spark shouted.
"Yeah you rock!" Sketch cheered.
"Show them what you got!" Sea Gazer encouraged.
"Go Trixie!" Peace Heart shouted with glee along with Crescent Moon giving a whistle of approval.
"You got this!" Golden Reader grinned.

Trixie smiled feeling the warm feeling a friendship washing over her, proceeding to her next act. By the time that Trixie was done with her act not only did more ponies show up, but Twilight and her friends did as well! Trixie was beaming with confidence and happiness. after greeting many ponies Trixie got into her wagon, levitating a quill and paper into her magic and beginning to write.

Dear Princess Twilight,

Today I the great and powerful Trixie have learned that sometimes revisiting old experiences doesn't always warranted the same out come, all of these ponies that I met today gave me so much courage today that it also taught me that friends are there to support you and lift up your spirits.
Had I known what this kind of friendship was like, i would have done it a long time ago.
I also want to thank you for this true second chance, I am truly grateful.

Sincerely, The Great and Powerful Trixie.

Trixie rolled up the letter, using the spell that Starlight taught her, she teleported her report to Twilight, before she had decided to turn in, eagerly awaiting what would happen tomorrow.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment