• Published 8th Aug 2015
  • 2,986 Views, 146 Comments

The Tale of the Second Alpha - Bergen



Equestria, the vast land ruled by ponies. But this was not always the case. Long before the rule of the princesses Equestria was ruled by dragons the leader which was the Alpha. This is the tale of the Second Alpha.

  • ...
15
 146
 2,986

PreviousChapters Next
Returning to Equestria (Equestria Girls)

"Hmm... I have to admire your bravery, Twilight Sparkle. I don't know of many that would dare try to challenge me. Especially, someone without any magic." Sunset said to Twilight said as she fired another ball of magical fire at Twilight. The ball of fire going over Twilight's head and hitting the ground behind her. The ball ignited another section of the already engulfed grass of the front lawn.

"I might not have any magic, but I what I do have is more powerful than anything that you can throw at me." Twilight said to Sunset as she dodged another blast from her literal She-Demon rival.

"What, friendship!?" Sunset said sarcastically with a laugh. "You flatter me, Princess. But no matter how hard you might try, you will never be able to defeat me." Sunset said to Twilight as both of her palms glowed brightly with her teal magic again.

"I might not be able to defeat you Sunset, but there's no way that you can defeat all of us." Twilight said as she gestured to the rest of her friends. Twilight being quickly joined by the rest of her friends. Fluttershy still holding Spike protectively in her arms.

"Hmm..." Sunset scratched her lower chin in mocked taught. Sunset opening her newly required wings and launching into the night sky. "I've changed my mind about you, Twilight." Sunset said down to Twilight from her higher level. "I thought that you defiance was a form of bravery." Sunset said as her rage began to build deep inside of her again. "But now I see what you truly are." Sunset spat bitterly at Twilight. Sunset's rival, along with the rest of her annoying friends, all standing their grounds.

"You are an idiot, and I can't stand idiocy!" Sunset shouted as the teal magic in her palms continued to glow brighter and bright, as while as take on more and more black of a coloration.

"Now Die!" Sunset shouted as she charged up the magic the that was in the palms of her hands into one large ball of magical death above her head. Before throwing the ball of magical death directly at Twilight.

"Twilight!" All of Twilight's friends shouted as one as they covered their friend in a ball of protection with their own bodies. Sunset breaking into a fit of maniacal laughter as the six friends was consumed by the blast of magical energy. A mountain full of dust rising out of the ground at the impact. As the dust settled, however, the result was not as any of them had expected.

"What!?" Sunset said in shock as Twilight and the rest of her friends were all surrounded by an aura of pink magic. An aura of magic that worked as a shield against Sunset's attack. The six friends all surviving Sunset's rage without as much as a scratch.

Twilight was, at first, just as surprised as Sunset. Maybe even more so that she hadn't been turned to dust as she looked around herself to see the aura of pink magic that protected her and her friends' bodies from harm. The reason for them coming out of Sunset's attack unharmed being cleared to her.

"The magic contained in my Element was able to unite with those that helped create it!" Twilight said up to Sunset, a magical beam from the Element of Magic shooting out of the magenta gemstone and hitting Twilight and all of her friends.

The beam lifting and her friends into their air and they went forth going through their own transformations.

"Honesty!" Twilight said as Applejack took on a set out pony ears and her hair lengthened into a single long ponytail.

"Kindness!" Twilight continued with an echoing voice as Fluttershy followed Applejack as she gained her own set of pony ear and ponytail while also gaining a small set of yellow pegasus wings.

"Laughter!" Twilight continued as Pinkie followed suit of Applejack and Fluttershy as she earned her own pony ears and long ponytail. Pinkie jumping and squealing with joy at her new form.

"Generosity!" Twilight said as Rarity earned her own set of pony ears and a long elegant ponytail.

"Loyalty!" Twilight's voice echoed as Rainbow earn her own pony ears and long ponytail. Rainbow getting her own pair of blue pegasus wings, much like the wings of Fluttershy.

"Magic!" Twilight said as she followed her friends by gain a set of pony ears, a long ponytail, and a set of purple pegasus wings (her wings being double the size of Rainbow's or Fluttershy's). Twilight and all of her friends taking on their new magic anthropomorphic forms.

"Together with a crown, they create a power beyond anything you could imagine, but it is a power you don't have the ability to control! The crown may be upon your head, Sunset Shimmer, but you cannot wield it. Because you do not possess the most powerful magic of all: the magic of friendship!" Twilight said to Sunset as the six of her friends seemed to be feeding off of the power of the Element of Magic. The Element sending all of its magic directly to Twilight and charging up their own combined power.

Twilight and all of her forms locking hands and forming a large heart shape in the sky. Their connection of friendship making a large beam of rainbow colored magic shoot out of them and launch directly at Sunset.

"No!" Sunset screamed as her body was surround by the rainbow colored magic. "What is happening?!" Sunset screamed as her body was completely surrounded by the rainbow colored magic. There being a bright flash of magical energy as her body was forcibly changed by the magic of the very Element that she was currently wearing top of her head.

"Here and in Equestria, it is the only magic that can truly unite us all!" Twilight as the power of the Element of Magic played another flashing light show. All of the Element of Harmony sending a blinding flash of bright light that power enough to knock Twilight, all of her friends, and even Sunset unconscious.


"Ugh... what happened?" Sunset mumbled as she regained consciousness. Sunset being hit with a massive headache as she opened her eyes. She having to cover her eyes as she was might by the bright light of a room that she didn't remember being in before she got knocked out. Sunset laying on the white tile floor of a small room. The room being about the size of the janitor closet that she had used as her 'safe space' for the last few years. But instead of being filled with the shadows that she had come so accustomed to, this room was completely white and filled with light that seemed to be burning the skin of Sunset like napalm the longer that she remained there. The room was also windowless, which didn't seem to make sense as bright Light seemed to be coming into the room from everywhere, and doorless. The room being completely empty. Sunset having no clear entrance or exit in the small room.

"Where am I?" Sunset asked to no one in particular. Her vision still blurry and strained from the bright light of the seemingly empty room that she had found herself in.

"Welcome." Sunset heard a voice that she didn't recognize. Sunset eyes readjusting to the bright light of the room that she found herself in. A white hoof forming in front of her.

"Who are you?" Sunset said up toward where the strange voice had come from. Her vision still blurry and she could only see a few inches in front of her with complete clarity.

"Oh, Sunset..." The voice said down to Sunset in now seemingly familiar and motherly voice. "Don't tell me that you have been gone for so long that you don't even recognize your own mother." The voice said as the pony that it came from came into perfect view. The pony that was talking to Sunset being her mother, Princess Celestia. That was when Sunset realized something that she hadn't noticed before.

She had hooves.

Sunset was stunned she was back in her pony form, technically she was a unicorn again as Sunset could see a small amber horn poking out of the top of her forehead. How was that even possible? She hadn't gone through any portals back to Equestria. But there she was, sitting on the surprisingly warm floor of a small room that was filled with Light and in front of her mother.

Sunset turned her head around to see that she didn't just have hooves but also a small tail poking out her rear. Sunset's tail being in the same style as her mane with red and yellow streaks. Sunset's tail making it look like she had a raging fire coming out of her butt.

Sunset doing nothing more than just sitting on the white tile floor examining her new body in a state of confusion as it could've actually happened.

"Confused?" Sunset heard her mother appropriately ask her.

"Yeah... h-how is this even possible?" Sunset asked her mother as she continued to run over the fact she was back in her pony form again. The reason for the strange change still unknown to her.

"What do you mean?" Celestia asked her daughter, her question was slightly patronizing as she already knew exactly what was happening but she was just happy to being able to see her daughter again.

"It was strange." Sunset began to say to her mother. Celestia still seeming to be nothing more than a floating face in front of her. The rest of the white alicorn's body blending in so well to the white walls and bright lights of the small room that they were standing, sitting in Sunset's case, in. Celestia signature flowing mane of greens, blues, and pinks; the only thing that helped Sunset know that she was actually talking to anypony.

"One moment I was fighting against Twilight and all of her friends, and the next..." Sunset began to say before falling silent. Her memory of the moments before she was knocked out being fogging at best.

"What?" Celestia asked her daughter, urging her to continue.

"I don't know. I can't remember what happened just before I blacked out." Sunset said to Celestia. The amber unicorn genuinely not being able to remember the moments just before she was knocked unconscious.

"I see..." Celestia said to Sunset as she scratched her lower chin in deep thought.

"Follow me." Celestia said to Sunset as she turned around started walking toward the walls of the small room. A look of confusion spreading across Sunset's muzzle as she watched her mother trot away from her. The room had no doors, Tartarus it didn't even have any windows. How was she supposed to follow her if they would only end up hitting a wall?

