• Published 9th Jun 2012
  • 638 Views, 1 Comments

A Tale of Adventure - TriggerHappyDude

  • ...
 1
 638

A New World

Chapter 2

“Where’s Vodos?” Chef Man asked a little worried.

“He stayed behind to grab his multi cannon.” Ivan replied

Eagle Eye grunted “That wizard is going to get himself kil- LOOK OUT!”
Eagle Eye pointed toward the portal as the multi cannon base came flying out toward Ivan. Ivan dove to one side, the base just missing him. A second later the furnace and the stand both came flying out, crashing only a couple feet away from Eagle Eye’s feet. Last the stand came soaring out, but this time in the direction of Chef Man. Eagle Eye tackled Chef just brief second before the stand crushed him.
“Thanks.” Chef Man said.

“I stand corrected. That wizard going to get US killed!”

Seconds later Vodos came through the portal landing face first. Vodos slowly lifted himself up “OW” he grunted brushing off his robes and face. “Chef, pass me a health potion,” Vodos said hand outstretched

“Sure” Chef began to rummage through his pack and pulled out and vile of a red liquid. He began to pass it to him when the portal violently closed, sending a bright purple flare upwards through the trees with a deafening thunderous boom.

“Wow!” Vodos said grabbing the potion and took a dose before applying the rest on his head and neck. When drunk a health potion heals wounds, but when applied directly to the skin it numbs pain, at least Chef’s potions did.

“Well I guess we don’t need to worry about that revenant following us through.” Said Ivan.

“Yeah, now where are we? Are we still in the wilderness?” asked Eagle Eye.

“No, we’re not. Ninety nine percent of the wilderness is dead. This place is teeming with life. Where defiantly in the middle of some kind of forest though. Chef do you have any ideas? I mean your great great grandfather probably stood where you’re standing right now. I’m sure the stories say something about it.
Chef closed his eyes and began to gather everything about the stories he heard when he was a child. “Well according to the stories the portal took him to a forest that the locals called….. um something along the lines of…. the something… free forest… the Everfree forest! Also there is a village nearby, not sure where though.

“Well that’s a start, Eagle climb up that tree and try to spot that village.” Said Vodos

“Got it,” said Eagle Eye pulling out a spy glass and was up the tree in ten seconds flat.

“If you didn’t know that he’s related to Izzy No-Beard you think he was part squirrel.” Said Ivan

“Yeah your right!” Vodos laughed
The two of them laughed, and Chef just stood there.

“Who’s Izzy No-Beard?” asked Chef Man.

Vodos looked at his friend and said “You need to get out more, Izzy No-Beard is the master of agility and is Eagle Eye’s cousin. That spy glass of his was a gift from Izzy”

“Really? He never mentioned that.”

“I guess because the topic never came up.”

“Hey I see something!” Eagle Eye yelled.
Ivan looked up “What do you see?” Ivan yelled back.

“I see the top of a building just west of here, about a mile and a half away. I think it’s the village!”

“Well come down and lead the way” Vodos shouted.
At that moment something caught Eagle Eye’s attention “Wait! I think I saw something!” Eagle Eye shouted back

“What?” asked Vodos.
Eagle Eye quickly pointed his spy glass to a nearby cloud and stared at it for a couple seconds before putting away his spy glass.

“Never mind I don’t see it anymore! It looked like a bright colorful streak” he yelled and jumped down, branch to branch before hitting the ground. “It’s probably nothing, we should start moving.”

“Yeah, but before we head out can you guys help me pick up my multi cannon?”
The group began to pick up all four pieces of the cannon stacking them on Vodos’s cannon pack. When all four pieces where on, Vodos’s legs began to buckle under the weight.

“Potion!” Vodos grunted about to collapse under the weight. Chef man quickly grabbed the extreme strength potion from Vodos’s bag and gave it to him. Vodos quickly grabbed the bottle and took a dose.

“Thanks” Vodos said with great relief. “Now let’s get moving. Eagle Eye you said west right?”
Eagle Eye not paying attention to Vodos, was staring at the cloud from early.

“Eagle Eye!” shouted Vodos
Eagle Eye jumped and looked at Vodos “What?”

“You said west right?”

“Yeah, I did.” Then he motioned them to come closer. The group came in closer and listened. “I think we're being watched” Eagle Eye whispered.

“By what?” asked Chef Man.

“I’m not sure, but keep your eyes opened.”

“Ok, now let’s get out of this forest. Lead on Eagle Eye.” Said Vodos

“Ok this way.” And he motioned them to follow.
The hike took a little over an hour through unknown terrain. They followed Eagle Eye knowing that every step was a step closer to possible riches. Every now and then a sound would cause the group to stop and draw their weapons, even though they were fair from the wilderness, they still treated this forest the same. The group continued on until finally finding their way out of the Everfree forest and on a path way along an apple orchard.

“Apples!” cried Vodos running toward one of the hundreds of apple trees. He held out his hand and grabbed a large red apple using his telegrab spell.

“Hey could you grabbed some for us!” yelled Ivan coming up from behind.

“Sure” Vodos replied. He quickly plucked one apple at a time and through them toward his friends. The group dug in and began to discuss their plans.

“Left or right?” asked Ivan.

“I guess it really doesn’t matter which way we take, I think either way the path will take us to the village.” Said Chef Man.

“Well what happens when we get to the village?” asked Eagle Eye.

“We’ll ask around to get a good idea of where exactly where we are and after that I guess we just look around and try to find anything that worth its weight in gold on the Exchange.”

“You mean steal?” asked Chef

“What! No! I mean maybe they have some resources that we can gather that will make us rich, or at least solve our money troubles.”

“Can you give us an example Vodos?” asked Eagle Eye.
Vodos hesitated for a moment trying to think of something “I don’t know maybe they have a mine we could use or….. I don’t know, we’ll just look, ok? And why are you asking me you should ask Chef he knows the stories.”

“The stories do say this place has riches but it never says what.” Said Chef Man
The group started walking the path toward the village. Several minutes in Vodos turned to Eagle Eye.

“Are we still benign followed?” he whispered.
Eagle Eye looked at a nearby cloud. “yeah, I spotted it multiple times, the strange thing is it keeps hopping from cloud to cloud.”

“Did you get a good look at it?” Vodos asked.
No not really, every time it moves, it moves fast, I mean really fast. I did however make out what appeared to be a multi colored tail and a set of blue wings, similar to the revenant wings, just not as large.”
Ivan overhearing the conversation jumped in “Speaking of that revenant did anyone else hear it talk?”
Vodos was dumbfounded “It talked!”

“Yeah, it didn’t say too much though. I guess you didn’t hear it because of the noise your spell made.”

“When did it talked!” asked Vodos.

“Right when it was going to crush us with these large stalagmites.”

“What?” Vodos said starting to get really confused.

“Hey guys you better look at this!” Said Eagle Eye
The three of the stopped talking to see what was up. To their astonishment they were staring at what appeared to be a mansion in the sky!

“By the gods what is that?” asked Ivan.
Eagle Eye took out his spyglass and pointed it toward the mansion. “It’s a mansion, made of clouds!”

