• Published 10th Oct 2015
  • 3,083 Views, 26 Comments

A Relaxing Night - SuicidalAngel



Soarin and Rainbow spend some time together over dinner.

  • ...
2
 26
 3,083

Small Talk

It was a cold, dark night, like most winter nights in Equestria. Snow fell softly and gently onto the ground, making it glow as bright as the moon. It was hard to imagine ponies back then didn't appreciate the Luna's beautiful, peaceful nights.

Just a bit above though, there was a small diner, which was usually anything but empty. Tonight, however, the normally cheerful place was all alone. Except for a certain rainbow-maned mare.

Rainbow Dash wasn't one to be out alone, as she hated the idea of it. Yet, there she was, choosing what to order. She wasn't too hungry, but she wanted to stay there a while. She honestly didn't mind waiting as long as she could be out of her house.

"Miss?" A female voice echoed through her thoughts. Rainbow looked up to see a waitress standing in front of her.

"Yes..?" Dash replied, a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"I know this is the third time I've asked but...are you ready to order?" she asked with a fake smile. Rainbow looked back as if to roll her eyes.

"No, not yet. I'll tell ya' when I am," Dash answered. The waitress shot her a glare before going back to her pretend positivity.

"You do realize you've been here for almost an hour and you haven't even ordered a drink, right?" The waitress asked flatly.

Rainbow frowned. She was reconsidering her choice in location. "I'll have some hot cocoa," she replied quietly and turned away. The waitress frowned, but was relieved to finally have something down.

As she left, Rainbow picked up the menu again. Nothing caught her attention though, so she soon put it down and began to hum to herself quietly.

Her humming soon clashed with the sound of a small bell that came from the door. Being the loudest sound through the entire place, it caught everypony's attention, the employees and Dash, and forced them to look over.

A light blue stallion came from the other side of the door and took off his coat, draping it over his back. It was him...Soarin Skies. Immediately the waiters and waitresses still in the building went over to him and offered to assist him.

Through the corner of his eye though, he caugh a familiar pair of magenta ones staring back at him. He quickly thanked the employees who swarmed him and rushed to the brash pegasus.

"Fancy seeing you around here, Dash," he teased happily as he took the seat in front of her. She looked at him and smiled.

"Could say the same thing about you," she shot back, earning a chuckle from him.

"It fun to get away from stuff. Especially on winter nights, most peaceful time if the year and I still have to deal with paparazzi," he said in a slightly more serious, but still joking manner. "Now, I believe I asked you first?"

"And yet you answer before me," she joked. "Well, I'm just a little lonely at home with Tank still hibernating"

"Tank?" Soarin asked.

"He's my awesome pet tortoise, I'll introduce ya' some time," Dash answered happily.

"Can't wait," Soarin beamed at her. He stared into her eyes a bit before hearing someone clear their throat.

"S-sorry to interrupt but here's your cocoa M-miss," the waitress studdered upon seeing Soarin's slightly annoyed expression.

"Oh...uh. Thanks," Dash said softly as she was greeted by a hot beverage in front of her. She half smiled at Soarin and he looked in the direction of the waitress.

"Could I just get an apple pie?" he asked.

The waitress nervously looked around. "S-sorry sir, we don't provide apple pie....b-but you c-could get cherry pie."

"That'll do just fine," he said. "Thank you Miss..."

"Cranberry," she replied quietly.

"Thanks, Berry." Cranberry smiled and left them alone to go give the cooks their order.

"Well, somepony's quite a mares' stallion," Rainbow commented, a bit of anger in her tone. Soarin smiled.

"Nothin wrong with being nice, Dash," he added jokingly.

"Whatever...enjoy your pie, I'll see ya later," Dash said flatly and got up from her seat.

"Hey! Wait!" Soarin almost yelled. Dash turned around and raised an eyebrow. Did he want her to stay?

"Sit your rainbow tailed flank back in this booth, Skittles!", Soarin called again, this time he was trying as hard as he could to contain his laughter.

Rainbow snorted softly and flew over to him.

"You actually want me to stay?" she asked. Soarin nodded in agreement and patted the table side across from him, signaling her to sit.

"Alright...but NEVER call me Skittles again," she joked. Soarin smiled at her and looked into her eyes as she did to his.

"Soooo..." he said eventually.

"Soooo...how's training been going?" Rainbow asked.

"Great! I almost died today," he replied smiling.

Dash smirked and rolled her eyes.

"No but seriously, Wonderbolts training is tiring. Are you sure you're up for it?" he asked looking a bit worried.

"Training is the last of my worries in this endless trip... I just wanna know how long it'll be before I can fly with you.." Soarin's eyes widened.

"All of you, I mean..." she continued.

"O-oh right..."

Cranberry came back holding a hot tray. She lay it on the table softly and smiled at them. "Here's your cherry pie, you two enjoy and tell me if you need anything else."

"Thanks," Soarin replied and looked over at Dash. "You want some?"

"I'm good," Dash said smiling. "Go ahead and tear it up."

"What?" Soarin chuckled. "What do you-"

"Oh please, I saw you at the gala last year," Rainbow said trying to contain a snicker.

Soarin gasped dramatically. "Miss Dash, I, am greatly offended. I, am not wild dog!" he said in a voice that could compete with Harshwhinny. Rainbow snickered a bit more.

