• Published 8th Aug 2015
  • 2,986 Views, 146 Comments

The Tale of the Second Alpha - Bergen



Equestria, the vast land ruled by ponies. But this was not always the case. Long before the rule of the princesses Equestria was ruled by dragons the leader which was the Alpha. This is the tale of the Second Alpha.

  • ...
15
 146
 2,986

PreviousChapters Next
The Black Husky (Equestria Girls)

Twilight stood in front the wooden door that led into principal Celestia's office and took a deep breath. "You ready, Spike?" Twilight asked the purple dog that was hiding out in her backpack, there being a small opening so that he could breathe.

"I'm as ready as I'll ever be." Spike said to Twilight.

Twilight took another deep breath as knocked on the door three times.

"Come in." A familiar voice called from the inside. Twilight opening the door with a flick of her wrist, her becoming better at using her newly required hands. Twilight entered the room to find this world's version of her former mentor. The principal sitting at her desk reading some kind of file that Twilight couldn't read from where she was standing. Twilight placing the backpack that contained Spike on the ground next to the door. "How may I help you?" Celestia asked as Twilight entered the room, putting the file she was reading on her desk.

"Um, uh... Whew. My name's Twilight Sparkle. I-I'm new here, and... Well, I understand that Fluttershy found a crown this morning and gave it to you." Twilight stammered as she introduced herself to . I've had Vice Principal Luna put it somewhere for safekeeping. No idea how it ended up on the front lawn. Were you interested in running for Princess of the Fall Formal this year?

"Yes. I've had Vice Principal Luna put it somewhere for safekeeping. No idea how it ended up on the front lawn. Were you interested in running for Princess of the Fall Formal this year?" Celestia said as she stood up from her desk and placed the file that she was reading in a drawer of a metal filing cabinet on the other side of the small room.

"Uh, no. Not exactly. The truth is... Well, the truth is I... You see, the crown is actually... Princess of the Fall Formal?" Twilight asked, her not familiar with the whatever the Fall Formal was.

"It's Canterlot High's big Fall dance." Celestia said as she used a red marker to 'x' out a day on a calendar on the far end of the room.

"Like the Grand Galloping Gala." Twilight said excitedly, her beginning to get somewhere.

"Uh, Grand Galloping Gala?" Celestia asked Twilight.

"Oh, uh, it was a big deal at my old school." Twilight said.

"And was there a princess?" Celestia asked as she went back to whatever she was doing.

"Yes, but she wasn't exactly a student." Twilight said.

"Here at Canterlot High, the students select one of their peers to represent them. She receives a crown at the Fall Formal." Celestia said as Twilight saw three framed pictures showing the previous winner. Them all being of Sunset Shimmer in increasing amounts of smugness.

"Hmm. You asked me if I was interested in running for Princess. Can anyone run?" Twilight asked as she began to walk out the room, her backpack being put over her shoulder.

"Yes. You just need to let the head of the Fall Formal planning committee know you'd like to be on the ballot. Was there anything else?" Celestia said to Twilight with a smile.

"Um, nope! That was it!" Twilight said back to Celestia.

"Well, if you do need anything else, my door is always open." Celestia said to Twilight as she closed the door to her office.

"Twilight, why didn't ya just tell her the crown was yours and ask for it back?" Spike asked Twilight from the back pocket of her backpack as she walked into the main hall of the school.

"Oh, I was going to, but imagine if one of them showed up in Equestria saying they came from a place filled with tall, fleshy, two-legged creatures with these? We'd think they were crazy!" Twilight said to Spike as she flailed her arms. One of the students of the school seeing her strange actions and slowly walking away to enforce the meaning behind Twilight's words.

"Hmm. You make a good point." Spike said as Twilight continued to speak.

"Looks like if I want my crown back, I'll have to become Princess of the Canterlot High Fall Formal. So that's what I'm gonna do." Twilight said as she extended her arms toward the ceiling.

"And how exactly do you plan on doing that?" Spike asked Twilight.

"I have no idea!"Twilight exclaimed as another bell sounded overhead and the hallways were filled with students adding to their next class for the day. Twilight following the other students toward the cafeteria of the school.


