• Published 8th Aug 2015
  • 2,986 Views, 146 Comments

The Tale of the Second Alpha - Bergen



Equestria, the vast land ruled by ponies. But this was not always the case. Long before the rule of the princesses Equestria was ruled by dragons the leader which was the Alpha. This is the tale of the Second Alpha.

  • ...
15
 146
 2,986

PreviousChapters Next
History Doesn't Repeat Itself... (Omega's Return)

The musical theme of this chapter is Contact (Final Transmission) RvB Season 13 Soundtrack. You will know when to play it.

"Did you miss me, brother?" Omega said to Alpha, the two titans standing above a massive open field of grass, or, at least, that's what it was until they began fighting. The grassy ground now brown and on fire from the many blasts of gold and maroon fire that the two giant dragons at shot at each other. The dirt ground having massive claws were the Omega and Alpha had dug their claws into it.

"Not in the slightest!" Alpha roared at Omega, firing another blast of his golden fire at his traitorous brother.

"Is that all you got... Delta." Omega roared, blocking his brother blast with his bug-like wing.

"I AM THE ALPHA!" Alpha roared, charging at Omega at full speed. The two titans body colliding. The sound of one of Omega's ribs snapping from the force ringing out across the scorched ground.

Omega roared out in pain as the scene switched back to Canterlot, a city that was in a state of chaos.


"Princess, what is going?" Twilight asked Princess Celestia. The cries of frightened ponies outside the castle. The white alicorn in a state of shock that chilled Twilight to her bones.

"No... it can't be possible." Celestia mumbled to herself, not even acknowledging Twilight's presence. The millennia-old alicorn being reduced to nothing more than a scared filly. The sight was beyond frightening to Twilight. Ever Since Twilight known Celestia, she had seen her as a confident, graceful, and wise leader. But now, she was vulnerable, she didn't know what to do. And it scared Twilight, maybe even more than she realized.

"Princess... are you listening to me?" Twilight asked Celestia, trying her best to snap her out of her strange trance. However, didn't seem to work.

"Celestia!" A call from a grayish-yellow unicorn came from the crowd of ponies inside the throne room. All of them in the same state of shock and panic as the ponies outside.

"Moon Dancer, what is it?" Celestia said, the young mare's words snapping her back to reality.

"Don't want to make it sound like I am intruding, but..." Moon Dancer pausing for a brief second as her anger built up. "WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO!" Moon Dancer roared at Celestia, the Mane Six taking a step back. They surprised that anypony would even dare you to yell at Celestia. But Moon Dancer wasn't done. "OMEGA IS BACK, AND HE GOING TO DESTROY EQUESTRIA IF WE DON'T DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!" Moon Dancer yelled at the top of her lungs. Breathing heavily afterward.

"Are you done?" Celestia asked Moon Dancer in a deadpanned tone.

"Yes... I think so." Moon Dancer said catching her breath.

"I know, and I think I might have a solution." Celestia said to Moon Dancer, her horn glowing with her golden magic.

"And what is it, Princess." Twilight said, trying to chime in.

"Discord, I summon the." Celestia called out, her horn glowing brightly as she used her magic to summon the Spirit of Chaos.

There was a blast of magical energy and a loud popping sound, almost as if somepony popped the cork on a bottle of champagne. As the magic died down what was in its place was the draconequus by the name of Discord.

"Discord surprised and startled by his sudden teleportation fell out his hover and hit the ground with a loud thud.

"Ugh... Haven't I told you to warn me every time you use that spell you use to summon me." Discord grunted, struggling to his feet.

"My apologizes Discord, but I didn't have the time to send you a message before hoof" Celestia explained.

"And why's that?" Discord asked Celestia, summoning a glass of chocolate milk out of thin air.

Before Celestia could answer Discord's question the city of Canterlot was rocked by another roar coming from Omega. Who was still currently engage in against his own twin brother.

Discord's smug expression instantly left his face, his red pupils shrunk to the size of peas, and the glass of chocolate milk fall aimlessly from his eagle's claw. The glass shattering as it hit the floor of the throne room.

"No..." Discord said to Celestia. "He can not be back..." Discord continued. His words filled with pure terror taking everypony present by surprise.

"Even Discord was afraid of this dragon... DISCORD!" Twilight screamed internally. Her mind not being able to process the idea that Discord. The Lord of bucking Chaos was driven to a state of near hysteria by mere roar of this dragon.

"You must help Delta and defeat Omega." Twilight heard Celestia all but order at Discord. The words of her former mentor. Tartarus, who was she foaling, she was still the student to Celestia, and Celestia was still the master. Regardless if she had wings or not.

Regardless, Twilight continued to her the spat between the two powerful beings. "Me... take on him... I mean, Tia. I know my powers are strong, but that is bucking Omega!" Discord barked back at Celestia. Another roar from one of the alpha dragons, this one of a higher pitch and most likely from Alpha rocked the city.

"It is your duty. You said that you would use your magic for good." Luna chimed in. Discord surprised at the inclusion of the blue alicorn. Him now having to deal with the rage of not just one, but now two pissed off alicorns.

"I know." Discord said holding up his eagle's claw and lion's paw in defense. "But, that doesn't mean that I am going to fight a battle that is impossible to win." Discord said to the two alicorns, before disappearing in a snap of his talons.

"DISCORD!" Celestia shouted, stomping her hoof. "UGH! What do we do now?" Celestia grunted frustrated. Turning to her younger sister for assistance.

"Maybe you should feel us in on what the buck is going on." Twilight snapped. Her tired of being ignored.

Twilight's words, despite their blunt nature, seemed to calm Celestia down.

Celestia let out a heavy sigh as she began to address Twilight and the rest of the Mane Six. "Omega is... Omega is the most powerful and most destructive creature I had the displeasure of meeting." Celestia said, not completely sure as to how to describe the mountain-sized dragon that was currently engaged in a battle against his own brother.

"Ok, but that still doesn't answer my question, Princess. Who is Omega, exactly." Twilight asked Celestia.

"Yes. I want to know the identity of the dragon that is currently trying to kill my mentor." Theta roared, bursting through the double doors of the throne room. The violent shaking of the Earth underneath their hooves and claws only adding to the tension in the room.


Over in the Dragon Empire everything seemed like normal, at least, it did until the desert ground beneath all of the dragons began to shake from a massive explosion. All of the dragons already currently not outside rushed to the flattened roof of the dormant volcano, or the entrance to the cave that cut through it.

"Sir, what is that?" A light blue dragon asked a red dragon that used to rule over the Dragon Empire.

"I don't know..." Steelclaw said, him staring off toward the massive explosion on the horizon.

"Omega..." Zulu said, taking all of the dragon presents by surprise.

"What did you say, changeling?" Steelclaw asked Zulu, slightly remembering him as one of Chrysalis' lieutenants.

"He's back..." Zulu mumbled out. The roars of Alpha and Omega being heard even from the dormant volcano.

"What are you talking about?" Steelclaw asked Zulu.

"I'm talking about the current mountain-sized dragon that is currently fighting your King." Zulu snapped.

All of the dragon's present eyes widened at the sheer idea of their Alpha being in danger.

"Every dragon load up, we are going to Equestria!" Steelclaw roared, returning to his earlier role as the King of the Dragon Empire. "If what this changeling..." Steelclaw began to give a speech, Zulu interrupting him.

"Zulu." Zulu corrected Steelclaw, tired of being referred to as 'changeling'.

"Right... If what Zulu says is correct than our great and power Alpha may be in danger." Steelclaw continued his speech, not missing a second. "My brothers in claws. We are returning to Equestria!" Steelclaw continued to roar. Zulu genuinely impressed by this dragon's leadership skills. "And this time, we will defend it!" Steelclaw finished, a roar and blast of fire coming as a response from the other dragons. Many of the dragons opening their wings and lifting off of the ground.

"Now every dragon move out!" Steelclaw ordered, opening up his own pair of large bat-like wings. Him launching into the sky.

"Hey, wait for me!" Zulu called up at the dragon army that had just formed above him.

