• Published 8th Aug 2015
  • 2,986 Views, 146 Comments

The Tale of the Second Alpha - Bergen



Equestria, the vast land ruled by ponies. But this was not always the case. Long before the rule of the princesses Equestria was ruled by dragons the leader which was the Alpha. This is the tale of the Second Alpha.

  • ...
15
 146
 2,986

PreviousChapters Next
The New Alpha

The land of Equestria about one thousand five hundred years ago. The Alpha of all the dragons had grown to a point of his age were he must pass on the rule of Alpha to one of his two apprentices. The two apprentices were both twin brothers hatching from the same egg.

But that was where the similarities between the two ended. The apprentice that would become the first Alpha successor was known across the land as a gentle giant even rivalry that of his mentor earning the name Delta, after his logical nature. Preferring to use diplomacy and violence only as a last resort.

Delta's scales were a bright red color representing his young age and nobility that would soon earn. His emerald green eyes burned as bright as the orange fire that he created. Delta seemed to spend more time with the younger of the two alicorn princesses being one of the few creatures who truly understood the beauty of the night she brought.

Delta's twin brother, Omega is a different story altogether. Omega earning his name for his blunt and more aggressive nature compared to that of his brother and mentor. Omega seemed to spend more time with the vast and powerful creatures of the Forever Free Forest, even earning an ally in a young draconequus by the name of Discord, the literal embodiment of Chaos and Disharmony. Omega's scales were more of a maroon color, representing his darker and more destructive intentions when he gained the Alpha control and his wings.

The First Alpha, however, knew of Omega's dangerous ambition and because this on the Alpha's final breath of fire he transferred the Alpha control over to his other and more trusted apprentice Delta making him the second Alpha.

Delta transformed in a bright circle of orange fire to have his newly acquired wings. Omega was not pleased with his former mentor decision, believing that he was stronger than his brother and deserved to be his successor. Omega became filled with misplaced hatred toward his brother and his once light blue eyes turned blood red as he became the embodiment of hatred.

The newly made Alpha tried to reason with his brother, but it was to no prevail. The Alpha's brother demanded that his brother proved that he was worthy of earning his wings, and the landscape of Equestria would never be the same again, literally.


Omega then challenged his brother to a duel. Not happy that he had become the next Alpha rather than himself. There due to prove who was the rightful one to rule over all of the dragons.

Delta, of course, knew that his brother wouldn't stop at the dragons and turn to enslaving the pony inhabitants, and Celestia or Luna wouldn't have stood a chance against the power of an Alpha dragon. He first met with the two princesses to discuss what he should do.


"Are you sure that he isn't just mad at you?" Celestia asked Delta her words filled with fear of what a battle between two dragons the size of mountains that would only be doomed to end with Equestria in ruins.

"No, I'm sorry Celestia, but my brother has never been one for joking." Delta said down to the two princesses confirming Celestia's fears.

"We will fight with you. You will have the support of all of Equestria" Luna said flying up to her close friend.

"No, I'm sorry Luna, but this is my fight. You and all of your pony subjects should not be concerned with this." Delta said back to Luna not wanting his closest friend to get hurt, or most likely die trying to help him.

"This is a battle that I must face alone." He continued to the two princesses. Luna flying back down to the cobblestone path outside of the castle.

Delta then sent off heading toward the edge of Forever Free Forest where my brother was waiting in a battle that would change the fate of Equestria forever.


Delta met his brother at the edge of the forest. His brother only a few hundred yards in front, his maroon scales shining in the sunlight.

"Brother you don't to do this we can rule over the dragons together the same way the alicorn sisters rule over the ponies." Delta said trying to reason my brother despite him knowing fully that it was completely pointless.

"No brother you and I both know that dragons will only follow one Alpha, but there's another way that one can become an Alpha." Omega said talking about how a dragon of our species can become an Alpha by killing the Alpha which preceded them. His new red eyes burning with hatred.

"Fine then if you want to be the Alpha you're going to have to kill me." Delta said to his brother knowing that the only way to protect Equestria from the tranny that his brother would bring down on its ponies inhabitants was to defeat him.

"That was the idea." His brother said back to me with eerie satisfaction in his voice.

"Let's see if you learned that much from our mentor." Delta said back to Omega, and at that moment he ceased being his twin brother becoming nothing more but a threat to Equestria.

"I was the better student!" Omega roared back at Delta. His maroon scales seemly to turn an even darker tone.

"Funny, which one of us did he choose as his successor." Delta sarcastically said back. This comment enraging Omega and he fired a blast of his dark red fire toward his brother. Delta countered with his blast of orange fire. The two streams of flame collided and when the two flames mixed and there was a massive explosion leveling all of the plants, trees, and pretty much everything else in the area.

The grassland which was formed by the explosion would later become the small town by the name of Ponyville. The small town would later become the home of the group of six little ponies by the names of Twilight Sparkle a unicorn and the embodiment of the Element of Magic, Rainbow Dash a Pegasus and the embodiment of the Element of Loyalty, Rarity a unicorn and the embodiment of the Element of Generosity, Pinkie Pie a earth pony and the embodiment of the Element of Laughter, Applejack a earth pony and the embodiment of the Element of Honesty, and lastly Fluttershy a Pegasus and the embodiment of the Element of Kindness. These six ponies would earn the nickname The Mane Six, and they will protect Equestria against the forces of evil.

Much like how the newly crowned Alpha was defending all of Equestria against his own twin brother, over fifteen hundred years earlier.

Author's Note:

More exposition yay, trust me this does earn its teen rating. Just wait for the next chapter, trust me.

The downturn into becoming a villain by Omega is slightly based on by Luna's descent into becoming Nightmare Moon and the backstory of how Megatron became the leader of the Decepticons in Transformers Prime.

In case you guys didn't notice in this chapter, yes I am a huge Luna fan, easily my favorite pony just look at my profile. Long live the New Lunar Republic, alongside the Dragon Empire. (edit) I no longer support the New Lunar Republic. I fully support the shared rule of the alicorn princess, I still say that Luna is a better and more interesting character than her sister. Luna is also no longer my favorite pony, that is now Twilight and followed shortly by Sunset. Luna is still in my top three though.

PreviousChapters Next