Back with Zulu and Theta, the changeling turned human continued to follow the dragon turned husky through the streets of the city. The white dog being different ever since they had left the diner, and Zulu wanted to find out why.

"Theta, are you sure that you're alright?" Zulu asked Theta, making sure to talk to Theta whenever they were alone as it seemed that must dogs in this world didn't have the ability to speak.

"I'm fine." Theta said bluntly as he continued to walk, his nose leading him back to the school where Twilight and Spike were. The image of the black dog that he saw from earlier still ringing inside his head.

Are sure, you on to on edge. What did you see back there?"

"It's not what, it's who." Theta said as he turned down a corner of a street and began to walk a little faster. He didn't want to discuss what he saw with Zulu, all he knew what or who he saw was nothing more than a trick by his new dog brain to screw with him.

"Theta, wait up!" Zulu called after the white dog as he dropped into a full sprint.


Inside the cafeteria of the school, Twilight found the human world version of her friend Fluttershy getting a tray filled with school food and decided it to be best for her to talk to her.

"I know we've just met, but I was wondering if you might be able to help me with something." Twilight said as she took a blue tray in her hands and began to fill it with random food from a counter in front of her.

"Of course!" Fluttershy said, intrigued into what the new girl would what to ask of her.

"I've decided to run for Princess of the Fall Formal, and..." Twilight began to say, her being silenced when Fluttershy gasped and accidently spilled her drink on her.

"Oh! Oh, gosh! Sorry." Fluttershy gasped as she grabbed a handful of napkins and began to clean up her mess. "It's just, oh, running for Fall Formal Princess is a really bad idea." Fluttershy said to Twilight as she cleaned up her mess.

"Why?" Twilight asked Fluttershy as they began to walk through the cafeteria.

"Sunset Shimmer wants to be Fall Formal Princess, and when she wants something, she gets it! She'll make life awful for anyone who stands in her way. Just ask the girl who ran against her for Princess of the Spring Fling." Fluttershy said to Twilight as they walked through the cafeteria.

"I have to try!" Twilight said as they began to get near the middle of the cafeteria.

"Oh, I don't think you understand. You'd have to convince everyone here to vote for you instead of her: the athletes, the fashionistas, the dramas, the eco-kids, the techies, the rockers..." Fluttershy said as she pointed the many different groups of people that were in the schools.

"Why is everypony..." Twilight began to ask, her getting hit the back of the head by Spike that the usage of 'everypony'. "Uh, everybody separated this way?" Twilight corrected herself as she and Fluttershy took a seat at an empty table at the end of the cafeteria.

"Maybe it was different at your old school, but at C.H.S., everybody sticks to their own kind. One thing that they do have in common is that they know Sunset Shimmer is gonna rule the school until we graduate." Fluttershy said to Twilight as she used her fork to take a bite out of her salad.

"Not if I can help it!" Twilight announced as she leaned forward and took a bite of a red apple that was on her tray. Fluttershy's eating her salad and staring at Twilight with a look of both shock and confusion. "So, uh, where would I find the head of the party planning committee?" Twilight asked Fluttershy as she took the apple that she was eating out of her mouth and held it in her hand.


Back with Theta and Zulu, the changeling turned human finally caught up to the dragon turned dog and had to tackle him to the ground in order to stop him from moving.

"Let me go!" Theta cried out as he tried to squirm out Zulu's grasp. The small claws on his furry paws cutting into Zulu skin, but he didn't care. He needed to know what Theta had seen that turned him from a happy puppy into a grumpy cat.

"No! I'm not letting go until you tell me what happened." Zulu said to Theta as he used all of his strength to keep the large dog from running away.

Theta's squirming and kicking of his legs came to a stop and he let out defeated sigh. "Fine, I'll tell you." Theta said to Zulu.

"Are you going to run away if I let you go?" Zulu asked Theta, him feeling like Theta's owner the longer they stayed in this situation.

"Yes, I promise that I won't run away." Theta said as Zulu placed back on the ground.

"So, what happened?" Zulu asked bluntly.

