• Published 23rd Sep 2015
  • 316 Views, 0 Comments

The Book of Artemis - Toa Coy



This takes place between Quest for he Masks and Beware the Swarm. What took place during a three month time skip? Why are ponies avoiding Artemis? And why is there a crazy cult wishing to do her bidding?

  • ...
 0
 316

Progression is Relative

The Book of Artemis
Side Story of My Little Bionicle
By
Toa Coy

And so this is how this chapter in this story ends, not with a smile, not with laughter, but with the county falling to this.

~Toa Coy~

Chapter Five: Progression is Relative

Artemis was face down in the dirt as the sound of magical beams destroying the area from the giant monster known as Terik. The monster only came into town that morning, a morning that she wanted to finally tell that pony that she had shared a body with that he had captured her heart by just being there for her and being his naive self. Slowly her life passed in front of her eyes; her time watching from inside of her mother to the time she consumed her to form Nightmare Moon, the battles she fought and the blood she spilled, her defeat and imprisonment to the return and purification, she also saw the creature that her mother wish to give herself never ending nightmares. But due to Artemis’s slowly forming empathy and regressing want for revenge, she absorbed the creature and gained its power while also doing what her mother wanted. Then things sped up until the last month. That recent past was so happy that for just a moment she let herself slip and lost awareness while reliving that month.

----

It was a few days after Artemis, Sweetie, and Babs came back from Manehattan the fillies had stopped by Carousel Boutique to help Sweetie and Cookie on one of the more manageable orders. Something caused a spark and Babs began to work on the part she had chosen like something clicked in her. After making the pattern to the flat size then when she began to cut it out a light appeared on her flank in the shape of scissors with an apple handle design. Applebloom, Sweetie, and Scootaloo where cheering for their friend, but Artemis had to wonder if this was a sign they were just new vestals of the elements of harmony.

That night she could not sleep and Luna had been absent as Icarax’s forces still threatened the Crystal Empire. The alicorn also noticed Spike trying to hide some fear behind his standard attitude, when she asked him about he replied with he would tell her latter as he work to do. When she asked what work, he replied royal work and grumbled about how confusing this all got in just a short time before walking off.

Goldrax had been taking up most of her non-friend and schooling time, walking around the town with the hidden shadow Toa as his matoran form. Many things that amazed him was things Artemis never truly thought of, like when they passed by the park and a mother was feeding a newborn foal. The thousands of years old stallion had not really understood what the young foal was or why it was like that, not too seemed to forward Artemis explain how Equestrians did not live that long compared to both of them. How every few years when ponies become adults they find someone that loves them and make new ponies that are around that size. Part of what said alicorn did not explain was that sometimes it is not love that is at the core of some new ponies’ creation but the poor dear had been run like a machine for so long that every time a door opens he shakes.

Just thinking of him gets her hot and bothered, but it was still in the early stages. Sure the did share a body for a bit, and they had been living in the same house but she knew it was not too early to go full throttle on the whole love and marriage thing. What also interested her as well was Goldrax learning from Mata Nui, which she asked about it Goldrax said it was to show his light and shadow. It was not to choose between them but to make it a balance between them and work as one.

A few days after that walk elections for school president and it was the little pony called Pip backed by the CMC and against Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. Artemis could see that Pip had victory from the moment the brat threw her hat in. After the landslide victory for the little colt, the look said brat had on her face did make her feel sorry for normally aggressive and stuck up pony but the alicorn just shook her head and headed home for the day. It was only her and Goldrax as it seem the CMC were not there and the pair was going over the homework that Artemis chose not to do while in class as a way to help the displaced shadow Toa have a more wider view outside of the void and pain being under the order.

It was also that day that Spike came to the colt and filly and explained what he had been doing and how it was tearing him up knowing that he had to keep information away from the CMC and the other family members of his friends. But before The dragon could reveal what his friends had said to him a loud thudding was heard before the door was knocked open with the CMC with cutiemarks on their flanks. They explained how it happened at the same time and wished that their sisters could have been there for them. Spike wanted to speak there and then but the more he heard the tighter his fists got and the more he shook. Until he broke down and cried as he handed the letters to them. That was a rough night, Artemis could not recall a night full of joy and tears. Joy for them all knowing what their loved ones where up to, but the tears started when rainbow’s capture. In the end the four fillies, dragon and shadow toa had more than a few hugs and being supported but night had come and it was time to go home.

It took a week or so for them all to come to terms of what the letters said. It was then the following week was the one with these hooded ponies saying that they were there to free Nightmare Moon from her brain washing. First Artemis just slammed the door in the pony’s face saying that they need to move on and let that devil be. Second attempt of theirs was on her walk with Goldrax to Sugarcube Corner, this time it was like five and tried to fight Goldrax saying that he was an agent of Luna repressing the mighty alicorn that was Nightmare Moon. When they ran at the pair Artemis used her shadow powers to trap their shadows and Goldrax made a shadow wing and smacked them into the forest before the pair kept on walking. And more or less this was Artemis’s day until her mother called her for a meeting in Canterlot, she moved about her day using shadow powers to move but not harm the hooded ponies. Any attempts of them trying to foalknap her where foiled, and when she made it to Canterlot she was going to bring it up with her mother, aunt, and cousin. However instead of little chats or war talks, it was very serious even when war came they were not this steely. It was when her aunt told them that Terik had been on the loose with Icarax helping him. It was now that Artemis had shot down the idea of the other three alicorns giving her their magic.