That was when something even stranger happened. You see the very moment that Sunset was about to ask her mother how she was supposed to follow after her the small white room instantly transformed around Sunset into a long hallway. The hallway almost remaining Sunset of the halls of the Canterlot palace. The long hallway that seemed to go on forever keeping the same blanket of Light that the small had. The Light of the small room had, at first, hurt Sunset. The Light both burning her coat and straining her eyes. But now, it was different. She had adjusted. She was so used to the safety of the Darkness that surrounded her for so long that she had nearly forgotten just how safe the Light could be.

"What the?" Sunset said as rose to her full height. She felt even smaller, despite growing in stature, than before. The hallway must have done for than just lengthen the world that was around her. It must have also risen the room in height. In fact, when Sunset looked up at the 'sky' she could see anything that she could recognize as a ceiling. The 'sky' of the long hallway just white, there was no black anywhere. Out of curiosity Sunset also looked down at the ground and, to her surprise, she didn't have a shadow. There was no form of Darkness in this new room/hallway/world that Sunset had found herself in.

"Come on, try to keep up, my little Sunset. We have much to do and not much time to do so." Sunset heard her mother call to her. Sunset snapping out of her curiosity induced trance. Sunset breaking into a small sprint as she quickly caught up to her mother.

"What is this place?" Sunset asked Celestia.

"This place is the world of Pure Light. A place where the power of the Light is born and where the Darkness comes to die." Celestia said to Sunset, the young mare being reminded of a place that she read about in the Black Book. The book telling her of the room of eternal Light, a place that was seen as the greatest enemy of the Darkness. Not including the Elements of Harmony, of course.

Sunset also remembered another tidbit about the place that she had found herself in for reasons that she still didn't the reasons for. The place was rumored to not actually exist. The book explaining it as more of a place that person's brain creates while under great stress, and not actually physically real.

"So this place isn't actually real, it is just something that my own mind had created?" Sunset asked Celestia asked as she followed after her mother.

"Not necessarily." Celestia said back to Sunset as the amber mare trotting in-step with Celestia at her direct right.

"What do you mean?" Sunset asked Celestia as the two continued to trot down the long white hallway.

"This place might not be 'physically' real, but that doesn't mean that it still doesn't actually exist." Celestia said to Sunset. Sunset's brain beginning to hurt as she tried to decipher what her mother was saying.

"How can something be real, without physically existing. That doesn't make any sense." Sunset thought as she did her best to make any sense out something that seemed to be against any kind of logic. Sunset voiced her opinions to her mother.

"This place doesn't make any sense." Sunset voiced her opinions to her mo0ther. Sunset getting a small laugh from Celestia in response.

"True, but not all things in this universe have to." Celestia said to Sunset said as the two continued to trot down a white hallway that seemed to lead to nowhere.

"What that's the supposed to be, wisdom?" Sunset asked Celestia.

"You could say that, but we must hurry. We have much to do and not much time to do it." Celestia said to Sunset as she continued to down the bright lit hallway. Celestia not noticing that Sunset had stopped following her. Sunset instead staring out one of the windows of the hallway. The hallway having the same stained glass windows that the Canterlot castle used to have before it was destroyed by Omega during the Battle of Canterlot.

But didn't know that to her, this was what she expected to return if she went back to Equestria if she ever did. This place was her home for most her childhood. A home that she only ended up tearing apart.

That was when something both sad and depressing hit Sunset like a battleship at full broadside.

"What is home?" Sunset asked herself internally. Sunset might've had a place to stay for a night of rest in the human world. But that wasn't a home. If anything, the closest thing Sunset had to a home in the human was Canterlot High. A place that ended tearing apart. Just like her last home. That was what Sunset did, that was what she always did. The moment that she found someplace that she could make a home out of, the next thing would do was tear it apart until there was nothing left. That's what Sunset did, she didn't create. No matter how hard she tried. She couldn't create, only destroy.

This was about when Celestia realized that Sunset was no longer following her.

"Sunset, where'd you go?" Celestia said as she turned around she saw that her daughter had stopped and was currently staring into one the windows of the long white hallway.

"Mommy." Sunset said to Celestia while still staring into the pure white Light of the glass windows of the hallway. Celestia's pink eyes widening at her daughter's words.

"Mommy!" Celestia's brain shouted.

"What is it, Sunset?" Celestia asked her daughter as she trotted back to Sunset's side.

"Are you real, are you really here right now, or is this all just in my head?" Sunset asked her mother, a small smile spreading across Celestia's muzzle at her mother's question.

"Not in body, but I can sense that I am truly here, at least in mind." Celestia said as Sunset touched her mother's white coat with her hoof. Sunset taking a frightful step backward as her went straight through Celestia's body.

"This isn't possible." Sunset shook her head violently as she stared at the hoof that had just gone effortlessly through her mother's body.

"Nothing is impossible Sunset, remember when you went through a portal only to end in a completely different world." Celestia said to Sunset. the amber unicorn's movements coming to a halt as her head flushed with the memory of when she left Equestria and went into her own self-induced exile.

"Yeah, I remember." Sunset said sullenly as she turned her head away from Celestia and small tears formed in her teal eyes.

"Sunset, I didn't mean to..." Celestia began to say to Sunset, only to be caught off by her daughter's low words.

"I know... I know." Sunset said back to Celestia. Sunset letting out a heavy sigh as the weight of all the evil things that she had begun to press down on her. Sunset feeling like an elephant was standing on her chest as she begun to feel the real weight of all of the bad deeds that she had done in a surprisingly short life. Especially when you compare her lifespan to that of her mother's.

"It just hurts to think about all of the bad things that I have done in my life." Sunset said to Celestia depressingly.

"I know, my little Sunset." Celestia said to Sunset as she put her hoof on Sunset's shoulder. Celestia's hoof feeling like nothing on Sunset's shoulder. Sunset would've even have known that she was being touched if she didn't see her mother touching in.

Celestia's pink eyes then widened as a thought popped into her head.

"In fact, that is why you were brought here." Celestia said to Sunset, the amber unicorn's eyes widening at her mother's words.

"Come again?" Sunset said to Celestia in confusion.

"Do you remember what happened the day that you decided to leave Equestria?" Celestia asked Sunset, trying to drive the conservation toward her intended purpose.

"Of course, I remember what I happened that day. How could I forget ever something like that!?" Sunset snapped at Celestia.

"Hmm... I see." Celestia mumbled underneath her breath. "Do you think that you can tell me about what happened that day?" Celestia asked Sunset, switching tactics slightly.

"You know exactly what happened that day, you were there when it happened." Sunset said to Celestia, turning away from her mother in shame.

"I know, but I want you to tell it. I want to hear what on that fateful day, from your perspective." Celestia said to Sunset, her kind and warm words seeming to have been effective as the armor that Sunset had built up for most of her life began to slowly crack away.

"Fine, I'll tell you." Sunset said to her mother as she began to retell the story of the day that would end up changing not just her's but also her mother's lives forever.


Back in the past of Equestria, inside the bright halls of the Canterlot palace. Sunset was running as if her life depended on it, and in hindsight, it might have, through the halls of the white palace.

Sunset's lungs were burning and her small legs felt like they were about to fall off at any moment from exhaustion. But she pressed on. She had to if she didn't who knew what would happen to her. Sunset had just tried to kill Cadence. Even though Sunset didn't like it, Cadence was still a Princess of Equestria. If she was caught she would be charged with treason and attempted murder. There would be nothing that her mother could do. Celestia couldn't pardon her from trying to kill her own adoptive niece, and even if she did the amount of questions that would arise afterward would most certainly break the secrecy of Sunset being Celestia's daughter.

She was screwed, and she knew it.

Or was she?

Sunset knew of a portal, a portal that opened once every thirty moons or so, and stayed opened for another three. A portal that her mother had shown to here about a week earlier. A portal that led to another world. She knew that it was a long shot, but maybe, just maybe. She could flee. Flee and start over, maybe she would have a better life than she did before.

It was worth a shot and Sunset knew exactly where the portal was located, deep within the East Wing of the castle.

It didn't take long for Sunset to find the room that held the portal that she was looking for. Sunset using her teal magic to blast open the double doors of the room in question.

"Stay calm, Sunset. This is almost over. Soon everything will be alright." Sunset's brain shouted as she quickly scanned the room for the magical portal that she sought. Something that didn't take long as her teal eyes quickly fell on a full height mirror. The mirror being purple with pink gemstones that lined the base of the mirror. The surface of the mirror being made out of a reflective kind of a light blue crystal. The mirror might not have looked like much to the untrained eye, but to Sunset this was her ticket to her new life. A ticket that she was eagerly awaiting to punch.