"I saw him." Theta said as he sat on his haunches and began to stare off into the distance.

"Who..." Zulu began to ask when realization hit him. "Oh, you saw him." Zulu said as he took a seat next to the white husky. "Are you sure it was him and not this world version of him?" Zulu asked Theta, the white dog letting out a heavy sigh.

"I don't know, all I know is that he was black and seemed to recognize me. I hope it was just this world's version of Sigma and not the real him, but I have to keep my guard up just in case." Theta said as he rose to his feet again.

Despite having lost his ability to tell the emotions of others, Zulu could still tell that there was something more that was bothering Theta. Zulu let out another sigh as he asked Theta. "Theta, do you blame yourself for what happened?" He asked, and Theta took a step away from him and holding up on of his paws as if he had just been hit.

"What?" Theta said in disbelief.

"Do you blame yourself for what happened to Sigma?" Zulu asked again, Theta taking another step away from Zulu. His heart began to beat faster and memories of the moment when he was betrayed by his own brother flashing into his head.

"I don't..." Theta stammered as his heart began to beat faster and memories of the moment when he was betrayed by his own brother flashing into his head.

"Sigma... what are you doing? Finding my true calling in life. A calling that doesn't include you!" The memory of Sigma's betrayal blasted at max volume inside Theta's head. The poor dog cradling his head with his forelegs and dropping into a fetal position. The poor dog quietly whimpering from the pain.

"Theta, are you ok!?" Zulu cried out as he rushed to Theta's side and cradled his head in his arms.

"It was my fault! I could've saved him, but I didn't. I failed! I failed!" Theta whimpered into Zulu's chest as eyes began to tear up.

"No Theta, what happened to Sigma no one could've predicted. You didn't fail, you were just betrayed by the dragon you should've trusted the most. You aren't a failure Theta, you are a hero." Zulu said, Theta pulling away from the hug. The dragon turned husky, not able to look at Zulu in the face.

"I'm no hero, I couldn't even save a kid from getting murdered in cold blood." Theta said as he began to walk away, his words leaving Zulu speechless. Zulu just sat there for a few seconds in silence until he let out a sigh and rose to his and began to follow Theta back to the school where Twilight and Spike were located.

"What am I going to do with you Theta?" Zulu internally sighed as he followed Theta back to CHS.

Unknown to the two friends a black was watching everything that was going down from the shadows of a dark alleyway. Him enjoying every second of the white husky's misery.

"Huh, this might be easier than I thought." The black dog said as he continued to watch the two friends that were currently having a moment across the street. "I might not even need you to defeat him." He said down to the red gem that was attached to his collar. The red gem beginning to turn a cornflower blue color. "Hmm... about damn time." The dog said as he continued to walk through the shadows. His destination being exactly the as that of Theta and Zulu, though having very different reasons for heading to CHS.


Twilight followed Fluttershy directions and headed toward the school's gym. It not taking her that long for her to find the gym in question.

"Fluttershy said she'd probably be in here." Twilight said to herself as she entered the gym. The gym being in the final stages of being set up for the Fall Formal dance.

"Incoming!" A girl from above called to Twilight as she was pelted with party streamers. The girl being a pink-skinned teen with a head of puffy pink hair and was wearing a white shirt with light blue sleeves that had a pink heart in the center, a pink skirt with three balloons on it, and a pair of matching light blue boots. The girl blowing up a balloon that she to take from her shirt.

"Hi, my name's Twilight Sparkle and... Pinkie Pie?" Twilight introduced herself to the girl, her stopping her normal greeting when she noticed the striking similarities between her and her pink earth pony friend.

The girl gasped and deflated her balloon at the purple girl strange ability to know her name before she told her. "Are you psychic?!" Pinkie asked Twilight as she got right up against her face.

"Uh, no. I don't think so. Unless of course, that's something you can do here." Twilight said to Pinkie.

"Not usually." Pinkie said, bouncing away to continue blowing up balloons.

"Fluttershy said this is where I'd find the head of the Fall Formal planning committee." Twilight said as an uncharacteristic frown appearing on Pinkie's face at the mention of Fluttershy.

"Fluttershy, huh? Don't let the whole "shy" thing fool you. She can be a real meanie." Pinkie said, much to Twilight's surprise, as she finished the balloon that she was blowing up.

"You two aren't friends?" Twilight asked Pinkie quite shocked, as everything else about this world had been pretty close to Equestria.

"Waited a bit to get your name on the ballot, huh? Dance is the day after tomorrow." Pinkie said to Twilight, her almost always happy demeanor returning in full stride.

"I'm brand new here." Twilight said to Pinkie.

"Oooh! I thought you didn't look familiar." Pinkie said as she began to walk around her. "Though, now that I'm really lookin' at you... Do you have a twin sister who lives in the city, has a pet dog named Spike that looks just like that one?" Pinkie asked Twilight.

"Uh, maybe." Twilight said with a shrug.

"Thought so. Anyhoo, just need to fill this out and you are officially up for the coveted Princess of the Fall Formal crown." Pinkie said to Twilight as a pen and clipboard popped out of her puffy pink hair and landed in her hands. Twilight had seen Pinkie do crazier things back in Equestria and didn't question this for even a second.

Pinkie gesturing for Twilight to take the pen that was in her hand. Twilight taking the blue pen in her mouth. Twilight putting the pen in her left hand when she got a weird look from Pinkie. Twilight then doing her best to write her name on the piece of paper that was on the clipboard. Twilight giving the pen back to Pinkie when she was done.

"Wow! You have really bad handwriting. It's like you've never held a pen before." Pinkie said in shock as she saw Twilight epic fail of a job at writing her name with a pen.

"Is it?" Twilight nervously laughed off her failure as the door to the gym opened, catching both of the girl's attention.

"Somebody order a dozen cases of fizzy apple cider?" A girl with a thick southern accent and wearing a cowboy hat with matching cowboy style clothing said from the doorway. Twilight having a heavy suspicion that this girl was this world's version of her friend, Applejack.

"Oh! Oh! Me, me-me-me, me, yeah, ha-ha, me!" Pinkie called over to the cowgirl. The cowgirl then placed a crate filled with glass of the amber-colored liquid on an empty chair in the room.

"Can you bring in the rest?" The cowgirl called out of the room as she wiped the sweat from her brow.

"Eeyup." A boy with a similar southern accent to that of Applejack's said as he entered the room carrying enough crates of cider that it made so you couldn't see his face. Twilight pretty sure that he was this world's version of Applejack's older brother, Big Mac.

"Hey, I know you." Applejack said to Twilight as she took a glass of cider out of one of the carts that she had delivered for Pinkie.

"You do?" Twilight asked the cowgirl, surprised as to how she could've known her.

"Sure. You're the new girl who gave Sunset Shimmer the what for today." Applejack said to Twilight as she used her teeth to opened the glass bottle and began to gulp down the amber-colored liquid.

"Twilight Sparkle here is gonna run against Sunset Shimmer for Princess of the Fall Formal." Pinkie told Applejack, this making Applejack spit out the cider that she was currently drinking.

"I'd think twice about that. Oh, sure, she'll probably approach you all friendly like..." Applejack said to Twilight as took two balloons to show Twilight just what she was taking on if she went against Sunset. "I sure am lookin' forward to some friendly competition." Applejack faked Sunset voice with one of the balloons, speaking to the other. "That's so good to hear." Applejack said as she mimicked Twilight voice with the other balloon. "But then, here comes the backstabbin'." Applejack said with her normal voice as she turned the balloon that she was using for Sunset around to reveal a nail taped to it and popped the balloon that she used for Twilight.

"About the only girl in this school you can trust less than Sunset Shimmer is Rainbow Dash." Applejack said more to herself, much to Twilight's surprise.

"Rainbow Dash?" Twilight said shocked, her not believing that this world's counterpart for her cyan pegasus friend would be untrustworthy since she is the Element of Loyalty after all.

"She's the captain of, like, every team at Canterlot High." Pinkie said to Twilight as she on an over inflated balloon. The balloon popping not that long afterward.

"She's also the captain of sayin' she's gonna do somethin' for ya, and then turnin' around and not even botherin' to show up." Applejack added, her words filled with bitterness toward this world's Rainbow Dash.

"Thanks for the advice, Applejack, but this is something I really need to do." Twilight reassured Applejack as she embraced her in a friendly hug.

"Huh, suit yourself. Hey, how'd you know my name is Applejack?" Applejack asked Twilight, catching that she had told the new girl her name.

"Um, I uh... Didn't you say?" Twilight nervously laughed at Applejack's statement, her pulling out of the hug.

"Nnnope." Big Mac said using one of his two signature catchphrases.

"Well, it sure was nice meeting you both. I'm sure I'll be seeing you around." Twilight said as she exited the gym, not wanting to increase the awkwardness that was currently one's tryin' to hide a secret, but I am totally on to her. [whispering] She's psychic!

"That one's tryin' to hide a secret, but I am totally on to her." Pinkie said as Twilight left the gym. "She's psychic!" Pinkie whispered to Applejack.

"Uh-huh. If you say so." Applejack said to Pinkie Pie not very convinced, but she didn't seem it necessary to go further into the strange woman's warped logic.

The doors to the gym opening and Sunset Shimmer walking in, with her minions Snips and Snails in tow. "This is awful!" Sunset announced as she entered the room. "There need to be more streamers by the stage and fewer balloons." Sunset ordered as she popped a balloon that was tied to a chair with her finger.

"Yeah, streamers!" Snips announced as he torn two paper streamers in half.

"And fewer balloons!" Snails added as he tried, and failed, at popping a balloon. The balloon that he tried to pop floating out of his grasp and toward the ceiling.

"Fizzy apple cider? Ugh! This is my coronation, not a hoedown." Sunset complained disgusted.

"Well, now, it ain't necessarily gonna be your coronation this time around." Applejack said to Sunset, the girl with a head of fire sprinting to the cowgirl and began to insert her dominance of the school to Applejack.

"Oh, is that so? You country folk really aren't that bright. Must be why the other students say such awful things about you." Sunset said to Applejack sarcastically as she placed the girl's cowboy hat over her head and began to walk away. Sunset's body nearly glowing in all her smugness.

"Grrr..." Applejack growled at Sunset as her face began to flush red in anger.

"Obviously, it's gonna be my coronation. I'm running unopposed." Sunset announced, her plan to take over Equestria was going better than she had planned.

"Not this time. The new girl just signed up!" Pinkie said to Sunset, holding up the clipboard that Twilight had signed earlier.

"What?!" Sunset shouted in a state of shock, her taking the clipboard out of the hand of Pinkie.

"I know. Her handwriting is really bad." Pinkie said as Sunset's face flushed with anger.

"Where is this Twilight Sparkle?" Sunset angrily said to herself as her knuckles began to turn white as to held the clipboard. Sunset laughing off her words as she handed the clipboard to Snips. "I'm looking forward to meeting the competition!" Sunset said to Pinkie and Applejack, her attention being broken when a muffled bark by a familiar dog broke the silence of the room. Sunset's teal eyes moving toward one of the windows in the gym, her gaze falling on that of a black husky that was waiting outside the gym and barking at her. Sunset's eyes widening as she saw the black dog.

"If you'll excuse me." Sunset said as she exited the gym and started to walk toward where the dog was located. Snips and Snails quickly following after Sunset. "Alone you idiots!" Sunset shouted her minions as she continued to walk toward

"Then what do you want us to do, Sunset?" Snips asked Sunset, her movements coming to a stop.

"I care don't care, just make sure that it keeps the control of this school in my hands." Sunset said to Snips and Snails, them both saluting her and run to do whatever they wanted. She didn't care, she had a meeting with a dog that she needed to attend to.


Sunset exited the school and began to walk toward the soccer field and found the black husky sitting next to one of the windows of the gym waiting for her. "You know you can't just do that. Ordering me around like I am your little mutt, especially since you would probably I'd be seen as your master and not the other way around." Sunset vented to the black dog, her falling silent with a wave of his paw.

"Silence Sunset, I'm not here interrupt any your plans to win over this petty school." The black husky said as he turned his head to face Sunset directly. His red eyes burning directly through Sunset.