"No offense Zulu, but what could you possibly do." Steelclaw called down to Zulu.

"This..." Zulu said bitterly. His warp staff crackling to live. The double green magic/fire blades crackling in the eerily peaceful air of Dragon Empire.

Steelclaw, along with many other dragons's, eyes widened at the double bladed spear that Zulu was magically holding in mid-air.

"Ok... you can come with." Steelclaw said to Zulu. A smirk appearing across Zulu's face.

"I already planned on it." Zulu said to the army of dragons above him. The Shadow Changeling warping into the shadows behind him. Zulu shadow traveling to Canterlot. The city becoming basically his second home.


"Is that all you got, Delta." Omega said to Alpha, intentionally using his brother's original name, just to increase his anger.

Delta about to explode in anger, opened his wings and launched into the sky.

"Ha, that won't work on me anymore." Omega gave a bone chilling laugh, opening his own bug-like wings. And launching into the sky after his brother.

The two titans collide midair, fury of claws and teeth later, and Omega was currently on top Alpha slamming him into the dirt ground. The action kicking up mounds of scorched earth from their battle. Despite Omega's wings being physically smaller than Alpha, the bug-like design gave them a better movability in the air.

"You have grown weak in my absence." Omega said as he slammed Alpha back into the ground.

Alpha roared more in annoyance than in pain, the constantly slamming into the ground of his brother doing far less damage than what the appearance of the scorched ground would show. Alpha then a blast of his golden fire at point blank range at Omega. The golden flames lapping at the weaken tissues of Omega's mouth, nose, and eyes.

Omega roared out in pain as the golden flames scorched the eternal of his left dead eye. The same scar that he had earned the first time the two brothers fought.

Alpha took advantage of his brother's reaction to pain and delivered a single blow from his right claws just below Omega's chin. The attack acting similar to an uppercut. The hit lifted Omega off of Alpha and into the air. Omega having to open his wings to keep his balance. But Alpha didn't stop with his claws.

Alpha, taking advantage of Omega's confusion, leap at his throat. Alpha's massive jaws clamping down on Omega's throat like a vise. Omega roared out in pain and launched his entire body into the sky. The sky turning from its normal blue color into a mix of red and black from all of the ash and flames that had been created by the two giant dragons. Nopony would disagree with you if you thought that this was the apocalypse.

"LET GO OFF ME!" Omega roared, swinging his head every which way. In a manner to shake Alpha off of him. Alpha's jaws only clamping down harder as a response. Alpha opened his own massive wings to help maintain his balance, and he soon would come to regret that decision.

The opening of Alpha's wings sparked an idea in Omega's head. Without warning Omega's jaw came crashing down on the upper section of Alpha's right wing. Alpha roared out in pain, letting go of Omega's neck. Red blood flowing out Omega's neck like a river.

Omega, with full movement of his neck return, increased the force of his bite one Alpha's wing. Alpha continued to roar out in pain until he felt a bone chilling snap.

Omega heard the snap to, letting go of Alpha's wing. Alpha plummeting toward the ground. Alpha landed on the hard on his back. His neck slowing turning toward his right wing. The upper section of wing bent at a strange angle. His right wing obvious broken. Leaving him unable to fly.

Alpha struggled to his feet. His brother continuing to hover overhead, him taking a twisted delight in his brother's pain.

"You seem to have also gotten dumber in my absence." Omega said down to Alpha, a twisted chuckle escaping his mouth.

Alpha let out both an annoyed and pain induced growl as he stared up at the smug look on his brother's face. Alpha slowly and carefully folding both of his wings on the sides of his aircraft carrier of a back. His broken right wing hanging slightly lower than his 'intact' left.

Alpha's thoughts then switched to an emotion that he never thought he would experience with his brother again. What was this emotion you may ask. The emotion of sadness.

"What happened to you, Omega?" Alpha asked Omega, his words surprised both Omega and himself.

"What?" Omega said in disbelief. His massive wings decreasing their flapping to just enough to keep him airborne.

"What happened to us?" Alpha asked both his brother and himself. Alpha words burning his inside worse than any dragon fire.

"You..." Omega fumbled with his words, trying to mount a comeback, but couldn't seem to find the words for. "You know EXACTLY what happened!" Omega roared. Small reflections of sunlight off from Omega's one red eye. Small reflections that Alpha could've sworn were tears. "HE chose YOU! OVER ME!" Omega roared, him sounding like he was on the verge of tears. Omega referring to when their mentor, the first Alpha, chose Delta over Omega to be the next Alpha.

"That doesn't matter..." Alpha began, trying to reason with his brother. Only to be interrupted by him mid-sentence.

"Nothing matters. NOTHING MATTERS! Everything matters!" Omega roared, his booming voice somehow increasing in volume. "YOU took what was rightly mine in the FIRST place!" Omega continued to roar at his brother. Alpha keeping a neutral expression, as his brother continued. "YOU RUINED MY LIFE!" Omega roared, his voice shaking, but still remaining powerful.

"What happened to you... brother." Alpha thought to himself. The weight of the fact that he was indeed fighting his own twin brother hitting him like one of Omega's claws. Alpha wanted to find a way to bring his brother back from the pit of hatred that he had fallen into so long ago, but he knew that no matter how hard he tried to bring back that brother that had saved him against an army of changelings. He knew that it would be worthless. So what was the point.

"I didn't ruin your life." Alpha said at Omega, his words burning him to the core. "You did that yourself." Alpha spat at Omega, his words causing his stomach to twist and twirl.

Alpha got the reaction he expected from his brother. Omega erupted into another fit of anger and blasted at full speed toward Alpha. The claws on his right foreleg wrapping around Alpha's throat as he slammed him hard into the ground. Another loud snap ringing through the air. The snap followed quickly by another flash of unexplained pain in Alpha's right wing, his wing completely shattering.

Alpha had to bite his lower lip to keep himself from roaring in pain. Only a minor groan escaping his mouth. Omega then bit down on Alpha's neck, his massive teeth piercing through Alpha's steel-like scales as if it was paper. Omega's cutting a deep gash into Alpha's neck as he lifted him into the air.

Alpha didn't groan as a response to the current teeth that were piercing through his neck. Omega, looking over toward Canterlot, had an idea flash into his mind. An awful idea. Omega got a wonderful... awful... idea."

"Canterlot, what a great place for our final battle." Omega thought, his mismatched eyes drifting down to his brother's, Alpha still held firmly in his jaws. Alpha on the verge of unconsciousness. "Just wait brother, soon you're wait will be over." Omega thought to himself, before taking off in the direction of Canterlot.


About a half an hour earlier, in Canterlot. Celestia was currently doing her best to explain Omega to both of Alpha's apprentices, Theta, and Sigma.

"So who actually is this... Omega?" Theta asked Celestia.

"Um... Omega is... Omega is..." Celestia began, trying to find the best words.

"Ugh! Omega is Alpha's brother!" Moon Dancer snapped. All eyes shifting toward the yellowish-gray unicorn.

"Come again." Theta stated, his eyes taking a concerning look toward Sigma.

"Ok, let me explain." Moon Dancer said, beginning to explain to ancient past of Alpha and Omega.

"Many years ago the land that would later earn the name of Equestria was ruled by dragons, and the leader of them all was the Alpha." Moon Dancer began explaining to the ponies and dragons in front of her. Theta and Sigma knowing a little bit of this story from old dragon legends and confirmations with their mentor. The Mane Six, on the other hoof, was hearing all this for the very first time. "This so-called Alpha had two apprentices. The apprentices going by the names of Delta and Omega, respectively." Moon Dancer continued, getting a few head nods from the others that she was currently telling the story to.

"Everything seemed to be going perfectly... at least, it was until... it happened." Moon Dancer said, getting a few confused looks from the ponies and dragons that she was talking to.

"It?" Twilight said in confusion.

"Yes it!" Moon Dancer said to Twilight bluntly. The purple alicorn taking a step backward. Her still having animosity toward the 'friend' that had abandoned her without as much as a goodbye.

"Never say goodbye, Moon Dancer. If you don't say goodbye than you aren't really gone. You just aren't here right now."

"Anyway..." Moon Dancer said, shaking off her snap at Twilight. "In the final breaths of the First Alpha he gave his alpha status onto Delta. Making him the Second Alpha." Moon Dancer continued to explain.

"And our mentor." Theta chimed in, sharing a look with Sigma.

"Correct." Moon Dancer said, slightly impressed by the smarts of the white dragon. "Omega didn't take the ascension of his brother very well." Moon Dance, a shiver going down Twilight's spine and wings at the mention of the word 'ascension'. Moon Dancer, seeing Twilight's discomfort, continued to press forward. "To make a long story short." Moon Dancer began, only to get interrupted by Rainbow Dash.

"Too late." Rainbow said, a yawn of boredom escaping her mouth.

Moon Dancer shot the cyan pegasus a death glare that could've rivaled one from all the other Princesses, combined. "As I was saying." Moon Dancer said bitterly, directly her words toward Rainbow."Omega and the newly crowned Alpha fought, ending in Alpha's victory and the banishment of Omega. Alpha was put under a sleeping curse by Princess Luna." Moon Dancer explained, a look of pain coming across Luna's face as she remembered putting her oldest friend in a death-like slumber for a millennia and a half. "And... you all know the rest." Moon Dancer said turning to leave.

"Where are you going, Moon Dancer?" Celestia called after Moon Dancer, the yellowish-grey unicorn coming to a halt.

"Getting my flank out of this city and I suggest you do the same." Moon Dancer said, closing the two double doors to the throne room behind her.

"Well... she's intense isn't she?" Rarity commented, getting a few head nods from her friends.

"I kind of like her." Theta said, getting a few strange looks from the others. "What?!" Theta questioned, getting a few mumbled words from their breaths.

"So... what now?" Twilight asked Celestia.

"I don't know, Twilight. I really don't know." Celestia said to Twilight. All eyes shifting toward the one of the many windows in the throne room. A roar from Omega attracting their attention, the screams of ponies in the city below growing louder as a response. This roar was different than the rest, and they soon came to find out why.


"ALPHA!" Theta cried out as he looked out the window. His mentor being suspended in the air by Omega's jaws. Alpha's large eyes closed.

"He's not dead... is he?" Twilight asked Celestia, her words shaky.

"I... don't know, Twilight. I don't know." Celestia said as the group of ponies and dragon stared at the scene in front of them. All unable to do anything.

Omega then swung his head around and threw Alpha out his mouth. The massive plummeting toward the earth. His massive body slamming into the ground and sliding to a stop. The entire building collapsing from Alpha's landing, either it being directly or indirectly.

Everypony and dragon were silent as all eyes were locked on the motionless body of Alpha. Everypony and dragon holding their breath. Just hoping that there would be at least some kind of moment of the massive dragon.

"Come on Alpha just move damn it. Anything, I don't care what it is, just move." Theta thought to himself.

Everypony and dragon gave out a sigh of relief as Alpha's massive boulder of a head began to lift independently off the ground. Alpha was obviously badly injured based on his badly bent right wing, but at least, he was alive.

All hope that might have existed died as Omega came in for a landing. Him not caring for the pony city under his claws. His massive tail destroying any buildings that were within range, and him igniting massive fires with from multiple blasts from his maroon fire.

Small tears forming in Celestia's pink eyes. The capital city of Equestria getting destroyed for the second time in less than a year, this time maybe for good.

"Get up! Get up!" Theta screamed internally as Omega inched closer. The blackened dragon making sure to treasure this moment, a moment that he had been waiting for fifteen hundred years to occur.

Despite Theta, and everypony else's wishes, Alpha didn't make any attempts to 'get up'. His massive body only raising to what seemed like only a few centimeters at a time.

Unknown to anyone else. Alpha wasn't slow to get up do to his injury all though those played a major factor. Alpha was slow to get up, because he didn't want to. He didn't want to continue this fight. He just wanted the fight to end, and if ending a battle against his own brother would cost him his own life then so be it.