She would rather fight alongside them then just be a scared little foal fighting to control so much power. No she was willing to fight, well that was going to bite her in the flank. Terik came upon the capital like an uncontrolled storm, every guard that came at the pair were either trapped and drained of magic. The royals had evacuated the city, but that left the four alicorns alone once Terik and Icarax had the last of guards fall. Artemis was teleported by Luna back to Ponyville, and left the alicorn wanting to fly back to the castle but the moment she started to head that way the beams of magic could be seen.

“Artemis?”

She had to warn the others, she had to do something and not just be a pony that may have doom everyone for not wanting to take the power from the other alicorns. Artemis did the best she could, the beams coming from the castle helped her point. By the time she could no longer see beams of magic from the castle most of the town had began to go to the bunker. In the back of her mind the shadow user knew that it was just wall in the way of a tidal wave, but now was the time she had to take a stand. Just her against Icarax and a powered up Terik. She had not seen her friends, which she was thankful for.

“Come on Artemis wake up!”

It was not what she would call a fight, her shadows had bested Terik in making so he could not move. That was until Icarax made all of those shades, tall bipedal shades in light, black armor with spikes coming off their forearms, blue eyes hidden behind a gunmetal plate with a crimson scarf around their necks, the silver insignia was on their backs like a symbol of clan. They overwhelmed the alicorn enough for Terik to drain her of her magic. Weakness filled her and she recalled the month leading up to this.

----

Spike dragged Artemis as gently as possible, Terik and Icarax where mainly just looking for more ponies. Spike was heading to the Castle of the Two Sisters while getting the knocked out alicorn there were the rest of the other new element welders and Goldrax held up when Terik and Icarax came into attack the town. The bunker had been improved but Spike and the rest knew that is the prime target for Terik and Icarax.

Ever since the plunder seeds the Everfree was much quieter, which explains why it was safer to travel here. By the time Spike got the alicorn to the bridge just outside of the castle ruins she began to wake up. The dragon noticed and softly set her down.

“Artemis?” Spike said shaking the alicorn gently. “Come on Artemis wake up!”

The filly began to open her eyes, Spike noticed there was a glaze over her teal eyes. Spike could not speak while looking the alicorn dead in the eyes, while Artemis looked at him with concern and worried about how he kept moving his eyes out of her line of sight.

“How long was I out?” Artemis asked buckling when she tried to get up. “What happen to Terik and Icarax?”

“Not sure of the time,” Spike said getting to her side and wrapped an arm around her shoulder. “Put your wing around me. We need to get to the others, maybe there is some magic knowledge in the castle that might help with getting the Tree of Harmony to help.”

Getting her hooves under her once again Artemis began to stand up and lend on Spike as they began to walk to the Castle. They headed to the library to find the CMC, Goldrax, Owlowiscious, and Dusk searching the books. The ponies would be flipping pages while the shade and owl would fetch books. Spike moved to help them while Artemis began to rake her brain for anything that her mother might have seen so long ago.

It was then that a memory came to her, or what will come, as it was related to Starswirl the Bearded.

----

“I wonder how it all works?” Luna said looking at the Elements of Harmony.

“What do you mean Lulu?” Celestia asked looking down to her little sister.

“Why did the tree make those gems?” Luna asked turning to her sister. “Are they seeds? Are they fruit? Do they store energy for the tree?”

“A very good question Princess.” The Bearded stallion said moving between the alicorns. “Maybe they were made as a prevention against something in the future. I do wonder what would happen if somepony had to make a new set of elements if these were lost or elsewhere.”

“What have you seen to bring this up? Celestia asked her mentor and friend that traveled in time.

“I have told you many times, even with me being there makes what I have seen unreliable.” Starswirl stated shaking his head. “Some ponies see time as a river, but it is also a tree. One event has numerous outcomes and leads to different times and places.”

“But you could inform us so we know what to do when the time comes.” Celestia begged. “To save those that might be lost otherwise.”

“No.” Starswirl said before turning to Luna. “When the time comes know that is the act of showing what the shadows hide only your true self will save you.”

With that the stallion left the sisters confused and somewhat frustrated.

----

Artemis began to think about this memory, if the stallion was talking to her or knew she would see this. It was hard to say as far as she knew the stallion was in the ground long ago, but who knows for sure. But the old words spoke the answer that she was looking for, but it was one she had to do and deal with the ripples after every pony is safe.

“I think I know what to do.” The alicorn said with a shaky but strong voice. “We must go to the Tree of Harmony and reflect on our true selves. Only then it might help us.

“Well we aint got nothin’ else to go on so I’m up for it.” Applebloom said defeated, not from the idea but from how powerless she felt. From what she could see the others felt the same.

