• Published 8th Aug 2015
  • 279 Views, 7 Comments

Celestial clarity - RenaissanceDreemurr



Can Clairity discover the secrets of the ancient, seemingly mellow town, and the history between man and pony/

  • ...
 7
 279

Morning

This was a dream, but it was nothing, not nothing like it was pitch black, but nothing as if I was completely blind at that moment. The nothing was there, and wasn’t there at the same time. Then I woke up, suddenly opening my eyes feeling that I couldn’t move at all from the sleep paralysis, I then Slowly start to move out of bed, waving off the grogginess from my body.

I yawned as I get dressed and ready for school, only to realise that it was Summer time, and an entire world away from school.

I was glad I didn’t need an alarm clock, my body just always knew when to get up. I yawn once more as I started brushing my dark hair, goofing off with trying to catch my eyes move without any avail.

I take a deep breath and sigh as I try to make exit of my room, with difficulty at first realising that the doorknob was lower than it was back home, in fact, everything was lower, the place wasn't built necessarily for six foot bipedals rather than three to four foot ponies, it worked but habits didn't die so easily, at least we had a bathroom reinstalled, toilets are quite difficult for people in Equestria.

I yawned as I made my way towards the kitchen, seeing my pony aunt Fritter make some pancakes.

She looked at me and smiled, "How are ye doin now sugar cube, I was just preparin ye'all some breakfast, Granny probably wont be up till another turn, so ye be free of sunday lessons on your first day here on Apple acres."

I smiled back at her, "Thanks Aunty Fritter, I wanted to get a good look at the town anyway." I said. I thought back to when my dad told me how he met her in high school on Earth and became good life long friends, practically became family to the Apple's after that.

I waited a minute for the apple pancakes that made my mouth water. No preservatives, no processed sugar, no man made chemicals, it was all good, truly natural home goods, but nothing beats Granny Blooms Pies, three hundred year old and still the raining champ at the baked goods competition. First time I ate it, my mind told me Pie, only pie, and nothing but pie for a whole day.

I was told it was a generations old recipe that dated back further than the United era, when even granny was just a filly.

It was crazy to think that she was ever that young seeing her now, old, but hell of a kicker, she still had lots of spunk left in her with energy to spare
.
Twenty minutes past before I ate the last bite of my Apple pancakes as I thought to myself, They sure are not called Apples for nothing, not only did they farmed them, they sure knew how to use them

I release a sigh at my once glorious pancake, then stretched, "All right, I'm heading out Aunty, see you soon."

She waved her hoof as I head out, "Be safe, remember, I still have ta give you back to your Father in one piece." She said chuckling before remembering something important, "Oh, also, if you see Jackie Jr, tell her that I have some things I need her to pick up."

I chuckle back, "Okie Dokie." I walk out of the farm house and follow the dirt road into town.

I deeply take in the fresh air and senery, many years I have wanted to come here, begged my dad to take me, while he always replied saying inter-dimensional portal travel is exspensive. It took three years of apple bucking seasons for Fritter to afford to come to Earth and see all of our tech, which was prohibited in Equestria for environmental reasonings, a topic fought over for many years, but the Princess over ruled her politics and declaired total absence of human tech until we discovered a way to make it non-pollutant, good for Equestria, and gave mankind the push for future advancements.

The first thing I notice when I see Ponyville is the distingushed castle that put me in awe.

It was dead center of ponville, designed in an intricate tree shape made of crystal, a bit out of place for the small town, but non the less apart of it and its history.

I passed by multiple shops, many old buildings that had stood over the centuries, similar to that of england, but with a poniesc style.

Many newer building tried not to differ from the older ones as to not contradict the theme of the historic town.

As I moved by, ponies looked and would occasionaly wave at me, or come up to greet me, seeing that I was new in town. The process continued but slowed as I marched further into town.

I was about to make a turn to observe the castle when a shade of orange caught my eye. I turned around to see cousin Jackie walking down the street. First time I ever saw her was back home in Canada, visiting for Cristmas, now she was an Archeologist that studied history right before the United era.

I walked over to her, seeing that she was talking to somepony in an old bakery, taking note from what the old pony said.

She saw me and motioned for me to wait before she was done.

The other pony nodded and walked back to his bakery as Jackie turned to me and smiled, "How you liking ponyville?" She asked.

I mildly chuckled, her ascent was gone and replaced by that similar to mine, "It's great so far, clean air, fresh food, magic, its a dream." I thought for a moment, "By the way, Aunty said that she has some things for you to pick up, mind telling me what it is?"

Jackie smirked, "Old apple history about Great aunt Apple Jack, she was one of the bearers of the Elements you know, and elder sister to Granny. I'm trying to figure out as much as I can about the bearers, maybe discover why and how they disapeared."

I widened my eyes, Granny's sister was the bearer? I knew it was an apple, but not that close, "What have you found out?"

She chuckled, "About as little as anypony else,"

She walked closer to me, making me look down on her, Ponies are so smallI thought.

"But I have a Theory."

I then smirked, "Well... Please enlighten me Indiana Jones."

She laughed at the comment, "Gosh, don't make me miss earth any more, I watch that any chance I get when I'm there."She calmed down and wiped her eye, "Anyway, I believe it may have to do with the transmutation period."

I frowned, "The Changeling Curse? didn't everypony recover from that?" I looked back to my history class, I was told that the Changeling curse sent thousands of pony souls to earth as humans for fifteen years, no specifics told that the Bearers were apart of that, then again, it was three hundred years ago."

Jackie shook his head, "Queen Chrysalis's spell was incomplete, it was suppose to keep them there forever, however, earth's energy began to break down the spell over a period of a decade and a half which would give the asumption that everypony turned back to normal, but, two thousand ponies got caught in that spell, less than that came back, so my theory states that the elements changed the spell for them somehow, its still rocky but seems to make sense, it would explain why they disappeared."

I thought for a moment, "Isn't it more likly that some of the ponies died while they were there?"

Jackie shook her hoof, "Ehh, its not perfect, but I have a feeling that whatever made them dissapeared, is close to understanding, anyway, I better get to the farm to get Applejacks things." She tipped her fedora and made her way to the farm.

I thought to myself, Elements of Harmony, maybe I should read up on it at the Library while i'm there. I smirked, strange how you turn a castle into a Library.