The mirror being purple with pink gemstones that lined the base of the mirror. The surface of the mirror being made out of a reflective kind of a light blue crystal. The mirror might not have looked like much to the untrained eye, but to Sunset this was her ticket to her new life. A ticket that she was eagerly awaiting to punch.

To Sunset's delight, the mirror seemed to be active as the surface of the mirror was magically rotating in a small vortex. The mirror looking like a small hurricane of blue crystal and magic. Sunset trotting up to the magical mirror and touching her right hoof to the mirror's surface. A small ripple going across the blue crystal at her touch.

Sunset quickly retracting her hoof at the touch. Sunset closing her eyes and letting a heavy sigh as she the weight of what she was about hit her like a battleship at broadside.

"This is it, there's no turning back now." Sunset said to herself as she extended her again. Her amber hoof breaking the surface of the mirror and beginning to disappear into parts unknown.

Sunset's right hoof was almost completely through the portal when she heard a familiar voice call out to her.

"Sunset!" Sunset heard a familiar shout behind her. Sunset's movements coming to an instant halt. It was Celestia, her mother. Sunset quickly shut her eyes as she felt small tears beginning to form in the corners of her eyes.

"What are you doing!?" Celestia shouted as Sunset heard her hooves stomp loudly behind her.

Sunset kept her eyes closed and let the hoof that was inside the portal drop. The amber hoof returning to the land of Equestria. Sunset turning her head slightly toward where her mother's voice and movements were coming from. Sunset keeping her eyes closed as she couldn't bear to see her mother.

"I'm doing what must be done." Sunset said back to her mother as she fought back tears.

"Sunset, don't." Celestia said to Sunset, her words softer as she cautiously approached her daughter. Celestia knowing that ay any moment she could lose her forever. "This isn't how things have to end. There is still a chance that we can fix things." Celestia said to her distraught daughter. Sunset shaking her head violently no.

"You and I both know that isn't true!" Sunset shouted as she did a quick 180 and faced her mother directly. The corners of Sunset's eyes being red and puffy as she did everything she could to not shed any tears.

"Sunset please..." Celestia pleaded with Sunset as she took a cautious step forward, inching slightly closer to Sunset.

"Don't 'Sunset please' me!" Sunset snapped at Celestia. Sunset taking a subconscious step backward. The heel of Sunset right hind hoof breaking the surface of the mirror and disappearing into the portal.

"You'd be better off without me." Sunset said to Celestia as she turned back around and face the mirror portal that was behind her. The circling vortex of blue crystal driving Sunset forward.

Celestia wanted to stop her daughter, she wanted for her to come back to her. She wanted to hold her in her hooves and tell her that everything would be alright. But she knew that none of that was possible. If Sunset didn't leave what would end up happening to her would be much worse. Sunset needed to leave, as much as it hurt the both of them. It was truly the right decision. Maybe there would be a time when Sunset would be able to return and they would finally be able to be a proper family. No secrets, if that time would indeed come. Celestia would come out and tell the true. Sunset being her daughter would no longer be a secret. The entire world would know, and Equestria's enemies could be damned to a pit of Tartarus if she cared.

"Don't follow after me, it would just make this situation worse." Sunset said to Celestia.

"I won't, but what do you expect me to tell the staff, to Cadence?" Celestia asked Sunset.

"I don't know, mother. Tell them that I have and there would be no use sending a search party for me. Tell them that Sunset Shimmer has left and will never return." Sunset said to Celestia, small tears beginning to flow down Sunset's cheek.

"Will you ever come back?" Celestia asked her daughter.

"I don't know, maybe." Sunset said as she turned back around and faced the mirror portal. The portal being the literal passage to a new life for Sunset.

"Goodbye mother, maybe there will be a time when I can finally return to Equestria." Sunset said back to Celestia. "But I surely doubt it." Sunset said more to herself as jumped into the portal.

"Goodbye, my little Sunset." Celestia said as she watched her daughter run into the portal. Celestia reluctantly turning around and beginning to slowly walk away from the mirror. Celestia using her magic to close the door to the room that held the mirror portal. Celestia slowly walking the halls of the Canterlot castle. Celestia looking at the ground in shame and failure.

"What happened Tia?" The voice of Sunbeam made Celestia movement come to a halt. Celestia letting out a heavy sigh as she looked up at her former lover.

"Where's Sunset?" Sunbeam asked Celestia, hoping for any kind of good news. News that he didn't expect based on Celestia's body language, but he still hoped for with every fiber of his being.

"She's gone Sunbeam, our little Sunset is gone. And she isn't coming back." Celestia said pessimistically to Sunbeam as she slowly walked passed him and continued down the hallway. That moment being the very last time that Celestia had ever seen her daughter.


As Sunset jumped into the portal, that was when the magic happened. Sunset had to close her eyes as she was blinded by a flash of bright colored lights of red, greens, and blues. Sunset feeling her body change in ways that she didn't even know was possible. Whatever was happening to Sunset's body didn't last long as Sunset found herself falling face first onto the hard ground.

"Ugh... damn it." Sunset cursed as she groaned in pain.

"Hey, are you alright?" Sunset heard someone that she didn't recognize ask her. The voice was distinctly male from what Sunset could tell. The voice was also soft and brought peace to Sunset's body.

"Ugh... I think so." Sunset said as she opened her eyes. Sunset finding that she had landed on a patch of green grass. A far cry from the white tile floors of the Canterlot castle that she had grown so accustomed to. Sunset's gaze falling to a pair of hands that were in front of her. Sunset was curious as to why she saw hands until they closed when she thought about them. The hands being attached to her mind, and also her body.

"Need a hand?" The same voice asked Sunset. Sunset shifting her gaze away from the pair of hands that she had seemingly grown from her body. Sunset looking up to see a tall creature that stood on two legs above her. This strange creature allow had a pair of five-digited hands at the bottom of two long forelegs, Sunset believed they were called 'arms'.

This strange creature allow had a pair of five-digited hands at the bottom of two long forelegs, Sunset believed they were called 'arms'. The actual creature above her being dressed in a standard white T-shirt with a blue shield with a yellow lightning bolt in the center of the shield. The male creature also wearing a pair of light blue jeans with the same color of shoes covering his feet. The top of the boy's head having spiky blue hair. The boy's skin being similar to her own and having blue eyes.

Sunset feeling her eyes widen as she stared up at the spiky haired boy that was above her.

"Um... thanks." Sunset said as the accepted the hand from the spiky haired boy.

"You're welcome." The boy said as she helped Sunset to her feet. Sunset quickly losing her balance as she was used to standing on two legs. Her legs shaky as the moment that the boy had let go of her. The boy reaching out with his right arm and catching Sunset around the waist before she could fall flat on her face, again.

"You sure that you sure that you are alright?" The spiky haired boy asked Sunset out of genuine concern as he stopped her from falling flat on her face.

"Yeah, I'm fine... I just... lost my balance for a second... that's all." Sunset quickly made up a half lie as she quickly regained her balance. Sunset finding standing on two legs not as strange as she had originally thought it would be.

"Where am I?" Sunset asked the person that had just help her get to her feet.

"Wait, you don't know where you are?" The spiky haired boy asked Sunset. Sunset shaking her head no. "Interesting, you must be new here?" The boy asked Sunset.

"You can say that." Sunset said with a laugh as she looked behind her to see that she was standing in front of a large pedestal that had a large statue of a horse on top of it. The surface of pedestal functioning as an almost perfect reflective surface and Sunset was able to see her full new form. Sunset looking like a lot like the boy that had greeted her. Just a female version of it.

"Well, in that case, welcome to Canterlot High School." The boy with the spiky blue hair said to Sunset. The boy extending his arm to show off a large building that was in front of her. Sunset being able to discern from his choice of words that this place was some kind of school. Sunset also taking special note of the high school name of Canterlot. Maybe this place of some kind of alternate universe to Equestria. Maybe, she could learn every detail of this world later. She still needed to find her bearing in this place before she went through the trouble of picking apart all of its secrets.

"Oh, by the way, my name's Flash, Flash Sentry, but you can just call me Flash if you would like." The boy said to Sunset as he held out his hand in a manner similar to a hoof shake.

"What's yours?" He asked as he still held out an opened hand to Sunset.

Sunset just stood there in silence as she stared at the outstretched hand that was in front of her. She knew anything able the customs of this new world. Was this a sign of greeting and pleasantness or was it a sign of rejection and anger.

She assumed the former as the person still had a smile on his face as he waited for his handshake to be met. Unless in this world, smiles were also different then back in Equestria. Sunset doubted it and quickly followed spiky-haired boy's motions and opening her right hand and extending it toward him.

"My name's Sunset, Sunset Shimmer." Sunset said as she accepted the handshake from the spiky haired boy, Flash Sentry was his name.