"Then why are you here... Sigma?" Sunset asked the black dog, getting a small laugh that made Sunset's skin crawl out of him.

"I have come to warn you." Sigma said to Sunset as he stood to his full height, him standing just past her knee.

"About what, I already know that Celestia sent her 'prized pupil' after me." Sunset said using air quotes at 'prized pupil'.

"Did you know that she's not alone?" Sigma asked Sunset, her eyes widening.

"What do you mean, Celestia didn't send the rest of the gang, because with a single set of those goodie goods. I think I'd go insane having to deal with two." Sunset said with a snarl.

"No, at least not to my knowledge." Sigma said.

"Then why are you here?!" Sunset asked Sigma, beginning to get frustrated at this dragon turned dog's existence in her life.

"Calm down Sunset, I'm not here to fight you." Sigma said as a thought came to his mind. "Though I could get a kick out of it." "I'm just here to warn you that this Twilight Sparkle is getting assistance by two others from Equestria. A changeling and a dragon." Sigma said to Sunset. Sunset nodding her head in understanding.

"I think I have might these two that you speak of."

"Really?" Sigma said genuinely curious as how she had met his brother.

"Well... saying that I met them is a bit of a stretch. It was more like they just happened to be chasing me when I tried to still steal that Twilight Sparkle's crown. That dragon nearly took my took my leg off when he swipe at me." Sunset said as she took off her left boot to reveal a small cut from three claw marks just above her ankle.

"Hmm... not bad Theta, maybe if your aim was better what I am planning could be even further along." Sigma thought as he looked at the small cut.

"Sigma, if you would be kind, could you help me in my mission to get rid of this Twilight Sparkle and her posse?" Sunset asked Sigma.

"Is she really that desperate to come to me for help?" Sigma thought as he weighed pros and cons of working with Sunset.

"Fine, I'll help you this once Sunset, but be expecting to get regular favors from me." Sigma said to Sunset as he accepted her offer.

"I wouldn't have expected anything more from you." Sunset said to Sigma as they snuck back into the school.

"Sigma, I have a question to ask. Why are you even here?" Sunset asked Sigma as they both began to walk through the halls of the school. This part of the school having not the greatest lighting and it difficult to even see Sigma.

"My reasons for being stuck in this inferior body are my mine own. The same as your reasons for ditching Celestia are your own." Sigma said to Sunset, a small snarl appearing on her face at the mention of Celestia. "It is better for your sake not to learn of them." Sigma said to Sunset as his nose caught a whiff of a familiar scent that instantly put him on edge.

"Fine, can you at least use that nose of yours and find this Twilight Sparkle for me?" Sunset all but ordered at Sigma.

Sigma snarled internally as his nose switched targets from that of an ally turned enemy and to that of the smell of a certain purple alicorn turned human. Although he still did miss his steel-hard scales and ability to breathe fire, this dog nose was a welcomed addition. "Got it, follow me. She isn't that far away from here." Sigma said as he began to lead Sunset in the direction of Twilight.


Zulu and Theta arrived at Canterlot High and the both of them stood in front of the large building. The two of them both blankly staring at the building in front of them.

"So, how do we get in?" Theta asked Zulu.

"Hmm... we can't risk you getting spotted in this place so..." Zulu began to say as he another person in a green vest walking a small dog. Him heading toward the back of the school. "Theta can you find a back door to this place?" Zulu said as an idea came to him.

"Hmm... maybe." Theta said as he began to lead Zulu around the perimeter of the school. Theta let out a bark to Zulu once he found a door that wasn't locked near the back of the school.

"Great job, Theta." Zulu said as he patted Theta on the top of the head. "Come on Theta, Twilight's got to be in here somewhere." Zulu said as he opened the door and entered the school, Theta following close behind him.

Theta took a single whiff of the air and was instantly put on edge as a familiar stench. His fur standing on end, his heart began to beat as fast as a freight train, his breathing increased, and him beginning to quietly growl with his teeth showing.

"Theta? Are you alright?" Zulu asked Theta as he noticed his strange behavior.

