• Published 23rd May 2012
  • 10,291 Views, 956 Comments

The Autobiography of Scootaloo - A Diary Collection - Tails_155



This is a story focusing on life from Scootaloo's POV. It takes place starting before season one.

  • ...
30
 956
 10,291

PreviousChapters Next
Of Amulets and Awards (♫)

Author's Note:

Chapter Theme:

Holiday Parade - Never Enough

Sometimes it's really tough to think of a fitting song.

--------------------

Featherweight came to fly with me to school today. I didn't want to race him, just yet. He's still not as fast as he used to be, and he can still hurt his wing if he's not careful.

Today in class we started Family Appreciation Days, again. I'm scheduled for tomorrow. I'm the first one. Last time we did these, I couldn't go. I'm gonna bring in Mom if she can do it. Mom's the coolest mare in Equestria!

Diamond Tiara griped about Babs "betraying" her all recess, calling Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom and me blank flanks who knows how many times. Featherweight and I flew up into the clouds after a while, everypony else just kind of ignored her.

After school, Featherweight and I flew around for a while, again. He is flying pretty well. He said he can't tell how much slower he is, because he hasn't been able to fly for so long. He's not too slow. He's just slower than he was. I'm not even trying to, and I feel like I could easily outfly him. We flew around a bit with Dart, and eventually went to the cafe.

Haha! I paid for our food today! I didn't let Featherweight get the bill! Victory!

--------------------

For Family Appreciation Day, Dad is coming in. Mom had to take care of a big storm to make up for the rain we didn't get during the day of the parade. She said I should get home quick after school.

After everything from last week, Dad gave a talk about bullying. He said bullying was a big problem in Phillydelphia. He said he remembered having to work some scary scenes where foals were pretty badly hurt, or other foals who were too scared to go to school. He told everypony to tell a teacher, parent, or older pony they trusted if they were constantly being bullied "because staying quiet lets the bullies win. Bullies want you to be too afraid to tell on them."

Something horrible happened. That Trixie unicorn came back to town, challenged Twilight to a duel, and kicked Twilight out of town! Dad tried to stop her, too. She trapped him in some box thing. I don't even know if he's okay... I really hope he is...Trixie told Mom and her friends that they had to do whatever she said, or she'd go after everypony they cared about. I ran away at that point. I couldn't deal with it. Mom hasn't come home, yet. If she doesn't come home, soon, I'm going to stay at the clubhouse.

I'm all alone, again. I'm so scared that Mom and Dad will be stuck forever... I'm staying at the clubhouse, now. Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom are staying with me. Rarity is stuck having to do what Trixie says, too. Apple Bloom said she wanted to stay with us, so we had somepony else to talk to. We're all worried. Big Mac says everything will be okay. I just don't know...

--------------------

We found out Mom and her friends are done. Mom got home late, and I had already left. She went looking, but when she found out I was with Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom, she went home. She knew I'd be safer with my friends, than around her.

Mom told me to stay safe, that she and her friends were going to the library to try and find some way to stop Trixie. I hope they find something.

Featherweight and Pipsqueak came to see if we were okay. They said Ocean Breeze and Cherry Tart got turned back to Port Mane, because Trixie doesn't want any ponies going out or coming into Ponyville without asking her, first. Apple Bloom was pretty upset to find out.

Featherweight tried to cheer me up, but I am so worried. I hope Dad is okay. I hope nothing happens to Mom. What if Mom gets caught? What if I never see Dad again? I don't want to be alone again! I hate it!

I couldn't sleep. I was so worried. Mom stopped by late at night to see if I was doing alright. She said they had a plan. She told me her friends need to get Twilight to help them, and they have an idea. She is worried about Dad, too. She said she doesn't think Trixie would hurt Dad, "yet." Yet? What does she mean by yet?

--------------------

I hope whatever Mom and her friends have planned works. I am so worried.

We still haven't heard anything. We're just hiding in the clubhouse, waiting for any news about what is going on.

Big Mac said he needs Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom to come with him. He said I should go to Fluttershy's cottage and stay with Shooting Star. He doesn't want me to sit here, all alone.

Shooting Star said everything will work out alright. He told me Twilight is a clever mare, and she'll help everypony figure this out.

I'm so glad Twilight is so smart. She tricked Trixie into taking off this magical pendant she was wearing, and saved everypony. Sweetie Belle, Big Mac, and Apple Bloom had to dress up as Rarity and Applejack to trick Trixie.

I thanked Zecora for helping us. She said "Never worry, Scootaloo, there will always be friends to help you."

I asked Big Mac why he sent me to Shooting Star instead of having me help. He said he saw how worried I was and didn't want me upset if something went wrong.

I probably would have messed up everything, anyway. I was so worried. I gave dad a big hug when he was freed. He said he was fine, that he was more worried about me and Mom than he was about himself.

I still feel bad for not helping. I thought the whole thing with the crystal monster meant courage was my thing. I guess not.

Featherweight said I am brave, I just also care a lot for my friends and family. He said if I needed to help, that I would have stayed tough, as always.

--------------------

Included is a photo of numerous woodland critters swirling around in an infinity pattern, with fireworks behind them.

On the back of the previous page, various activities dot the paper. The list includes "shingling," "astronomy," "chemistry," "wagon repair," "fireponies Apple Jack said 'no.' Tell Apple Bloom not to ask, next time." among others.

Today, Princess Celestia is here with ponies from Saddle Arabia. Twilight is nervous, because she has been asked by Princess Celestia to put on a show for Ponyville's guests.

Rarity is busy setting up her shop for special visitors, and the Apple family is hard at work making treats for everypony.

There's security everywhere. Royal guards are by every shop, and there are guards following the Princess and the Saddle Arabian ponies. With all the guards, there's about twice as many ponies as usual.

Dad is very busy today. The Ponyville Police Department is helping the Royal Guard protect everypony in case something happened.

Fluttershy is really worried about all her animals who are part of the show. They all seem pretty excited, but Fluttershy says they're scared. Angel shook his head. He seems happy. Shooting Star told me Fluttershy is just being Fluttershy. That makes sense, this isn't the first time she's been like this.

Mom is on cloud watch duty, winds from out of town could blow clouds into the sky.

Since everypony is so busy with all the big things going on, the Cutie Mark Crusaders are going to make a list of things to try for our cutie marks.

Twilight is so amazing! She put on a really cool show for everypony. Trixie even helped out before leaving town. She made fireworks to add to the show. She stumbled on the way out of town. I couldn't help but laugh.

Princess Celestia said she was very impressed with Twilight's ability. The Saddle Arabian Princess said she was "most overjoyed" with everypony's hospitality. Dad received special hooflinks from the princess. They were made in Saddle Arabia. Mom got me two postcards from Saddle Arabia. They're signed by the Saddle Arabian princess! She said I could give one to Featherweight. They have pictures of the Saddle Arabian palace. The back has the Saddle Arabian flag. They're really neat!

After Twilight's show, she brought Princess Celestia the amulet, and Princess Celestia said she would put the amulet deep in her vault where nopony would be able to get it. Zecora, Mom, her friends, dad, Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, Big Mac and I all got special pendants for protecting everypony. I don't know why I got one. I didn't even help. I don't feel like I deserve it. After Princess Celestia left, Mom told me I helped by keeping Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle safe. All we did was sit in the clubhouse. I'm pretty sure she's just trying to make me feel better.

I think I'm going to send my pendant back. I didn't earn it.

--------------------

Tucked into the page is a letter from Princess Celestia on a very official looking letterhead.

"Dear Scootaloo,

I appreciate your honesty, and desire to be fair. You may not have been part of the ponies that rescued Trixie from the Alicorn Amulet's curse, however, you are part of your friends' drive to carry on, even through tough times.