"But you can just call me Sunset if you'd like." Sunset said to Flash with a warm smile spreading across her face as she stared into the boy's blue eyes. Sunset feeling the side of her cheeks heat up as she continued to stare at him. Sunset looking off in the corner of her left eye to see her reflection in the mirror-like surface of the white podium that was behind her. Sunset being able to see that her cheeks had turned a slight shade of pink as she stood in front of her new 'friend'. She was blushing. Why was she blushing?

"Pleasure to meet you Sunset, and you and if you are new here then you have arrived just in time." Flash said to Sunset, a look of confusion appearing on Sunset's face at his words.

"Just in time, just in time for what?" Sunset asked Flash, the boy's blue eyes widening at Sunset's question.

"Wow, you must be really new here." Flash said to Sunset sarcastically. A nervous and somewhat bitter laugh coming from Sunset at his words. Sunset wasn't used to getting sarcasm from people, she was usually the one that was giving sarcasm. Being on the receiving end of it was a different experience altogether.

"You have no idea." Sunset thought as she continued to listen to everything that Flash was telling her. Sunset's brain logging everything that she heard for later referencing.

"Today is CHS' annual freshman fair." Flash said to Sunset.

"A freshman fair?" Sunset asked Flash while raising one of her eyebrows.

"Yeah, it's something that the school puts on every year for all of its new students." Flash explained to Sunset in a tone of voice that was rather enthusiastic, maybe even a little too enthusiastic. Sunset's body tensing up as Flash wrapped his left arm around Sunset's shoulders.

"Calm down, Sunset." She thought as her gaze snapped to the arm that was currently wrapping around her shoulder. "Maybe this is normal in this world, there's no reason to be concerned." Sunset thought as she quickly snapped her attention back to what Flash was currently saying. Sunset not believing what Flash was doing was meant in a malicious or ill-intent. No, she could see that his actions were more of a sign of friendliness. Maybe he didn't even notice that he was making her uncomfortable.

"The principals say that they do it as a means of creating friendship between all of the new students. You know, to help build a sense of community among the student body." Flash said to Sunset, a sense of community sounding great to her right now.

"That sounds... nice." Sunset said to Flash as she squirmed her way out of Flash's single arm grasp. Even though she didn't see any malice behind Flash's actions, that doesn't mean that she still didn't feel uncomfortable by it.

Flash seemed to see his error, either it being intentional or not, as his happy expression left his face for a second. "I see..." Flash said with a certain degree of sadness in his voice. Sadness that seemed to leave the moment that he finished his sentence.

"Well, if you have any plans on attending CHS this year then join me over there in a few minutes and I could introduce you to some of my friends." Flash said to Sunset.

"I think that would a good idea, thank you." Sunset said to Flash as she looked off in the direction where he was pointing. Flash pointing at a group of other people that looked similar to him. Them all looking like they were happy and having a good time, with them all engaging in pleasant conservation and

"I just have a... few matters that I have to attend to before...hand." Sunset said to Flash, trying to find the best way to make him leave with sounding like she was mad at him. He had been nothing but nice and pleasant to her and she didn't want to ruin it. She had bucked one personal relationship, and she didn't want to buck up another. This was a new life for her and she was going to make the most of it.

"Go, I'll... catch up you with you over there later." Sunset said to Flash, the spiky haired boy seeming to accept her words as a happy smile spread across his face.

"Alright, I'll see you there." Flash said to Sunset as he broke off from her and started to walk toward where all of the others were talking and having the best of times.

Sunset taking the advantage of being alone for the first time since arriving in this new world and turning around to face the near perfect reflective surface of the podium that was behind her so that she could examine her new form in greater detail.

"So, this is the new me." Sunset said as she studied her new reflection in the almost mirror-like surface. Sunset having not a single doubt in her mind that this 'statue' was this world's version of the mirror portal back to Equestria. Sunset had seen her full body before, but this was the first time that she had been able to fully examine the true nature of her new form.

"Hmm... not bad." Sunset said as she ran her hands down the curves of her body.

Sunset wearing a yellow sweetheart top with a matching skirt that her cutie mark on the matching skirt that was positioned on the right side of her hip. Sunset also wearing a pair of black shorts that ended just above her knee along with a pair of black cowboy boots.

"Not bad at all." Sunset said in approval of her new form as she continued to study the form that she had found herself in. Sunset becoming more and more intrigued and happy with her new body. Sunset becoming particularly curious of a pair of spherical tissues that had grown in the center of her chest, about a half a foot above her belly button. The spherical tissues being squishy at the touch and being held up a piece of clothing that Sunset wore underneath her shirt.

Before Sunset could investigate her new body even further the sound of a someone talking to Sunset broke the silence that had surrounded her. The voice also almost giving Sunset a heart attack.

"You're new here!" A girl with a high-pitch voice said behind Sunset. Sunset's heart rate jumping at the sudden arrival of a new voice that she didn't recognize. The arrival of the new voice making Sunset jumped and turn a quick 180 to see who was speaking to her. "You're the girl that goes by the name of Sunset Shimmer." A girl with puffy pink hair and an almost scarily large smile on her face said to Sunset. The girl's words being more of a statement than a question.

"You're the girl that goes by the name of Sunset Shimmer." A girl with puffy pink hair and an almost scarily large smile on her face said to Sunset. The girl's words being more of a statement than a question.

"Um... yes." Sunset said cautiously to the strange girl that was currently standing in front of her. The girl's smile so how growing even larger at her words. "How do you know my name?" Sunset asked the puffy haired girl.

"Oh, this the bestiest thing that has ever happened in ever!" The girl exclaimed as she tackled by a massive bear hug. The force of the girl's unexpected hug almost being enough to knock Sunset to the ground.

"Um... thanks." Sunset said still in a state of pure shock as she quickly pulled out of the pink haired girl's death grip of a hug.

"I'm Pinkie Pie!" The pink haired girl exclaimed as she grabbed Sunset's right hand and shook it violently. "I have made it my mission to know everything about everyone!" Pinkie said to Sunset in speed that was simply inhuman.

"Um... I'm not sure that you want to do that." Sunset said to Pinkie, still in a state of both shock and confusion at an introduction to another person from this world. An introduction that can only be described as strange and completely logical. "I don't know if you want to have the burden of what has happened in my life on your conscious." Sunset said to Pinkie Pie depressingly. Pinkie Pie either not noticing or simply not caring at Sunset's words. The hyperactive girl's ear-to-ear smile remaining held solidly on her face.

"Oh, I already know everything about you." Pinkie said to Sunset Shimmer. Sunset's teal eyes widening to the size of oranges at Pinkie's words.

"What!?" Sunset exclaimed in shock.

"Yeah, I know that you are a pony princess from another world. But no one knows that you are a princess. Your mother, the ruler of this other world, kept you a secret as means to protect you. But you don't believe that want she did was as a means to protect you. You think that it was more of means to protect herself. And in your defiance of her, you found a book, but not just any book, a magical book. A book of very powerful magic, very powerful black magic. You used the magic of the black book and it only ended

Sunset just stood there in front of Pinkie Pie with her mouth agape. Sunset could almost feel her brain frying and explode at what this 'Pinkie Pie' was able to do, and what she was able to know.

"H-how did you know all that, I just met less than a minute ago." Sunset asked Pinkie in a state of complete shock.

"Just a hunch." Pinkie said with a shrug of her shoulders as she started to skip away from Sunset. Pinkie leaving Sunset completely flabbergasted.

"W-wh-what... what was any of that?" Sunset asked no one in particular as Flash walked back up to her and wrapped her arm around her shoulder. Flash covering his mouth to order to suppress a laugh.

"Come yourself Sunset, that's just Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie." Flash said to Sunset with a hardy laugh. "The more you try to question what she does, the more you are just going to confuse yourself." Flash continued to say to Sunset, but Sunset wasn't going to have any of his words. She was going to understand this new strange addition to her life.

"B-bu-but..." Sunset tried to form a rejection but just couldn't form any kind of a coherent sentence.

"Stop Sunset, you just going to end up hurting yourself." Flash said to Sunset with another small laugh.

"Yeah, whatever." Sunset said to Flash, submitting defeat.

"You know, my original offer is still valid." Flash said to Sunset, changing the subject.

"Sure, I'll right behind you, I promise." Sunset said to Flash as she felt her cheeks heat up again as she spoke. She was blushing again, why was she blushing?

"Alright, I'll see you a bit." Flash Sentry said to Sunset as he began to walk away from her.

"I look forward to it." Sunset said more to herself as she watched Flash

"This just might work out for the best." Sunset thought as she took one last look into the reflective surface of the pedestal before she followed after Flash Sentry. Sunset hoping for a life that would better than the one had she had left behind. A new life that sadly, would never come.


Back inside the pure white hallway that seemed to go on forever. Sunset had just finished telling her mother the story of when she left Equestria, from her perspective.

"There, I've told you what happened. You happy now?!" Sunset spat bitterly at Celestia as the two mares continued to trot down the long hallway.

"Much, now follow me." Celestia said to Sunset as she continued to walk down the hallway.

"I'm been following you for the last ten minutes!" Sunset shouted at Celestia. "What is it that you want to show me!?" Sunset demanded Celestia to answer.

"Just be patient Sunset, trust me. Everything will soon be worth it." Celestia said calmly. Celestia calm and collected demeanor just adding to Sunset's anger. Why was she so impossibly perfect at EVERYTHING!?

"No!" Sunset shouted at Celestia as she stared her mother down. "I demand to know! What is the point of this place and why am I here?!" Sunset demanded her mother to answer with a stomp of her hoof.

"You want an answer?" Celestia asked Sunset with a heavy sigh.

"I think I have earned and have deserved them." Sunset said up to Celestia while staring daggers through her mother.

"Then follow me." Celestia said as she turned her left and started to walk toward one of the windows of the brightly lit hallway. The window warping and turning into a separate hallway as Celestia approached it.

Sunset begrudgingly following after Celestia as she exited one long brightly lit hallway and into another one. This hallway being slightly different, however. The hallway actually ending with what reminded Sunset of an alter.

"What are you showing me?" Sunset asked Celestia as she felt a pit beginning to build in her stomach.

"I'm showing the reason that you were brought here." Celestia said without looking at Sunset as she stopped walking in front of the altar. Celestia's horn lighting up with her golden magic as she levitated six bottles of various colors in the air.

"Come again." Sunset said as she watched her mother create some kind of drink or potion at the alter. Celestia's large frame making so that it was impossible for Sunset to see any further.

"You will soon come to understand everything that you need to know." Celestia said seemingly randomly as she finished whatever drink/potion that she had been creating. Celestia levitating a large glass filled with a rainbow-colored liquid in her golden magic as she turned around to face Sunset.

"Now drink this." Celestia said to Sunset as she levitated the glass that was filled with the rainbow-colored liquid

"Um... is it safe?" Sunset asked Celestia with a hint of fear in her voice.

"That depends." Celestia answered Sunset with brutal honesty and a stone cold expression on her face.

"On what?" Sunset asked her mother. Sunset's fear toward whatever her mother was offering her to drink growing as seconds passed.

"On if you really want to change or not." Celestia said to Sunset.

"Change, change what!?" Sunset shouted back at Celestia, having been offended. Sunset taking a defensive step away from Celestia.

"If you are willing to change your life and reject all the Darkness that inside of you, then this potion will help you do that." Celestia said to Sunset, the amber-colored mare's eyes widening at Celestia's words. "But if you aren't, well, this might be a painful experience." Celestia

"How could a potion be able to forcibly expel all of the Darkness from my body?" Sunset asked Celestia, her words burning with skepticism.

"You would be surprised what the powers of the Elements of Harmony will be able to achieve." Celestia said to Sunset, the amber mare beginning to understand the true nature of the potion that Celestia was holding in her golden magic. The potion wasn't real, none of this world was real. That was when she remembered something important. Just before she blacked out and was sent to this land of eternal Light. She was hit by a blast from an Element of Harmony. The glass wasn't real, it was just the power of the Element of Harmony that had taken physical form.

"And if I refuse?" Sunset asked Celestia, she knew that she had been put in a corner. But if she was going to be taken down than she was going to go down fighting.

"You can, but you will not be able to leave this place until you drink this and accept it into your body." Celestia said to Sunset.

Sunset bit her lower lip as she stared up at the tall glass that was filled with the rainbow-colored magic.

"Fine, I'll take your stupid potion." Sunset said as took the rainbow-colored potion that Celestia was holding in her golden magic.

"Is that it?" Sunset asked her mother as nothing seemed to have happened.

"Just wait." Celestia said bluntly as she took a big cautionary step backward from where Sunset was standing.

"I don't know why you are so worried. I don't feel any diff..." Sunset began to say to Celestia. Sunset falling silent when she felt the muscles of her stomach tighten up and her body being hit by a massive rush of pain.

"Wh-what is happening to me!?" Sunset screamed in pain as she dropped to the ground. The muscles in Sunset's stomach tightening up as felt like she was about to vomit.

"Your body is currently having a war between both the Light and the Dark that is inside of you. Now you have to decide which will win." Celestia said down to Sunset.

"What did you do to me?" Sunset asked Celestia as tears of pain began to feel her eyes.

"I did nothing." Celestia said to Sunset softly as she kneeled down to her daughter's level. "This is just your body reacting to the power Element of Harmony." Celestia said softly as she kneeled a few feet away from where her daughter was currently having the most painful experience of her life.

"It hurts." Sunset cried as she threw up a black tar-like substance out of her mouth.

"I know it hurts, but that's the point." Celestia

Sunset's felt all of the muscles in her stomach tighten up and something slimy began to ride up her throat. Sunset couldn't hold back whatever was riding up her throat any longer and she vomited. A black tar-like substance flying out of her mouth and hitting the white tile floor of the ground with a loud 'splat'.

"Don't hold anything back honey, let it all out." Celestia encouraged her daughter as Sunset continued to vomit out the tar-like substance from her body.

"Mommy, please." Sunset pleaded with her mother for release as another orange-sized shot of the tar-like substance shot out of her stomach and hit the ground with a loud 'slap'.

"I can't help honey, as much I would want to. This has to be your struggle and yours alone." Celestia said to Sunset as she watched her daughter vomit out all of the literal Darkness that was inside of her.

Sunset's vomiting slowly, but surely, came to a halt and she wiped away the left over slimy substance that she had thrown up from her mouth with her left hoof.

"Are you alright?" Celestia asked her daughter with a soft voice.

"All things considered." Sunset said with a nervous laugh as she looked up at her mother. "Never better." Sunset said to Celestia and the two shared a short laugh. A round of laughter that came to a close when something unexpected made its presence known.

"You want to be rid of me." A deep voice seemed to come from the mounds of black tar that had been vomited by Sunset. The three blobs of tar that Sunset had ejected from her body moving independently and forming into a single mass of black slime. Two long slimy arms forming out of the tar monster and began to grow in size. Two large black eyes forming in the pile of black tar.

"You will never be rid of me." The monster spat at Sunset. Sunset hiding behind the large frame of her mother in fright. "You and I are the same, you are nothing without me." The monster continued as it began to move closer to Sunset and Celestia. The monster moving slowly with every throw of its arms. The monster almost looking like it was swimming across the floor of the white room

"You have no more power over my daughter!" Celestia shouted at the tar monster. The monster growling dangerously at Celestia. "Now be gone!" Celestia shouted as she fired a golden beam out of her horn. The beam piercing through the black body of the tar-like monster. The monster crying out in pain at the attack from Celestia.

"You will never be rid of me!" The monster screamed as it's body evaporated into the air. "Soon you will come to realize your mistake. And when you do, I will be waiting!" The monster screamed as the last of its slimy body evaporated into the brightly lit air of the room of eternal Light.

"Th-That was inside me?" Sunset asked Celestia as she struggled to regain her composure. Sunset, despite having literally vomited all of the Darkness out of her body, was beginning to feel better.

"Yes, but it is gone now." Celestia said as she embraced Sunset in a motherly hug. Sunset's hooves still went her mother's body, but she didn't care. She still felt her mother's warmth at her touch, and that was enough for her. Sunset had no idea how much she missed her mother until that moment. How much she missed her warm touch, her soft voice, her knowledge and wisdom that was earned from a long life and many hardships. She missed her mother, her real mother. This shadow of her mother wasn't enough for her. The single picture that she had of the both of them wasn't enough anymore. She wanted her mommy, she wanted to finally be able to call her mommy in public and not give a damn what the consequences of doing so would be.

She wanted her mommy, and at that moment she had made up her mind. She was going back to Equestria, in one way or another. And she would gladly accept any form a punishment by doing so.

Sunset pulled out of the hug with her mother and stared up at her. Sunset feeling the sides of her eyes watering as she spoke with a knot in her throat and a pit in her stomach.

"I love you, mommy." Sunset said lovingly to Celestia.

"I love you too." Celestia said affectionately to Sunset.

"What is happening?" Sunset asked her mother as her hooves began to become translucent.

"You are returning to the real world, and hopefully this time around things might be a little different." Celestia said as the white room began to crumble around her.

"Will I ever see you again?" Sunset asked her mother with desperation and fear in her voice.

"I don't know honey, but whether or not you want to return to Equestria is ultimately your decision." Celestia said to Sunset with tearing eyes.

"I will! Trust me, I will!" Sunset shouted as the image of her mother, along with everything else in the room, began to fade. And then she was blinded by a bright light and then nothing.


Back in the present of the human world, Twilight and all of her friends were able to use the power of the Element of Magic along with their own magic of friendship to defeat the demonic version of Sunset Shimmer. However, the power of the Element of Magic was so powerful that it Twilight, her friends, and even Sunset unconscious.

"Ugh... what happened." Twilight said groggily as she remained conscious.

"Twilight!" Zulu exclaimed as he rushed to her marefriend side. Twilight rubbing her forehead as she sat up. Twilight shaking her head in a manner to get all of the cobwebs out of her system.

"Are you alright?" Zulu asked Twilight.

"Yeah, I think so." Twilight groaned as she let Zulu help her to her feet.

"Wow! What happened here?" Twilight said as she finally realized just how much damage their attack on Sunset actually did to the world around them. The attack being powerful to dig a solid ten-foot crater into the ground exactly where Sunset had been standing, or floating to be technical. The unconscious body of Sunset laying at the bottom of the crater.

"That's what happens when a demon is surrounded by a small wave of rainbow colored magic."

"Is everybody else alright?"

"Yeah, I think so." Twilight heard the voice of Fluttershy behind her. The rest of Twilight's friends looking to be alright, aside from a few minor scrapes and bruises.

"What about Sunset?" Twilight asked all of her friends.

"What about her?" Rainbow said bluntly with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Ugh..." The groggy voice of Sunset came from the crater as she regained consciousness. All eyes focusing on the bottom of the crater as Sunset's body moved slightly as she tried to get up.

"You will never rule in Equestria. Any power you may have had in this world is gone." Twilight down at Sunset as she stood at the edge of the crater. "Tonight, you've shown everyone who you really are. You've shown them what is in your heart." Twilight said down to Sunset as the weakened teen at the bottom of the crater. Twilight words being bitter and full of venom spitting. Sunset couldn't blame her rival for her actions. She had just tried to kill her, and just her but also all of her friends. Not just in this world, but in Equestria as while. Twilight had all the reason to hate her. But Sunset had already made up her mind, she wasn't going to be an agent of Darkness anymore. She would no longer allow the power of Dark to control her action anymore. No, now she was going to be an agent of the Light, an ally of Friendship. And she knew the perfect Princess to learn from.

"The magic of friendship doesn't just exist in Equestria. It's everywhere. You can seek it out, or you can forever be alone. The choice is yours." Twilight continued to speak down at Sunset as she turned her back away from Sunset. Twilight believed that her Element of Harmony and the Magic of Friendship that she held with her friends was enough to reform Sunset, but she still didn't now the exact of Sunset's reformation.

"Wait!" Sunset called out to Twilight. Twilight doing a quick 180 to see Sunset climbing out of the crater. Sunset slowly climbing to her feet and walking up to Twilight.

"Thank you." Sunset whispered to Twilight as she embraced her in a small hug.

"Um... Sunset, are you alright?" Twilight cautiously asked Sunset, all of her friends being currently on edge as the former She-Demon was currently in a bear hug with Twilight.

"Oh, Twilight." Sunset said with tears in her eyes. "I'm have never been better." Sunset said as she pulled out of the hug that she was having with Twilight. Sunset turning around to look at the destruction that her battle with Twilight and her friends.

"Wow, I did all of this?" Sunset asked no one in particular as she examined the path of destruction. Sunset first taking notice that her small battle with Twilight hadn't gone unnoticed by the students of the high school. Most of them standing on the front lawn or just inside of the school.

Most of the students sending death glares her way, all expect one. One of them was sending a look that more of one of pity Sunset's way.

"Sunset, I hate to ask this, but have you really changed? Have you truly abandoned your evil ways and are you willing to accept the Magic of Friendship. Or is this just another con that you are playing on me, just like all of the other cons that you have played on the students of this school?" Twilight asked Sunset, catching the fiery-headed teen's attention. Sunset didn't turn around to face Twilight. Sunset's gaze instead falling on the spiky blue hair of the only person in this world that she genuinely considered a friend of hers. A small smile spreading across Sunset's face as she answered Twilight's question.

"Twilight, you have all the reasons in just this world but also Equestria to not believe me when I say that I have changed." Sunset said with a smile as she turned to face Twilight directly. "But I can assure you, that with your help, I have." Sunset said to Twilight with complete certainty in her voice.

"I believe her." The voice of someone that Twilight had, not intentionally, almost forgotten about broke the silence of the night air.

"Theta!" Twilight exclaimed as she rushed over to the wounded husky side. The white husky still laying down on the ground next to the portal that led back to Equestria. Sigma being nowhere to be seen. "Rarity do you have any fabric that I can use to wrap Theta's leg?" Twilight asked Rarity. The young fashionista nodding her head affirmatively.

"Of course, darling. I always have extra fabric, just in case of emergencies." Rarity said to Twilight said as she ran off to the black limo that the six friends had arrived in, to begin with. Rarity searching through the contents of the car until she found what she was looking for. A small purple bag that held all of her extra fabric.

"Here, this should work." Rarity said to Twilight as she pulled a long strip of fabric that was about two feet long out of her bag and handed it to Twilight.

"Thank you, Rarity." Twilight thanked Rarity as she began to wrapped the purple fabric around the "Theta, what happened to Sigma?" Twilight asked Theta, the black husky being nowhere in sight. Sigma having simply disappeared into the Darkness of the night.

"I don't know." Theta answered as Twilight finished wrapping the small swing around broken foreleg. "He must have seen the six of you defeat Sunset and took the hint and fled." Theta said as he rose to his feet. His cradled leg hanging about a foot above the ground.

"I'm sorry, Theta." Sunset said to Theta as she walked up to where they were standing around the wounded dog. "I don't know what came across me. I guess I just let my anger and jealousy take over me and you just happened to be one of the ones that were in the way toward a goal that I have no intention of continuing." Sunset said as she kneeled down to Theta's level. The white husky nodding his small head at Sunset's words.

"I believe you, Sunset. I have seen what the Darkness of the world can do to those that have embraced it into their hearts first hand." Theta said to Sunset with a genuine smile on his muzzle. Theta speaking of his twin brother, Sigma.

"I used to believe that once someone fell into the Darkness, there was no way that they could find their way back into the Light. But you proved me wrong." Theta said to Sunset as the two embraced in a soft hug.

"Do you think that Sigma could ever come back to the Light like I did?" Sunset asked Theta in a small whisper.

"I honestly don't know Sunset, but you have given some hope for the better." Theta whispered back to Sunset as memories of when he and Sigma played together when they were both just kids. Moments that Theta surely hoped to be able to see and experience in his life.

"You're welcome Theta." Sunset whispered back to Theta as she pulled out of her light hug with the white husky.

Theta, Sunset, Zulu, Twilight, Spike, and all of Twilight's friends being joined by the rest of the student body. The student body was still a little cautious around Sunset, she didn't blame. She had just made most of their life a living pit of Tartarus, or as the people of this world called it 'a living hell'.

"Well, I don't know about you guys but I think it is the time that we return home." Spike said.

"I gotta agree with you on that one, Spike." Theta said in response to Spike's words. Theta having to hop every time that he moved.

"Did those dogs just talk?! Whoa. Weird." A beefy teen that must have been on the school's football team asked at the strange ability of Theta and Spike had to speak fluently.

"Seriously?" Theta and Spike both said as one in disbelief.

"The talking dogs are the weird things about all this?" Theta asked the beefy teen pointing his cradled leg at all of the destruction that had been caused by Twilight and Sunset's battle. The teen just shrugging his shoulders.

"I, for one, think you're adorable." Rarity said as she picked up Spike and began to scratch his belly.

"Oh, yeah." Spike panted as Rarity scratched his belly.

"I believe this belongs to you." Sunset said to Twilight as she picked the golden crown of the grassy ground from where it had fallen off of her head. Sunset handing the back to its rightful owner, Princess Twilight Sparkle, willingly.

"A true princess in any world leads not by forcing others to bow before her." Sunset said to Twilight as small tears began to form in her eyes. "We have all seen that you are capable of just that. I hope you see it too, Princess Twilight."

"I do." Twilight said as she embraced her former rival in a tight hug.

"Sunset?" Twilight asked Sunset catching the fiery headed teen's attention.

"Yes, Twilight?"

"You know that you could come back with us. Back to Equestria, return home. I would be happy to have you meet the rest of my friends, be able to learn about the Magic of Friendship, from me."

Sunset's smile wavered for a few seconds before disappearing completely. Sunset knew that she wanted to return to Equestria, she knew that she wanted to finally be reunited with her mother.

"C-can I get back to you on that in a few minutes." Sunset said to Twilight as she pulled out of the hug that she had wth her.

"Um... sure Sunset. Take all of the time that you need. None of us will leave until I get an answer from you. I believe that Princess Celestia would really enjoy being able to see you again." Twilight said, not knowing the full meaning behind her words.

"Thank you, Twilight, and you have no idea." Sunset said to Twilight as she turned around started walking toward the only person in this world that she honestly cared deeply about.

"Um... Flash... can I talk to you for a second?" Sunset asked her former boyfriend. Flash Sentry standing off in the distance, away from everyone else.

"Sure, you can do whatever you want Sunset." Flash said bitterly and sarcastically to Sunset. Flash beginning to walk away from Sunset and everyone else. Flash walking toward where the main gym of the high school.

"What's wrong, Flash?" Sunset asked Flash as she chased after him.

"What's wrong, what's wrong Sunset!" Flash shouted as he turned to face his former girlfriend. "Look that this, all of this!" Flash shouted as he waved his hand across the path of destruction that had been caused by Sunset's small battle with Twilight. The scorched grass from the fire that was caused by Sunset and, not to mention, the massive crater that was in the middle of the high school's front lawn.

"B-but I've changed." Sunset said to Flash as a knot began to build in the bottom of her throat and her stomach.

"Have you, Sunset?" Flash bitterly asked Sunset.

"Flash please." Sunset pleaded with Flash.

"Don't please me Sunset!" Flash shouted at Sunset. "Admit that the only reason that you dated me was a bid to become more popular and continue to run this school with an iron fist?" Flash bitterly and sarcastically asked Sunset.

Sunset opened her mouth to answer Flash's question, but when she tried to come up with anykind of response she just... couldn't. She couldn't tell Flash anything, he was right about her. He was right about everything. She really had just dated him in order to become more popular and in turn gain more power.

"That's what I thought. You just used me like you used everyone else here." Flash said to Sunset when she couldn't come up with anykind of response.

"I-is this truly what you feel?" Sunset asked Flash as she fought back tears.

"It is and you want to return to this Equestria than be my guest. I won't stop you." Flash said with absolute in his voice to Sunset as he turned around and started walking away from her.

"I love you!" Sunset called after Flash, she couldn't believe what was happening. Flash's movements coming to a halt.

"I used too, Sunset." Flash said to back to Sunset without turning to face her. Flash then continuing to walk away from Sunset as if she wasn't even there.

"If that's how you feel, then there's no longer any reason for me to stay here." Sunset said to herself as she fought back tears. Sunset doing a slow turn and slowly walking back toward where Twilight and the rest of her friends were located. Twilight currently saying her final goodbyes to all of her friends. Zulu, Theta, and Spike eagerly waiting for Twilight to finish. Some more impatiently than others, most Theta. Yeah, mostly Theta.

"Sunset, you're back!" Twilight exclaimed as she saw Sunset walking back toward her. Twilight not noticing the slight redness of Sunset's eyes, at least not at first.

"Sunset, are you alright?" Twilight asked Sunset the moment that she noticed the fiery-headed teen's distress.

"I'm fine, Twilight." Sunset lied as she quickly wiped away any tears that might have still been on her cheeks.

"Alright..." Twilight said quietly to Sunset, she could see the distress on Sunset's face but she didn't press. Sunset had just decided to give up her evil ways and she didn't want to open any recently closed wounds and risk having Sunset relapse. Twilight could that Sunset had made her mission to do better and she didn't want to jeopardize it.

"So... have you made your decision Sunset?" Twilight asked the fiery headed teen. "Not that I want to make it sound like that I am forcing you to leave or anything." Twilight quickly added. Sunset didn't look good and based on past experiences she knew that it was not the best idea to force anyone in doing anything that they weren't willing to do.

"I know, I know." Sunset said quietly. "And yes, I have made my decision." Sunset said to Twilight. Twilight's eyes lighting up at Sunset's words.

"You have!" Twilight exclaimed, maybe a little bit more enthusiastically than she had intended.

"Yes, and..." Sunset said to Twilight as she gave a slight a pause. Sunset still weighing the pros and cons of leaving this world and returning to Equestria in her head as she spoke.

"Yes, Sunset." Twilight urged Sunset to control.

"I have decided to... follow you back to Equestria." Sunset said to Twilight, her former rival's purple eyes widening at Sunset's words.

"Really, you going to come back with us!?" Twilight squealed in delight. Sunset nervously laughing at Twilight's actions.

"Yeah... I'm coming home. No matter what the consequences of me leaving might be."Sunset said to Twilight.

"In that case." Twilight said as she turned around to face the rest of her friends. "I think it is time for us to go." Twilight said to rest of her friends. Theta's ears perking up at Twilight's words.

"About damn time, I can't stand being this easily breakable body any longer." Theta said as he slowly hopped over toward the portal the led back to Equestria.

"Are you that ya can't stay here a little while longer?" Applejack asked Twilight.

"I am afraid not." Twilight said to Applejack as she shifted her gaze over to her coltfriend, Zulu.

"And we aren't coming alone." Twilight said to Zulu, a look of confusion appearing on his face.

"Wait, are you saying that we can come with you!?" Pinkie squealed in excitement.

"Not exactly Pinkie." Twilight said as she covered her mouth to suppress a giggle. Twilight looking back at Sunset, who was currently rubbing her right elbow awkwardly.

"She's coming with us?" Zulu asked Twilight.

"Yes, she is coming with us." Twilight said to Sunset with complete certainty in her voice, leaving no room for an argument.

"If you say so, Twi." Zulu said to his marefriend with a shrug.

"Well, I think it is about time that you go home." Twilight, as she could sense their welcome was beginning to become strained, plus they were still on a time limit.

"I'm waiting on you people." Theta called back to Twilight as he was currently sitting in front of the portal back to Equestria.

"Will you all ever come back?" Fluttershy asked Twilight.

"I don't know Shy..." Twilight said to Fluttershy as she looked back at where Zulu, Sunset, Theta, and Spike were standing. "But I would never rule anything out." Twilight said to Fluttershy as she turned her attention back to the pink-haired teen. A warm smile spreading across both of their faces.

Twilight began to walk toward the portal that led back to Equestria. Twilight's movements coming to a halt when she realized that she wasn't being followed by Sunset.

"Are you coming with us, Sunset?" Twilight asked Sunset.

"You go ahead Twilight... I'll be right behind you." Sunset said to Twilight.

"Alright, I'll tell you when it is time to through the portal." Twilight said to Sunset as she rubbed the fiery headed teen's elbow reassuringly.

"Thank you." Sunset whispered to Twilight as she shared a short hug with her former rival.

"You're welcome Sunset." Twilight whispered back to Sunset as she turned around and walked over toward where Zulu was standing. The couple interlocking hands as rejoined.

"You ready, babe?" Zulu asked Twilight as he lightly kissed her on the cheek.

"Always." Twilight whispered back to Zulu as she planted a short but passionate kiss on Zulu's lips.

"While, mares first." Zulu said to Twilight with a sly smile on his face.

"Oh, why aren't you such a gentle colt." Twilight sarcastically said to Zulu as she broke the locking of their hands as she walked closer to the portal back to Equestria.

"While I do my best." Zulu said back to Twilight with a small shrug of his shoulders.

"I'll see you on the other side, Zulu." Twilight said to Zulu as one of her hands began to poke through the portal's surface.

"I'll see you there." Zulu said as he watched his marefriend's body completely disappear into the circling vortex of the portal back to Equestria. Twilight sending Zulu one sly look before disappearing into the spiraling vortex.

"Alright, you ready Theta?" Zulu asked the white husky that was currently standing on three legs next to him.

"I've been ready for the last two days Zulu, trust me." Theta said as he wobbled into the portal back to Equestria.

"I expected nothing less Theta, nothing at all." Zulu said as he followed after Twilight and Theta into the portal back to Equestria.


Back in Equestria, all of Twilight's friends back in Equestria, the three remaining Princesses, The Alpha, and Shining Armor were eagerly, and impatiently, waiting for the return of Twilight and the others. Rainbow currently pacing or limbing to be technical, in front of the mirror portal as means to not go insane from the stress of waiting and not being do anything in order to bring Twilight back home.

"Do you think she's really coming back, the portal's going to close at any moment?" Cadence distressingly asked Celestia.

"Luna, how much time does Twilight and the rest have left?" Celestia asked her little sister. Luna's horn lighting up with her dark blue magic and a small bubble of magic appeared out of thin air. The bubble showing the current status of the moon. The white ball in the sky slowly raising higher and higher in the sky as Luna stared into it. She knew the moon better than anypony. She could narrow down the amount of time that portal would stay open to the second with ease.

"She has one hour, ten minutes, and twenty-two minutes." Luna answered almost automatically.

"I just hope that's going be enough time." Cadence said with the same amount of distress in her voice as before.

"Don't worry Cadence, this is Twilight that we are talking about." Shining Armor said reassuringly to his beloved wife.

"I know what you are saying Shining, but you don't what somepony like Sunset is truly capable of. I do." Cadence said to her husband. Celestia's muscles tightening up at the pink alicorn mentioning of her daughter in an unpleasant manner. Celestia didn't really blame Cadence for her uneasiness when it came to Sunset, but she was at least hoped that she would've been able to forgive her for her mistakes.

Everypony quickly became quiet as the mirror's surface began to turn in circles and bright lights began to be emitted from the mirror's surface.

"Somepony's coming through!" Luna announced when she noticed the mirror's behavior.

"Is it Twilight, Princess?" Fluttershy asked Celestia.

"There's only one way to find out my dear, but be prepared it is still a possibility that it is... somepony else." Celestia said to Fluttershy. Celestia's emotions being torn in two during that moment. Celestia being torn between her want to see her star student and the fourth crowned Princess of Equestria safely turning to Equestria. While at the same time being torn apart by her need to finally see her daughter and the true heir to the land of Equestria.

The surface of the portal continued to spin as the bright lights that emitted from it began to grow in intensity. But a hoof began to poke through the surface of the mirror. The eyes of everypony lighting up as the hoof was a lavender color. The hoof being quickly by an elbow, then a full leg, then a shoulder, then a horn, then a head, the body of Twilight being quickly coming out of the mirror until her entire body exited from the mirror. Twilight standing on her hind legs before falling down on her four hooves.

"Wow! I never thought I would miss being on four hooves again." Twilight said sarcastically as she entered.

"Twilight, you're back!" Pinkie exclaimed as she tackled the purple alicorn to the ground.

"I missed you too, Pinkie." Twilight said to Pinkie with a hardy laugh as she accepted a tight hug from the party pony. The rest of Twilight friend's back in Equestria joining Pinkie in a massive group. Twilight noticing that Rainbow's right wing was wrapped in a protective gaze again. Twilight swearing that she remembered that Rainbow's wing wasn't wrapped when she left Equestria. Twilight found the occurrence strange, but she didn't openly question it. She had bigger issues to deal with at the moment.

Twilight being quickly joined by the likes of Theta and Zulu.

"Oh, it feels good to be back." Theta groaned as he took delight in returning to his dragon body. The portal seeming to also have some kind of healing properties as Theta recently broken foreleg had been amazingly healed and back to perfect working order.

"What about Sunset Shimmer, is she safe? What happened to my former student?" Celestia asked Twilight. Twilight quickly breaking out the hug with her friends, she could tell just from Celestia's voice that the matter of Sunset Shimmer was important to her. The true nature of which being unknown, but that didn't matter.

"That's the thing, Princess." Twilight said slyly to Princess Celestia.

"What are you talking about Twilight?" Celestia asked Twilight in a state of confusion.

"Give one moment." Twilight said to Celestia said as she turned back around and trotted back toward the mirror portal that led back to the human world. Twilight trotting up to the magic portal and poking her head through the surface.

"Sunset, it's time." Twilight said to Sunset as she poked her head through the portal. The fiery-headed teen still standing patiently in front of the mirror back to Equestria. Sunset's legs shaking slightly in the late night breeze from both the wind and her nervousness.

"Alright, thank you Twilight. Thank you, for everything." Sunset said gratefully to Twilight.

"You're welcome, Sunset." Twilight said to Sunset with a happy smile on her face.

"Twilight, what are you planning?" Celestia asked Twilight in a state of confusion.

"Just wait, Celestia, I'm certain that is going to be something that you are going to enjoy." Twilight said to Celestia as she turned her head slightly to see the mirror portal just out of the corner of her right eye.

"Alright, I trust you Twilight." Celestia said as the surface of the portal began to circle and the beginning of an amber colored hoof began to poke through its surface.

Back on the other side of the portal, Sunset was still standing just in front of the human world's entrance. Sunset's left hand poking through the portal up to her knuckles.

"Come on, Sunset. You can do this." Sunset said to herself as she took in a deep breath. "Alright, let's do this." Sunset breathed out a heavy sigh as she entered the mirror, her returning to her homeland of Equestria for the first time in years.

Back in Equestria, the surface of the mirror portal began to circle as Sunset's body entered the vortex on the other side. A bright light coming from the mirror as Sunset's body entered through the portal back to Equestria.

"What is the meaning of this Twilight, what happened to Sunset?" Celestia asked Twilight, the white alicorn's anger beginning to build.

"Just wait, Princess, trust me everything will be worth it." Twilight said to Princess Celestia.

Celestia accepted Twilight's words and shifted her attention back to the mirror portal, and she was glad that she did as another hoof began to poke through the mirror surface. This hoof being different than that of Twilight. This hoof wasn't purple, or even black to match Zulu's. No, this hoof was color to an amber color.

Celestia knew exactly who the hoof belong to the moment that she saw it, and she couldn't stop herself from beginning to build tears in the corners of her eyes.

Sunset's amber hoof being quickly followed by her leg and eventually her entire body. The amber-colored unicorn mare exiting the mirror and returning to Equestria. The amber being met by different a response by pretty much everyone.

Most of Twilight's friends, aside from the one that Sunset assumed was Equestria's Fluttershy, sending her varying degrees of death glares. Cadence looking like she was about to rip Sunset in half from barely contained rage. Luna, Shining Armor, and The Alpha having an unreadable and most neutral expression on their face as they locked eyes with her. Twilight, Zulu, Theta, and Spike all having a pleasant smile on their muzzles as they stared at her. But all of Sunset's attention wasn't on the previously mentioned ponies and dragons. No, instead Sunset gaze was locked on that of her mother, Celestia. Celestia having an expression of both complete shock and disbelief.

"Sunset..." Celestia said to her daughter, shameless tears flowing down her white cheeks.

Celestia's mind then went blank. As far as she was aware she was alone in the room and the only thing that she could see was the bright amber-colored coat of Sunset standing in front of her. The coat of Sunset Shimmer acting as a beacon to her as she began to move absent-mindedly. Celestia holding out her hoof as she touched Sunset's cheek. Just make sure that she was dreaming or imagining things. She wasn't.

Celestia feeling the heat of Sunset's cheek as she touched it with her white hoof. Celestia wasn't imagining things, this was really happening. After all this time, she had returned. The prodigal daughter had finally returned. Celestia was going to make sure that she was never going to leave her side, again.

"Hi... mommy." Sunset whimpered back to Celestia with teary eyes as she accepted the hug from her mother. Sunset wet tears flowing down into her mother's shoulder. The eyes everyone, pony and dragon alike, that was present in the room at the time widening to double or triple their original sizes at Sunset words.

Author's Note:

I apologize for how long it took to write this chapter. As you can see my current chapters having gotten longer and longer and it took a long time to find the right way to write the final scene for this chapter. I hope that my next one won't take as long as this. But I am not making any promises.

Probably my biggest debate for this chapter was whether or not I was going to have Sunset return to Equestria at the end of it. I think I made the right decision, prepare yourselves for the great and emotional reunion of Sunset and Celestia.

Hooray for my first chapter in the new year of 2017 and can I just say this. FUCK 2016! Hopefully, this year will be better than the shit storm that was 2016, but with Spray-Tan Hitler as President, I doubt it.

The scene where Sunset talks to Celestia while in a room/hallway filled with pure white was inspired by both the scene in Friendship Games where Sunset talks down Midnight Sparkle and the scene in Harry Potter where Harry talks to Dumbledore in the white King's Cross.

The scene where Sunset ends up in the human world for the first time and meets Flash is intended to take place at the same time as the Freshman Fair that is mentioned in the first Equestria Girls movie.

The relationship between Sunset and Flash will grow. I had intended for Flash to have a larger role in this section of the story, but that didn't happen. Not intentionally, that's how things ended up happening. I don't mind Flash as a character and I like him better being paired with Sunset than with Twilight. Flash is dressed slightly different in the scene that he appears in as it was a slightly younger version of himself from the movies and I guessed he would dress differently when a freshman than a senior. I didn't but I live in Utah, I can be as nerdy as I want, even when I'm in college. #UtahNerdiestState. The same goes for Sunset's appearance when she first arrived in the human world.

I can't believe I forgot to say this earlier, but if you want to know how my writing for either of the two stories that I am writing right now is going then go over to my profile on Fimfiction and see my current chart that shows the current process that I am making on future chapters for both Tale of the Second Alpha and Fallout Equestria: The Lost Empire. I even have chapter titles for each future chapter, so you get a base knowledge of what is going to happen in each chapter.

PreviousChapters Next