"He's here." Theta snarled as he took another of the air.

"Who?" Zulu asked, Theta sending a death glare his way.

"Who do you think?" Theta snarled.

"Theta, I know that you and him have a complicated history together, but right now we have to find Twilight and Spike. We can deal with him later. After all of this stuff involving Sunset Shimmer and Twilight's crown is done and over with." Zulu said to Theta, him only getting a snort from Theta in response.

"Good thing they aren't that far from each other." Theta said this making Zulu's eyes widened.

"Where are they?" Zulu nearly shouted at Theta.

"Follow me." Theta said as he began to lead through the dimly lit halls of the part of the school, Theta following his nose straight to the scent of Twilight and hopefully to his traitorous brother.


Twilight was walking through the darker halls of the school when she flinched as someone called out to her. "I can't believe I didn't recognize you earlier." Twilight heard a girl say behind her. Twilight wiping her head around to see the smug face of Sunset Shimmer staring back at her as she leaned up against a locker. Sunset's husky companion waiting in the shadows. His black fur making him nearly invisible.

"Should of known Princess Celestia would send her prized pupil here after my crown, and her little dog, too." Sunset said as she walked over toward Twilight, her smugness only growing. Sigma taking careful note of Sunset's clear underestimation of Twilight Sparkle's abilities. She might not have her overpowering magic but she still had unrivaled smarts.

"It's my crown!" Twilight snapped back at Sunset, pointing at herself.

"Whatever. This is just a minor setback for me. You don't know the first thing about this place, and I already rule it." Sunset waved off Twilight's words. Sigma nose taking note that the smell of his brother and the same changeling that had to kill was getting closer. He readied himself just in case he had to fight his way out. He wanted a rematch with his brother anyway.

"If that's so, why do you even need my crown? You went to an awful lot of trouble to switch it with the one that belongs here." Twilight asked Sunset.

"Pop quiz: what happens when you bring an Element of Harmony into an alternate world?" Sunset tested Twilight, her rival not able to come up with any answer to Sunset's question. "You don't know? Seriously?" Sunset said with a laugh with Twilight couldn't come up with any answer. "And you're supposed to be Princess Celestia's star student? Then again, what were the chances she'd find somepony as bright as me to take under her wing after I decided to leave Equestria? Bit embarrassing that you were the best she could do." Sunset mocked Twilight, her getting a growl from Spike in the process. Sunset not intimated by the small purple dog, especially since she had Sigma waiting in the shadows just in case things got out of hand.

"Oh, and I'd keep an eye on your mutt. Hate for him to be... taken away from you." Sunset mocked Spike, the small dog's anger only growing.

"Is that a threat?" Spike spat at Sunset as he hopped out of Twilight's backpack and onto the tile floor.

"Oh, of course not." Sunset said down to Spike, her slowly walking backward. Not out of fear, but as an invitation for Spike to attack her and give Sigma a little bit of fun for the day. Sigma noticing what Sunset was doing and began to get into position to pounce on Spike.

"That's it you deserves this!" Spike barked as he charged at Sunset.

"Spike don't!" Twilight called out, a devilish smirk appearing on both Sunset and Sigma's face.

"Get him!" Sunset announced and Sigma jumped out of the shadows. His claws mere inches from Spike muzzles. Spike yelping at the sudden inclusion of the black husky and running back to Twilight and hiding behind her right leg. Sigma having to fight with very fiber of his being not to laugh at the smaller dog. He didn't want to make it clear to Twilight that he was in the human world just yet. Sigma refraining himself to just growling dangerously at Twilight and Spike.

"You're not the only one with a dog at your disposal." Sunset said patting Sigma on the top of the head. Sigma doing everything he could not attack the hand that was touching him. He wasn't this bitch's pet if anything she was the puppet in this situation. He just needed her to distract Twilight and her companions so that he could continue his search without any interruptions.

"Sunset, look I'm not here to fight you." Twilight to Sunset as she held up her hands and began to walk away, Spike following her very step. "If you let me get my crown back then I will be out of your hair. You can continue to do whatever it is that you do here." Twilight said to Sunset, it paining her to say that she would leave this world in the hands of Sunset. But she needed to get out of this situation and if it meant talking out of her ass to Sunset then so be it.

