• Published 8th Aug 2015
  • 279 Views, 7 Comments

Celestial clarity - RenaissanceDreemurr



Can Clairity discover the secrets of the ancient, seemingly mellow town, and the history between man and pony/

  • ...
 7
 279

Until the eclipse

Spike

I exhaled the breath I held as Luna left, it was an annoyance knowing that I will have a Magic observer living in my... Twilight's castle.

I look back at Clair standing on the deck when I feel a sharp snap of pulsating energy.

It can't be I think to myself.

The seal holding Eclipse was breaking down as a rush of dread and pained energy came over the vicinity of the apple farm, sucking the life right out of the trees in a freezing cold.

Clair collapse as I and Bloom rush over to her.

As we got closer, the colder it felt, and the sharper the pain as the wind speed picked up, throwing us back.

I look to Bloom, seeing her pant as the deeper cold came over her.

I stopped, "Bloom!"

She stopped, looking as if she was about to break down.

Get away Bloom! find Fritter and get as far away as possible!"

Bloom huffed as the apple house completly froze over, "What about you spike!" she said in a tone of concern.

My expression hardened as the winds started to bite, "My inner fire will keep me going for long enough Bloom! I will cast the spell to mend the inner gate!"

Bloom's eyes widened, "Dale! such a spell will drive you to magical fatigue and damage some of your body!" She breathed heavily as the winds grew strong enough to blurr her vision, "Besides! you used too much of your energy with the previous spell! you will die if you push harder, and I won't allow that." She said feeling deep connection to that promise, after all, she was the sibling to honesty.

I moved closer to Clair, close enough to where I could see the silhouette of her body, "Dont worry Bloom! I still got a trick up my sleeves."

I search deep down towards my old connection, the first magical conection I ever made, the link that gave me birth.

I observed it smiling at my only hint that Twilight was still there in the world, lost in a collective consciousness, but still there, even if she wasn't herself anymore.

I grabbed the power, feeling the magenta energy pulsate within me, filling my magical canals with a surplus amount of energy.

A rush of adrenaline came along with it as I marched through the cold and hatred, I didn't hear Bloom anymore which meant that she understood when she saw my change.

Clair was right in front of me, ice cold as her hair started changing into a blue flame.

I acted hastily as I preformed the ritual, the crimon trigram sealing spell, invented by Celestia herself.

I clap my hands as the trigram glowed, I heard a fierce screech in the wind as it swirled faster and faster, How do I explain this to Luna? I thought. The winter must have engulfed Ponyville by now.

I felt everything disappear into magenta as the energy filled up to my eyes, ready for release as I spoke the ancient words of the dragon tongue, "Sigillum tenebris morata! Ego attrahe cincĂ­nno vermiculus! vos mergere se sparserit in aquas! ad tempus omnino pendet ad tenebras!

The entire world seemed to shake at the sound of my voice as Twilight's magic flooded the entire vicinity of the farm house.

o.0.o

Clairity

The dark water pony neared me speaking in the caged pony's voice, "Thats right, you are a piece of my consciousness, the last remaining light that I would be glad to extinguish."

I panted as the water cooled into a thin layer of ice, turning my breath into mist. "I am nothing like you!" I yelled.

A cackle erupted from the dark water pony now walking on the thin ice, "Every light can cast a shadow my dear, and sometimes the dark is greater than the existing light, your merly the light cast from the sun while I bring the world into darkness, thus creating the eclipse."

"The Light of the sun reigns all year while the dark lasts for only mere seconds." I interjected.

Eclipse was taken aback, "Clever girl, though I exspect no less from myself after all." She cackled madly. "The sun may reign all year long, but it is the moment when the sun is engulfed by the moon when everypony stares up in wonder and fear at the rare occurance of the light being over powered my dear."

There was a vibration filling the area.

"Aww, such a shame," The water pony said sarcastically before turing back into water.

Seems our little Playdate must end Clairity.

The crimson cage appeared right in front of me before a purple chain slowly made the thing sink below the surface, breaking apart the ice as it sunk beneath the depths.

Very well, I can wait, wait for as long as I have to. The river eventually breaks through the Mountain, and I am just as patie...

As she fully submerged, I felt a weight lifted from my chest, and before I knew it, there was a flash of magenta before a figure in the distance appeared.

I felt a rush of harmonious music surround me, removing my fear.

Suddenly everything disapeared, replaced by the insides of the Twilight castle, only, brighter and more vibrant, like the place was shimmering in a waxed magesty.

My attention turned towards muttering voices.

I follow the sound through the crystal hallway looking around seeing the used area, it was something to behold to witness the castle in its prime, the entire castle seemed to bathe me in a warm comforting light that it didn't seem to give off before.

I moved down the corridor till I met up with the opening that led to the throne room.

I looked gasping at the spectacle, sitting in the room were the Bearers of harmony in person.

"Maybe we could offer a truce?" Asked the yellow pegasus known as Fluttershy the kind, friends of all animals, "Such a thing would be benificial with both kingdoms would it not?"

The nyan blue pegasi with the rainbow mane scoffed, "You don't think we tried before? they are drones fluttershy, they think like bee's and ants controlled by a single leader, have you ever tried to negotiate with a bee Fluttershy? by the look on you face I guess not. The point being, there is no negotiating peace with this subspecies of pony, they don't even have their own mind to have for themselves, they are completely ruled by Chrysalis."

Twilight sighed, "We get your point Dash, but that being said, it gets us in a tight spot."

"How so?" Apple Jack asked.

Twilight sighed, "As Dash said, Changelings are much like Bee's and Ants, a community insect." She looks to Fluttershy, "You know this Fluttershy," Her gaze switched to the others, "If we manage to get rid of Chrysalis, it will be like killing a queen bee, and just like the bees, when that happens... every single Changeling could die into extinction."

The room got quiet, non of them seemed to see me before the room expanded and contracted into itself.

I opened my eyes seeing that the room was now dim and screaming could be heard outside.

I turned aroound startled to see four out of the six bearers scramble inside.

Apple Jack huffed as she took a small yellow filly off her back, "Are... Are you... Okay sugar Cube."

She nodded.

"Wait, I thought, is that... Granny Bloom?" I said aloud without being heard.

She slowly moved looking shaken, "W...What about Granny? and Big Mac?" She asked trembling.

Apple Jack seemed to now catch her breath, "I'"m sure they found a way out of that Bloom"

Twilight and Pinkie Pie burst out the door, "Okay, plan girls, Rainbow, I need you and Apple Jack to get ponies to the safty of the castle as soon as possible, Fluttershy, Rarity, I need you here to tend the wounded when they get here, Pinkie will try to distract the Changelings while Apple Jack and Dash saves everypony, I will fly above and disable as many Changelings as I possibly can, Lets go!"

Everypony rushed to their stations as I continued looking around confused.

"Let me save you the technical details" a voice said behind me.

I turned around to meet Twilight's eyes, "Confused right?"

I slowly nodded, the gravity of everything was just about to make my mind explode.

Twilight giggled, "Not what you expect when all you did was try and read a book now is it."

I continued staring deciding wether or not to be surprised by the Princess appearance.

Twilight released a nostalgic sigh, "Sometimes opening up dusty old books can flip the pages to your own story Clairity, and yours is just beginning."

I bit my lip, "How are you here, why are you here? why am I here? Nothing makes sense anymore!" I clutched my head feeling a headach coming on from the resent events."

Twilight held her hoof, "Calm down, its a little much I know Clairity for you to process, but there are many things you need to know as quickly as possible, its a privilege for me to even be here and tell you this."

I took a deep breath,

Twilight thought for a moment, "Here, let me help."

Her horn glowed as my headach disappeared.

I gave a look of relief as the pain dissapeared, "Thanks."

"Your welcome Claire, now, about your question, I don't know exactly how or why I got in your subconscious, only that it had something to do with Spike using my magic to seal away Eclipse."

I shuttered at the mentioning of the pony, "Is it true what she said, that I..." The maniacal laugh filled my memories, I prayed for this pony before me to tell me it was not true, that Eclipse was lying, that I was a good person, how can I be somepony like Eclipse, a mad and twisted pony that knew only how to inflict pain on other ponies and bring them death, how could I be her?"

Twilight sighed, "Well... yes, yes you are her, yet, your also your own pony, I mean person, see, don't misunderstand, you kow of the story of Princess Luna? well it's kind of like that, only in reverse, your darkness is caged up, leaving the only good left in your heart in control of your actions, Astrid made sure of that."

My heart sunk, "So, i'm just the reminant of a feeling? a shard of whats whole?"

Twilight sat down on her haunches, "Clairity, you became much more than a feeling, you are your own person." she sighed, "Besides, Eclipse, wasn't always like this, she used to be a pony I looked up to as a filly, somepony everypony loked up to, but, an accident happened, spining all of Equestria in chaos, we saved what was left of her, and the result was you, Spike knew a little bit about it but enough to know the important details. Your Father was involved as well, he was once a trusted magical scholar who took you in, bu.."

"Wait, my father?! he, what, he knew about this." I didn't think I could feel any worst, but the fact that my Father wasn't Actually my father, and that he knew about this no less.

Twilight nodded.

"And how do you even know about this you have been gone, for centuries, you dissapeared before any of this happened." I accused.

Twilight kept a stoic face, "Not exactly in a manner you think." She looked up to the ceiling "We are almost out of time, our pocket of time dialation is nearly exhausted." She said.

There was a sudden shaking as the entire castle got enveloped on a green light.

I turned back in surprise of the light outside.

I look back to find that I was now floating in a black void with Twilight.

"Was that the Changeling curse?" I asked surprised.

Twilight nodded sadly, "Its the begining of what set everything in motion, and the birth of both Astrid and Eclipse."

Twilight started to dissipate, "This is the end of the road, i've told you what you needed to know Clairity." She thought for a moment, "And thank spike for giving me this opportunity to be here even if he didn't intensionally do it."

My heart thumped, "Wait! why, why are you helping me? why..." I trailed off. I felt my emotions leap right out of me

"Because we are friends,"

She smiled before fading back to the place she was before.

Goodbye.

Author's Note:

Hint to the dragon language: Max dxr mh ngwxklmtgw ebxl bg Makxx wblmbgvm zxgwxkl, lxoxg ghng vtlxl, yhnk oxku vhgcnztmbhgl, lbq mxglxl, makxx ixklhgl, makxx fhhwl, mph ohbvxl, mph tlixvml tgw mph gnfuxkl

Clue: kcab srettel neveS

Mirror.

Comments ( 2 )

Okay, this is still making little sense. Why would they keep something that seems this important from Luna?

Sorry guys, going to have to wait awhile for the next chapter, for summer break is over and I have little time to myself now, so this project is on hold.

Login or register to comment