• Published 8th Aug 2015
  • 2,986 Views, 146 Comments

The Tale of the Second Alpha - Bergen



Equestria, the vast land ruled by ponies. But this was not always the case. Long before the rule of the princesses Equestria was ruled by dragons the leader which was the Alpha. This is the tale of the Second Alpha.

  • ...
15
 146
 2,986

PreviousChapters Next
The Worst Night Ever Part 2

Moon Dancer stared at the purple unicorn for what seemed at least to her like hours, her hoofs seemed frozen in place.

"Excuse me, little one." An older fashionably dressed stallion said, bumping into Moon Dancer. Bringing herself back to reality.

"Oh... sorry. I guess, I'm just distracted tonight." Moon Dancer sheepishly responded back, she beginning to revert back to her asocial personality.

Moon Dancer somehow built up the courage and trotted forward into the line to be greeted by the princess, despite knowing that she would have to interact with the pony that all but abandoned her three months earlier. Moon Dancer trotted up the staircase to the princess, doing her best not to make eye contact with Twilight.


Twilight tried her best to talk to her mentor, only to have her words be interrupted by Celestia having to greet more and more guests. The purple unicorn looked down at the red carpet floor as a thought rushed into her head. "Isn't anything like what I had expected." Twilight's thoughts were interrupted when she heard her mentor speak out of her normal monotone that she was using to greet all of the guests.

"Moon Dancer, it makes me glad to see that you were able to make it." The white alicorn said down to a yellow unicorn in a purple dress, with light blue star details. Her mentor words sparked Twilight's attention and she looked up from the floor to come face-to-face with a pony that could've passed as her recolored twin.

The purple unicorn was taken aback by the eerily similarities between the two ponies, but her mind never making the connection that the pony that was standing in front of her former friend, Moon Dancer.


The yellow unicorn stared down at her hooves for a few awkward moments, moments that seemed to be a few hours to her. Until she built up the courage to look up and give the princess eye contract. "Yes... Princess, I did make it. Princess, I have some important matters to discuss with you about my..." Moon Dancer managed to say, pausing half-way. The yellow unicorn trotted closer and whispered into the white alicorn's ear. "certain project that you assigned me." Moon Dancer whispered to Celestia, in a tone that even Twilight couldn't hear.

"Of course, we can discuss your important matters after the Gala has ended." Celestia said, making the yellow unicorn smile. Moon Dancer then turned to walk back down the stairs. Only for her to stop herself mid-trot. She then built up the courage and turned her head back toward the princess and her star student, and to purple unicorn.

"It was nice to see you again, Twilight." Moon Dancer said to Twilight.

The words from the yellow unicorn took Twilight by surprise and she responded dumbly. "Oh... thanks it was nice to see you too, Moon Prancer was it." Moon Dancer just stared at the purple unicorn, as she tried to grasped the fact that not only had Twilight not recognize her, but only three months after she moved to Ponyville she didn't even know her name.

The yellow unicorn didn't respond, instead, she just turned back around trotted back down the red carpet steps of the stairs. Moon Dancer had to bit her lip, as it was the only thing that she could muster to stop her from crying.


"Do you know that pony, Twilight?" Celestia asked her star student, as Moon Dancer trotted away. The pain of her former friend's rejection in her body language.

"No... At least I don't think so." Twilight said tapping her chin in deep thought, only to shrug off the idea a few seconds later. Celestia decided it to be best to just let the matter drop. There was another few moments of awkward silence as Celestia went back to her normal duty of greeting the most important guests of the gala. Twilight's mind returning from her doppelganger, back to the underwhelmingness of the gala as a whole.


The scene shifts to Rarity as she was wondering through the castle looking her 'Prince Charming', Prince Blueblood. The nephew of Princess Celestia. Rarity walked into the mane courtroom of the castle and squealed in excitement as she has the white stallion unicorn of her dreams, walking into the gardens of the castle.

