• Published 8th Aug 2015
  • 279 Views, 7 Comments

Celestial clarity - RenaissanceDreemurr



Can Clairity discover the secrets of the ancient, seemingly mellow town, and the history between man and pony/

  • ...
 7
 279

Whispers in the mind

I felt warm, like I was floating on top of a dark calm ocean where time was only a memory, nothing existed, nothing but the feeling of comfort of mind, until an icy chill crept up on me.

I opened my eyes into the blackness, getting up on top of the water.

I heard a dark chuckle behind me.

I turn around to meet a deep crimson cage with a figure moving around inside, laughing quietly and cynically before it stop to look at me.

"Your... finally here" A shrilled laugh escaped from the broken creature.

A cold flame enveloped the creature, giving the outline of a pony behind the bars of crimson.

I moved back in fear.

What was this, who was this thing, this twisted deranged dark thing with the shell of what was once a pony.

My heart pounded in my chest as I tried to moved as far away from this specter as possible, but no matter how much I tried to flee, I never got any further away from this demented thing.

The icy flame died as the being laughed once again, "You think you can escape me my key? I guarantee you tha... She stopped.

A warm glow enveloped me as a rainbow aura confronted the caged pony.

"So, you finally come to face me. The pony whispered before screaming, "I Will get out! You can't stop me!"

"maybe not eclipse, but she does..."

The dream ended abruptly as I fell out of my bed with a loud thump on the hard surfaced floor.

My heart pounded in my chest as I breathed heavily.

I felt bile at the back of my throat before I heaved.

I was sickly pale and shivering, the image of the creature filled my head as I wretched again on the floor.

The encounter was brief but, sickening.

I heard a frantic hoof steps getting closer before my door opened.

Fritter came in, frantic seeing me in my condition, "Oh dear, Mother!"

Granny Bloom came in a minute later looking shocked seeing me in my condition.

"Mom, please stay with her, I got to get a Doctor."

Fritter ran out of the room, and out the front door towards ponyville general.

Granny helped me up to my bed, letting me use her to prop myself up on the bed.

She started cleaning up the mess right before Fritter came back in with a pony in a jacket with a red cross.

o.0.o

The Doctor checked me over, carfully disinfecting my body of any foreign bacteria or viruses that might have caused it, but finding nothing that could have caused my symptoms at all other than faint maical extracts.

He then deduced that it must have been a serious case of magical rejection, quite common among humans when they first enter Equestria, but goes away in time as there body gradually accepts it.

He then asked me if I came in contact with any magical object.

I nodded, telling him about the library card.

He nodded back, saying that would do the trick.

He left saying to Fritter if any more symtoms showed up to call him.

She nodded and came back with a relieved expression, "you had us worried there sugar cube, are feeling okay now?"

I nodded.

"Okay sweetie, I just want you to rest up in bed now, apple picking will have to wait." She sighed, "I'll call Jackie and see if she's willin to help out."

Granny frowned, "Young lady, you know perfectly well that I can still buck apples."

"Mom, I didn't say that, just that I know your hip's been botherin you lately, and would rather you rest up and let a younger pair of hooves helped out."

Granny gave up with a sigh, "Fine, but whats you goin to do if Jackie declines, she is rather wrapped up in her things you know."

Fritter smirked, "I have my ways."

Both ponies left my room and allowed me to try and rest, unable to with the crimson prison in my head.

o.0.o

The fever died down later that day, while Fritter And Jackie finished up apple bucking.

I was at the edge of finally sleeping when I heard a voice.

Clairity... the voice wispered.

I move to sit on my bed.

Watch out... she's coming...

I frowned, "Who's coming? who are you?"

The voice didn't answer back, and at the peek of my confusion, Spike bursted though the door panting, "Came as soon as I heard." Spike carried an ancient arcane tome and a jade necklace.

"Heard what?" I asked.

My second day here in equestria and its just as crazy as the first, what is with this place? guess I shouldn't complain, I asked for this.

"No time!" He said as he opened up the tome.

Spike lifted his hands from the now levitating book as a green energy filled the room, "terrenum corpus solis anima , occulto naturae extra lunam fulgentibus, Principem solis audierit verba mea, et vincula tua numquam"

The energy concentrated into my body as I felt hot sensation envelope myself before dissipating.

Spike panted, "Okay... we are in the clear."

I groaned, "Jesus Crist, what the hel was that!"

Spike looked nervous for a second, "Oh, uh, well, I uh heard that you were fevering and, I wanted to help with that."

I got out of bed, "That was some spell for a fever Spike."

I thought back, remembering my dad saying that most spells require three to four words, and any more would be concidered a Arch mage level spell, this was at least eighteen, was he that concerned?

"Holy Crap Spike!, I mean, wow, its a little much don't you think?"

Spike coughed nervously, "Well... yeah, I get your point."

He was much older than me by centuries, had power and wisdom beyond belief, and yet he overreacted when hearing that I had a sympom of magical rejection? very unlikely.

We suddenly heard the clopping of many hooves outside.

"Oh, that be her." Spike said straightening up.

I raised an Eyebrow, "Who who's here"

"The Princess herself." He said.

I didn't reply for a moment before a flame grew in me, "Everypony here is Crazy!" I yelled, "Why can't I get a calm and quit day where I could relax. I go to a Library to read a book, nope, a strange entity invited me to a secret staircase that led to a century old castle, I try to go to bed and get a good night sleep, nope, I dream about mad ponies in crimson cages, only to wake up with a magical fever, I then try to rest for the rest of the day, guess what, No! I get blasted with a powerful and cryptic magical spell without a clear explaination! and now you say that the god like princess that raises both sun and moon who has lived for a millennia, trapped in the moon for a thousand year for bad behavior is coming here right now."

Spike was taken aback for a moment, "Uh, Yes."

I just sat there, "Unbelievable," why did I wan't to come here again, that reason was over my head.

I sighed giving up, "I'll change into something more appropriate for the princess." I moved to my closet feeling drained.

Spike gave an expression of concern as he exited the room and towards the balcony where granny was.

"Its not good Bloom."

Granny sighed, "You cast the spell?"

He nodded, "It will keep Luna from noticing.

He spotted the chariot parking far off.

He sighed, "She has already seen the crimson cage."

"Assumed much, why else would the princess be here, we all felt the energy she gave off last night."

Spike looked off for a minute "Does Fritter or Clair's father know?"

"Her father, yes, Fritter, no."

They stopped talking as the Princess and three escorts came by the house.

Spike and Granny bowed before her.

She gave the sign for them to come up to meet her eyes.

Spike was the first to speak, "I assume your here about the energy spike?"

The princess nodded, "Indeed I have." She squinted at Spike, "Your magic is low Draco, what have you been doing?"

Spike kept a stoic face, "I'v been doing researching and experimenting on draconian magic, creating new spells and such."

The Princess smirked, "You are the only of your kind with such a lucid intellect to do such things, it will be fasinating to see what you have come up with."

Spike nodded, "I see your modern grammer have improved much since last we met Princess."

"Ah, yes, twas a time then." She blinked a couple of times before getting back to the subject, "Anyway, i'm here to investigate the magical spike, it's rather a... personal matter."

The princess focused her magical aura into her horn as she scoped the area, feeling nothing of the presence.

She stopped, "I don't understand, it was here a while ago."

The old farmer and Dragon shrugged.

"Maybe the Everfree absorbed it?" Spike suggested.

The Princess Thought for a moment regaining her composer, "Plausible..." She trailed, "Very well then." She stomped her hoof twice, summoning her scribe.

The grey unicorn looked around in suprise before turning to the princess.

"Take note Pen scribble," She asked.

The pony got up to removed a pen and parchment from his satchel, "Very well, tell me when ready your majesty."

Luna turned to Spike, "You have guest rooms do you not Wyrm."

Spike nodded, "Your not sugesting you staying are you"

Luna scoffed, "Of coarse not, i'm much too busy running the country, no, i'll have somepony trust worthy report to me her findings, this was suppose to be simple, but it turned out to require much more time, time I don't have."

She turned back to her scribe, "Alright Scribble."

The Scrib readied himself.

Luna cleared her throat, "Dearest Virgo Cluster, I know that the time is inconvenient for you, but its important for you to come to ponyville immediately to observe any magical spikes and abnormalities in the area, report to me your findings. You wil stay in the Castle of Twilight for the duration of your stay and be mindful of the care takers work, sincerely Princess Luna."

With that, the Scribe ended he message with a period before wrapping it up and sending it away in a blue flame.

It was quick but got to the point.

She ended with goodbye before she started moving back to her chariot before she heard a sound of wood creeking.

She turned around to see a human girl of the looks of around thirteen moving out of the house.

Luna's heart thumped hard, she couldn't distinguish any magic, but the presence was... familiar, "Who is this?"

Bloom turned around, "Oh, that be my daughters friend's child Clairity, she's staying with us for an earth summer your majesty."

She nodded feeling odd, "Very well... I must get going." She turned back and headed towards the chariot, the feeling not leaving her.

After she took off, Spike and granny released their breath in relief.

"Thank Celestia," Spike said.

They looked back to see me standing frozen on the porch.

o.0.o

On the sight of the princess, I stopped, sensing a form of... familiarity.

Time froze as my surroundings changed back to that of the crimson prison, the indescribable pony looked at me, I couldn't tell from looking at her silhouetted form, but I knew she was smiling wickedly.

"Oh dear, seems you slipped back into your subconscious, and without Astrid here it seems," She chuckled, Guess it my chance to get the key

I moved backwards, "W-who are you?" My heart thumped, my mind still confused from the sudden change.

She giggled hysterically, "I am the cold light that chills the darkness, the bitterness that claims the lives of abandoned fillies and colts, the reaper of chilled flame, I am death to all, the dark that fades the light, muderer of all, I am Eclipse, and further more, I AM YOU!"

She laughed manically before water replica of her emerged from the depths.

My head spiraled in agony as her shrilled laugh filled my ears, causing me to scream.

"I will get whats mine."