The mansion floated well over a hundred feet above the ground. The mansion itself was made up of three sections, a large cloud base, the mansion itself and a roof. On one side, there was what appeared to be a rainbow waterfall. On the top another rainbow arcing over one side of the house to the base cloud.

“What? Give me that!” Vodos said taking the spyglass. “He’s right!” Vodos began to study the mansion closely. Right away Ivan could see the gears turning in his head.

“So, what’s your plan… thief?”

“Well the tricky part will be to get up there and…. Wait I am no thief!”

“Oh come on we all know you're part of the Thieving Guild under Lumbridge.”
Vodos just stood there eyes wide not knowing what to say.

“I talked to your boss last week; he spoke very highly of you.”

“He did? How did you find the guild?” Asked Vodos
Chef Man spoke up “I found your invitation a couple of weeks ago and gave it to Ivan to see if you took the job. I was a little worried that you would come after my money.”

“Yeah I asked your boss and he told me that you said wouldn’t go after The Blue Moon Inn.” Said Ivan.

“So you’re ok with this?” Vodos asked

“At first no, but after your boss told me that you joined two months ago and we had no troubles with our belongings, we trusted that you wouldn’t steal from us.” Said Ivan
Vodos smiled and said “Thanks guys.”

“So how good of a thief are you?” Asked Eagle Eye.

“Well remember that diamond I found? Well a thief stole it from a miner then got caught and the Falador guard took it. So I simply took it from him when I walked by.”

“Really, that simple?” asked Ivan.

“If you don’t believe me here’s your coin pouch back.” Vodos held up the pouch in front of Ivan’s face.
Ivan’s jaw dropped and he swiped the pouch from Vodos. “How did you…when did you!”
Vodos cut him off “just now, took me two month to get that down.”

“Waite all you do in the Guild is practice pick pocketing?” Asked Chef Man.

“When I don’t have a job to do, I just practice lock picking and pick pocketing, and lets continue this conversation later we need to keep walking, also keep quiet about this when we are in the village I want the villagers to trust us not run us out.”

“Vodos for weeks we had the opportunity to bust you to the guards and take the bounty you made for yourself, you can trust us, now lets keep moving” Said Ivan.
The group continued on until they stopped at the front end of the apple orchard.

“Sweet Apple Acres.” Said Chef reading the sign.

“Hey look at this,” said Eagle Eye pointing toward the large barn. “See them?”

“Yeah I see them, those are some well trained horses.” Said Chef

“Where?” Asked Ivan.

“By the barn there are two of them, one bashing the tree causing the apples to fall and that big one is hauling them away… wait I see a third little one too.” Vodos said

“Oh yeah, I see them, wow they are well trained. We should keep walking the village is right over there if we hurry we can get there in minutes,” said Ivan walking ahead of the group.

“Yeah lets keep moving, we can sight see later,” said Vodos adjusting his multi cannon backpack.

“Hey Chef do the stories say anything about the villagers?” Asked Eagle Eye.

“Well there’s two possibilities story talks about. The first possibility is they’re just like us, the second one is they are nothing we’ve seen before.” Chef said.

“Can you give an example?” Asked Vodos

“The story doesn’t say much about it. What’s left is that it says that we’ve never seen them before.”

“Guys get over here quick!” Ivan was shouting on a bridged that lead into the village with his hands in the air frantically waving them over
The group ran across the bridge and arrived in the village and were utterly stunned to what they found.

“I can’t believe I’m saying this but it’s a town of multi colored horses.” Said Vodos.

The village was bustling with activity, everywhere you looked, these horses were running the show. On one side was the farmers market, filled with all different stands, all run by these unique “people” all selling different items. Some sold fruit, others vegetables, and some sold farm tools and other household supplies. On the other side was the village square; active with stores, restaurants and again the villagers. What struck them the most was they were acting similar that humans do. At one of the restaurants there were two horses at a table, one a light tan color with a purple and pink mane and the other a light green unicorn. The two of them were just standing there having a conversation waiting for their food. There was also a fountain just in front of them. The fountain wasn’t all that impressive but standing next to it was a grey pegasus with a yellow mane staring into the fountain at its reflection with its googly eyes. The pegasus leaned in closer, rather entertained with its distorted reflection. The pegasus leaned even closer falling in all together. It quickly picked itself up and giggled a little bit before climbing out and flying away. The group stood there not knowing what to make of all this, and then Ivan was the first to speak.

“Hey Chef I think we need to go with the second possibility.” Said Ivan.
“I think your right” Chef said.

“Now what?” Asked Eagle Eye.

“Well if you listen closely they speak the king’s language. I guess now we find out where we are.” Said Vodos.

“Well, who do we talk to?” Asked Eagle Eye.
Vodos looked around and noticed that a pink horse was going around talking to everyone as it walked by, acting extremely friendly to everyone. “Umm I guess that one?” Vodos said pointing.

“Well go on,” said Ivan giving Vodos a small nudged.
Vodos slowly walked up to the pink horse and taped on its back to gets its attention.

“Can I help you?” It said grinning ear to ear.

“Hi we’re new here and we…”
Suddenly the pink horse gasped and took off running at full speed.
Shocked Vodos turned around to see the others laughing at him. Vodos couldn’t help but start to laugh at the whole situation; it was the strangest experience of his life.

“Was it something I said?” asked Vodos walking back to his friends.

“That depends on what you said?” Ivan said starting to get a hold of himself.

“I just said Hi, we’re new; and before I could finish it ran off.”

“Maybe it ran because you a carrying that GIANT cannon on your back,” said Eagle Eye pointing to the device on Vodos’s back.”

“I don’t think so Eagle, I don’t think they ever seen a dwarf multicannon before. Besides I think we’re the first humans to set foot in this village for hundreds of years.” Said Chef.

“He has a point Eagle, now let’s get back to business on finding out where we are.” Said Vodos.

“I can help you with that.” Said a voice behind them.
The group turned to find a purple unicorn standing behind them.

“Hi.” Said Vodos, not sure on how to make of this.

“Hello, my name is Twilight Sparkle.” she said holding a hoof. Vodos grabbed it and began to introduce the group.

“I’m Vodos, this is Ivan”

“Hello,” Ivan said giving a small wave.

“This is Eagle Eye.”

“Hi,” he said with a weak smile

“And this is Chef Man.”

“Nice to meet you,” Chef said shaking her hoof

“It’s nice to meet you all, I overheard you say you didn’t know where you were?” she asked

“Yeah we’re new in town, if you already didn’t guess that.” Said Ivan.

“Well let me by the first to welcome you to Ponyville.”

“Nice name, fitting for a town filled with horses” Said Vodos.

“Ponies.” Said Twilight

“What?”

“We’re ponies not…um not what you called us.”

“Sorry, now where exactly is Ponyville?” Asked Vodos
Twilight began to go over every little detail over the exact location of Ponyville, from distance in time from several other villages to land marks, to the name of the nation, Equestria.

“Well it's official, we are no longer in Runescape.” Said Ivan.

