• Published 25th Sep 2015
  • 2,867 Views, 200 Comments

Angry Bird - Thadius0



When the world changes and you miss a day, but wake up with extra limbs, you tend to be a bit peeved. Well, moreso than usual. Doesn't help that I have...anger issues. Or a prescription. Or no way to fill it anymore.

  • ...
19
 200
 2,867

PreviousChapters Next
June 16th - 19 pills left

Well, today was...interesting. Apparently, Yvonne is a Jedi.

I doubt it.

Did you see what she did to move things? It may have been glowy, sparkly, and colorful, but she still moved her dishes with her mind this morning.

Yes, and afterwards she looked shocked that she'd done it to begin with. A Jedi would have known what they were doing, if there were such things on Earth, and not been surprised by their own powers.

...Fine, I concede that point. She still has new powers that she should figure out.

On that point, I agree, but maybe we should wait until the whole 'I am now a different species' shock wears off a little more? I can't imagine she'll be eager to learn whatever this is while she's still thinking with hands.

Yeah, fair enough. So aside from that shock this morning, today was fairly productive. We managed to hit up Wal-Mart for some kitchen stuff, find a few apartments where there were still supplies to raid, and had a run-in with a dog. He either knew better or remembered us, because he booked it when he saw who we were.

I feel bad for them, you know. Maybe there's a way to...not have to be at odds with the dogs anymore?

What do you want me to do, leave out kibble for all the dogs of the city? We'd run out quickly.

I know, but still...

Either the dogs will move on or die off. Whatever happens, they won't be a problem for us anymore. I won't let that happen.

I know that too. So how about that gliding?

Oh yeah, you finally managed that. So how'd it feel?

...I think if I had to sum it up, exhilarating would be the word I would use. The freedom of nothing but air around you as you drifted downwards through it...It's not long until we start flying, I don't think. It should be just as simple as flapping in the middle of the glide.

Flapping's easy. It's the landing I'm concerned with. I've already been laid up once. I'd like to not repeat the experience.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Well, let's find a small building to use for practice then. We don't need to go jumping off any skyscrapers.

We can look tomorrow. I'm sleepy now.

Fair enough. Tomorrow your stitches are coming out.

Fun...

PreviousChapters Next