• Published 28th Nov 2015
  • 11,820 Views, 446 Comments

George Trestale, God of... Something - DrOcsid



Equestria has a new problem - that is, they have to deal with yet another human, and this one's been bestowed with godlike powers that don't even work properly. That, and amnesia. Probably not a good combination.

  • ...
34
 446
 11,820

Rip-a-Dee-Doo

I awoke with a start. Sitting up in my bed as fast as humanly possible, the first thing my mind went to was the dream I just had. It felt as if my dream had transitioned directly into reality, almost like they were one and the same. Let's see, what was my dream about again? A Princess... something about King Tetesac...

Oh, right. I was supposed to convince Tetesac to make peace with the ponies. That is, if this "Princess Luna" is actually, you know, real. I don't know much about dream prophecies, but now that I'm awake, the task at hand feels even less possible. I looked behind me, noticing through the now illuminated blinds that sunlight was shining into my room. I guess it's morning. I shuffled myself to the end of my bed and let out a yawn. I got onto my feet and promptly fell onto my face.

"Ugh... Fuff." Taking my face out of the carpet, I immediately noticed that I couldn't feel my left leg. Great, just what I needed to wake up to. I grabbed my leg and shook it around, trying to restore circulation. Soon enough, some feeling returned to my leg, accompanied with the sensation of a bunch of needles in my skin.

"Ow. Ow ow ow," I said, getting back up on my feet again. I shook around my leg some more. "Stupid leg, you have one job and that's to walk. I expect you to do it."

I instinctively went to the nightstand for my glasses, but realized they were on the floor, at the face-impact zone. Guess I was too tired to remember to take them off when I went to bed. I looked at the wall across from the bed and noticed an analogue clock, in a circular wooden frame covered in swirly engravings.

"Let's see, looks like the time's around... three. That's about- Wait, WHAT?"

Wait, maybe that's 3 AM... but wait, no, it's light outside. Aw, shit. I dove back onto my bed and re-made the covers, and then dashed into the closet to look for clothes.

"Why didn't Lyra wake me?! Is she even still here?" I asked myself out loud, rummaging through the clothes. I found a set of clothes exactly matching the now-tattered ones I had been wearing before, which, at the moment, are snugly fit into a trashcan. Looking up, I saw a tie rack, holding nothing but red ties, differing only in pattern styles.

"...I must really be a fan of this type of dress." After looking around some more, I noticed a singular sky blue tie on the floor. I grabbed it and ran out of my room holding the full set of clothes. I threw them into the bathroom at a speed that I'm surprised didn't cause a sonic boom, and jumped in front of Lyra's door. I started continuously knocking, not stopping even after she opened the door.

"Ugh... what is it?" she said, rubbing her right eye.

"It's like 3 PM, Lyra! How in the actual fuck did we sleep in that long?!"

"Wuh... 3 PM? You're telling me we slept for fourteen hours?"

"Apparently! The King must have already came and knocked on our door! Who knows how long we've kept him waiting?! We've gotta get to the castle and, I don't know, apologize, or something! But, man, I've still gotta take a shower, and-"

She cut me off. "Hold on. Come in here for a second."

"Uh, okay." I walked into her room. As I did so, she pointed at a wall. Following her hoof, I saw there was a clock in her room very much like mine, except it was telling us that the time was about 8:20. I watched the second hand tick over to 8:21.

"Uh... what?"

"I think your clock's broken."

I went out of Lyra's room and back into mine. Lyra followed me in. I ran up to the clock on the wall to get a better look at it, the most apparent aspect of it being that the second hand wasn't moving.

"Oh, you've gotta be frickin' kidding me. Why would I have a clock that doesn't work?"

"Heck if I know," said Lyra. "Look on the bright side, though. You make a decent alarm clock."

I looked at her for a moment before responding. "Yeah, ha-ha. Lemme just go un-invent alarm clocks so I can get paid to do it."

I walked past her and into the bathroom to take a shower. Before turning on the water, I took a moment to really look at myself in the mirror. My face was noticeably dirty in some areas, and I had a good amount of hair growing out of my chin and upper lip. Man, facial hair does not look good on me. I undressed myself, revealing my arms, legs and torso were also a bit dirty in some areas. I also found out I stunk like a sweaty dog. I guess that's what happens when you don't shower for a week. I felt my hair, which was noticeably oily and matted. Yeah, this is gonna be a long shower. I turned the water on as hot as I could stand it, and jumped in.

~ 45 Minutes Later ~

I walked down the stairs, now fully dressed in an ensemble almost identical to what I was wearing yesterday. My face was now clean-shaven, I smelled like cologne, and my hair was... well, same as usual, except clean. As I reached the bottom step, I noticed Lyra at the breakfast table, eating a bowl of cereal. A cereal box sat on the table, reading "Bran Flakes". What a generic name.

Lyra looked to me as I walked over to the table. "Well, you look a heck of a lot better than you did yesterday. You look less ape-y."

"That's not even a word," I said, sitting down across from her. "But yes, I do look better."

"I see you're wearing the same clothes."

"Ah, nope." I lifted up my tie for Lyra to notice. "Blue tie, see? I was feeling adventurous."

Lyra gave an unimpressed "Uh-huh", and continued eating her flakes of bran.

"So, uh," I said, trying to keep a silence from growing. "When do you think Tetesac will be here? He didn't give us a specific time, did he?"

"Nope. No idea," said Lyra. But right as she shoved another spoonful of bran flakes into her mouth, I heard a series of exactly three knocks come from the living room. I jumped up from my chair, almost knocking it over.

"Sounds like that's him!" I went over to the front door and opened it, revealing that, rather than King Tetesac, there was a man I did not recognize standing in front of my door. He was a noticeably elderly man, looking like he was in his mid-eighties. His hair was long and completely grey, and he wore a blue shirt that was tucked into a pair of beige pants that looked like they were on too tight. One of his eyes was looking at me, but the other was off facing to his left. A long beard hung off his chin that really drove home the point of "I am extremely old".

"Uh... Hi. Is there something you need?" I asked. I'd never seen this man before, but he looked like he'd gone senile at age 20.

Suddenly, he started dancing around. "Hoo BOY! I told 'em, yes I did! I told 'em that y'all would come right on back, and lookee here! Yer alive and well! HAH! Take that, Powell! Now I'm 'bout ta be a hundred dollars richer! RIP-A-DEE-DOO!"

As I stood there in complete confusion as to what the hell I was seeing, Lyra walked up to me. The old man was still dancing around and shouting unintelligible things to himself.

"...I don't think that's the King," said Lyra.

Suddenly, the man stopped and turned to Lyra. "Oh-HO! Yeah, I what's goin' on here! Can't keep a thing from Jack Musket's eyes! Y'all convinced her, didn't ya, Walty?"

I couldn't really think of a response. "I... what?"

"Wee-HOO! I knowed it was gonna happen! Oh, boy did I! Oh boy, old Musket can't wait! Y'all are gonna get it, missy! Countin' on ya, Walt!" The man took off, running at a speed a man his age shouldn't be capable of. Lyra and I stood there in equal states of dumbfoundedness.

The first thing that was said to break the silence came from Lyra. "What the heck was that?"

"I don't know," I said. "I'm a little scared now."

I still saw the old man running into the distance. While watching him, I noticed Tetesac heading towards my house. The old man bumped into Tetesac for a second, shouted something unintelligible, and then ran off into an alleyway. Tetesac stopped for a second, then started walking towards my house again at an accelerated rate. After about half a minute, he reached us.

"Hello, George. Ms. Heartstrings," he said, breathing a bit heavily. "How are you two doing?"

"Fine," I said. "A bit weirded out. Who was that old guy?"

"...Oh, you met him? What did he say?" He looked noticeably concerned.

"Something about knowing I'd come back, something about me convincing someone, and something about Lyra 'getting it'."

"Ah." He slowly stroked his beard. "Well, that was Jack Musket, or 'Old Man Musket', as he is more commonly referred to. He has a habit for rambling about things no one knows about. I suspect not even he knows what he is talking about."

Lyra piped up. "I think he was being awfully specific for not knowing what he's talking about."

"Well, that's just how he is. Perhaps he was deliberately trying to confuse you, as a prank. I recommend not giving any heed to what he tells you."

I wasn't too sure of what he was saying, but I kept my mouth shut anyway.

"Well then," said Tetesac, "Shall we go inside?"