“Runescape?”

“Oh, it’s where we’re from.” Said Vodos.

“Ok, wow, I can’t believe I’m actually talking to real humans, I’ve read about them in my books but never thought I would ever meet any.” Said Twilight, giggling with excitement.

“And we can’t believe we are talking to a pony.” Said Ivan.

“You don’t have any ponies where you’re from?” Asked Twilight.

“Well, we do but their just mindless animals and don’t talk or do anything that going on all around us.” Said Vodos.
The group could easily see the Twilight was a little shocked that the only ponies that they ever “met” were just mindless animals.

“Um ok, hey I need to pick up a couple of things around town, why don’t you come along with me so I can give you a tour.”
A tour did sound nice; the four of them didn’t know where anything was in this town. The group accepted Twilight’s offer and they began the tour.

“So where are we going first?” Asked Chef.

“I need to check with my friend Rarity about a dress she is fixing for me. So we’ll head there first.”

Twilight lead them through Ponyville explaining what each building was. They kept walking until they were lead to a unique building. This store was circular instead of square like most of the other stores in Ponyville.
Twilight lead them inside and called for her friend.

“Rarity!” she called

“I’m up stairs darling.” a voice called back.

“I’ll be right back, Vodos you can leave your, umm contraption outside,” said Twilight walking toward the stairs.

“Darling?” Said Ivan.

“Different culture, we’re not in Runescape anymore,” said Vodos walking back inside. At that moment something caught his eye.

“By Guthix I think we found what we came for.” Vodos said pointing across the room toward a dress completely covered with the some of most expensive gems on the Exchange, diamond, and dragon stone.
The group turned around a were completely stunned at the sight. Neither of them has seen that many gems in one place before.

“There has to hundreds of them.” exclaimed Chef.

“Quick Ivan what are both gems running at on the Exchange.” ordered Vodos.
Ivan was their go to guy on prices on the Exchange. He kept up to date on the prices to see which item he can make a profit on.

“Um… the diamonds are at 10K, and the dragon stones are at 32.3k as of last time I checked, which would be about three days ago.”
Ivan began to tally up the gems on the dress to come up with an estimated worth. While he did that, Vodos noticed a locked chest near the dress. He took out his lockpick from his pouch and opened the lock in seconds. What was in the chest far more impressive, the chest was filled to the brim with cut dragon stones.

“Guys get over here.” Said Vodos waving them over.

“How did this Rarity get all this?” asked Eagle Eye in disbelief.

“Vodos are you planning on stealing all this?” Asked Ivan

“SHHHHH!” Said Vodos clamping his friend’s mouth shut. At that moment the group fell silent and listened. They could hear footsteps (or hoofsteps in this case) on the stairs.
Vodos began to talk fast in a hushed voice. “No we are not stealing anything, I think it would be best if we found Rarity’s gem source. If we find it we can solve all our problems without becoming wanted.”

At that moment Twilight emerged from the staircase with her friend. Vodos quickly closed the chest before the two ponies saw anything.

“Everyone this is Rarity.” Said Twilight

“It’s nice to meet all of yo-” Rarity stopped in shock to not see ponies where the group was standing.

“Hi” Ivan said.

“Um Twilight who are they?” asked Rarity

“These are my friends, they’re humans.” Said Twilight

“It’s nice to meet you Rarity,” said Chef holding out a hand.

“Likewise” she said shaking his hand.

“So Rarity, this is a very impressive dress you have here.” Said Vodos.

“Why thank you, I took a while to make.” Said Rarity smiling at the complement.

“Tell me, where did you find those rare gems?” asked Vodos

“Oh there not that rare, I got them from mine just outside Ponyville with the help of me dear friend Spike.”

Vodos nearly passed out after hearing that diamonds and dragon stone where common here. Back in Runescape it was considered a miracle to find a nice diamond in a mine, but dragonstone was the second rarest gem in all of Runescape. To find one while mining was next to impossible, you would need divine given luck to find one.

“So… umm could you tell us where this mine is?” Vodos Asked trying to steady himself.

“Sure, first you need to…..” suddenly there was a large crash from up stairs and the group took off running upstairs to see what happened.

“Sweetie Belle!” shouted Rarity.

What they found was an even smaller unicorn in the room with broken shards of mirror all over the floor.

“Sorry.” the little unicorn said.

“How could you!” shouted Rarity walking to her broken mirror.

“We should go, before all the drama starts,” said Twilight motioning toward the door.

“But…” Vodos started to say but the group was already heading to the door. “Where to now Twilight?” Asked Eagle Eye.

“Well I need to…”

“Waite up!” called Vodos strapping on his cannon pack.
“As I was saying, I need to head over to Sweet Apple Acres to grab a couple of things.” Said Twilight

“Well let’s get moving then.” Said Chef

So then the group turned and headed back through the village back to the farm they passed earlier and then Eagle Eye asked a question they all been thinking.

“Hey Twilight, I’ve been meaning to ask, what’s up with the tattoos on everybody’s hind legs?” Asked Eagle Eye

“Oh you mean the cutie marks. Well they represent everypony’s extra special talent. When somepony discovers their talent, a cutie mark that represents that talent appears on their flank.”

“Oh, ok, so what does your represent?” Asked Eagle Eye.

“Mine? Well my special talent is magic.” Said Twilight.

“Here that Vodos. You got some competition.” Ivan joked

“I always welcome competition, you know that.” Said Vodos.

“You do magic? Well I got to show you some of my spell books some time.”

“That sounds nice.” Said Vodos.

“Hey what are your guy’s cutie marks?” Asked Twilight.

“Umm we don’t have any.” Said Chef.

“You haven’t discovered your talents yet?” Asked Twilight a little shocked.

“No, we have but, humans don’t have cutie marks.” Said Chef.

“Well we have something very similar.” Said Vodos.

“We do?” Asked Ivan.

“Yeah, the Mastery Capes.”

“Oh, right.” Said Ivan

“Capes?” Said Twilight

“Let me explain, when a certain individual masters a certain skill, they are awarded a Mastery Cape from another master, for the decent price of 99K.”

“99K?” Said Twilight a little confused.

“Sorry, 99,000 coins.” Answered Vodos

“99,000! Why so much?” Said Twilight clearly shocked.

“99K isn’t that bad of a price considering it takes years to achieve the rank of master.” Said Ivan

Now Twilight was confusing them, 99k or 99,000 is relatively cheap. Chef’s new full rune armour set is worth around 137,500 coins, Vodos’s Multi cannon, 550,000, Eagle Eye’s dark bow, 1 million, and Ivan’s abyssal whip, 3 million.

“Well let’s skip prices and let me continue” Said Vodos and then continued on with his explanation. “There are a number of skills a person can master ranging from how well someone can attack, to their strength, how well they can defend themselves, magic, their skill with a bow, fishing, mining, woodcutting, firemaking, etc.”

“I see, have you mastered anything?” Twilight asked.

“No we haven’t, we’re all about a year and a half away from being masters.” Said Vodos.
The group continued walking for several minutes until they were back at the farm

“Well here we are, Sweet Apple Acres” Said Chef

“How did you know its name?” asked Twilight.

“We passed by this earlier heading into Ponyville.” Said Chef.

“Come on I’ll introduce you to Applejack.” Said Twilight.

The group entered Sweet Apple Acres but with Vodos trailing behind.

“Come on Vodos, hurry up.” called Ivan

“Sorry the potion is wearing off,” he said reaching into his bag. “Oh no”

“What’s wrong?” Asked Chef.

“I’m out of the strength potion.” he grunted. “I think I got a couple of minutes before I lose my extra strength and this thing on my back crushes me.”
Right then Twilight showed up with her friend Applejack

“Everyone this is Applejack.”

“Howdy”

“Hi,” said Ivan shaking her hoof

“Hello” Said Chef

“Hi” Eagle Eye Said

“….hi” grunted Vodos

“Hun you ok?” Asked Applejack

“No …not really.” He said, his legs begging to buckle

“Here let me get Big Mac to haul that to the barn, you can leave it there until you need to leave” Then she waved down a much larger pony over to help.

“Big Mac could you take that thing off his back and take that to the barn for him?”

“A’yep” he said then Vodos unstrapped the cannon and it fell to the ground.

“Uhhhhhhhhh, that’s better.” he sighed.

“Here let me help you with that.” Twilight said walking over the four cannon pieces. To the group's surprise, the four cannon pieces began to glow, and was lifted onto the large pony’s back. Then Big Mac grunted as all the weight of the cannon was now on his back.

“Big Mac, you ok?” Asked Applejack

“A’yep” he grunted and started off toward the barn.

“I’d better help him.” Said Applejack
Chef Man leaned to Vodos and whispered “I have an extra potion, you could have just used that?”

“True, but I don’t want to haul it everywhere, plus she asked me, I’m not making them do anything.” Then Vodos turned his attention back to the two ponies with his cannon. “Hold up.” He called, then he began running up to the cannon base. He then opened up the small panel on the side, and removed a small gear from the complex clockwork, then walked back to the group.

“Why did you do that?” Asked Ivan.

“It won’t function without this gear; I don’t want any accidents to happen.”

“Good point, hey Eagle what are you staring at?” Ivan asked.

“That thing that has been following us, it’s in that tree.” he said pointing over to a nearby apple tree.”

“I don’t see anything.” Said Twilight.

“Oh believe me when Eagle Eye says he sees something he sees something. Those eyes of his saved our lives many times in the past.”

“Ok what’s been following you?” Twilight asked

“We don’t know, but it’s been following us since we got here.” Then Vodos began to smile as he came up with an idea.

“I think I have an idea on how to deal with our little dilemma, can I have an arrow Eagle?”

“Sure,” he said taking a steal arrow out of his quiver.

“Thank you,” Vodos said taking the arrow. The he snapped off the arrow head and using his telegrab spell, grabbed an apple and replaced it as the new arrow head and gave it back to Eagle Eye. “I think you can figure out the rest” he said
Smiling, Eagle Eye took the apple arrow and drew his Dark bow and fired. The arrow flew in a straight line into the tree and struck their stalker with a loud thump and knocked them out of the tree. To their surprise it was a light blue pegasus with a colorful mane.

“Rainbow Dash, you’re the one who’s been following them?” Asked Twilight.

“Oh, hi Twilight.” Rainbow Dash said dusting herself off.

“Why were you following us?” Asked Eagle Eye.

“Why did you shoot me with an apple?” she asked getting up in Eagle Eye’s face

“Because you were following us, why?”

“Well if you must know when I was practicing some of my stunts, I heard a loud explosion and saw this purple light shooting out of the Everfree forest. I flew in to investigate and saw you four. I never saw your kind before so I wanted to know what you were up to.”

“That’s somewhat fair, hearing a loud explosion, seeing a bright light and four humans never before seen suddenly showing up after hundreds of years. I guess that would raise some suspicion.” Chef said.
“Wait, why did you come to Ponyville?” Asked Twilight

“Financial troubles.” Said Vodos thinking it would be best to tell them truth. “Back home we ran into money troubles and Chef heard stories about this place and the possibility of riches. Remember Rarity’s dress and I asked her about the gems and she said they were common. Well back home those gems are very rare and they are worth a lot of money.” explained Vodos.

“hey everybody I’m back, oh hey RD, what did I miss.” Applejack said walking over.

“Oh nothing” Vodos said picking an apple. “Just shooting Rainbow out of that tree.”

“hey you can’t just take our apples like that.” Said Applejack.

“Oh sorry, how much” Asked Vodos

“Two bits,” said Applejack with an outstretched hoof

“Ok, now where did I put that… ah here it is.” he said holding the arrow head.

“Umm I don’t except that.” she said

“Hold on.” he said and he closed his hand around the arrow head and a ball of light formed around his hand, emanating a buzzing sound. The ball of light quickly faded away and he opened his hand and two gold coins sat where the arrow head was a second ago. “Here, that should cover the apple.” He said placing the coins in her hoof

“Nice trick.” Said Applejack.

“No trick,” said Vodos shaking his head.

“Oh come on, you can’t turn a small object into gold coins, it’s scientifically impossible.” Said Twilight.
“Umm no it’s not, if you know advance rune magic, understand alchemy spells, and have the correct runes, you can perform a high level alchemy spell. You should know this, if your talent is magic.”
“Magic is my talent, unicorn magic, I read in my books that human magic is far different from unicorn magic.” Said Twilight.
“How so?” Asked Vodos.
“Unicorn magic comes from within and we can manipulate this to perform spells.” Twilight explained.
“That is different from our magic. First of all our magic comes from an external source not internal. The source where we get our magic is from something called runes.” Vodos explained holding a round stone with a red tear drop imprinted on it. “We use the energy from a combination of runes to cast spells. For example one nature rune and five fire runes can be used to perform a high level alchemy spell.”

“Hey guys, sorry to interrupt your lesson on human magic vs. unicorn magic 101 but just to let you know the suns going down.” Said Ivan pointing toward the sun slowly setting in the horizon.

“That’s impossible, we only been here an hour and when we left it was still morning!” Vodos said.

“Well we are in a different world; maybe morning back home is evening here.” Chef suggested.

“Well before it gets too late I have one more place to take you four, Applejack you should come with us, you too Rainbow Dash.” said Twilight.

“I’ll catch up with you later Twi, I still have some work to do on the farm.” Said Applejack.

“I’ll come with you guys, there’s nothing better to do anyway.” Said Rainbow Dash

“Waite, before we go, is it ok that I leave my machine in the barn? It looks like we’re staying for the night.” Asked Vodos

“That’s fine by me, you can pick it up when you need to head back home.” Said Applejack

“Thank you, that’s very kind.” Said Vodos.
The group then turned back in the direction Ponyville. Back in the village, the activity was starting to wind down. Stores and stands were closing up for the day and several ponies were heading to their respective homes. The sun was just setting across the horizon when they arrived at their final stop.

“Here we are, home sweet home.” Twilight said with a smile

“Your home I presume?” Asked Ivan.

