• Published 8th Aug 2015
  • 2,986 Views, 146 Comments

The Tale of the Second Alpha - Bergen



Equestria, the vast land ruled by ponies. But this was not always the case. Long before the rule of the princesses Equestria was ruled by dragons the leader which was the Alpha. This is the tale of the Second Alpha.

  • ...
15
 146
 2,986

PreviousChapters Next
The Mane 6

Centuries had passed since the defeat of Discord,the banishment of Nightmare Moon to the moon, and Celestia ruled over Equestria from her castle in Canterlot. Since then six fillies were born and they would soon become the new borers of the six Elements of Harmony.


Applejack, a hardworking orange earth pony with a cutie mark of three red apples, representing her as the head of the Sweet Apple Acres Ranch. Applejack would become the pony that would represent the Element of Honesty.

Pinkie Pie, a hyperactive pink earth pony with a cutie of three balloons, representing her unrivaled ability to make people laugh and throwing parties. Pinkie Pie would become the pony that would represent the Element of Laughter.

Fluttershy, a shy Pegasus with a cutie mark of three pink butterflies, representing her unrivaled connection with animals. Fluttershy would become the pony that would represent the Element of Kindness.

Rainbow Dash, a tomboyish light blue Pegasus with a cutie mark of a rainbow colored lightning bolt, representing her sole ability to create a Sonic Rainbow. Rainbow Dash would become the pony that would represent the Element of Loyalty.

Rarity, a white unicorn with a keen eye for fashion with a cutie mark with three blue gems, representing her ability to find precious gems with her horn.

And lastly Twilight Sparkle a bookworm purple unicorn and Celestia's star student, literally. A unicorn that used to not see friendship as an important part of a pony life. Her cutie mark is a large pink six sided star surrounded by five smaller white stars of the same shape. Representing her rare power in magic along with the five friends that she would meet in the small town of Ponyville. Twilight Sparkle would become the pony that would come to represent the most powerful and most elusive of all the Elements of Harmony, the Element of Magic. These six ponies would earn the name the Mane 6 defending Equestria from many different foes using their friendship, the most powerful magic of all.


However, the six ponies weren't always this way before they all got their cutie marks they had to first find out what their true meaning life would be. Applejack did not originally want to live her life as a pony that work the farm. Instead, she wanted to live a more suffocated and grander life. That is way when she was just a filly she moved to live with Aunt and Uncle Orange in the biggest city of Equestria, Manehattan.

Applejack arrived in the big city and stayed a night with her Aunt and Uncle apartment trying to learn all the suffocated things she could in the shortest about of time. During diner, her Aunt and Uncle hosted some friends over at their apartment and she showed all she had learned from her relatives during it.

Applejack how made the mistake of mentioning awaking up to the call of a rooster which sent the party into an embarrassing silence. The silence was short lived with diner was served, but it wasn't as Applejack either with only a small piece of an orange sitting on her plate.

As the night went by Applejack had an overwhelming feeling homesickness and could barely sleep. As the sun rose up, however, Applejack's life changed forever. As she watched the sunrise she heard a massive explosion out her window and saw a large rainbow going across the sky heading her actually back to Ponyville, and at that exact moment, Applejack knew that she would spend the rest of her life working the fields of Sweet Apple Acres. When she was reunited with the rest of her family her cutie mark appeared showing three red apples.

Fluttershy wasn't always the pony that everypony went to for a help involving animals. She was, however, original just a Pegasus that had a hard time flying, this all changed when she met the athletic Pegasus by the name of Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash defended Fluttershy from two other Pegasus who were picking on her for her weak flying. Rainbow Dash challenged the two other Pegasus to a race to defend Fluttershy honor. Fluttershy was the pony that would start race holding a flag.

When Fluttershy dropped the flag, however, the wind created by the three ponies flying passed her pushed her off the small cloud she was standing and she began to fall toward the ground. She being a weak flier was unable to stop herself and was only saved by a group of the pink butterflies as she reached the ground.

Growing up in Cloudsdale, Fluttershy had never seen butterflies before. Fluttershy felt a certain contention with the animals that she had just met.

Then she heard a massive explosion overhead followed by a shockwave of rainbow colors. The sound made by the explosion frightened the animals around here. Fluttershy used her unrivaled ability to commutate and calm down the animals and by doing so she earned her cutie mark, three pink butterflies.

Rarity wasn't always the greatest designer in Ponyville history. Instead, she was a young unicorn that enjoyed to make costumes for her school. Rarity was about to give up on her craft until her horn glowed and practically dragged her all the way across Equestria until she came across a large rock on the edge of a cliff.