Twilight continued to walk backward until she was standing in the middle of the hallway where two different hallways going different directions connected with a cross. Twilight turning her head to see Zulu and Theta walking toward her from the hall that connected to the one that she and Spike were currently on. Twilight's purple eyes widening at the sight of her friends. Her not noticing angry growl that was on Theta's face.

"Hmm... that does sound reasonable." Sunset said in mocked thought. "But... I like the idea of having ultimate power so... no. Sigma, you would be so kind as to get rid of this pest for me." Sunset said, ordering Sigma to do her bidding. Twilight eyes widening at the mention of the former Alpha apprentice.

"Sigma?!" Twilight exclaimed, Theta instincts taking over and him going into a full sprint toward Twilight. Theta's brain only thinking about one thing, and that one thing was revenge.

"You. Stupid. Bitch!" Sigma shouted internally. "Well, I might as well make the most of this." Sigma thought as he charged at Twilight with his teeth and claws ready.

Twilight cried out as Sigma charged at her, Twilight cradling Spike protectively in her arms as she fell to the ground and shut her eyes. Twilight waiting for the eventual impact of Sigma's sharp claws hitting her soft flesh. When the impact didn't and instead the

When the impact didn't and instead there was growling she slowly began to open her eyes to see what had happened. The sight in front of her almost brought tears to her eyes.

"Theta!" Twilight called out as the white husky stood protectively in front of her. Theta's white fur was on end and the scars on his neck began to tickle small drops of blood from them. Theta's left claws were also bloody from scratching Sigma across the face in a manner to protect Twilight, plus get some payback against his traitorous brother.

Sigma was knocked to the ground from the swipe by Theta but quickly regained his footing and growled aggressively at his former brother.

"Get away from her you bitch!" Theta growled at Sigma. Sunset taken by surprise at the white dogs ability to speak, her assuming that this was the white dragon that tried to kill her the day before.

"Good to see you too... brother." Sigma said knowing that his cover was blown. Sunset's eyes widening even further at Sigma's words. She had no idea just how much Sigma had known of Twilight and her companions.

"You are no brother of mine." Theta said as the two dogs began to stalk each other. Them back and forth in front of their respective humans. Sigma mocking to be hurt from Theta's words.

Zulu had caught up with Theta and was now at her side. "Twilight, are you ok?" Zulu asked Twilight with concern in his voice as he helped Twilight to her feet. Twilight still holding Spike protectively in her arms.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Twilight said as Theta and Sigma continued to stalk each other, both of them waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike.

"Zulu get Twilight and Spike out of here. I'll take care of this pest." Theta said to Twilight and Zulu. Sigma snorting at Theta's threat.

"You can try brother, but we both know that you can't beat me." Sigma said a smug look appearing on Theta's face.

"I've done it before." Theta said, another aggressive growl coming from Sigma as he remembered his defeat to his brother during the destruction of Canterlot.

"Are you will be ok?" Twilight asked Theta, her getting an affirmative grunt from Theta.

"I'll be fine, now go!" Theta ordered at Twilight and Zulu, the two humans taking off in another direction. But the both of them making sure that they still stay close just in case if Theta gets hurt.

Sunset continued to stare at the two dogs as they stared each other down. Them both looking like two rival wolves as they continued to pace the small hallway.

"Come at me bro." Sigma taunted Theta.

"With pleasure." Theta said and the two huskies charged at each other. There being a clash of teeth, claws, and killing intent. Blood from both of the dogs beginning to turn the tile floor red.

"Sweet Celestia, what have I done." Sunset thought as the two former brother continued to fight each other.

Author's Note:

Next chapter will be Theta vs Sigma Round 2.

I told you Sigma would return. A little earlier than even I had intended, but whatever the third best character I have ever written is back and is working with the second best character in the show. What is Sigma searching for? I'm not telling, but they will be awesome. All I will say is that the gem that Sigma has, did make an appearance in a previous chapter, and I'm not saying what.

PreviousChapters Next