• Published 28th Nov 2015
  • 11,801 Views, 446 Comments

George Trestale, God of... Something - DrOcsid



Equestria has a new problem - that is, they have to deal with yet another human, and this one's been bestowed with godlike powers that don't even work properly. That, and amnesia. Probably not a good combination.

  • ...
34
 446
 11,801

Five Hundred Miles

A week from now. A week from now! The next train that goes anywhere near Anthropia is a week from this current day. That means two things. One, that entire ordeal with the train now serves as nothing but pointless filler. Second, that means I need to be in hiding for a week. I could probably walk there in that time! Hell, I think I just might do that. I didn't initially want to, on account of it being incredibly tedious, but what other choice do I have?

Besides, if I don't want to get caught again, I need to get as far away from Ponyville and Canterlot as possible.

"Welp," I thought to myself, "Might as well-"

My thoughts were cut short upon the sight of several armored pegasi flying overhead towards Ponyville, holding what looked like searchlights. Wow, they have those? My attention was also caught by a brighter beam of light from the sky. Following this light with my eyes and squinting really hard, I saw that it led up to Twilight, who was now flying in the air, evidently looking for me. Narrowly avoiding the spotlights, I shoved the schedule into my pocket and ran a good distance from them. As they continued shining their lights around, I decided now would probably be the best time for me to get the hell out of here. Taking one last look towards Ponyville, I took the map out of my pocket, and began my walk to Anthropia.

~Fifteen minutes later...~

Well, this looks like a good time to rest. I'm a good ways away from the search party, I can continue my trek in the morning. Now near a river, I laid down on the ground, looking at the night sky. Okay, this would be a lot more enjoyable if the ground wasn't so uncomfortable. Seems that grass's comfortable exterior is just a facade to hide all the dirt and rocks underneath. Sitting up, I looked around for something that could potentially be used as a pillow of sorts. Nothing in sight. Disappointed, I thought to myself a bit more, and then back to my talk with Zecora.

Hm... I wonder if I can conjure up objects? I could use anything to cushion myself against the ground. It probably won't work, but I might as well give it a shot. Standing up, I focused on the ground, closed my eyes and and tried to will into existence... hm, let's go with a sleeping bag. Imagining the image of the bag on the ground, I put all my willpower into making it appear. I have to believe it will be there. It IS there. I opened my eyes...

It's not there. Okay, let's try this again. I looked at the spot on the ground, and didn't close my eyes this time. And... appear!

Nothing. Okay, this is going nowhere fast. And I'm tired. Looking around, I spotted a nearby rock on the ground. Hm, perhaps transmogrification? I picked it up and placed it front of me.

"Okay," I thought, focusing on the rock. "I want a pillow!"

I pushed my emotions into this rock. Focusing almost hard enough to pop a vein in my head, the rock was suddenly engulfed in a white light. Caught off guard by this, I fell onto my ass. I continued looking at the rock, jaw gaping just a little as I saw it change into... a doily.

"A doily? Are you joking me?" I picked it up and stared at it. "What, is my head a fuckin' teapot now? Christ!"

I threw it to the ground and sat down, frustrated. Looking to the sky, I noticed the moon was now in a position that signified it was late. I need to get to sleep fast if I want to get a good amount of time out of tomorrow...

Oh, screw it. I grabbed the doily, set it out on the ground gently, and laid down, resting my head on it. This is like a shot glass of water to the world's thirstiest man. At least it's something. And somehow, after some time, perhaps due to the soothing prettiness of the night sky, I managed to fall asleep.

~Ponyville, some time earlier~

To say Twilight's previous few days were unusual would be an understatement of criminal proportions. The strangest human she had ever seen had turned up in Equestria, inciting anger in many towns' citizens. Perhaps it was because of percieved inaction on the Princesses' part, or because he had managed to escape from their custody. Either way, he needed to be recaptured before things got worse.

She was disappointed. She had been so close to capturing him a second time, being able to bring him right to Celestia. What she had to prove, she didn't know. She was already a princess. But she still looked up to her former mentor just as much as ever. This would have certainly impressed her. But he just had to teleport away.

While that was the most frustrating part of it, it was also perhaps one of the most intriguing. Just how did he manage to do that? Have humans been advancing their own magic somehow? Whatever the reason, the most obvious answer was research. Late-night research, much to Spike's annoyance and protest. But she was stagnant. Now nose-deep in a book about human history, a stack of others, already read, sat by her side. Fortunately for Spike, this was the last one she had. Flipping between pages, Twilight read various important-sounding passages out loud.

"'From what pony research has been able to discover, human magic extends to simple elemental magic, particularly of the fire and water variety.'" She thought hard on this specific sentence. "See, that's the thing, Spike. He shouldn't have been able to teleport, let alone survive supposedly falling so far twice in one day. How do you think he could have done it?" She gazed over at him, looking for a response.

"Gee, I dunno," said Spike, clearly disinterested as he looked at her, his head hanging upside-down off the side of one of the steps. "Body doubles, maybe?"

"Spike, this is serious. I need actual ideas, not magicians' tricks." She looked back to her book. None of them had documented anything like this. Just what is going on with this specific human?

"Aaagh!" She slammed the book shut, obviously frustrated. "Twelve thick books and not one with any information that is remotely related to this guy!"

"Maybe he's not even human," said Spike. "Ever consider that?"

Twilight thought this over. No, she didn't consider that. Huh.

"You mean like a changeling?"

"Maybe, I dunno. And I don't care enough to think too hard about it, since it might be enough to make me die of exhaustion." And with that, he went upstairs.

"Not human..." Twilight thought about magical entities that could potentially appear human. "But what could-"

Her thoughts were interrupted by a knock at the door. She abandoned her train of thought and walked to the front door, opening it to be greeted with a pegasus wearing a slightly worried expression on his face.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?"

"Uh, yeah, you know the human you warned the whole town about earlier?"

"Yeah, what about him?"

"He's kinda here now, being chased by an angry mob."

"What?! Did I not mention how dangerous he could potentially be?!"

"Ask them that, not me!"

"Ugh, fine!" And with that, Twilight ran out of her castle, now dashing around town looking for signs of either George or the mob. Unfortunately, her efforts were in vain, as by the time she found them, they were now out of breath, and void of any captured humans.

Twilight ran up to them. "Where's the human?"

"We lost him!" said one of the ponies.

"Yeah, he gave us the slip!"

"Okay," said Twilight, putting a hoof to her forehead. "Where did you all see him last?"

"Well," a pony in front said, "We were between the houses-"

Suddenly, there was a loud distinct noise of trash cans being knocked over.

"Did you hear that?!" one of the ponies yelled.

"Yeah, it came from that-a-way!" said another. And with that, the mob ran off in a direction that happened to be the opposite of where the sound actually came from.

"Wait!" said Twilight, but she was unheard as the mob ran off.

Taking in everything that just happened, Twilight kicked the dirt in annoyance.

"Shoot."