Soarin then grabbed a napkin and tied it around his neck. "Oh yes, etiquette," Rainbow said between laughs.

"Pshhh, yeah. It's like the fanciest life can be," he shot back. Rainbow laughed a bit more.

"Definitely, Sir," she agreed. Soarin's ears perked up

"Sir?" he asked. "Please, you don't have to call me 'Sir', my leige is good."

"Pffffft!" Rainbow continued. He stared as Rainbow laughed, her voice slightly cracking on every other point.

"Aww....your widdle waugh is adowable.." Soarin complimented softly, but Rainbow managed to hear anyway. Her eyes widened completely.

"What...?" she asked containing a small laugh."I hate my laugh, it's so weird." She was now laughing softly to herself.

"Well, it's the cutest thing I've ever heard," Soarin confirmed. Rainbow raised a brow at him
him.

"Listen buddy, call me whatever you want, but I am not cute!" Rainbow argued slightly pouting. Soarin chuckled a little and smiled at her.

"Rainbow, there's no pony here," he pointed out.

"I know, but that doesn't change anything. I'm the fastest most athletic pony in all of Equestria. Weather there's other ponies here or not."

"Dash, just because you're an athlete doesn't mean you can't be all cutesy wootsie," he said truthfully

"Well, do you think I'm cute?" Dash asked. Soarin's eyes widened.

"I...uhhhh..." he started, a bit nervously. "Well...I think you're..."

"Yes?" she asked in almost a teasing voice.

"You're pretty...umm...nice looking?"

"Oh...just...nice?" she asked a bit more serious.

"Ummmm...yes?"

"Uhhh, ok then..." she said softly. "So. How's your pie?"

"What? Oh yes my pie, it's great!" he answered nervously.

"That's good..."

"Yes it's..." he looked around until he caught himself in her eyes,"just what I needed."

Rainbow laughed softly and slowly. She looked back into his eyes and both stared for about a minute.

"I should get going...my place is a bit far from here," Rainbow said drifting away from his gaze. Soarin's ears slowly flattened.

"Oh. That's fine I'll see you later then?" he said giving her a soft smile.

"Maybe..." she smiled back.

He stared at her until she left. Then he looked back to where she was sitting.

"Just what I needed...."

Author's Note:

NEW ONE SHOT YO.

CUZ I DON'T DO THESE AT ALL. SO I THOUGHT I MIGHT DO ONE.

Fun Fact: this was originally gonna be out last Thursday but due to life business it's out today!!

Comments ( 26 )

You write the cutest one shots I swear

6513343 Amen to that!

That was adorable!!

Wait are there more chapters or na
WELL I DONT THINKS SO
BUT I HOPE SO
THAT MADE NO SENSE
LOL:pinkiehappy:

6513831 The story made no sense or the comment?

Hahaha:rainbowlaugh:
It was soooooooo cute :raritystarry::heart:

6513987 my comment duh
DA STORY IS AMAZING :pinkiehappy:

I loved this!:heart: This just proves SoarinDash is the best ship! :rainbowkiss:

Soaridash is best ship!

I love this story! :heart:

6513987
That was the most adorable thing!!!:rainbowkiss:
I know that it's supposed to be a one shot story,but can you pleaseeeeee continue it?:rainbowkiss::heart:

6518347 I would but, the way the story is set up, it wouldn't make much sense.

What do you mean 'just what i needed'? In the last part i dont get it

6521124 Rainbow Dash was what Soarin needed.

6519114 The story is set up to be about one night that Soarin and Dashie coincidentally bump into each other. It wouldn't make sense to have another chapter because Soarin and Rainbow already parted ways for the night and it wouldn't be right to just write about another time the unintendedly bumped into each other...
However Soarindash in my absolute favorite ship so you can expect more from them in the future. In fact, at the moment, I'm currently working on two Soarindash stories. They could take a bit longer though, since I've decided to take a small break but know that both already have over 600 words OuO

6521759
Oh,ok:twilightblush:
Sorry but I'm still sick,and have fever,so..Brain doesn't work to well:derpytongue2:

Also,you just made me super excited:pinkiehappy:

6521728 Ooh okay gotcha.:heart:
So at first I was like... what the...?! Is this some kind of open-ended ending? :rainbowhuh:
And then I tried to think of every possible reason why Soarin said 'Just what I needed.':unsuresweetie: The best reason I came up with was this: (Pls don't judge. I know I'm random:rainbowlaugh:)
-It's winter, which means the weather's cold.
- Soarin waited for RD to leave, then turned back at where she sat.
- Winter is cold. Soarin looked at RD's seat and said 'Just what I needed.' This means.....
Butt heat?!:twilightoops:
But then I was like: 'SuicidalAngel knows what she's writing. She couldn't be as dumb as me. I'll ask her later.'
And fortunately, your answer was not butt heat.:twilightblush:

6529975 To be honest that would have been waaay better :rainbowlaugh:

Awhhh :twilightsmile: your Soarindash stories are the best it's my favorite ship and you write them so well lol

"Sit your rainbow tailed flank back in this booth, Skittles!"

:rainbowlaugh:

6724665 I have a tendency to refer to Dash as Skittles :twilightsheepish::rainbowlaugh:

6735322 I have a tendency to refer to Twilight as bacon hair. We are kindred spirits :rainbowlaugh:

Login or register to comment