Down to the tree the group moved, eyes always looking for the monsters that Icarax made and Terik’s giant form. Shadow powers were not an option as Icarax could use that to stop them, and magic was out so that Terik would not notice them. Once to the tree the six new element bearers formed a hexagon in front of the tree. One by one, the fillies, dragon, and alicorn closed their eyes and sat on the ground looking to themselves. Magic began to form around the six while Goldrax, Dusk, and Owlowiscious looked on in awe of this. While it was only smaller changes for the CMC and Spike, Artemis began to change much more. Her eyes changed from normal pony to her original Nightmare Moon’s, as well as her mane and tail began to grow taking on the look of a starry night. As they floated up a beam of white light filled the cave leaving only those that were not floating, all the while the new elements began to pulse.

----

Terik was rampaging and destroying the town looking for the ponies that should be there outside of that weak alicorn that was not much of a snack. Icarax was using his Shades to turn the town upside down for it, now they have found the hidden bunker where these scared ponies shake in fear. Their defenders were easy to take down. Really how could such a weak species ever get to this, they are nothing but creatures to be subjegated and used for the entertainment of those above them.

If he wanted to he would laugh in triumph but he would only do this when the whole of this country under his hooves and Icarax either by his side or as a servant. However that dream will be unfulfilled, a bright light so intense that all the Shades were destroyed as well as blinding Icarax and caused Terik to shield his eyes. Within this light the CMC, Spike, and Artemis had gain magical highlights on their bodies; ethical wings on Spike, larger magical wings on Scootaloo, heavy magical boots on Babs and Applebloom, a large gathering of magic on Sweetie Belle’s horn, Artemis now looked like her original form only with her eyes a blaze.

There was no speeches, no battle, and no mercy. The light began to envelop Terik and took the stolen magic from his body until he was his weak old man form. Said form was thrown on the ground as the magic from him was shot in the sky and tried to return to the original owner, most did not and randomly scattered into the wind. While still powered up Artemis spoke her voice sounding like the monster her form once was.

“Terik,” Artemis spoke as the rest were drained from that much magical energy at once. “I saw you send my mother to Tartarus along with my cousin and aunt. I think it is only fitting that I send you back while they return.”

With her alicorn magic she opened a gate to Tartarus and threw the centar into it the opening, as the male fell in the three alicorns flew out. With her eyes down downcast Artemis began to walk to the still blinded Icarax only for her mother to step in front of her.

“Artemis, why have you taken this form?” Luna asked the transformed filly, her eyes telling of the fear and sadness seeing the monster she once was and knowing Artemis hated it as well. “And what are you planning by going near that vial being?”

“To do what I know is evil but also good,” Artemis replied her tone firm but sadness and self-hate evident on her breath. “One of the things that Nuian class as an act worst than murder.”

The moment Artemis said that her magic formed around Icarax, lifted him up into the air, and Icarax began to scream as an object began to come out of his back. Soon that item was free of the pegasus that once owned it, the magic around Icarax faded and only the mask of scavenging remained in the magical field. With only a thought the mask began to heat up and turn into a liquid before it became so hot that it turned into a gas. It was at that point that Artemis let the gas go and leave Icarax nothing but a mortal, that mask gave him immortality and was an ampe for his powers. This done the half-breed began to return to her filly self as she began to fall to the ground.

Luna caught her child as she fell, craddling her close to her. The blue spoke no words as she watch the monster’s form turn back to the child she had only met months ago. The other alicorns came to the pair, worry heavy on their faces.

“Is she alright Luna?” Celestia asked looking at one of the few ponies that just saved Equestia. “After what I saw along what she and the others did I would knight them if not for their age.”

“I don’t know.” Luna said as Cadance began to look over the CMC and Spike. “All I know is I must be with her until she is ready to talk about it.” Luna then moved her eyes from the nearly normal Artemis. “Celly can you handle the moon for a while, I think I might want to actually be motherly for a time.”

“I understand, Lulu. Take as much as you like.” Celestia replied her own motherly tone.

“Trust me I know when to have a loving moment but we might want to get all of them to a hospital after that much magic.” Cadance chimed in. “And get that other pony restrained before anything else come and causes trouble.”

Just then Dusk, Goldrax, and Owlowiscious got to the scene of the action. And at that moment he was kicking himself because beyond a passing and death stare from Luna the Toa of light and shadow had not met the other two alicorns of Artemis’s family, now both looked at him ready for battle.

“Let him be.” Luna said looking between Goldrax and Artemis. “He is not with Icarax.”

“How are you sure of that sister? We only just got back and we know of the last time something like this happened.” Celestia replied eyes neared at the black, gray, and gold armored stallion.

“Please,” Goldrax pleaded not only bowing but going flat on his stomach. “I just came to help my friends.”

There was a quite stand off for Celestia and Goldrax as he did not move, Cadance just shook her head at her aunt.

“He has too much love for Artemis to do anything because of his worry for her we just need to go.” The pink alicorn said off handed as she charged a teleportation spell for them.

“Wait what-” Luna said as the gears clicked in her head as they teleported to the Ponyville hospital.

Author's Note:

and that ends it, I know it is not the best story but something I would not like to cram into Beware the Swarm. I hope you enjoyed and had fun.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment