• Published 28th Nov 2015
  • 11,805 Views, 446 Comments

George Trestale, God of... Something - DrOcsid



Equestria has a new problem - that is, they have to deal with yet another human, and this one's been bestowed with godlike powers that don't even work properly. That, and amnesia. Probably not a good combination.

  • ...
34
 446
 11,805

Dead Poets Society

I awoke to the sound of bubbling liquid. Opening my eyes, I found myself in some sort of hut, the walls adorned with various bottles and horse-shaped masks. Strange, I don't remember falling asleep here.

"Ah, so you are finally awake. I was beginning to wonder how long that would take." I heard a distinctively female voice. Turning my head, I laid my eyes on what looked to be a zebra adorned in various gold... bracelets, or something.

"Agh! Where am I?!" I said, backing into a corner.

"Do not have fear, my human friend. Your confusion will meet its end."

"Who are you? Why am I here?!"

"I am Zecora. I live in this wood. I noticed you napping, and I understood."

"Understood what?"

"Your current plight, it was clear to myself. I opted to give you a shelter, some help."

"And why are you talking in rhymes?"

"I'm sure your amount of questions is great, but I am afraid they will have to wait." She walked over to a large cauldron in the middle of the hut and looked into it.

"I heard of your Canterlot escapades. Here, humans don't exactly come in spades."

"Oh, that. In my defense, I wasn't exactly in my right mind at the time."

"I'm afraid my concerns lie elsewhere, George. Those memories lost in that story you've forged."

"What do you mean?" I got up and looked in the cauldron. It was filled with some type of green liquid.

"I conducted some research, I hope you don't mind. I'm sure you'd like to see the things I did find."

"Research? What kind of research?"

"The type of research on humans, that's what. It's been long since one last came to my hut."

"Can you please just explain to me what's going on?"

"To you, there's more than most ponies would see. Your powers stretch far beyond climbing trees."

I thought back to the branch breaking and winced.

"You're saying I'm more powerful than I think I am?"

"If you were not, then you would likely be dead. And yet you are here in my home," she said.

"...Hey, that's cheating!"

"No, it's not." She stirred the pot.

"I... never mind. How did you figure all this out about me?"

"News travels fast when a human is here. Most ponies view it as something quite queer."

"So, why are you helping me rather than turning me in to Celestia or something?"

She left the Cauldron and looked out the window.

"You are not the first human to come to my house. Another once came, they were meek as a mouse."

"Were they friendly at all?"

"She was a sweet girl, far more than you'd think. She even tried to offer me a drink. However, she could not stay long. She left soon after she'd sang me a song."

"After that, I heard naught else from her. It was as if she was gone in a blur."

She continued. "Ever since that day, when that human left my home, I began to doubt how, to us, they were known."

"...Wow, I'm actually feeling kinda emotional at that."

She turned back to me. "However, these days are far in the past. You are now here, and I must finish fast."

"Do you believe in a higher power? A sort of being, above all they would tower?"

"I don't know," I said. "To be honest, I haven't thought of anything concerning religion since I fell out of the sky."

"What if I told you this power was you? It's the only explanation for what you've been through."

"...What exactly are you saying?"

"Immortality is no small power, my friend. There is but one explanation to this end."

"Wait, how did you know I was immortal?"

"You fell from the sky, and from Canterlot. The damage to mortals would be quite a lot. It's a hasty conclusion, I'm fully aware, but please take a seat, right over there."

There didn't seem to be any chairs around, so I just sat down on the floor.

"You may not believe me, so please just inhale. You may be a deity, my friend, George Trestale."

What. A deity? As in godliness? I'm a god? No, that can't be right.

"N-No, that can't be right. How could I be a god?! I'm not even that powerful!"

"That is where things complicate themselves. Mediocrity seems to be where your power delves."

"Please, just get to the point!"

"Let us go outside, and you will see for yourself. Your powers may knock my things off my shelf."

We both walked outside, and stopped a small distance from her house.

"Now, attempt to teleport like before. Focus on my house's door."

Concentrating on the door, I attempted to teleport myself into the hut. I waved my arm to the right as usual... and I suddenly appeared about a yard to the left.

"Yes, this confirms what it was that I thought. Your powers are broken, they're all good for naught."

"Wait," I said, walking back to her. "So, I have godlike powers, but they don't work right?!"

"I am afraid that's the fact of the matter. From what I see here, your powers are shattered."

"Can they be fixed?"

"The idea of that's been heard by no one. Nothing like that has ever been done."

"Oh, goddamn it. So, what you're saying is I'm stuck with broken magical powers. I'm pretty much the crappiest god in existence."

"I am afraid that statement is true. But come inside, I have something for you."

I followed Zecora back into her hut. Upon doing so, she opened a drawer and took out what looked to be a piece of parchment. She placed it in my hands.

"I was given this map by the previous human. She gave it to me with a bottle of cumin."

"Cumin? Why?"

"I must admit, that was a lie. I was simply in need of a rhyme."

"Oh."

"This map leads to Anthropia. She told me, 'A human utopia'."

"Wait, this map shows where Anthropia is?"

"Yes, this map will take you there. It is a long journey, but I doubt you care."

"Honestly, at this point I'm willing to do anything to figure out what the hell's been going on for the past day."

"Then go, and find the answers to your past. But you may want to get there fast."

"Why?"

"Your arrival in Ponyville is causing stir. It will likely ruffle Celestia's fur."

"So, what you're saying is she's going to send a search party after me?"

"That is what is most likely. So go, and know to tread lightly."

"Alright." I tucked the map into my pocket. "Thanks, Zecora. Your efforts will not be in vain!" I said, dashing out the door.

So, now I have a map to Anthropia. That's like manna from heaven at this point. After leaving the forest, I took the map out of my pocket and studied it.

Sheesh, that is way out there. How the hell am I supposed to walk that far? I need some other method of transportation. After some thinking and walking, I heard what sounded like a train whistle. I looked off at a nearby mountain and saw, unsurprisingly, a train scaling it, seemingly heading towards Canterlot.

Hm, that gives me an idea.

Author's Note:

god, i hate rhyming things