• Published 8th Aug 2015
  • 2,986 Views, 146 Comments

The Tale of the Second Alpha - Bergen



Equestria, the vast land ruled by ponies. But this was not always the case. Long before the rule of the princesses Equestria was ruled by dragons the leader which was the Alpha. This is the tale of the Second Alpha.

  • ...
15
 146
 2,986

PreviousChapters Next
Alpha vs. Omega

Omega, in his deranged state, charged at his brother all full speed. When he slammed into Delta's body he cracked a few of his ribs, making Delta roar out in pain, and He then used his right claw to knock him away. When he swiped his claws across Omega's body his claws scraped across his maroon scales removing some of them in the process. Some of Omega's red blood dripping onto Delta's claws.

Omega rebounded with a swipe from his own claws, which went right across Delta's face, cutting just under my jaw. The red blood of Delta dripping onto the dark as night claws of Omega.

Delta reared up on his hind legs and let out one loud roar and charged at Omega. His head hitting just below his shoulder and used my two forelegs to lift and threw him into a large boulder cracking in half.

Omega now slammed into a large boulder roared in pain as the rock shards pierced into his scales. Delta then charged at his brother, slamming him all the way through the rock.

Omega rebounded by digging his hind legs claws into the dirt. This gave him time to swing his right claw across hitting Delta's across his face scraping off a few of his red scales. The force the impact forced the Alpha to lower his head and fire off a stream of fire into the ground scorching the already barren land.

Delta used his slightly heavier weight, thanks to his newly acquired wings. To slam into the chest of his brother, knocking him backward and onto his hind legs.

Delta then took advantage of his brother unbalance and hit with his shoulder, opening up his newly required wings and the both of them launched up into the blue sky. Omega roared firing a stream of his maroon fire into the air as the two flew higher and higher into the sky.

When Delta, still carrying his brother, reached an altitude of over fifteen thousand feet he let go off his brother. Omega began to fall as he still didn't have his wings. The Alpha continued to fly another hundred feet before he flipped back around and blasted down hitting his brother forcing him toward the ground at an alarming rate of speed. When two dragons slammed into the ground they hit it with so much force that they caused a massive crater pulling up a massive mushroom cloud of dust and dirt over five hundred feet in the year.


The two alicorn princesses watched the battle between the two titans from the safety of their castle, or so they hope so. "You got to help him." Luna said to her sister, beginning to open her feathered wings. As she saw the mushroom cloud of dust appear across the sky.

"No Luna, you heard Delta's orders, this is his fight." Celestia said, stopping her little sister.

"But he could die!" Luna called back her sister, her teal eyes beginning to fill with eyes.

"Then that's a sad reality that we will have to take if it happens." Celestia said to Luna, her remarkably able to remain calm while the two dragons the size of mountains were dueling only a few miles away.

Luna couldn't believe what she was hearing, how could her sister being so able to abandon the very creature that was risking his life to save them. Luna took a step back, tears now falling down her cheeks. "How could you." Luna said before she took off, heading to another part of the castle she shared with her sister.

"Luna!" Celestia called after her sister, as the battle between the two dragon brothers continued.


The two dragons were undamaged from the impact with the ground and continued their fight over who would be the Alpha over all of Equestria. Omega picked up a large boulder with his claws and threw it at his brother. The boulder slammed into the face of Delta and did nothing but shatter into a cloud of brown dust. The dust cloud caused by the boulder, however, covered Delta's face. Putting him into a disorienting state of mind. His brother took advantage of his confusion and charged at him.

Omega slammed into Delta, just below his shoulder and pushed him into the crater. With Delta pinned up against the crater, Omega bit down on the left foreleg of Delta, with over a thousand pounds per square inch of force.

The sound of a loud crack of the bones in Delta's left foreleg all shattering echoed through the newly created crater. Delta roared out in pain as his own brother's teeth drove deeper and deeper into his flesh.

In an effort to save his left foreleg from getting completely torn off. He used his free right claw to swipe across Omega's face. His claws came into contact with the weaker scales and skin of his left eye and a massive cut came across it.

Omega roared out in pain, letting go of Delta obviously broken arm, covering his bleeding left eye with his adjacent arm. Rearing up on his hind legs as he roared in agony. When he finally uncovered his eye, there was massive cut from two of Delta's claws. The two gashes on his eye were two deep red cuts from the blood that was still flowing. The cut was so severe that he couldn't even completely open his left eye. His left turning from its red color filled with hatred to just pitch black and dead.

"You will pay for that!" Omega roared as he charged at the weaken Alpha.

Out of rage charged at Delta, and as a way to finish this battle once and for all. He used his right claw to basically bitch slap his brother across his face making him fall to the scorched ground.

Delta then placed his right foreleg, his broken left cradled up against his chest, on Omega neck forcing his entire million pound body weight onto to Omega, and said to him.

"It's over brother, now surrender!" Delta roared at his brother, hope for a way that this could still end in peace.

"Never, I will be the Alpha." Omega roared back at Delta.

Omega then managed to fire a small stream of his maroon fire at Delta.

Delta countered this pitiful attempt to hurt him with a stream of his own orange fire.

The two flames collided and unlike the first time, Delta's fire was more powerful than Omega's and consumed it.

Delta's fire also hit Omega's face burning the open wound on his left eye damaging it even further. Omega roared out in pain as the fire the burned his mangled flesh.

Delta slammed his claw on my brother's neck again and I roared at him.

"It's over brother! You have lost! Now in power vested by our mentor I banish you from the land Equestria forever, and if you return it only end in your death, by my own claws." Delta roared at his brother, the words physically hurt his as I said them.

That exact moment that would be repeated later in Equestrian history, but that's a story for another chapter.

Delta lifted his claws off of my brother's neck, and he seemed to accept his order of banishment and sulk off into the sunset of the wastelands on the outskirts of Equestria.

"I will be back, just you wait for Delta!" Omega roared at his brother, before taking off into the wastelands that marked the southern border of Equestria.


Delta opened his wings and flew back to the two alicorn sisters' castle inside of the Everfree Forest to find the two of them surprised, especially Luna to see that he was still alive.

Delta landed just outside the castle and took great care not to damage his already broken foreleg. Luna noticed his left foreleg cradled up against his chest and said up to her wounded friend.

"Delta your hurt." Luna then flew up to Delta's broken arm and used her magic to heal the broken bones. Well, saying she healed them is giving her to much credit. She more rearranged the bones to where they were originally, and glued them back together.

Delta roared in pain as Luna 'healed' his foreleg. "Sorry, but that should do it." Luna said to Delta, her words filled with her same calm demeanor that she had ever since he had met her. Delta noticed that the blue alicorn's eyes were slightly red like she had been crying recently, but said nothing about it.

"What about Omega?" Celestia said flying up to the same level as her sister. The blue alicorn shot a glare at her sister, her teal eyes becoming a slightly darker tone.

"Omega is gone." Delta said bluntly back to the two alicorns. The two alicorns both shared a gasp at his words, them both filled with regret and defeat.

"Luna, will you do something for me?" Delta said down to his best friend in all of Equestria.

"Yeah, what is it that you want me to do." Luna asked the wounded and defeated titan.

"I would like you to put me under a sleeping spell." Delta said to Luna, and the faces of both the alicorns dropped to show their shared concern and confusion.

"Wait, what?" Luna said back to her friend, shocked at what he had just asked her to do.

"I want you to put a sleeping spell on me." Delta said, repeating myself to Luna.

"Why?"

"Because I have just banished my brother, and if I going repay the debt I must punish myself for an action with equal sacrifice." Delta said back to Luna and she seemed to accept his logic. Though as strange it was.

"What about your dragons." Celestia asked me.

"The dragons of Equestria have lived in peace even before my mentor became the first Alpha and I believe that without there again not much will change." Delta said back to Celestia, putting a little too much faith in my subjects. Little did he know that without their Alpha dragons they would turn to greed. Greed becoming such a big part of the dragon race that it would become part of their biology.

Anyway the three creature flew to the mountains that would later become the city of Canterlot and Luna cast her spell on the new Alpha.

Due to the Alpha massive size, the spell didn't work on his instantly and has a way to guarantee that I would not be attacked while He was asleep. He burrowed himself in one of the caves that riddled the mountains.

There he would remain asleep for over fifteen hundred years until according to Luna as she said the spell. "You remain in this death-like sleep until a great war will take over Equestria and its attacker being those who feed on love. This will awaken you from your sleep and you will defeat this evil returning Equestria to a time of peace."

The Alpha settled in his cave and fell asleep, unaware of just how much Equestria would change in both his own, and his brother's absence.

Author's Note:

Yay, action and violence. I said this once and I will say it again I have a huge Luna fanboy and I will go deeper into her descent into becoming Nightmare Moon in my next chapter. Also, pay attention to Luna's spell/prophecy thing which will grow in importance.

To put Omega bite force of over thousand pounds per square in of force into perspective, the largest bite force ever estimated is that from the massive prehistoric shark Megalodon (literally meaning big tooth), its bite force was estimated from twenty-four to over forty thousand pounds per square inch of force, anywhere from two to over four times more powerful. The largest bite force of a living animal today is that of a saltwater crocodile from around three to seven thousand pounds per square inch of force, anywhere from fourteen times more power to over thirty-three times more powerful.

PreviousChapters Next