• Published 26th May 2012
  • 1,288 Views, 6 Comments

A Lesson in Magic - OkieDokieLokie



Cheerilee teaches her students about the magic that all Ponies have.

  • ...
1
 6
 1,288

Rainbow Dash

Scootaloo buzzed through town on her scooter, eagerly searching the clouds above her. Finally, she spotted her target, a rainbow-colored tail dangling off the edge of a cloud in a field outside of town. “HEY, RAINBOW DASH!!!” She yelled at the top of her lungs. Scootaloo saw the Pegasus she adores roll off the edge of the cloud and almost instantly recover, making a perfect landing in front of the filly. “Wow, nice recovery.”
“Kid,” Rainbow Dash looked slightly annoyed, “what is so important that you would interrupt my valuable naptime?”
“Rainbow Dash, how does Pegasus magic work?” Scootaloo looked at her hero with huge eyes.
“Sheesh, Scoots,” Dash rolled her eyes.” We use it to fly and walk on clouds and do Pegasus stuff. It’s intuitive.”
“But birds fly and walk on clouds without magic.” Scootaloo pointed out.
Rainbow Dash grabbed the filly by the tail and lifted her up into the air. The two settled down on the cloud and Dash began a lengthy explanation. “It’s like this, kiddo. Birds can fly without magic because they have hollow bones. But if Pegases had hollow bones, we would be too fragile to do all the awesome stunts, like the WonderBolts, or me. And if we didn’t have magic, we wouldn’t be able to fly, let alone carry a passenger.” Dash winked at Scootaloo. “We’d be too heavy. But thanks to Pegasus magic, I once flew with three fully grown Pegases on my back and Rarity in my hooves.”
“Wow, I wish I could have seen that.” Scootaloo looked at Dash with awe. “But how come some Pegases are way better at flying than others, like you.”
“Well, my special talent is flying fast, but other Pegases use their magic for their own special talents. Take a look at Fluttershy,” Rainbow Dash thought of her closest Pegasus friend. “You know that she’s not much of a flier, but that’s because she uses so much of her magic is used to communicate with her animal friends. She doesn’t have that much flight magic. It’s the same with all of us. Some Pegases use their magic to make clouds and snowflakes and rainbows, so they don’t have much magic left over for flying. You get it?”
“You’re the best, Rainbow Dash.” Scootaloo gave her a big hug. “I hope my special talent is flying fast, so I can be just like you.”

Comments ( 2 )

646908
Thank you. I'm not much of a writer, but I wanted to publish my theory on magic, and was the best way I could think of to do that.

Its a great theory and I have to agree.

Login or register to comment