• Published 30th Jan 2016
  • 374 Views, 12 Comments

Becoming Your Own OC - reallynewperson



Garrett and Sam are sent to Equestria, as their own OCs. But, will they still be themselves, or has Celestia’s magic done more than they originally thought?

  • ...
 12
 374

Day 1

When Sam had gotten back that morning, they didn’t notice that Garrett had gotten out of his box. He walked around looking for him for a small while, only to find him in the kitchen struggling to cook with hooves. The kitchen, being a small, cute little room, left very little for Garrett to aide his cooking struggles.

“Well, good morning, how are you?” Sam said to the struggling stallion at the stove.

...fuffin fanfasfic...” Garrett said, his voice muffled by the spatula held in his teeth, trying desperately to flip some eggs.

“...have you tried magic?”

“Oh, yeah...” Garrett said, dropping the spatula out of his mouth.

His horn, lit up with a dark greyish aura around it, begun to affect the eggs he was attempting to cook up. With some effort, Garrett was able to cook them...and also tearing them in half, breaking the yolks.

“Oh, come on!” Garrett exclaimed.

"Well, hey, look at it this way. Your eggs are messed up, everything about me is messed up!" Sam complains, pointing their hooves at their unfamiliar body.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, MY EGGS ARE BROKED!"

"You mean broken?"

"No."

"Well, alrighty then?" Sam said looking deeply at Garrett, trying to analyze what's going on in his head.

How can he be so ditzy? I bet he's hiding something. Something he doesn't want to tell me about... Then again, his situation is probably just as confusing as mine... I should just give him some space. Not worrying about it. thought Sam.

Meanwhile, Garrett was thinking as well. I wonder... if I added pumpkin and salt to this...would it come out alright?

After they realized they were staring at each other in silence for several minutes, Sam finally piped up.

"Well, we should probably go grab something to eat!"

"Yeah, I guess you're right." Garrett said, defeated, tossing his failed eggs into the trash.

Heading out of the door, Sam realized something.

"We have no money."

"Nah, I got us covered." Garrett said, producing a leather bag out of seemingly nowhere.

"Where'd you get that?"

"Get what?"

"...the bag."

"Sammy, I have no idea what you're talking about." Garrett said, avoiding the question.

"Hey, there's a place to eat!" says Sam, pointing towards a shop with a French aesthetic.

"Awesome, I love food!"

Trotting into the shop, they both noticed a permeating, wonderful smell of pastries of all shapes and sizes. After a while, the mare at the counter said something.

"Welcome to Le Petit Déjeuner! What'll you two be havin'?" She said.

"I'll have...uhhh..." Wait, what do they serve at this place? "Two muffins and an egg. Make it over easy."

"All right, and for the miss?" The mare at the counter asked.

"Um, I suppose I'll just take what he's having!" Replies Sam, blushing at the fact she just called them a mare.

"All righty then! Four muffins comin' right up! That'll be four bits."

Garrett reluctantly pays the mare at the counter, groaning as he places the pieces of currency on the table.

Resist the urge to growl, come on, resist Garrett thinks while taking a seat at a table, Sam quickly following suit.

"So, Garrett, I've been thinking a lot about this all lately. Isn't this all surreal? We're in EQUESTRIA! This is all so cool, and yet...so strange. Especially for me." Sam tells.

"To be honest, I don’t find it that crazy. Just another day, even if it's in Equestria, it's still just a day, y'know?"

"That's true."

"What's it like being a chick now?" Garrett says, with a sly look on his face.

"Oh, it's so strange. Mostly strange because it doesn't feel that weird, you know? I don't feel out of place as a mare. It feels just like I felt back on Earth..."

"Ah, so it feels pretty normal. what about the wings?"

"Now THAT'S what feels weird. The feeling of flying is like nothing else...But enough about me. What's it like being Ombre? Being a unicorn?"

"It's kinda weird, like, I have this horn, and I can pick stuff up with it, but it is just so much easier to pick stuff up with my mouth."

"I see..."

"Four muffins and two eggs, ready!" yells the waitress.

"Thanks!" Says Sam.

"'bout damn time" Garrett whispers under his breath. "Thank you" He says, feigning a smile.

The waitress places the plates of muffins and eggs in front of the pair, then trots off merrily back towards the kitchen.

"You know, Garrett, do you think that becoming our characters is changing us a little bit? Like, I'm noticing my demeanor is kinda changing to be less masculine, if only a little bit. How about you?"

"Nope" Garrett responds after scarfing down a muffin in two massive bites.

"Garrett, you might want to slow down, you're going to choke!" Sam said concerned for their friends health.

"You worry too much, Sammy" Garrett said, slowing down his speed of eating a bit.

"Anyways, you really haven't noticed anything different about yourself?"

"How do you mean?"

"Well you seem, I don't know, a bit more forceful than when we were human."

"No idea what you're talking about." Garrett says, trying to keep from eye contact.

"Well, have you noticed anything different about me?" queried Sam.

"Uh, you walk bouncier than before."

"Wow, I do?" Sam says, blushing again. "Have you noticed anything else different?"

"Your voice." Garrett says, pointing out the obvious while chomping the last of the muffin he was eating and starting on eggs.

"...thanks, Captain Obvious."

After some time, they finally finished eating, mostly due to Sam nibbling on their muffin. In fact, Sam took so long to eat their muffin, that the sun was already beginning to softly sink.

"Celestia dammit Sammy, you NEED to learn to eat faster." Garrett said, them wandering around town as it becomes dark.

"Hey, please don't blame me, I'm not very good with new foods. These muffins taste really different than they do on Earth, too!"

"You need to just jump in here and stuff your face!" Garrett proclaims, jumping into the air and thrusting a hoof up, promptly landing on his back with a loud thud, alerting the townsponies. "Ow."

"Hey, do you want to do anything out here tonight?"

"Go for a walk? Maybe find a few landmarks?"

"That sounds nice."

Walking down one of Ponyville's many scenic routes, Garrett and Sam just admired the stars, together.

"Sure is beautiful out tonight" Garrett said, gazing at the night sky.

"Wow, it really is... I didn't realize this universe was so enthralling..." Replied Sam, lost in the sky.

"We should explore it, y'know, be like the first space travelers here. Maybe we will meet aliens..." Garrett fantasized.

The two of them stare into each others eyes.

"Garrett?"

"Yeah?"

"I think I love... I think I love it here, in Equestria." Sam stammers out.

No. It's not the right time., Sam thought.

"Yeah, I think it's gonna be awesome here, no matter how long Celestia keeps us." Garrett responds.

The two trot home in silence, heading to bed.

What was THAT all about? Was I about to say I LOVED Garrett? No, I don't love Garrett. He's my friend! How...what...why? Sam thought, sprawled out on their bed.

I suppose I should just head to bed. Looks like Garrett's already asleep in his little bed, anyways.

Comments ( 3 )

Romance between the OCs? That kind of awkwardness I can get behind.

With Misty eating the muffins shouldn't it be her instead of their?-since he did eat his own. :pinkiesmile:

Anyways the romance thing is cute though a bit rushed, unless pre-existing feelings were there before which again we never saw etc. Not saying it's bad but I hope to see the romance build instead of just coming out and saying it-Kudos to Misty catching herself!-for the pace of the story.

This chapter was leaps and bounds better than the first!- Promoted now to fav instead of tracking!:pinkiegasp:

Login or register to comment