“Yep.”

“Hey while we’re here I would like to take a look at your books that talk about humans. I’m curious to what they say about us.” Said Vodos.

“That’s not a problem, but I think I have something better in mind. Come inside and I’ll show you.” Twilight said motioning the group to follow.

“Nice place you have here” Said Eagle Eye.

“It’s a little dark in here, can someone light a candle?” Asked Chef.

“I got one.” Said Vodos pulling one out of his tool pouch.

“No need, I’ll get the lights.” Said Twilight. Her horn began glow then there was a small click as the lights came on then….

“SURPRISE!!!” shouted a room full of ponies. The sudden surprise caused Ivan to draw his whip and shield, Vodos his god staff, Eagle Eye his bow, and Chef just froze.

“SURPRISE!” shouted another one but this time and inch away from Vodos’s face, and it was the pink pony from earlier.

“Hi, I’m Pinkie Pie and I through this party for you!” the pink pony said grinning ear to ear.

“For... for me? Why?” Vodos said a little shocked from the surprise.

“When I first saw you I didn’t recognize you and I know everybody in Ponyville. Plus you don’t look like a pony so I knew you probably don’t have any pony friends so I through this party so you could make many new friends. I see you already meet Twilight and Rainbow Dash.” She was talking so fast that Vodos got a small headache try to keep up.

“Wow! Thank you for this party Pinkie and while we are on the topic of friends, I guess you didn’t see my friends when you ran off.” Vodos said pointing to the rest of the group.
Shocked Pinkie ran over to the group to meet them. “Oh my gosh I’m so sorry I didn’t see you earlier, I would've thrown a much bigger party if knew there was more of you. I guess I got so excited to see someone new I didn’t see you three.”

“Don’t worry about it, this party looks great! Oh and by the way I’m Chef and this is Ivan and Eagle Eye.”

“So do you throw a party every time someone new comes to town? Asked Eagle Eye.

“Well I try to give them the best Welcome to Ponyville welcome I can give them.”

“And this is one good welcome.” Said Chef admiring Pinkie’s work.

“Well don’t just stand there. have fun!” Said Pinkie and she went off into the crowd.

“Well what do we do?” Asked Eagle Eye.

“I guess we can do whatever, I’m going to check out the food.” Said Vodos.

The then group split off to enjoy their welcome party. Vodos went for the food; Ivan tried to dance to the strange new music that none of them ever heard before. Chef struck up a conversation with another group, and Eagle Eye being the quiet type just stood around trying to find something to do.


“Hey Ivan, try this!” said Vodos yelling over the music. In his hand he held one of the many sweets from the dessert table.

“What is it?” he asked taking the pastry.

“It’s a cupcake.”
Ivan took a bite and his eyes widen. “Wow this pretty good.”

“I know, I thought they would be awful, considering they were made without humans in mind.”

“I see your point. hey….”

“Hold that thought,” said Vodos with his hand out. Then suddenly a sphere made up of the same rings from the telegrab spell shot out from his hand and flew clear across the room. Then the rings reformed in his hand but this time they were carrying a large red ruby.

“What spell was that?” Asked Ivan

“Telegrab” replied Vodos

“I thought that spell just picks up stuff not what you just did.” Said Ivan.

“It does both. I modified it to lift things up when I bought the canon.”

“You can modify spells?” he asked

“If you know how magic works then yes. Now what do think this ruby is worth.” Said Vodos handing Ivan the gem.

“Where did you telegrab this from?” Ivan asked inspecting the gem.

“I saw it just sitting there on the dessert table.”

“Who leaves a ruby this size on a dessert able in the middle of a party? Oh and this is worth between 4 to 5k.” he said handing back the ruby.

“Hey that’s mine!” said a voice.
The two of them looked down to see a purple dragon standing on its hind legs with one claw stretched out.

“Oh sorry.” Said Vodos a little confused. First talking ponies now dragons. He handed back the ruby and to their horror the little dragon to a bite out of it.

“MMM I’ve been waiting a long time to eat this. hey you guys ok?” asked the small dragon.
Without realizing it both Vodos and Ivan jaws practically hit the floor when they saw that little dragon eat the ruby.

“Why did you eat that?” Asked Ivan.

“Because they’re good!” said the small dragon.

“Hey quick question where did you get that?” Asked Vodos.

“I’ve been saving it after I went gem mining with Rarity this one time.”

“Do you remember where this mine is?” Asked Vodos

“yeah, it’s just outside Ponyville, in fact me and Rarity were going to head out there tomorrow, and I’ll ask Rarity to see if you guys can come along, oh by the way my name is Spike.”

“Tomorrows perfect!” said Vodos.

“Cool, I’ll go ask her.” Said Spike the he walked off to find Rarity.

“What do you think going to be next?” Asked Ivan

“What do you mean?” Asked Vodos.

“First talking ponies then talking dragons, what’s next?”

“I have no clue.” replied Vodos.

“Hey I’m back.” Said Spike emerging from the crowd.

“Oh hey Spike, what did Rarity say?” Vodos said with anticipation.

“She said the more the merrier.”

“Great! Now if you excuse me I have to do something.” Said Vodos with a grin. He got up and walked across the party to Pinkie.

“What do you think he’s doing?” Asked Spike.

“I don’t know.” replied Ivan. He looked over and saw Vodos talking to Pinkie. He was pointing toward Eagle Eye who for the past hour hasn’t moved far from the same spot. Vodos finished what he was saying and Pinkie nodded and ran toward Eagle Eye.

“I’m back.” Said Vodos taking a seat.

“What’s going on with Eagle and Pinkie?” Asked Ivan

“I’m trying to see how far I can get Eagle Eye out of his comfort zone and I thought Pinkie would be perfect for the job.”
The three of them watched as Pinkie tried to convince Eagle to dance but to no avail. To their amusement Pinkie suddenly began to drag Eagle Eye toward the dance floor. Then she ran over the strange machine playing the music, she change the black disc and a new song began to play. She ran back to Eagle and tried to get him to dance. Shockingly Eagle actually began to dance with her.

“Well I’ll be, she actually did it.” Said Vodos not believing his eyes.

“That’s Pinkie Pie for yeah.” Said Spike.

“What’s going on here?” Chef said walking over.

“Pinkie Pie actually got Eagle Eye to come out of his shell.” Said Ivan.

“You’re kidding me.”

“See for yourself.” Vodos Said pointing at Eagle Eye.

“Wow she actually did, and Eagle Eyes not a bad dancer either.”
The group watched as the two of them danced then they finally joined in. The party continued for about another hour until things finally began to die down. Ponies began to head back to their respective homes and the group found themselves the last ones left.

“hey great party Pinkie!” shouted Eagle Eye.

“Thanks I’m glad you liked it! Now I need to head home I’m pooped.”

“Alright, bye then!” Eagle Eye said waving goodbye

“Hey please be quiet, Spike just went to sleep.” Said Twilight.

“Sorry.” whispered Eagle Eye.

“Shouldn’t you four be heading home soon?” asked Twilight.

