• Published 23rd May 2012
  • 10,282 Views, 956 Comments

The Autobiography of Scootaloo - A Diary Collection - Tails_155



This is a story focusing on life from Scootaloo's POV. It takes place starting before season one.

  • ...
30
 956
 10,282

PreviousChapters Next
Bonus: Insert by Amber Dash (♫)

Author's Note:

Chapter Theme:

Brad Paisley Ft. Dolly Parton - When I Get Where I'm Going

For those of you first reading this, the beginning entry somewhat spoils certain events, but as such, a foreword like this would be, mentally, for me, the entrance to the story, were it published for the masses.

I don't know if I'm keeping this or not, but it's been in my mind for a long time, as I doubt I'd make it thirty or forty years through my writing on this story. I fear it would become stale, but it was something that I always wanted to include, because my thoughts on the stories stretch so far forward. This, to long-time readers will tell of some of the events that I have put into consideration in the future of the story, possibly outside the scope of the writing I could bring myself to do. If this seems out of place, I may remove it or rewrite it, but as-is, it's always been on my mind.

Hello, dear reader. My name is Amber Dash, I am the daughter of a wonderful mother and loving father. Upon the passing of my mother, I was willed her diary. She had it for most of her life, and filled it with entries of her everyday and her adventures. The text is slightly abridged to keep pace, removing only short common entries, but I assure you that you are only missing things such as "went to the store" and "nothing interesting happened today" or the most basic of mundanities. I assure you that I have left the early story of my mother as intact as possible. I want the world to know of how wonderful my mother was. Alas, due to the costs of publishing, I could only afford a certain length of book. I went until a certain point, and had to end. So I tried to cut to the big events later in life. I apologize I had to end where I did, but I am not wealthy.
I appreciate you taking the time to look into the life of a mare who was there for me in my hardest times. My mother lived a good life, all things considered, though she, like all of us, had her struggles along the way. Her story here begins when she was nine, coping with the struggles of losing her parents. I may have never been able to meet my grandparents, but I more pity that my mother lost them at so young.
While there are likely stories lost to the silent years before her diary, I was thrilled to read about her capers seeking her cutie mark. Some of the stories within are hard to read, and some are joyful favorites. It was one thing for my mother to recount them to me from memory, but reading them from the mind of the struggling filly who encountered them is a whole different experience.
It's sad all things come to an end. I love my mother very much, even if she's not here physically, I have most of her life in one book. I hope as you read these pages, you can feel the presence of the passionate, go-getter filly and mare who filled these pages with her heart, her soul, her fears, her dreams, her ups and her downs.
Without taking more time away from my mother, I will conclude with this. I miss you Mom, and wherever you are now, I hope you look down to me and see a mare that you would be proud of. See you again, someday.

PreviousChapters Next