• Published 25th Sep 2015
  • 2,859 Views, 200 Comments

Angry Bird - Thadius0



When the world changes and you miss a day, but wake up with extra limbs, you tend to be a bit peeved. Well, moreso than usual. Doesn't help that I have...anger issues. Or a prescription. Or no way to fill it anymore.

  • ...
19
 200
 2,859

PreviousChapters Next
July 11th - Weird signs

So uh. Dom and I found...something, when we made our usual water run.

It looks like one of your Hollywood-inspired summoning circles, or what have you.

Yeah, I agree with you. There was definitely a set of symbols around the interior edge of the circle, along with one in the center. I don't know how it got there. It wasn't there the last time I hit up that reservoir for water. And based on the fact that it hadn't...washed away or anything yet, I'd say it's recent.

There must be someone else in the city who caused it. The questions remain as to how and why, though.

Yeah, no kidding. Yvonne says that weird signal is still active. Apparently the weirdest part is that it's not saying anything, but just making beeping noises. Which of course reminds me of that drone...

Drone?

We had a run-in with a mechanical shooty robot.

Ah. I see. I put the blame on you Americans for making them in the first place.

Yeah, I accept that blame. Anyways. I have a plan.

Go on.

Tomorrow, you, Yvonne, and I, we'll go out cruising in the Tesla. We'll see if we can't pinpoint a source for that weird signal.

Are you certain about taking me along as well? You know my presence...unnerves the others.

Look, it's either taking you with, or leaving you behind. In either case, you're going to be around someone who may not like your presence. I figured that if you were around me, you'd at least be around one person who doesn't mind what you look like. I mean for chrissake, I'm half-lion, half-eagle. I am in no position to judge you. Especially considering you didn't ask for this.

...You make a compelling argument, my avian friend. Very well, I shall go with you.

Good. Now, another thing I want to talk to you about. Don't think I haven't noticed that you haven't eaten a single thing.

...I simply am not hungry. I do not know why. But I am not. Maybe this form I am in does not need to eat as much?

...You know, I would call bullshit, but I don't think I know enough about you to say that for certain. Will you at least try to eat something in the morning? I worry about everyone. You included. You may be the newest addition to our little group, but you used to be human, same as us.

Your concern is touching. Very well. I will try to eat something in the morning.

Thanks. Okay, tomorrow we signal hunt. Maybe we'll get lucky. Who knows.

PreviousChapters Next