"A rock... my destiny is a rock!" Rarity yelled at the rock disappointed that her horn forced her to this region for what see saw as a waste of time. Just as Rarity said that she a massive explosion followed by a shockwave of rainbow colors which when it hit the large rock it split in half showing that it was full of rare gems. Rarity used the gems to make the costumes she made for her schools play better and when she did so she earned her cutie mark, three blue gems.

Twilight Sparkle wasn't always the star student of Princess Celestia, in fact originally she just a normal purple unicorn that applied for Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. The only problem was that Twilight had to pass an entrance exam before she could be accepted into the school.

Celestia sensing that Twilight would come to represent the Element of Magic her entrance exam of dragon hatching, a skill that takes a lot of magic to accomplish. Twilight tried her best to make the egg hatch, but it was to no prevail.

"I'm sorry that I wasted your time." Twilight said giving up. Just has she said so a massive explosion out in the distance rocked the city of Canterlot, startling Twilight. This explosion caused the true and rare potential to rush to surface in one massive surge of energy.

The small filly's eyes turned to just white dots from the power and hatch the dragon egg revealing a small purple baby dragon. Twilight's magic didn't stop there turning the dragon from a small baby into a full grown dragon so big that it destroyed the roof that the building was being held in, she also levitated the four unicorn judges, and finally, she accidently turned her parents into plants. Celestia standing outside the building noticed the out of control magic and put a stop to it calming Twilight down. Celestia accepted Twilight as her star student showing Twilight that she had just gained her cutie mark, a large six-sided star surrounded by five smaller stars in the same shape.

Pinkie Pie wasn't always the hyperactive party pony that she has now become known for. Pinkie originally lived on a small rock farm were there was no fun or laughter. This all changed one day when overhead Pinkie heard a large explosion the shockwave of which blew all the rocks out of the ground. The shockwave spread across the farm creating a massive rainbow that helped Pinkie smile for the very first time.

This helped Pinkie Pie learn what she would do for the rest for her life. She knew that she would spend the rest of her life making other people smile. To do this she threw her first of many parties than can be counted for her family. By doing this she earned her cutie mark, three balloons.

Rainbow Dash was in a race to defend Fluttershy's honor and the race was going pretty well for her. In the finally leg of the race she was pushed out of line by one of her rival racers. Rainbow Dash took this as a challenge and plunged straight into a near vertical dive.

She was going so fast that when she passed her rival racer the wind created by her speed blew him out of the sky. Rainbow Dash continued in her dive was going so fast that she created something that was considered beforehand has just an old mare's' tale. As she went faster and faster and cone shape of air formed around her body. Just before she hit the bottom of the ground she broke the sound barrier. The shockwave caused by her breaking the sound barrier shattered the physical light spectrum and the shockwave was the colors of the rainbow spreading all across Equestria.

Rainbow Dash had just created a Sonic Rainboom and is the only Pegasus to ever pull it off. The experience made learn that for the rest of her life she would spend it being the coolest pony in all of Equestria and earned her cutie mark, a rainbow-colored lightning bolt.

This Sonic Rainboom spread across Equestria and was the reason that Applejack was able to find her way back to Ponyville; the reason that the animals got startled showing Fluttershy that he had a connection with all animals, the thing that cracked the rock that Rarity found launching her fashion career, the reason why Twilight passed her entrance becoming Celestia number one student, the reason that Pinkie Pie learned to smile launching her career as the best party pony ever, and finally the Sonic Rainboom woke something up.


Back in Canterlot after the massive explosion by Rainbow Dash's Sonic Rainboom which rocked the city causing a small earthquake, shaking the crystal caves that ran under the city. Some of the stalactites from the cave ceiling and fell onto a massive dragon which had been sleeping underneath the city for almost fifteen hundred years. The impact caused by the stalactites triggered the instincts of the Alpha and he began to awaken from the spell cast on him by Luna so many years ago. The first showing of his moment came when his left front claw which hadn't moved in over a millennia closed and then reopened starting the return of one of the most powerful beings in Equestrian history.

Author's Note:

Probably the hardest of all the Mane Six's cutie mark stories the hardest to right was Applejack's. The part with Celestia sensing that Twilight would represent the Element of Magic is just a headcanon by me that makes sense.

Please like, comment, and favorite afterwards. And even if you don't like my story tell me way so that I can become a better in the future.

PreviousChapters Next