• Published 7th Sep 2015
  • 678 Views, 4 Comments

Spike's Confession - Hyper_Flash



After a year of living in Ponyville Spike decides to tell Rarity his true feelings.

  • ...
3
 4
 678

Spike's Confession

Spike’s Confession

Spike paced back and forth across the castle floor, pondering on what to do. “You have to be brave,” Spike thought to himself. “No more being scared… I’m going to tell Rarity how I feel about her tonight!”

Spike’s thoughts were interrupted by the sudden call from Twilight. “Spike! Can you come here please?”

“Yeah! I’ll be right there!” Spike rushed to the throne room from which he had heard Twilight’s voice resonating.

“Yes Twilight?” Spike asked, rocking his feet back and forth.

“Hey Spike, I was wondering if you could do something for me tonight.”

“Tonight?” he shouted. “You mean tonight? Tonight?”

“Yes Spike, tonight. Is that a problem?” Twilight asked.

“Well, um, Twilight… I was hoping to have the night off tonight. There, um, there’s something that I’ve been wanting to do,” Spike mumbled.

“Oh…hm. I suppose you can have the night off. You have been working very hard lately, Spike, and a night to relax might do you some good!”

“Thanks, Twi!” Spike said as he ran up and hugged her.

“No problem Spike just be sure to be back here and in bed by twelve you still need your sleep.”

“Can do Twi!” Spike said as he excitedly ran out the door.
Spike immediately started heading for the boutique, but stopped himself before he made it to the door. “I should go get something for Rarity to set the mood…. Maybe some flowers!” Spike ran over to a small patch of roses in a dirt path and picked them. “These should do!” He than continued his journey to the boutique. Finally after what seemed like a eternity he reached Rarity’s doorstep. Spike knocked on the door and then took a deep breath. “Here we go Spike…” he thought to himself. After about a minute of waiting the door to the boutique opened and there stood Rarity, the pony of Spike’s dreams.

“Oh hello Spike!” she said. “What brings you here at this time of night?”

“Oh well um… Rarity I was hoping I could talk to you..” Spike nervously mumbled.

“Oh, of course dear! I’m always here for you spike do come in darling.” she said as she ushered spike inside the boutique. The boutique interior was elegant as always with some of Rarity’s newest designs on the mannequins.

“What was it you needed to talk to me about Spike?” she asked.

“Umm uhhh well…….” Spikes mind then seemed to shut dow. He panicked and thrust the flowers in front of his face.

“Oh are those for me Spikey? Thats very sweet thank you! I’ll put them in a vase right away!” She used her magic to pick up the flowers and put them in a vase near the door to the boutique. Spike finally snapped out of his trance and began speaking.

“Rarity… I’ve been wanting to admit something to you for a while now.” he spoke in a hushed voice. “I love you….Rarity.”

“Well I love you too darling.” Rarity spoke with a smile . Spike was surprised.

“Really?! Will you go on a date with me then?!” he said with his face full of enthusiasm. After hearing these words Rarity’s smile disappeared.

“Wait… what kind of love do you mean dear?”

“I mean romantic love!” Spike said sounding hopeful.

“Oh dear….” Rarity now had a frown on her face. She seemed to be lost in thought. She pondered ways on how to do this as delicately as possible, as to not shatter spike’s young heart. “Spike could you come sit over here with me for a moment?” Rarity said gesturing to a couch near the edge of the boutique.

“Of course i don't mind.” he walked over to the couch and sat himself down.

“Listen Spike….” Rarity said as she sat beside him. “We have known each other for a long while now… And you are very near and dear to my heart Spikey-Wikey…You have helped me so much and have showed me how kind and sweet ponies and dragons can really be. However, Spike and I hope i don't hurt you by saying this, but I am not romantically attracted to you. I love you my little spiky-wikey but more as a very sweet, and charming little brother.” Spike sat in silence, he could feel a tiny bit of his heart crack.

“I am a fool…” he thought to himself. “How could I ever believe a beautiful pony like Rarity could love a small, weak, dragon like me…” Spike tried desperately to restrain his emotions but eventually a tear escaped his eye, and then the waterworks began. Rarity had already been concerned for Spike after telling him how she felt ,but now she felt terrible. She tried to think of what to do, but her mind drew almost a blank. She decided to act on impulse and wrapped her hooves around the young dragon and hugged him.

“Shh don’t cry darling…. It’ll be ok, just because I don't like you that way does not mean that none in the future will. Chances are I’m your first love Spikey, and I know it hurts that I didn't share the same emotions you felt for me. But Spike their will come a day when you meet the mare of your dreams and she will be perfect in every way for you, and of course me and the girls will be there to support you every step of the way because we love you Spike. All of us love you and we want to see you happy.” Spike was still sobbing ,but the cries slowed. Eventually he pushed his way out of Rarity’s arms.

“Rarity..?” he asked with tears still in his eyes.

“Yes, Spikey-wikey?’ she replied.

“Will I really find the mare of my dreams one day?”

“Of course darling.” she said. He hopped off the couch

“And you’ll help me find that mare right?” he asked.

“Of course I will” she smiled gently. She leaned down to spike and kissed him on the cheek. “And she will be even more beautiful then me.”

Author's Note:

I have not written a fan fiction in a long time. So constructive criticism is welcome. :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 4 )

I'd have to see a real story before you can be judged. Something just above the word limit isn't really a story is it?

Spike has finally worked up the courage to tell Rarity how he really feels, but will she feel the some way?

I like it! It had many grammar errors and the pacing was a little off, but it was super cute! :twilightsmile: :heart:

Login or register to comment