• Published 8th Nov 2015
  • 311 Views, 5 Comments

Courtesy Of The Moon - MoonlightMarie



Luna discoveres a strange filly on her balcony, what is it?

  • ...
 5
 311

Chapter 1

Courtesy Of The Moon
Luna screamed, something sharp had plunged into her back, sending sticky warm blood running down her sides. She groaned in pain, whatever had just pierced her hide was still stuck deep in her back. A white glow filled her blurry vision...
Luna leaped out of bed, beads of sweat had formed on her face from the intensity of the dream. The whole of canterlot was still fast asleep, including her sister, the guards didn't seem to be awake either, although this was perfectly normal, It still felt so strange.
She tried to fall back asleep, surrounding herself in her silky blue blankets. She even attempted a sleep spell on herself which just stunned her to a point where she started hallucinating.

It was almost dangerous to try falling back into the land of dreams and sleep again.

She felt like such a filly, cowering in her room, she should go talk to her sister... No-it wasn't worth it she would just laugh at her... She was such a imbecile.

Luna thought she might as well do something to occupy herself in the mean time. As silent as she could manage she made her way to her vanity. On her way to her destination across the room, she noticed a bright white light, like that of her moons, emitting from her balcony. Curious, she changed her mind about checking her hundreds of letters she had waiting patiently for her by her desk, she began to walk to her balcony.

Stepping out onto the balcony, she almost fell as she stumbled back in surprise. In front of her was a purely white filly covered in memorizing grey spots. It's eyes were a single color-black. It had no mane, or tail. It was emitting a strong white light onto her balcony. Clearly this wasn't any normal earth pony.

It was curled up into a tight ball, it looked as if it was trying to keep itself warm. It lifted its tiny head, staring strait into her endless blue eyes. She was very conflicted, she was terrible with fillys and colts, and she was afraid this one wouldn't find her any less horrifying than the others did.

In her sweetest most calm voice she could muster Luna spoke "Art thou parents missing small filly?" Luna tried to crack a kind smile. She probably looked ungodly stupid right about now. Yet the filly did nothing but grin a little and giggle. "How did thy reach this balcony little one?" Luna questioned the filly again "I flew" It spoke, lifting its now existing wings, Luna's eyes widened. It spoke again "My names FoggyLights, its sorta rude of you not to ask" FoggyLights Frowned "but you can just call me Foggy" Foggy smiled. "It was rude of me F-Foggy, Correct? Luna replied "yup" It giggled again, which Luna found slightly creepy.

A misty white horn grew from its head "look look! I'm special!" Foggy chimed. Yet, as its horn grew, it's wings faded away. "Were do you come from?" Luna asked. It Foggy narrowed her eyes "I'm not supposed to give that information away to strangers" Foggy frowned again "fair enough" Luna murmured. "Listen child" Luna said sternly "I-i have to tell my sister about you, for your sake and mine" the filly stood up and hissed "NO" Foggy protested "I'll get in trouble!" Thick black tears rolled down the fillys face, it was unlike anything Luna had ever witnessed before, the horn on its head had disappeared and the light that was engulfing its body dulled.

Feeling sympathy for the poor creature, Luna agreed "yes-yes alright fine... I won't tell her... But what about my other friends, you can trust them, can't you?" Foggy thought on this for a moment "sure...b-but only because you say they're trustworthy and because they're not your sister, the sun goddess right?" Luna thought this filly was a bit sinister, but she could understand her being scared of her sister, Tia is a bit intimidating. But she didn't need to go to her sister to discover what this thing was, she could always reach out to twilight.

"But now we must find a place for you to hide" Luna said, " If your going to not want Tia to see you you must do as I tell you, right?" The filly nodded its head, as Luna gestured for Foggy to follow her. Luna was still dumbfounded by what she had just experienced, but she would continue to help this strange filly, no matter what.

_______________

Luna Opened the door to the celler, this was one of multiple, interconnecting cellers and cold wet tunnels, but just this one was only known about by her, she squinted, and decided she would enter first. She began her trek down the stair well, Foggy close behind her. At some point it became dark enough that Luna had to use her own magic to like up the old wooden stairs ahead of her.

"Watch your step" Luna whispered to Foggy as she reached the last stair. She heard the clop of her hoof on the cold ground infront of her, witch made Foggy jump at the noise. Luna Yawned, she needed to get back to bed soon or she wouldn't the prepared for the day at hand.

"Follow me" Luna opened her wing and gestured words the end on the room with a slight movement.
"Excuse me miss-but what's your name?" Foggy asked. Luna stopped in her tracks. Stupid STUPIDhad she really been arrogant enough not to introduce herself to this filly... "Oh heh my name is Luna" she laughed nervously. "Luna have-you ever been walking in the dark a-and you feel like there's something behind you" there was some concern in the fillys voice as she said this. At her words a a shiver ran down Luna's spine "yes-yes I have, and, why do you say this?" Luna was standing right at the light switch now, but she wanted to hear the fillys words first "b-because that's what I feel like now" Foggy sniffled as she began to cry.

Luna panicked, she practicly crushed the light switch as she turned it on. She whipped around to face Foggy who was crying the strange black liquid again, and she was quivering in fear. "Please don't cry" Luna caressed Foggy and stroked her mane. "It's ok it's ok-shhh-shh" Luna felt like a protective mother.

She quickly examined her surroundings, everything was the same as she had left it. She sighed in relief. "It's gonna be a long night" Luna whispered to herself , frowning...

__________________

Luna had found it nearly impossible to get Foggy to sleep that night , she had been sobbing practicly all night, and when she finally shut her sore eyes Luna had had to write a not e stating she would have to stay down in the bedroom celler till the small hand on the clock reached the three.

She stepped into the navy blue chariot, four night gaurds were positioned to carry her to the ponyville library. Surely twilight would find it a bit rude, having her just barge into her place uninvited, but this was truly urgent. "ONWARD" Luna commanded. The chariot lifted up into the air and soared of through the sky, Luna had forgotten to tell her sister she was leaving, but when she returned she would have all the time in the world to talk to her about why she had been gone.

___________________

The chariot landed with a clopping of hooves as they slowed it down on the fresh cut grass. The chariot came to a halt, and Luna was helped out by one of the lunar gaurds. Once Luna was situated and fully out of the chariot she signaled for her gaurds to leave. They new what time they were required to come back.

The giant castle doors handle lit up with a blue aura. Luna carefully knocked on the door, as not to crack the fragile Crystal.
The door automatically swung open practicly smashing against the wall on the inside of the castle. Infront of Luna stood a pale frizzy haired twilight, with dark purple bags under her eyes . The sight was almost a surprise to Luna, but after what she had seen the night before this came as normal to her. "L-Luna what- are you doing-here" she yawned between words.

Clearly she hadn't slept in days, as she looked like she might fall asleep right then and there.

Author's Note:

Keep in mind this is my first story on this website, and that I have not edited this as of yet. Please comment if you would like chapter 2, I'm not going to continue a seiries that people don't enjoy so I'm waiting for the feed back.

Comments ( 5 )

I really like the idea, but this definitely needs an editor to help clarify things a bit. I could help if you want me to. :pinkiesmile:

Thanks for the positive comment, yes I do realize I need to edit it quite a bit

6614299 if you could help me that would be amazing :3

6614406 How about if I PM you an edited version of a couple of paragraphs of this story? Then you could see what you think.

6614424 that sounds nice thank you very much! :)

Login or register to comment