“Actually we were planning to spend the night in Ponyville, besides we were planning to go to a gem mine with Spike and Rarity tomorrow.” Said Vodos

“Well do you have any place to spend the night?” Asked Twilight

“No we don’t.” Said Vodos shaking his head

“Well you are welcomed to spend the night, but just this one time.” she said.

“Thanks Twilight.” Said Vodos

“No problem, now I need to get some sleep and you four should do the same.” Said Twilight making her way up the stairs.

“Actually we’re fine, midnight here is mid-day back home.” Said Ivan.

“Well suit yourself but please be quiet.” Twilight said.

“We will goodnight.” Said Vodos.

“Goodnight.” Said Twilight, and then she turned off the light leaving them in the dark. The group decided to go outside so they don’t disturb Twilight.

“Ok we have all night to kill, what do we do?” asked Ivan.

“Well I’m not sure about you guys but I’m going to do some research and see how much they know about humans, I’m a little curious to what they know.” Said Vodos.

“I guess me and Eagle Eye could practice our skills.” Said Ivan.

“I guess we could.” Eagle Eye said taking out his Dark bow.

“I don’t think any cow fields are nearby so I guess you two could use some trees as target dummies and Ivan, don’t use your whip, the crack alone would wake up the whole village. You can borrow my dragon dagger but I’m going to want that back.” Vodos said unsheathing the dagger.

“Thanks Vodos.” Said Ivan “hey Chef what are you going to do?”

“I’m going to bed. I spent all night yesterday making potions for you three.” Said Chef.

“That’s fine I guess we’ll meet up here before we head to the mine, sound like a plan?” asked Vodos.

The group agreed and went their separate ways for the night. Chef and Vodos went back inside and through the window a small light flickered as Vodos lit a reading candle. Eagle Eye and Ivan headed out of the village to practice their skills, waiting for morning to hunt for riches.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


“What’s taking her so long?” asked Ivan.

“I don’t know, didn’t she say she just needed a hat?” Asked Vodos.

“She said she needed the right kind of hat.” Said Spike.

“What? A hat is just a hat.” Said Vodos

“Not to Rarity it isn’t.”

“Great.” Said Vodos sarcastically.

“Oh good you guys didn’t leave yet.” Said Twilight trotting over.

“Oh hi Twilight, what are you doing here?” asked Spike

“I decided to join you guys.” she said.

“That’s fine by us.” Said Chef

“Sorry that took so long but I’m ready to go.” Rarity said walking out of her shop.

“Not a problem Rarity.” Said Spike.

“hey now that we’re all here let's head out to the mine. Lead the way Rarity” Said Vodos grabbing the cart next to Rarity’s shop

The group then began to make their way toward the mine. Every step they took they were that much closer to reaching their goal, and they knew it, especially Vodos.

“So Vodos, what did you find on your little research project?” Chef asked.

“Research project?” Asked Twilight

“When you went to bed I decided to do some reading to see how much you knew about humans.”

“What did you find?” Asked Twilight.

“Ponies are clueless about humans!” Vodos laughed.

“What did you find?” Asked Chef

“Well it is believed that human cutie marks are either on our hips or on our arms.” He said pointing to each spot.

“Really, what else?” Asked Chef clearly just as amused as Vodos.

“Oh just wild theories about our diet, inelegance which say we are not as smart as ponies, and other crazy things.” He said laughing. “But there was one thing that was rather odd.”

“How so?” Asked Chef.

“I was reading a book about unicorn battle magic when I came across one sentence that stood out. I wrote it down so I wouldn’t forget.” He then unfolded a small scrap of paper and read the words aloud.

“While unicorn elemental magic is some of the most destructive, it pales in comparison to human elemental magic and its devastating nature.”

“It said that?” Asked Chef.

“Word for word.” replied Vodos. “What do you think Twilight?”

“I’ve read that book before and I don’t think our elemental magic pales in comparison to yours.” Twilight said.

“Let’s test it then” Vodos then shouted to the front for the group “Hey guys wait up for a sec” he called.

“What’s up Vodos?” Asked Eagle Eye.

“We’re going to do a little test between me and Twilight.” Vodos took any opportunity to be able to show off his magical abilities in front of new people.

“What’s the test?” Asked Ivan.

“You’ll see. Ok Twilight you know some elemental battle magic, right?” Vodos Asked.

“I know one.” she said, and then she pointed her horn at a tree a good 50 feet away. Her horn glowed bright red then caught fire. The flames then focused on a single point on the tip of her horn forming a ball of fire. Then ball then launched from her horn a struck the tree, scorching the front half

“Go Twilight!” Spike yelled.

“Ok my turn.” Vodos said walking into position. He held out his hand and channeled blood, earth and air rune energy into the ground. Suddenly the ground ripped itself apart as a glowing bolder infused with rune energy close to the size of Twilight, rose above the ground. Vodos then thrust his hand forward and bolder accelerated to a blinding speed toward the tree. The bolder exploded on impact completely destroying the lower half of the tree. “What do you think Twilight?” Vodos asked

Twilight didn’t know what to say, she had never seen human elemental magic before and she was shocked to see its destructive power.

“I don’t know what to say.” She finally said.

“Well I guess we could say that small bit of information is the most accurate statement I found.” Said Vodos.

“Hey how close are we to that mine Rarity?” Asked Chef changing the subject

“It’s just over that hill darling.” Said Rarity.

“Well what are we waiting for!” Said Vodos and he took off running up the hill dragging the cart behind him.

The group followed him up the hill and finally arrived at their goal, a ditch with nothing in it but dirt and rock.

“Where are all the gems?” Asked Vodos a little concerned. He was expecting to see the place covered with gems because neither Spike nor Rarity brought any excavating tools with them, only an empty wagon.

“They’re underground silly.” Said Rarity.

“How are you going find them without any tools?” Asked Vodos

“With these babies.” Spike said holding up his claws. “Oh and Rarity’s magic.”
Vodos sighed “Ok where do we begin?”

Then Rarity’s horn began to glow and she pointed it toward the ground and began to walk into the mine saying “This way.”
The group followed her into the mine then she stopped at a good size rock and dumbfounded the group as a part of the rock became translucent showing that it was hollow and filled to the brim with all matter of gems. In his excitement Vodos took his rune pickaxe and raised it above his head and drove it straight into the rock splitting it in half causing the gems to spill out. Vodos then bent down and scooped up most of the gems and held them up

“By the gods, can any of you believe this?” he asked staring at the treasure in his hands.

“Oh there’s a lot more where that came from darling.” Said Rarity. Then her horn began to glow even brighter revealing that they were surrounded by all sorts of gems. The group quickly split off and began to dig up the treasure that surrounded them. Most of the gems went into Rarity’s wagon and bags, while the rest (mainly the rarest ) went into the group’s bags. All sorts of gems were found ranging from sapphires to a good number of dragonstone. They spent about a half an hour in the mine and then they made their biggest find.

“Everyone get over here quick!” yelled Chef.
Everybody ran over to see what was up and Vodos, Ivan, and Eagle Eye nearly fainted after seeing what Chef found. Two of onyx gems, the rarest of all gems in Runescape, just sitting on a pile of lesser gems.

