• Published 21st Jun 2012
  • 1,078 Views, 15 Comments

To Exist - Church



What makes a pony exist?

  • ...
0
 15
 1,078

Author's Note

So, basically got the idea because I got one of those pony blind bags. I decided that, if indeed the surprise inside was a background pony, it would become my favorite background pony. I tore open the bag and, lo and behold, out comes Lily Blossom.

I hadn't heard of this pony. I didn't think that anyone had. I looked online, and my favorite background pony didn't even exist on the show (there is a pony closely resembled, but I don't think it's her). The hell? She has a G4 sketch of her, but she isn't on the show. I was disappointed. Obviously, I needed to get my favorite background pony some recognition.

This is what I did to show her some respect? Sorry Lily...

So, basically, what I wanted to do originally was stick her in a television set, where she was off in a corner and not on the main screen. The story loosely follows that concept, as characters from the show break into her world unknowingly to speak. Eh, you get the rest. She was essentially just thrown into a world where she was the only one that existed. No big deal.

I suppose what ended up happening was, Lily was somehow connected to Equestria, but she wasn't quite there. The village she creates can kinda be tied to Ponyville (very loosely), and the utopia she creates sort of implies Canterlot. Of course, her drawings of the mane six also suggest that... whatever.







Anyway, that's where the story idea originated. Here, alternate ending:


'Twilite Sparkl', the first one reads in crude hoof. It shows a picture of a purple unicorn with a navy blue mane and pink and violet highlights.

And that's how Equestria was made.

TROLOLOLO LO LOLOLO LOLOLO








Thanks to the maybe hundred readers who will see this, and hopefully think that it wasn't a total waste of their time. I appreciate your view.

Also, thanks to bookplayer, who thought this fic was alright enough to put out there after I made the poor soul read it. The story may not be perfect... edits still pending (if people even like it)




Lily Blossom Love, woo hoo!

Comments ( 11 )

I also liked this. Interesting concept. :pinkiehappy:

The only criticism I have is that it sounds sort of robotic to me. That sort of fits for most of the story because she is trying to be emotionless, but when she lets her emotions get the better of her nearing the end it would be interesting to see a change in the style of her thought. If that makes any sense...

Anyways, you earned the thumbs up from me! :yay:

i found this veary interesting. good work. definitely a favorite.

786236 haha, thanks. Might I mention that I like the avatar, that was going to be a shirt of mine before they ran out :fluttershysad:

787705 I understand what you are saying. Unfortunately, I have difficulty with writing any other way... :derpytongue2:

It's progress from my other stories, in any sense.

788953 Thanks a lot. You are my favorite :heart:

Creepy, I know. Pay little attention to me...

793824 Hey it's okay, you're writing better than I can, and you mention that you made progress so just keep at it and you'll get there eventually! :twilightsmile:

827252 Gee, thanks! :twilightblush:

and hmm. I will go back through and see what I can do with that sentence... my mistake, thank you.

Happy reading!

884933 Oh, you read it?

haha, I only told you to read the author's note :ajsmug:

But thanks for liking it...


*and yes, that was the end :pinkiesad2: Poor Lily. And I give you permission to continue the story since you thought the ending was cut short if you so choose haha*

A story about my favorite pony who has only been made into toys. You sir have made my week. :pinkiehappy:

901399 Lily Blossom Love /)

I'm happy that you enjoyed it!

Lily could ALWAYS use some stories.

That was very well-written, and would have been a great story if it had gone somewhere or signified something. Now, I just feel let down, like after watching the last episode of The Prisoner or Lost,

1163960 apologies that you didn't like it :fluttershysad:

I had the idea stuck in my head and I was like "oh what an unbelievably splendiferous idea!". I really struggled with how to end it. I didn't want to have her escape, because I feel like she still had to be a lost character in the show. On the other hand, I didn't know how to really formulate where to go with it. My other ending was to have her be stuck in a television set, one that has been shut off permanently (so that's kind of what the ending went for, but not entirely). Ultimately, this is what happened.

Still learning on the fly here, but thank you for your honest opinion. Several people wanted me to continue on to something else, but I just can't do it.

Sequal.
Now.

Login or register to comment