Much like Twilight learned when not to push herself past her limits with her magic, you, too, seem aware when not to push your limits. By staying behind and later realizing your fear could have jeopardized your friends, not acting was, indeed, the heroic choice. Even brave warriors know that if the enemy is too strong, surviving and surrendering is sometimes the best, even if painful, choice.

Therefore, dear Scootaloo, I return your pendant, for understanding your limits, and having faith in your friends.

Cherish your friends, always.

Princess Celestia"

I gave Featherweight his postcard, today. He went home and put the postcard in a frame. He said it was a really special gift, I'm glad he liked it.

I wrote a letter explaining what happened, wrapping the pendant inside, and had Spike send it to Princess Celestia.

Princess Celestia just sent the medal back, with a letter! I guess if she really wants me to have it, I'll keep it. Even after reading what she wrote, I don't really know that I should have it.

Dad says he's glad he can finally rest. It's been a few days since he could.He said he's happy everything worked out. I am, too. I'm glad things are back to normal.

Dad and I spent the evening talking. Mom had to set up an even bigger rainstorm this evening, because we went three more days without rain, now.

Dad said he hoped his talk would help, even though everypony was distracted by Trixie coming to town. He said he can't really do a whole lot about the bullies at school unless somepony says something. He said he hopes I understand that I can talk to him if somepony is causing trouble. I know I can, I just hate telling on people. Even after Babs left, I still feel like it's something scaredy foals do.

--------------------

Tucked into the page is a letter postmarked "MANEHATTAN POST"

The writing is shaky and barely legible.

"Babs Seed
7824 Thorntree St.
Manehattan, Equestria 7KA 8H4

Hey, Scootaloo! Just sending everypony a letter to see if the addresses work. I talked to my sis about school, and she said she would talk with my teacher about keeping an eye on the foals who pick on me.

I hope I get to see you guys soon! Maybe this winter, or in the spring when I have time off! We'll have to see.

Anyway, I hope you get this, and can read it. Sorry my writing is so sloppy. Applejack can read it to you if you have trouble. She can read my writing.

See you later, Cutie Mark Crusader!

Babs Seed" Her name is in effortfully clearer print.

Sweetie Belle and I are going to go through our lists and decide which ideas we're starting with, first. Apple Bloom went with Applejack to Port Mane to find Ocean Breeze and Cherry Tart.

We think we know what we are going to do. It's too late, today, but Sweetie Belle really wants to go try and find gems, like her sister. She said she would love to surprise Rarity with a matching cutie mark.

We may not have been able to start our new list of ideas, but this evening we DID help Applejack clean the barn and get it ready for painting. We're not sanders, the wood powder kept making me sneeze!

--------------------

In school today, Featherweight brought his dad in. He gave a talk on photography and showed some really nice pictures he took. He finished the class by passing around some of Featherweight's pictures. Featherweight was so red in the face, it was funny.

Of course Diamond Tiara would make fun of Featherweight's pictures. She told him that the only reason he was the newspaper photographer when she ran it is because he had his own camera. I almost bucked her in the dirt. His dad donated that camera to the school after Featherweight started working the Foal Free Press. Featherweight is a good photographer!

After school, Ocean Breeze invited all of us to Sugarcube Corner, since he was finally back in town, and had some extra money. Apple Bloom hasn't seen him in about a week and a half, we couldn't say no.

I got a chocolate shake and some strawberry shortcake. Featherbrain paid for it because he didn't want Ocean Breeze to spend all his money. What about Featherweight? I don't want him spending all his money, but he always buys my stuff.

--------------------

Applejack came in this year for Family Appreciation Day. She did lasso tricks outside after her talk about working on an apple orchard.

At recess, Apple Bloom said she agreed with Sweetie Belle on starting our list with the gemstone hunting cutie mark. We're going to go right after school. We already have pickaxes and everything ready.

PreviousChapters Next