“Ivan….how much?” Vodos asked.

“One onyx gem is worth a couple million on the exchange. I’m not sure on the exact amount.” Said Ivan.

“Guys we did it.” Said Chef.
The group suddenly burst into cheers over the fact that their problems were now over. Rarity, Spike, and Twilight ran over to see what all the commotion was about.

“What’s going on?” Asked Twilight.

“We struck Onyx! Onyx!” yelled Chef.

“Those two black stones?” Twilight said a little confused that two little black stones would cause all this excitement.

“Those two stones are the answers to our troubles. There are worth more than…. Well they’re worth MILLIONS.” Vodos said trying to stay calm.

“That much, well when you’re done celebrating can you help us again we're almost done here.” Twilight said.

“Oh sure no problem, hey Ivan do an inventory check to see how much we can make off our gems.”

“No problem Vodos.” Ivan said then he began to examine the gems they collected to determine their worth.

The group then went back to work digging up gems thinking of what they will do with the money. Vodos was thinking about getting a Light staff to help with his spells, Ivan finally could get his Zamorak godsword; Chef was now able to pay off his bills and bank loan, and Eagle Eye, a lifetime supply of dragon arrows. The group spent about another hour digging and finally filled up the wagon. With the wagon full they made their way back to Ponyville.

“We got enough gems, so we’re heading home right?” Asked Eagle Eye.

“We are, but first I’m going back to Sweet Apple Acres to pick up my cannon and then I’ll meet you in the town square and will teleport home using the Lumbridge home teleport.”

The Lumbridge home teleport is the most simple teleport spell; it requires no knowledge of magic to cast. All it requires is a tool to draw a circle on the ground, and the Lumbridge home teleport spell book.

“Hey Chef, you still have that extra potion, right?” Asked Vodos.

“Only one.” he said taking out the bottle. “It should last you long enough to get to a bank and deposit it in your safety deposit box.”

“Thanks.” Vodos said grabbing the bottle. “I’ll meet you guys in the square later.”

The group continued back to the village while Vodos tuned and headed toward Sweet Apple Acres. It only took a couple of minutes before Vodos found himself back at the apple orchard, but no sight of Applejack. He did notice however an elderly looking pony sitting in a rocking chair on the porch of the house.

“Excuse me ma’am I’m looking for Applejack.” Vodos said.

“What’s that dear?” Said the elderly pony.

“I’m looking for Applejack.” Vodos said a little louder sensing she was hard of hearing.

“Speak up I can’t hear y’ah.” she said but this time she held up a cone up to her ear.
This time he spoke louder and slower. “I said I’m looking for Applejack!”

“Ohhhh, why didn’t you say so, she’s over in the barn.” She Said pointing over to the large barn.

“Thank you.” Vodos said, but before he could head over the old pony stopped him.

“Hold up, you’re human aren’t you.” she said closely examining him.

“Yes I am.” he replied.

“Well shoot, I haven’t seen your kind in years! Course back then most humans were long gone by then. You’re the first one I actually meet.”

“Really, there were more of us back then?” Said Vodos.

“Well back in my days humans where a very rare sight, considering most of them left Equestria. When I was only a little girl, I only saw a group walk by the farm and into the Everfree forest. The strange part was they were being escorted by Celestia’s royal guard, and none of them looked dangerous at all. Most of them had what looked like work clothes and they carried a tool that looked just like yours.” she said pointing to Vodos’s rune pickaxe. “The others just wore these funny looking robes and they carried these sticks with different colored balls on top.” What she just described was what sounded like a group of miners that was being protected by experience mages, but why were they escorted by royal guard into the Everfree forest, most likely to the portal? Also why to the portal? Any experienced mage can easily teleport almost anywhere in Runescape instantly, so they should have been able to head back home that way. Same goes for the miners; they could have easily used a Lumbridge home teleport. This raised some suspicion inside Vodos but he decided not to act on it.

“Well it was nice meeting you but I need to talk to Applejack now.” Vodos said and began to walk toward the barn.

“Come back any time!” she said waving.
Vodos walked to the barn and decided to let himself in. He found Applejack in the corner stacking large bales of hay.
“Excuse me Applejack.” he said.

“Howdy, what can I do you for?”

“Hi, we meet yesterday and I left here my machine here, I’m here to pick it up.”

“Sure, it’s right over there.” Applejack said pointing a hoof to the back corner.
Vodos walked over to his cannon and placed every piece back onto the back pack. He then took out Chef’s potion and took one dose before strapping himself in.

“Hun do you need help with that? I can get Big Mac to help you.” asked Applejack.

“No need.” Vodos said then he stood up as if the cannon weren’t even on his back. Applejack was stunned to see Vodos carry that thing on his back. Yesterday she saw him barely keep himself up with the cannon on his back and Big Mac had just as much trouble.

“How are you doing that?” she asked.

“Strength potion, here you can have what’s left, its helps with heavy loads as you can see.” he said pointing to his multi cannon. Then he took out the bottle of yellow liquid and handed it to her.

“Thanks, umm how does it work?” Applejack asked examining the liquid.

“Drink some and it will increase your strength for about an hour. How exactly it does that, I have no clue.” said Vodos.

“Well thank you, this should help with my work later.” she said with a smile.

“No problem, consider it a thank you for letting me leave my machine here and not letting me carrying it around, crushing my back.”

“You looked like you needed that off you. hey by the way, where are you going?” she asked

“Home, we found what we were looking for, so we’re heading back today.”

“Well come by anytime you’re back in Ponyville.”

“Oh I will.” he said and began to jog back to the village.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ok we got everything right? Ivan asked.
“I have all I need.” said Vodos pointing to his staff and his cannon.

“Who has the gems?” Ivan asked.

“I got them.” Said Chef holding his bag filled with the two onyx gems, some dragon stone, and a handful of diamonds. Approximant worth on the Grand Exchange, 14.5 million coins.

“Everybody has their Lumbridge books? I don’t have to perform any teleother spells right?” Asked Vodos

“I got mine.” said Eagle Eye holding the book and brush.
Then Chef and Ivan held up their books to show Vodos. Performing teleother spells required a lot of focus so performing them gave Vodos a bad headache. So frankly he was relieved that he didn’t have to perform any.

“Oh you guys are still here?” asked a voice.
The group looked to see Twilight and Spike walking over.

“What’s up twilight?” asked Vodos.

“I’m just here to see you off.” she said with a smile.

“That fine.” said Vodos with a smile.

The group then began to draw circles on the ground and the sat in the middle of them.

“Bye Twilight see you soon.” said Vodos.

“Come back real soon.” she said waving a hoof.

“Oh you can count on that.” said Ivan. Actually the group was planning on coming back soon, it was just the revenant was the only problem, but if they got through it once they could most likely do it again and again.

The group then took out their books and began to read the words. Slowly rings on the ground began to form around the circle as they read the words from the book. The rings began to glow brighter and they grew in height. Soon the rings came up to just above their chests and they took hold of them and they faded away. Seconds later they reappeared back in the square in random places only a few feet away from where they started.