"You gone weak haven't you brother?" Omega asked Alpha rhetorically as he slowly stalked his prey.

Alpha slowly rose to his feet his broken body shaking as he struggled to remain standing.

"You are pathetic Delta, all of those around believing that you are something special. Am immortal being that is invincible." Omega said to Alpha, only a few hundred yards away from the shaking body of his brother now. The terrified ponies and dragons inside the ruin and burning city looking on in horror. Them unable to do anything.

"But you know what Delta?" Omega asked Alpha, not expecting a response. But he got one anyway.

"What Omega?" Alpha said weakly, his voice hoarse and cracking.

"I am going to destroy that image that they have you. When I am done with you. You will be nothing but a walking wreck waiting for the scrapyard." Omega said to Alpha, the two brothers now face to face.

"You have already done that Omega." Alpha whispered to Omega, tears forming in his emerald green eyes. "Now get it over with!" Alpha roared.

"With pleasure." Omega said to Alpha, a devilish chuckle escaping his crooked grin. Omega then delivered one massive swipe of his claws across the right side of Alpha's face, just under his chin. The force of the impact making Alpha go falling into a large hotel in the city. The hotel designating when Alpha slammed into it.

"ALPHA!" Theta yelled, him not believing what was currently in front of him. "And thought my vision was bad. This is much... much worse." Theta thought, remembering the vision that he received when he helped Twilight defeat King Sombra and save the Crystal Empire.

"Get it over with Omega." Alpha said to Omega, his eyes struggling to remain as he tried absolute best to remain conscious. The red blood from his open gash in his neck flowing like a river.

"No..." Omega began, him having a much 'better' plan for his brother. "I'm not going to kill you Delta, that's just too easy." Omega said directly to Alpha, not paying attention to the mass of wing beats that was getting louder and louder.

"Theta look." Sigma said to his brother, pointing toward the sky. A giant of flying dragons forming across the horizon. Them looking like a massive cloud of rainbow colors.

"Then what will you do?" Alpha asked Omega.

"I'm going to make you suffer." Omega said, raising until his hind legs. His chest glowing a bright maroon color. Just before Omega could release his blast of maroon fire he was hit in the back of the head by a bright red fireball.

Omega roared out in pain and shifted his head toward where the fireball had come from, a massive of at least a few hundred dragons hovering above the ruined city of Canterlot. Them all pissed and ready to fire a full salvo at the massive dragon.

"Nice shot, Jewels." Steelclaw said to a gray dragon with a two bright red stripes going down his back.

"Thanks, but it's actually pronounced Jew-Els sir." Jew-Els said to Steelclaw, getting a confused look from the large red dragon.

"What's the difference?" Steelclaw asked Jew-Els, getting side tracked.

"SILENCE!" Omega roared his chest glowing a bright maroon. A small flame, in comparison to his body, beginning to build in his throat.

"Yes! Maybe we're all not going to die!" Theta exclaimed, holding up his forelegs in 'victory'. His hopes were immediately dashed by the next words that came out of Alpha's mouth.

"Get out of here." Alpha said to the mass of dragons that had formed above him. All eyes locking onto the wounded alpha, including Omega's, in a state of shock.

"WHAT!?" Everypony and dragon shouted at the same time.

"You heard me. Go, I'll be fine." Alpha said to Steelclaw, him knowing that he was the one that was leading of the group of dragons.

"But... Alpha we all came to help you." Steelclaw said, not believing the injured dragon that had given up was the same dragon that defeated an entire changeling army singlehandedly.

"I don't care." Alpha said, his words becoming quieter as his breathing began to slow and his vision beginning to blur.

"But Alpha..." Steelclaw tried to reason with Alpha.

"That's an order." Alpha roared, his voice raspy. His green eyes turning gold as he used the one power of crowned alpha dragon that he never wanted to use. The Alpha's call.

"Yes... Alpha." Steelclaw said defeated, him now having no choice but to obey his King's command. The dragon reinforcements retreating back to the Dragon Empire where they came from.


"Now with that out of the way. I can get down to the matter at hand." Omega said as he brutally picked up Alpha in his jaws and threw him toward the white castle that towered over the city. It somehow undamaged by the destruction around it. At least, it was.

"Lookout!" Celestia cried out. As Alpha slammed into the castle, his head slamming into the part of the castle where the throne room was located.

"Delta!" Luna exclaimed running over to her old friend, her teal eyes filling with tears.

"Alpha!" Theta ran over to his mentor, Sigma close behind him.

"Run." Alpha said to Luna and Theta weakly. His neck looking like it had just gone through a meat grinder, with his red blood staining the white brick of the castle.

"No! I'm not losing you again!" Luna cried through tears.

"I have been waiting a long time for this." Omega said as he slowing stalked toward Alpha. Taking a twisted delight in the heartbreaking scene that was unfolding in front of him.

"Luna we got to go." Celestia said, placing her hoof on her sister's shoulder.

"Go, I'll be alright." Alpha said to Luna weakly. The open wound in his neck making it difficult to breathe, let alone talk. Alpha perfectly well knowing that this might be his last moments.

The ponies left the throne room. Leaving only Theta and Sigma in the destroyed room. Theta getting a strange sense of deja vu.

"You have been abandoned, brother." The Omega said to Alpha, raising up on his hind legs.

"You can kill me Omega, get it over with already." Alpha roared up to Omega.

"No, I don't to kill you Delta, that's too easy. I want you to go through the exact same pain that I went through." Omega said to his brother as he fired his maroon fire at Alpha.

Alpha fired his own golden alpha fire at Omega and the two flames collided. "You have grown weak in my absence." Omega roared as his fire defeated Alpha's.

"Now to take what was supposed to be fine in the first place." Omega roared at Alpha as he literally sucked the alpha flame out of his brother. Alpha roared out in pain as the command over all dragons went with the fire.

"Finally!" Omega roared as his bug-like erupted in golden flames and spread to full length becoming more dragon than bug like. Omega let his first roar as the first roar as the new alpha, followed by a stream of his maroon that quickly warped into that of one golden flame.


"Alpha you need to get up." Theta pleaded with Alpha, not believing that his vision could, in fact, come true.

"No, Theta. My fight is over your's has just begun." Alpha said to Theta, Sigma taking a single step back. Alpha's giant green eyes closing as he finally succumbed to unconsciousness.

"His... his is dead." Sigma asked his brother, holding back tears.

Theta slowing put his claw to his mentor's nostrils, small but noticeable breaths coming out of them. "No, he must be just unconsciousness." Theta said raising to his feet.

"This is our fight now Sig. Are you ready?" Theta asked Sigma, a fire didn't even knew that he processed igniting within him.

"Theta, there are battles that are suicide, then there is that." Sigma said to Theta, pointing at Omega. The black dragon taking full use of his newly acquired powers. "There are just some battles you just can't win, and this is one of them." Sigma said, turning to walk out of the throne room.

"So you are just going to abandon him!" Theta called after his brother, small tears forming in his green eyes. Sigma coming to a complete halt.

"Yes Theta, and I suggest that you do the same." Sigma said to his brother, slamming the double doors of the throne room behind him.

More tears formed and flowed out of Theta's eyes, him the last part of his version. "No... Sigma is just being a prick. He would never." Theta thought to himself.

"I guess I will do this myself." Theta said to himself, hoping out of the hole that was created when Omega threw Alpha through the throne room.


"OMEGA!" Theta roared up to the giant dragon. Catching Omega's attention. The giant creature's head slowing toward Theta. Like it was a crane carrying a heavy load.

"What is he doing?" Twilight asked as the Mane Six watched in horror as the young alpha stared down the almost two millennia year old giant.

"He's getting himself killed." Sigma said without remorse as he continued to walk through the hallways. Him seriously contemplating his life choices.

"You have got to be kidding me?" Omega laughed as Theta challenged him. "Wait... you can't be serious. You a tiny baby alpha. YOU think that YOU can beat ME!" Omega laughed seeing that Theta was being, in fact, serious.

"I will defend my Alpha the either he or I die." Theta called up to Omega. Theta was not even believing that he was able to stand up to the giant creature.

"Oh... but I AM the Alpha!" Omega roared at Theta, a small laugh coming out of Theta.

"Not any alpha that I recognize," Theta said to Omega.

"Ugh... you WILL accept me. And just for that, I will make sure that you suffer!" Omega roared, swinging his massive tail around. Omega's whip of a tail hitting Theta directly in the side. Sending him flying through the air toward the castle. Him slamming through the stain glass window in the middle of one of the hallways of the castle.

"Theta!" Twilight called out, seeing where Theta had landed. The Mane Six running toward where had land. Them finding Theta on the ground struggling to his feet. Him cradling his right side with his foreleg. At least one of his ribs shattered by the attack from Omega.

"Theta! Are you ok?" Twilight exclaimed, rushing over to Theta's side.

"Yeah... I'm fine." Theta groaned, accepting the helping hoof from the purple alicorn.

"YOU WILL OBEY ME! AND I WILL INSURE IT!" Omega roared his one red eye turning to gold as his used the Alpha's Call. All of the non-alpha dragon in proximity becoming under his complete control. That including a certain baby purple dragon.


Spike instantly grasped at his skull, a voice that he had never heard before booming in his mind. "AHH!" Spike cried out.

"Spike are you alright?" Twilight asked her oldest friend. Holding a helping hoof. Spike protectively knocking it away. "Spike, what's wrong?" Twilight demanded from Spike. Her words filled with concern.

"Stay away from me." Spike groaned out in pain to Twilight, and the rest of the Mane Six. Theta took a quick look out the window to see that Omega's one red eye was, in fact, gold and he knew exactly what was happening to Spike.

"Everypony! Get behind me NOW!" Theta roared at the Mane Six. The Six ponies quickly retreating behind Theta for protection. None of them knowing what was happening to Spike.

"What is happen to Spikey-Wikey?" Rarity asked Theta, using her pet name for Spike.

"The Alpha's Call." Theta said simply, dropping down in a defensive stance. "Spike... listen to me. You can beat this." Theta said, trying to reason with the purple dragon. Despite knowing that reason wasn't going to work on a dragon under an Alpha's Call.

"No... No! NO!" Spike roared, his becoming deeper as he continued. His eyes shooting open, relieving his eyes to be blood red. The Mane Six, recoiling in fear.

Spike then went through a transformation. His body doubling, tripling, even quadrupling in size. To a point that he even rivaled Theta in size.

Spike..." Twilight tried to get a last word into Spike. Theta stomping his protective hind leg in front of the purple alicorn.

"Stay behind me." Theta said, preparing for battle.

"DESTROY THEM!" Omega ordered at Spike.

"With Pleasure!" Spike roared, his speech completely unrecognizable. The purple dragon charging at Theta. Theta equally Spike's action with his own charge. The two young dragon colliding in a fury of teeth, claws, and blood.

"Spike..." Twilight watched on in horror as Spike swiped Theta across the face with his claws. The dragon that she had hatched from an egg and raised the same way as a mother would their own foal, now turned into nothing more than a mindless beast for Omega.

Author's Note:

Alpha vs Omega Round 2, I have been waiting for almost a year to write this fight, and I hope you all like it.

Omega is new Alpha, what will do with his new powers, there is only one way to find out. Tune in next week when this really begin to heat up and the emotions get even more powerful.

The very last scene with Spike and Twilight was inspired by the scene with Hiccup and Toothless in How To Train Your Dragon II. You know which one I'm talking about.

Before you ask. Yes, Omega's wonderful, awful idea is a reference to "How the Grinch Stole Christmas."

"Never say goodbye, Moon Dancer. If you don't say goodbye than you aren't really gone. You just aren't here right now." Is an almost direct quote to Season 10, episode 22 of Red vs. Blue. If you have seen the show you will know what quote I am talking about.

Wow... it's been a long time since I've had a chapter where Moon Dancer plays a major role in it. It has also been a long time since I have had a chapter with Steelclaw.

PreviousChapters Next