"Hurry, Rarity... Oh, but not too fast. But don't wanna lose him..." Rarity said to herself, she shifting from a normal trot, to a speed walk, and then back to a trot as she tried to catch up to the stallion of her dreams. "WAIT! Have to play it cool. Oh, but don't be cold! I can't lose him, I can't! He's everything I imagined! Even better than I imagined." Rarity continued as she followed the white stallion out of the castle and into the gardens.


Fluttershy was busying searching through gardens of the castle looking for all the exotic animals that it processed. As she neared where all the animals were being kept she heard birds chirping in a lovely tone. "Oh my! A meadowlark!" Fluttershy said, recognizing the bird that created the chirping. "Their another, I think she's calling to me. It's exactly what I wished for!" Fluttershy exclaimed as she ran off to find the animals creating the music.


Applejack was busying setting up her apple stand just outside the castle, ready to make wagons full of money for the Apple family. "Howdy, partner! You hungry?" Applejack asked a male Wonderbolt with a dark blue mane and green eyes, wearing his normal wonderbolt uniform. "As a horse!" The Wonderbolt said to the orange earth pony. "Well, what'cha hankering for? Caramel apple? Apple pie? Apple fritter? Apple fries?" Applejack said, naming off her vast assortment of apple based food.

"I'll take that big apple pie!" The Wonderbolt said happily.

"Well, thank you kindly, sir! Yee-haw! In the first minute, I made my first sale. Just like I expected." Applejack exclaimed as her first customer of the night payed for his treat.

"Always hungry after a show. Eh, Soarin?" A Female Wonderbolt with a fiery orange mane by the name of Spitfire, asked the Wonderbolt that was carrying the pie in his mouth

"Heh. Yeah! gasp My pie!" Soarin began to say, only for him to drop his pie in the process. Rainbow Dash however was able to swoop and save his pie before it hit the ground.

"You saved it. Thanks." Soarin said to the rainbow mane Pegasus, thanking her for saving his pie.

"Hey, no prob." Rainbow said modestly.

"Hey! I know you. You're the pony that saved us in Cloudsdale and won The Best Flyer Competition." Spitfire said recognizing the blue Pegasus.

"Hay yeah! Name's Rainbow Dash." Rainbow said back to Spitfire, introducing herself.

"Well, Rainbow Dash. Looks like your skills saved us again. Oh, well, at least they saved Soarin's apple pie." Spitfire said jokingly.

"OM NOM Yeah... NOMNOMNOM..." Soarin tried to say, as he dig into his apple pie.

"Wanna come hang out with us?" Spitfire asked Rainbow.

"Sure. Why not?" Rainbow responded back, doing a good job to hide her emotions. "I'm... hanging... with the... Wonderbolts!" Rainbow squealed in delight as she followed the Wonderbolt into their specially marked off part of the castle.


"The shiny dance floor... The pretty party ponies... Ooh, the fancy band... Shiny! Pretty! Fancy!" Pinkie said excitedly as she bounced around the ballroom of the castle. "GOTTA DANCE!" Pinkie exclaimed as she couldn't hold in her emotions anymore.

"I'm at the Grand Galloping Gala, I'm at the Grand Galloping Gala, I'm at the Grand Galloping Gala, It's all I ever dreamed. It's all I ever dreamed, woo hoo! It's all I ever dreamed, yippee! I'm at the Grand Galloping GalaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA!" Pinkie sang in a upbeat tone. There was a short pause as she looked around ballroom to see that nopony was following her in her dance.

"It's all I've ever... dreamed?" Pinkie mumbled in a less positive tone as she began to realize that the Gala wasn't anything like what she expected.


"Well, hello. I am Prince Blueblood." The white unicorn stallion said, as Rarity caught up to him in the gardens of the castle. "I am... Rarity. Oh my, what a lovely rose." Rarity said to the prince introducing herself, and admiring the red rose that he was holding with his magic.

You mean... this rose? Thank you. It goes with my eyes." The Prince said to Rarity, cutting the rose and placing it in his ear. This unexpected display of rudeness didn't go unnoticed by Rarity as she groaned to herself, her so called 'Prince Charming' already not living up to her exceptions.


Back with Fluttershy, she was busy searching through the Canterlot gardens. Looking for the bird that created the beautiful chirping noises that she was hearing. "My little meadowlark is right around this bend!" Fluttershy gasped as she neared the location of where the lovely melody was coming from. The yellow Pegasus ran around the bend of hedges to revile that the bird that was creating the beautiful chirping sounds. Wasn't a bird at all, but instead one of the garden ponies whistling as he did his work.

"Was that you?" The yellow Pegasus asked the gardener pony, a little embarrassed. "Yep! I love whistlin' while I work." "Oh! Yes... Well... Excuse me." Fluttershy said embarrassed. Her embarrassment left her as she heard animal sounds coming from the gardens.

"Oh! I see a toco toucan! And a spider monkey! And, oh! Is that a wallaroo?" Fluttershy said excited as ran up to the new animals, only for them to scatter when she came close. "Oh, Fluttershy. You're such a loudmouth." Fluttershy said hanging her head in shame. Unknown to Fluttershy, and to almost all the ponies in Canterlot. The reason that the animals were so on edge during the Gala was because they could sense the Alpha reawakening, and they were readying themselves for his eventual return.


"Lemon Hearts!" Twinkleshine called out to a yellow unicorn with a blue mane. Her close friend Minuette close behind her. The yellow unicorn turned toward the sound of her name, and her eyes widened as she saw her two best friends in all of Equestria. "If you would excuse me." Lemon Hearts said to the plush ponies that she was currently talking, before running over to her friends.

"I didn't think you guys would find me in all of the plushness." Lemon said excitedly to her two friends, joining them in a group hug.

"Hey, we can't have the best night ever without our best friend in all of Equestria." Minuette said, making the yellow unicorn giggle to herself.

"Where's Moon Dancer?" Lemon asked her two friends, looking around the crowed ballroom for the for her friend, but to no avail.

"I think see needed to talk to the princess, or something like that." Minuette said, waving off the pony's absence with her hoof.

"Oh... do you guys know if she will join us later?" Lemon asked her friends.

"I think so, it shouldn't be that hard for her to find us." Twinkleshine said as the orchestra of the Gala began to play.

"Oh I love this song, come on let's dance!" Minuette as she all, but dragged Twinkleshine into the dancer floor. Twinkleshine was however able to broke through Minuette's grasp and said to Lemon Hearts, who hadn't moved yet.

"Lemon are you coming?"

"Yeah... I be right behind you guys." Lemon said, she waited a few more moments before to turned around and followed her two friends to the dance floor. Her thoughts racing as she wondered why Moon Dancer would just blow off her friends like that. Sure she had done it all the time before, but this week she seemed more open and better at trying to out of her Heart's thoughts were interrupted as she looked up to see a pink earth pony singing at the top of her lungs.


"You reach your right hoof in.

You reach your right hoof out

You reach your right hoof in

And you shake it all about

You do the Pony Pokey meeting lots of folks with clout

That's what I'm talking about

You step your left hoof in

You pull it right back out

You step your left hoof in

But you better help him out

You do the Pony Pokey but should find a different route

That's what it's all about

You kick your back leg in

You pull your back leg out

You reach your back leg in

Just be brave and have no doubt

You do the Pony Pokey feeling like you're gonna pout

That's what I'm singing about

You tilt your head in

You tilt your head out

You tilt your head in

Then you shake it all about

You do the Pony Pokey even though your date's a lout

You're better off without

You stomp your whole self in

You stomp your whole self out

You stomp your whole self in

And you stomp yourself about

You do the Pony Pokey and you give a little shout!" The Pink pony sang, as the fashionably dressed guests of the Gala just look unto the young earth pony, with the look of both disgust and confusion on their faces. The three unicorns friends however couldn't resist to laugh at the spectacle that was unfolding in front of them.

"That's what I'm talking about

You do the Pony Pokey

You do the Pony Pokey

You do the Pony Pokey

And that's what it's all about

Yeah." The Pony finished her little childish song, only to get a tap on the shoulder from one of the disgusted Canterlot ponies.

"Young lady, this is not that kind of party." The Canterlot pony said to the earth pony, with high amount smugness that Canterlot ponies were known more.

"Ohhhhhh... They don't want a party. These ponies want a paaartay." The pink earth pony said back, not understanding the meaning behind the Canterlot pony's words.

"This should be good." Minuette said as she took as she walk over to the punch bowl to get herself a drink.


However in the second tallest tower of the Canterlot castle (only smaller then Celestia's personal quarters) a certain blue alicorn wasn't having a staler night.

"We promised that we would be present during the Gala." Luna said to herself, pacing back and forth in her room. "Ok we'll just fly down and mingle for a little bit, nothing more." Luna said to herself, trying to talk herself into attending the Gala.

"No, what if our subjects, are still afraid of us. What if they think that we are still a monster. What if..." Luna said to herself, panic setting in as she thought up all the negative possibilities in her head.

"Nonsense, thou is just overthinking everything. Yes, thou just needs to clear, they mind." Luna said slapping herself across her muzzle with her hoof. Luna then walked out onto her baloney and looked out across the Canterlot. The moonlight shining over the massive city in a beauty that only the Princess of the Night could truly appreciate.

The Princess of the Night leaned her front hooves up against the railing of her baloney, the cool night air flowing through her star-like mane. Luna let out a heavy sigh as she just stared out across the starlit night, enjoying the sheer beauty of the night that she brought. She stared out of her baloney for nopony knows how long, her thoughts being interrupted as she saw her night suddenly turned red and lightning flash overhead.

"What the..." Luna said surprised after the strange occurrence.

Curious the blue alicorn looked down from her high baloney to see a yellow Pegasus in a tore green dress doing her best to catch any of the many animals in the Canterlot gardens. Curious of what the yellow Pegasus was doing, Luna ran into her room and got her telescope. The Princess of the Night setup her telescope on her baloney and watched the scene unfolding in the gardens, her first true forming on her face as she did.


In the Canterlot gardens a very irrigated Fluttershy was busy building sort of net like device to catch the animals. "I'll catch you yet, my pretties. Oh yes. As soon as one of you little birds or monkeys or bears touches this net... you'll be MINE! MINE!" A crazed Fluttershy said as she broke into a series of maniacal laughter. The night sky turned blood red as the pony laughed, with a bolt of lightning flashing overhead. The animals of the gardens retreated further away from the yellow Pegasus as she continued in her laughter.

The animals now more afraid of the crazed Pegasus in front of them then the current aircraft carrier sized dragon that slept just underneath their noses. Fluttershy's evil laughter has however cut short as she stepped on the her trap. The caught her in the net and she hanged in the strange contraption. The yellow Pegasus let out of a high sigh as she hanged in her own trap.


The Princess of the Night looked on the scene in the gardens, all confusion, terror, and humor. Luna then looked away from the scene barely able to contain her laughter. Her laughter was halted when she looked back in her telescope to see a young grayish-yellow unicorn sitting in the gardens looking like see was sobbing. Luna tried her best to look away from the scene, feeling that she was invading the pony's piracy.

But she just couldn't, she had heard from her sister, along with some of the castle's workers that the Gala was usually rather boring and maybe a little stressful, but she had never expected to see one of her own subjects to openly cry. Then a thought flashed into the princess' mind.

"I will handle all of the greetings and all that other boring stuff, while you can go build some relationships." Luna heard flash into her mind at that exact. The thoughts being words that sister had said to her a week earlier.

She at first denounced her sister's words as just trying to cheer her up. But now, as she stared through her telescope, at the sobbing pony beneath her. That her sister meant have been asking to comfort a pony that was in desperate need of it.

Luna wasn't very good at talking to any other pony outside of her sister, and even those conversations had been plagued by awkwardness. She had seen her sister comfort other ponies before, but she just couldn't see herself being able to do the same. The blue alicorn made up her mind and opened her slightly above average wings and glided down to the ground, landing with a small thud. The yellow unicorn seemed not to hear the blue alicorn landing and Luna cautiously walked up to the sobbing pony.

The blue alicorn cautiously approached the crying unicorn, doing her best to make the least amount of noise as possible. Luna seemed to fail at being sneaky as a step on a small twig making it snap, with a loud crack. The unicorn's ears perked up as she turned head around to she the Princess of the Night standing behind her.

The yellow unicorn quickly wipe away the tears on her muzzle and bowed to the Princess of the Night. Luna was at first taken a back by the pony's actions, but then gave a small smile to the young unicorn. Many thoughts rushed through Luna's mind as she thought up the best why to talk to the pony in front of her. The unicorn in front seemed to notice and started the conservation for her.


"What... sniff ... what brings you here your highness." The yellow unicorn said to the blue alicorn. Though secretly was against this she responded not using the traditional Canterlot voice, but instead with her normal voice.

"Well we... I saw in from my baloney and I was wondering why a young filly like you would be crying on such a special like this one. What is your name, young one." Luna said, her words catching the young unicorn by surprise.

She didn't think anypony, let alone the Princess of the Night would notice her. "Um... M-Moon Dancer, my name is Moon Dancer, and I haven't had the greatest night of my life tonight." Moon Dancer said turning away from the blue alicorn in front of her.

"Tell me." Luna said sitting down next to Moon Dancer.

"Come again, your majesty." Moon Dancer said to Luna, her sudden statement catching her off guard.

"Tell me, I've haven't been that great at making what my sister calls 'friends', but I hope that I am able to be one to you." Luna said to Moon Dancer. Making her even more shocked at the Princess' sudden attempt to help her.

"Well the night didn't start out all that bad. I mean I got the excuse to play dress up for the day." Moon Dancer said, motioning toward her purple dress.

"I see." Luna said simply, urging the yellow unicorn to go on.

"But that all changed when I met with your sister, Princcess Celestia." Moon Dancer said looking directing at the blue alicorn.

"Wh-what do you mean?" Luna said taken aback from Moon Dancer's words about her elder sister.

Moon Dancer noticing the distress in the princess' face said. "It had nothing do with your sister your highness, I can assure you." Moon Dancer's words made Luna relax a little bit more.

"Then what happened?" Luna asked Moon Dancer.

Moon Dancer let out a heavy sigh and said, recounting the her conservation with Celestia. "I intended to speak with your sister about... well." Moon Dancer began to say stopping as she thought up a good way to say the Alpha.

"The Alpha, I know of your projects including him." Luna said knowing exactly what she was talking about.

"Yes that... anyway I had my mind all set until I saw the pony that was standing next to her." Moon Dancer same pain that she felt earlier coming back.

"Who was standing next to her?" Luna said, urging Moon Dancer to continue.

"Twi-Twilight Sparkle." Moon Dancer said doing her best to hold back tears.

"Why would that matter?" Luna said confused, on how her sister priced student would be the reason for the pain that the pony she was speaking to was going through.

"Me and Twilight have a... complicated history. We used to be friends, but when she left to Ponyville she didn't even say goodbye to me or any of my friends." Moon Dancer said to Luna.

"Ok, but is that all?" Luna asked to Moon Dancer.

"No, I have gotten over her leaving without saying goodbye. But what happened earlier tonight was the last straw for me." Moon Dancer said bluntly.

"What happened?" Luna asked the young unicorn.

"Not just didn't she even recognize me. She didn't even know my name. After being my 'friend' for most of our childhood. After just three months in Ponyville she had completely forgotten about me."

There was a few moments of awkward silence as the two ponies just stared at each other. The awkwardness was broken by what sounded like a bomb had gone off in the castle's mane ballroom.

"What in Tartarus is going on." Moon Dancer said, saying her thoughts outloud.

"I have no idea." Luna said as the two ponies walked up to the window and saw something that could never be unseen again.


Back in the mane ballroom of the castle the Mane Six were busy trying the Gala more like the party that they had dreamed about.

"Come on, everypony! You wanted a partay? Now it's paaartaaay! Yeah! Uh! Now that's a beat, yeah! Uh! C'mon, dance! Yeah, woohoo!" Pinkie said, still trying her best to make the Gala more like a party that she would throw.

"Okay, all you high-class ponies. Here's a highfalutin apple cake for your hoity-toity taste buds." Applejack said trotting into the ballroom with a cart filled with a large apple cake.

"STAGE DIVE!" Pinkie exclaimed jumping off the stage and hit the cart Applejack's cake was on making launch into the air. Rarity and Prince Blueblood both scream simultaneously. Blueblood in a manner to protect put in front of himself so that the cake would hit her, rather him.

The cake slammed into Rarity, getting herself covered with cake stuff. An angry Rarity vented at Blueblood saying. "You, sir, are the most uncharming prince I have ever met! In fact, the only thing royal about you is that you are a royal pain!"

"Ewww...! Uh, stay back! I just had myself groomed!" Blueblood recoiled back from the dirty unicorn.

"Afraid to get dirty?!" Rarity said sarcastically, shaking her body like a wet dog, getting some on her not so Prince Charming. Prince Blueblood whimpered off now covered in pieces of cake. As the Prince ran off he hit a golden statue of an Alicorn of the castle, and it began to fall.

"This is my chance!" Rainbow said diving to catch the large statue before it could hit the ground, and she actually succeeded.

"Yes! Whoa!" Rainbow exclaimed happily catching the statue on her back. However she wasn't able to keep in balanced and the large statue and only ended up hitting one of the many pillars inside the ballroom. This one pillar caused domino effect as the pillar hit many other pillars, them all falling to the ground in a large crash.

"Well... it can't get any worse." Twilight mumbled as she walked into the ballroom, the Celestia by her side. Just as Twilight said her words there was a rumbling sound as one of the doors to the gardens burst open. Animals fled from the door, a crazed yellow Pegasus in torn green dress right behind them.

"You're... going to LOVE ME!" A crazed Fluttershy yelled as she busted through the door. This was followed by ponies screaming as pure insanity inued as the Gala threatened to tear itself apart.

"Um, um, uh... Eugh." Twilight tried to find her words.

"Run." The white alicorn whispered to her star student. Twilight gave a agreeing nod and whistled. Her five friends all look toward their leader and followed her out of the ballroom and the entire castle all together.

As the six ponies were running down the stairs of the castle Rarity lost one of her glass slippers. "Ooh! Rarity, your glass slipper! Now your prince is sure to find you." Pinkie said noticing the scent. Rarity let out a shriek and grabbed the shoe with both hooves saying.

"No! Ugh! Let's go!" All the ponies then piled into the apple carriage thing, and they rode as far away from the castle and the Grand Galloping Gala, as they possibly could.


"I think this our cue to leave." Twinkleshine said as the madness around them continued.

"Agreed!" Lemon Hearts and Minuette said at the same time. The three unicorns then bolted outside, only stopping when Lemon said.

"Wait were's Moon Dancer." The three unicorns looked in all directions only stopping when they heard to ponies in uncontrollable laughter. The three ponies walked the sound to find their friend laughing uncontrollably with, to their surprise, the Princess of the Night.

"Moon it's time to go!" Minuette said her friend, catching Moon Dancer attention.

The young unicorn gathered her composure and said to the blue alicorn. "It was nice meeting you princess." Moon Dancer then stood up from the grassy ground and ran over to her friends.

"It was nice to meet thou as while." Luna called to Moon Dancer as she left. Moon Dancer turned back and gave a small smile to the Princess of the Night, until running off with the others. The four unicorns gathered into their white carriage toward their destination.

"Moon, was that Princess Luna." Lemon Hearts asked Moon Dancer as she trotted passed her.

"Um... yes that was the princess. Why do you ask Lemon?" Moon Dancer responded sheepishly.

"It's just that I have seen the princess in the castle a few times before, but I have never actually talked to her before." Lemon said to the Moon Dancer. Moon Dancer couldn't think of a good way to respond, and instead just let the topic drop.

There was a few moments of awkward silence until Twinkleshine broke it saying. "Well this night was something... wasn't it."

The three other unicorn stared at the ivory one for a few seconds, until they all burst out into a combined laughter. "You can say that again Twinkle. I mean tonight was absolutely awful." Minuette said to the ivory pony, making the four ponies burst into another round of laughter.

"How about we just head to the cafe and spend the rest of the night drinking some hay smoothies." Lemon Hearts said to her three unicorn friends.

"Agreed!" The three other ponies said at the same time, and the three ponies ready to make the best out of what had been, The Worst Night Ever.


"Hey, Pony Joe. Another donut." An annoyed Spike said slamming his cup of coffee (at least I think it is coffee) on the table.

"Don't you think you've had enough?" The owner of the donut shop said to the young dragon.

"Another donut! Extra sprinkles!" Spike demanded from the owner, as the bell on the door of the donut shop rang.

"Twilight Sparkle! Ha, ha. Long time no see." The owner said seeing the purple unicorn walk into his shop with the rest of her friends.

"Hey, how was the Gala? How was your best night ever?" Spike asked the six ponies, for them to all let out of heavy sigh.

"That sounds like the worst night ever!" Spike exclaimed as they recounted what had happened that night.

"It was!" All the ponies said at the same time as they all burst out into laughter. "I just hope Princess Celestia isn't upset with us for ruining the Gala." Twilight said hoping that her mentor wasn't angry.

"That was the best Grand Galloping Gala ever!" Princess Celestia said walking into the donut sho .

"Princess Celestia!" All the ponies present in the shop.

"Pardon me, Princess, but tonight was just awful." Twilight said her mentor.

"Oh, Twilight. The Grand Galloping Gala is always awful." Celestia said to her star student.

"It is?" Twilight said slightly surprised.

"That is why I was thrilled you were all attending. I was hoping you could liven things up a bit. And while the evening may not have gone as you planned, I'm sure you'll agree that in the end it didn't turn out so bad for this group of friends." Celestia said to the group of ponies, putting Twilight into deep thought.

"You're right, Princess. Friends have a way of making even the worst of times into something pretty great." Twilight said agreeing with the white alicorn.

"Yeah! Hanging out with friends!" Rainbow exclaimed happily.

"Talking!" Fluttershy added to Rainbow's statement.

"Laughing!" Pinkie piled on.

"You mean doing exactly what I wanted to do the whole time?" Spike said pointing out the error in the Mane Six's plan for the night.

"Yes, Spike. You were right." Twilight said to her number one assistant.

"As horrible as our night was..." Applejack began to say. "...being together here has made it all better." Rarity continued Applejack's statement. "In fact, it's made it..." Pinkie began to say before...

"...the best night ever!" All the ponies, excluding Celestia, cheered. Their ponies words were followed by laughter as the ponies enjoyed the rest of the night as friends.

Author's Note:

Hello fellow readers, I have finally gotten my own personal laptop, so I can write both of my stories when I get home from school. I don't know if this fact will make my writing faster, but I really helps relieve some headaches for me. I'll see you all in the next chapter.

Speaking of which, I'm thinking of doing one original chapter involving Moon Dancer or any other characters before I do "Return of Harmony" (Re-titled Return of Disharmony). Which will also be split up into two chapters, one for Part 1, and another for Part 2.

I hope you guys like my explanation as to why the animals ran from Fluttershy in the Canterlot gardens. I also hope that you guys like the conservation between Luna and Moon Dancer.

I just watched Friendship Games for the first time, and it was good. Maybe not as good as Rainbow Rocks (mostly because the Sirens are better villains). All though it starts off a little slow, when it gets to the actual Friendship Games it gets really good. The climax was awesome (evil Twilight was amazing while it lasted). And by far the best part of the movie was Sunset Shimmer. I love how she has gone from the worst villain the series ever had in Equestria Girls, into one of my top ten favorite characters in Rainbow Rocks, and finally one of my top five favorite characters in Friendship Games. If I would give Friendship Games a Rotten Tomatoes like rating, I would give it a solid 80-85%.

In case anypony is wondering I would give Equestria Girls a rating of 65-70%, and I would give Rainbow Rocks a rating of 90-95%.

PreviousChapters Next