“Vodos, what happened? Why are we still here?” asked Ivan.

“The spell failed.” Vodos said deeply confused.

“We know that, but why did it fail?” asked Eagle Eye.

“I don’t know, let’s just try again and see what happens.” said Vodos.

The group performed the spell again, drawing the circle, reading the words, and fading away only to have the same result.

“You guys having trouble?” Asked Twilight

“Just a little, but no worries.” Said Vodos

“What now Vodos?” asked Ivan.

“Let’s try a different teleport, the Varrock teleport. You all know that one right?” asked Vodos.

The group nodded and Vodos gave them the runes needed to cast the spell.

“I’ll go first, if I don’t come back in five minutes then teleport over.” Vodos said then a column of energy grabbed him as he casted the spell and he disappeared. The group waited about thirty seconds then he reappeared sitting on the ground.

“I figured out what the problem is.” he said with a sigh.

“What is it?” Asked Twilight hoping she could help in anyway.

“The Lumbridge teleport is working just fine, it just takes you here.” he said pointing where he was sitting.

“I don’t understand.” Ivan said scratching his head.

“When I performed the Varrock teleport it didn’t take me to Varrock, it took me instead to a pony city called Canterlot, I then used the Lumbridge teleport to come back here.” he explained.

“Well why are they doing that?” asked Chef.

“Well it’s only a theory but, because we are not in Runescape our teleport spells are no longer aided by the rune magic there. Instead the spells are being led by the “pony” magic here.” Vodos explained.

“I still don’t understand why the magic here is preventing us from going home?” asked Ivan.

“Here let me put it this way. Imagine both the magic here and Runescape’s magic are like rivers leading to different areas. When you cast a teleport spell you intern hitch a ride on one of these rivers and it takes you to your destination. Now the problem is that both Equestria’s and Runescape’s “river systems” are completely separated, so when you cast a teleport spell your hitching a ride on one of Equestria’s rivers instead of the ones back home.” Vodos explained to the best of his ability.

“But what about the portal?” asked Chef.

“That’s the only “river” that leads back home and our only option.” He said.

“You mean we need to go through the revenant again?” asked Ivan.

“Great.” Eagle Eye grunted.

“What’s a revenant?” Asked Twilight

“This powerful winged unicorn spirit that attacked us when Vodos tried to open the portal.” explained Ivan.

“Winged unicorn?” Said Twilight a little confused.

“Yeah and that’s the wired part. A winged unicorn revenant has never before seen except by us. Normally revenants are ghosts of worries who been slain in the god wars hundreds of years ago. Usually they just roam the wilderness and attack anything that moves, but this one was different, it only appeared after I started to open the portal.” Vodos explained.

“Interesting, so you are going to fight it again?” asked Twilight.

“No, I was able to stop it with an entanglement spell, I think I could do that again and we could just make a run for it. Besides I think it’s more concerned about the portal anyway.”

“Do you think we should head to the portal soon, its afternoon so maybe we can get to the exchange early before to many people arrive there?” asked Ivan.

“I think the sooner I can pay off my bills the better.” said Chef.

“I guess we are heading out now. Do you want come to see us off?” asked Vodos.

“No, I need to do some work back home.” she said.

“That’s fine. I guess we’ll see you again when we come back.” said Vodos

“Let’s hope so.” said Twilight with a smile.

The group said their goodbyes and headed back to the Everfree forest to head back home.

“So when do you think we’ll be back?” Asked Chef

“Hopefully soon, I want to buy some new equipment and refill my rune supply before heading back.” Said Vodos

“Same here, I need to get my armor repaired, I’ve been meaning to do that lately. I was surprised my armor didn’t shatter when I took that hit from the reverent.” Said Ivan.

Bringing up the reverent made the group uneasy. They knew exactly what was waiting for them on the other side of the portal.

“We know that the reverent will be there, so what’s the plan?” asked Chef.

“Like I said earlier, I’ll just entangle it, then we’ll make a run for it.” Vodos said.

“Isn’t your cannon going to wear you down?” asked Eagle Eye.

“I have enough time left before the potion wears off, so I can still run.” said Vodos.

“Well that’s good. So where is the portal again?” asked Ivan.

“I remember, follow me.” Said Chef and sure enough they made their way back to the portal.

“Ok this should play out the same way just like last time.” said Vodos walking up to the dead portal.

“Do you think you need to set up your cannon?” asked Chef.

“Might as well, just in case.” Then he unstrapped his cannon and placed each piece together using his telegrab spell. Vodos then closed his eyes and channeled the rune energy to his hands, held them up and released the energy into the portal. The portal absorbed the energy and began to glow. The group remained alert just in case something came up. The group then relaxed as it appeared that nothing was going to come up and challenge them. The portal began to glow brighter but then small cracks began to form along the arch.

“Vodos!” Ivan said trying to shout over the noise of Vodos spell, but no luck.

The cracks began to grow even larger and Ivan ran to Vodos to get his attention. Ivan grabbed his shoulder and shook him.

“What!” yelled Vodos. Then he opened his eyes and saw the large cracks on the portal. “Oh shi-” but before he could finish or disband the spell, the portal exploded sending the group into the air and several feet away.
Ivan and Chef, equipped with the harder amour that absorbed most of the blast, were the first back on their feet.

“Is everyone alright!” yelled Ivan.

“No, my arm’s busted.” shouted Eagle Eye. He was holding his limp arm at his side. Chef ran over and inspected his arm.

“It’s not broken but it is sprained.” said Chef.

“Wait, where’s Vodos?” asked Ivan. He looked over and saw Vodos out cold several feet away from where the portal used to be. He ran over to check on his friend. Vodos was on his back with his leg twisted funny.

“Chef get over here!” Ivan shouted. Chef sprinted over to see what’s wrong.

“His leg is broken and it looks like he took a hit to the head, but he’s still breathing.” said Chef.

Suddenly something punched a hole in the trees as it flew through. Ivan and Chef looked over to see Rainbow Dash and one of her friends had flown in to see what happened

“What happened? You guys all right? Asked Rainbow Dash.

“We heard the explosion back in the village.” said her friend

“We’re fine but Vodos took the worst of the explosion, we need to get him the hospital NOW!” said Ivan.

“I’ll go get help from hospital in Ponyville.” said Rainbow Dash.

“Well can you do that fast!” asked Ivan.

“No problem!” she said then took off at blinding speed.

“You, Rainbow Dash’s friend get over here and help Chef.” said Ivan pointing to the nervous looking pony.

Suddenly Vodos groaned and opened his eyes, Ivan quickly ran over to see if he was all right. “You ok?” asked Ivan.

“No” said Vodos and started to pass out.

“It’s going to be all right Vodos.” said Ivan. Just before Vodos passed out he saw a beautiful rainbow shockwave appear in the sky, then black.

Comments ( 1 )
Fin

Ahhh... a runescape crossover, score +1 for originality! I don't think ponies and runescape have mixed yet.
~Fin

Login or register to comment