• Published 29th Sep 2015
  • 225 Views, 5 Comments

MEP (My Everlasting Pony) - KiirMute



As time passed, the hearts of those we loved corrupted. A new group of ponies came from another world and era to bring them from their darkness.

  • ...
 5
 225

Chapter 2: The Initial Fall of Soundry

As the night passed on, Soundry’s turn for guard duty came about. As morning was to break, a lone changeling was spotted by Soundry’s aerial post. Soundry flew down, tackling the changeling near the fire pit. Soundry then pressed his muzzle to the changeling’s and spoke. “You look delicious young fool. How would you like to be my next meal?”

The look on the changeling’s face was that of terror. The changeling struggled and let out a cry, but before it could be known, Soundry stomped the changeling’s throat nearly silencing the changeling. Soundry then threw the changeling up into the air as he himself began flight. In the silence of the morning, Soundry had fun bashing the beaten changeling before kicking him into the direction of the tent.

“Oops…” Soundry said as the changeling crashed through the flap of the tent.

Startled by the changeling landing in the tent, Trix and Mario jumped up preparing to react to the creature. The creature lay dead in the tent. Soundry flew in and landed near the corpse and looked at Trix. He then smirked before dragging the corpse out of the tent. Time went by before the hacking noises outside ended and Soundry walked back in.

“What’s going on? The great and powerful Trix demands to know!” Trix demanded.

“I got rid of the pest that found us.” Soundry scoffs. “It’s your turn to keep watch again.”

Trix was then pushed out of the tent before she could respond to him again.

Mario then cast a spell on Soundry to detect his moral compass. It was as he suspected, Soundry was evil, but he owed his life to Soundry for saving him. Even though his vows as a Paladin command him to take action against Soundry, he couldn’t kill the stallion that saved his life. Before they had come through the mirror, Soundry had been found by Mario. Mario tended to the Stallion’s wounds and had defended him from the rugged pursuer’s. Soundry had disclosed to Mario that he was unrightfully placed in an insane asylum and needed help escaping from the country he was in. Soundry’s words rung to Mario’s heart as if a spell was cast on him, persuading him of Soundry’s innocence and purity. Mario had then told Soundry of his order, The Dawn of the New Moon. He told Soundry that he would allow Soundry to join him on his quest if he could be of use. Soundry explained to him that he was great at flying being a pony with wings, he could scout for him. Mario agreed and allowed Soundry to join him. He didn’t cast his detection spell at the time, because he believed Soundry without any doubt.

Trix walks in and wakes the two stallions from their sleep. They all get ready for their travels and leave towards Manehatten. Along the way, they find themselves near train tracks with soft set of hoof steps coming from in front of them. In the distance they could see an Earth pony and two Pegasus ponies pulling carts of items. The closer they got the more they seemed to be traveling merchants. Soundry flies over to the ponies, upside down mind you, and stares at the earth pony. Soundry had this unsettling smirk on his face, but the pony was unfazed by it, at least at first.

“Hello fellow ponies, I am sorry for my peon there. Are you merchants?” Trix asks.

“He is a bit disturbing, but yes we are. What are you looking for? A wand of fireballs, a healing staff, or even food?” The earth pony says.

“The wand would be nice.” Trix says.

“Great choice. How would you like to do the transaction? Coin or trade?” The earth pony asks.

“Trade, I don’t have much coin on me.” Trix pulls a few things out of pocket, but the stallion just shakes his head.

“You don’t seem to have anything I want…” The earth pony began saying before Soundry pulled out the orb he found on the changeling back in the outskirts of the Crystal Empire. “My word, you have one of the brewing orbs? I would gladly accept the trade.” Soundry hoofs over the orb and grabs the wand. “Thank you my good fellow.”

“No big deal. I brew my on teas and coffee. I didn’t need that orb.” Soundry says before walking over to Trix. “This is so you are not useless when we run into combat.” Soundry is nearly muzzle to muzzle with Trix. If she could see through Soundry’s tented goggles, she would see a menacing stare directed towards her. “Don’t betray my trust in you, ok? I would hate to have to kill you over it.” Soundry walks back over to the Earth pony and shakes hoofs with him. “Nice meeting you. Bye.” The group then trots off along the railway.
Days have passed and the group arrives at a mountain with the railway carving into it. The cave that the railway leads to looks near collapsible. Soundry flies off towards the cave, while the other two walk far behind him. He explores the cave to find a massive crevice blocking any ground advancement. Before long, the other two arrived and Soundry said he would fly each one of them across, but then three dogs show up on the other side of the crevice. One slung something at Soundry, knocking Soundry into the fracture. The other two readied for battle and Trix pulled the wand out firing off a fireball from it, but as she did, Soundry had flown up. The fireball struck Soundry, sending him to the other side of the crevice. She fired off another knocking the three dogs into the crevice. After half a minute of silence, the group heard the splat of the dogs.
Mario threw a chain with a metal spike in it at the other side, landing it firmly into the ground near Soundry. Securing it with another spike on this side, Mario walked over to Soundry. “I wish I had magic I could use, I would heal you.”
Trix walked up to Soundry and kicked him. “We should throw him into the Crevice and be done with this fool.”
“How could you speak that way? This stallion has saved both of us. Me twice.” Mario stated.
“How? He’s a loony! He is better off dead!” Trix yelled, but Mario stared at her intensely. “Fine, but I don’t know how we are going to help him.”
At that time a small bunny peeked its head around the corner staring at the party. It as a pouch on it and in the pouch was a visible red potion. It pulled it out and rolled it over towards Soundry and hopped off.
“I guess that will work.” Trix says as Mario pours the vials contents into Soundry’s mouth.
Before long, Soundry was up and flying again. “Thank you, my friend.” Soundry said to the Paladin.
The group then continued on their way to Manehatten. They were stopped at massive gates to the City and two earth ponies, in fancy armor, standing guard.
“May I enter?” Soundry asked, but he received no response.
Before long, a pony on the tops of the gate looked down and spoke. “What is your business here Pegasus?”
“I am looking for work. You see I am a delivery pony and I have come to this prosperous city for work.” Soundry stated to the guard.
“We do not need any of your talents in this city.”
“I can also do other things. I can brew coffee, tea, and potions. I can do many things.”
“All we need are workers that would do cheap fabric related jobs for Queen Rarity. Do you have any experience with fabrics?” The Guard asks with a smirk on his face, as if he knew Soundry couldn’t work fabrics.
Soundry had no idea how to work with fabrics, but he decided to lie and say he knew how to. It was for the good of the cause that the paladin is working for. “Yes I do.”
Like magic, the guard believed Soundry’s words and opened the gate.
“I also need my assistant to help me.” Soundry said pointing to Mario. Soundry at that time noticed Trix was not with them.
As if he were still under a spell he agreed to allow Mario in as well.
With Soundry’s entrance into the city, who knows what will befall him or the group. He disappeared from Mario’s sight, but Trix was right next to Mario now.
“See he flew off and left us. We should have plunged him into the gorge.” Trix exclaimed.
Soundry was flying about for a little time and visited a very fancy looking area. An Ivory palace towered over this district. “Looks like a good place to find some information and some coin.” Soundry flew down to where a guard stood at the gate. “Hello my good fellow. I wish to enter this area to receive employment at this establishment. The guard remained quiet. “May I enter sir?” He did not speak. “Sir?” Silence still filled the air. “Fine I will go in from above.” Soundry flew up and attempted to fly in from the top, but as he tried, it seemed that he hit an invisible wall. Soundry flew right back to the guard. “Fine, you got your way, douche.”
Soundry flew off and continue scouting the city. Before long, Soundry had memorized the layout of the city. A short time after that, Soundry spotted Mario and Trix, he decided to go and follow them. The group then entered an inn somewhere in the moderate looking area in the city. The group found the keeper of the inn and requested rooms. They each got their own room and removed themselves from each other’s presence.
In the dead of night, Soundry was awoken from loud knocks at the door. He trotted over to the door and asked who it was, but no one answered. He pull his rapier out and cracked the door, upon seeing a guard, he placed his weapon down and fully opening the door. “May I help you?”
“We need to speak with you.” The guard furthest in the back said.
Soundry has a keen sense to magic and can tell when magic is near him. He can determine if a detection magic is being casted on him. All ponies have a sense of magic, but these guards don’t. Soundry is no ordinary winged pony; he is a moon pony with a few tricks up his sleeves. He doesn’t seem like a moon pony do to his feathered wings instead of the dragon kin wings, but this mishap helps him in his disguise. Soundry could only assume that these guards, besides the one that talked, are mechanical, but he retracts his assumption remembering that even mechanical things have magic auras, due to the fact that is how they work, by using magic.

“Ok, but I have a question.” Soundry said. “Why 90 percent of the guards in this town fake ponies?”

“Your question has no bases. Follow me. The guard says.

Time passes before Soundry arrives at the guard barracks in the regal district, pass the ivory palace gates. “So…” Soundry began saying.

“Listen here puny Pegasus. You stay away from the regal district and never come back. You got it?! We don’t want you anywhere near here.”

“Then why did you drag me here.”

“Get out and never come back!”

Something sparked in Soundry then, as he began to leave. A twitch began and a creepy smile formed. “Ok.”

The morning come to a flourishing start. Soundry awoke in his bed and looked out the window to see a large banner with Rarity’s face on it saying, ‘Be Fabulous or Else’. His mind raced as he was thinking on how he can screw over the lives of the people in this town, but then he wondered why he was wanting to do that. It then occurred to him. ‘Others betrayed me. They don’t give a damn about me. Those ponies out there mean to bring harm to me and I cannot take it. I can only trust my friends and those who seem trustworthy, but I wouldn’t know what to do if someone were to break that trust. I will probably kill them. Yeah that seems right. Maybe eat them too. Yes. This seems the best course. This is how I will react. I will threaten my way through what I don’t like. I kind of sort of already do, but I will do it in a more ferocious manner. I just need my friends by my side that is all I need. Wait, but what if my mischievous…. Never mind. I should start my day off by burning that banner. I should get Trix to turn me invisible while I do this. I have the perfect cloak to give her if she agrees. I bought it last night at the tailor shop I stumbled upon on my way back to the inn. The old one there was really nice to me. I should consider him in the trust circle….’

Soundry went to Trix’s room and knocked. “Who is it?” Her voice sounded from the room.

“Red Mage, I have a deal for you.”

“Ok, I’ll be out in a minute.” She said. Thirty minutes pass before she walked out of the room. “What?”

Soundry pulled out this blue, lavish coat. “Turn me invisible once. Follow me and when I say, VWOOSH, turn me invisible. This will be yours.”

Her eyes lit up. “Ok.”

She followed him to an alley across the street to where he was at an angle that he could see the banner. A woman kept watching them and Soundry just waited until she walked away. She walked over to a guard. From Soundry’s hoof, an orange spark flew at the banner and he said. “VWOOSH.” In an instant, he was gone.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment