• Published 24th Oct 2015
  • 168 Views, 0 Comments

The Life and Times of Twig - Maileo



Secrets secrets are no fun.

  • ...
 0
 168

Chapter 2

Being dragged against their will is usually something that ponies wouldn't take kindly to, but after 5 or so minutes of struggling and another 3 or so minutes of pleading, one may find it easier to simply accept their fate.

Staccato however, was no such pony.

Clutching his bag with his hooves and flapping his wings furiously, this enigma of an earth pony effortlessly managed to keep a firm grip on his tail. As the pink terror continued to drag Staccato down the winding dirt road leading to Ponyville, a large dust cloud announced their arrival much before his protests could.

As they approached the town, Staccato began to wonder why nobody came to his aid. Where were the officials? The Mayor? The Weather Patrol? In fact where was anyone at all? The streets seemed eerily quiet, the town itself feeling empty considering the amount of buildings surrounding them there didn't seem to be anyone in sight.

She mentioned a party but nobody's here...not going to be much of a party with just two of us will it?

Wait

It couldn't be

The entire town is gone. Shes way too excited to see me. the strength of this pony tells me she isn't just some random civilian.

Panic welled up in Staccato's chest as the implications of the unknown got the better of him.

What if this is a trap? What if she knows? How could she know I was coming unless she knew? What is she going to do to me?

WHY IS SHE SO STRONG

Staccato's thoughts were cut short when an excited voice sang out behind him.

"We're here!"

After a moment to gather himself, Staccato brought himself to turn around. What greeted him only brought up more questions.

What kind of sick person would create a house out of sweets. I knew this pony was up to something, this is definitely a trap but me knowing it's a trap already gives me the upper hand here. All I have to do is play along and wait for my chance to tu-

"Come on! Let's go inside, Stick!"

"Buh" was the most intelligent thing he could think to say as Pinkie began to open the door.

Staccato braced himself, his hooves tingling with the instinct to run at any moment, his pupils dilated as he struggled to see into the dark interior of this saccharine laced doorway. Sweat beaded down the roots of his jet black mane as saliva filled his mouth.

He noticed his lungs suddenly felt heavy and the leather pouch strung across his back seemed to double in weight. He moved forwards, slowly following Pinkie to his certain doom. Once he was inside the building, he flinched as the door shut behind him and the world around him exploded into a flurry of noise and light.

SUPRISE!

The lights turned on in tandem as a room full of color and faces greeted him. The distinct smell of frosted cupcakes and burning greeted his nostrils, causing his nose to wrinkle in confusion.

It was just a party after all.

or was it...

"Welcome to Ponyville Stick!" A familiar pink voice rang out. "I guess it wasn't much of a surprise since I told you about the surprise party before we even got here but you looked surprised anyways. You're such a good surprisee!"

A raspy voice found it's way to the forefront and said, "Uh, Pinkie, I don't think that's a word."

A round of laughter bounced throughout the interior of the building, the reverberations seemingly threatening to bring down the gingerbread roof above their heads.

Ponies seemingly materialized from every crevice in the building. A lanky orange stallion stood next to a heavyset blue mare, sheepish grins on their faces and...ashes?...on their aprons.

At least a dozen foals hopped out from behind the counter, their bright curious eyes finding his own before darting off to look towards a table full of confections.

The familiar sound of flapping wings reached his ears and as he looked up, Staccato noticed some pegasi flying up by the bleachers.

A purple unicorn with a small dragon on her back stood near the front of the crowd, her horn a glow as confetti and streamers fall from nowhere.

Staccato continued to scan the room in shock as he noticed some ponies cleaning what looked like cake batter out of their manes.

The whole town must be here, what do I even say? I don't know anyone here...

"Uh, Hi everyone my name's Staccato, Staccato Strings. It's nice to meet all of you but I really should be on my way."

As Staccato turned to leave, Pinkie blocked the way. Her mane had visibly deflated as if weighed down by something. "Aww come on Stick, I planned this party just for you, surely you could at least play a couple games before you go?"

I don't trust you

Stepping past his living obstacle, Staccato says, "Sorry Pinkie, I really need to get on." and headed out the door.

Author's Note:

I was going to a swim today when I suddenly remembered I had a story I was working on. This story will not take place in the current timeline of the show, now will it follow the canon.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment