• Published 23rd May 2012
  • 10,283 Views, 956 Comments

The Autobiography of Scootaloo - A Diary Collection - Tails_155



This is a story focusing on life from Scootaloo's POV. It takes place starting before season one.

  • ...
30
 956
 10,283

PreviousChapters Next
Bullies and Best Friends (♫)

Author's Note:

Chapter Theme:

Prince Whateverer ft. Scrambles, ShadyVox and All-American Rejects (specifically The Last Song lyrics) - Bullies & Best Friends

--------------------

A photograph of Scootaloo kissing Featherweight on the cheek, and another photo of Featherweight blushing deeply are tucked into this page.

Featherweight took me to shoot pictures today. I was only joking about the photo he had on his wall of me and my friends, but I think I embarrassed him.

I told him his big picture he had on the wall was of all three of us, and joking (I mean it, I wasn't serious small drawing of Scootaloo blushing) I asked if he was looking at me, or somepony else. I trust him more than that, but he was super embarrassed that I thought that.

He took me out to take pictures to replace the one on the wall. I didn't mean for him to take me so seriously.

Taking photos was fun! I've only used a camera once before, and it wasn't the best experience. It was more fun with Featherweight. His dad had an extra one in the house for me to borrow. I am not very good. I definitely won't get a cutie mark from it, but at least it was fun!

We got back to his house after his dad came home and I asked his dad to take some pictures of us, together. I think I surprised him when I kissed him on the cheek. After his dad snapped a photo of me kissing him on the cheek, he was bright red in the face. He's so cute when he blushes.

--------------------

Diamond Tiara made fun of Featherweight's teeth today. Diamond Tiara being Diamond Tiara, I suppose. He spent all day trying to hide his teeth. It wasn't until we were out on the playground when I told him that I found the way he always bit his lower lip cute that he relaxed, finally. Diamond Tiara really has a thing for finding exactly what upsets everypony the most and taking advantage of it. Her cutie mark should be for meanness.

He still seems overly worried about how his teeth look. I wish Diamond Tiara would leave him (really, everypony, that'd be great) alone. (It may sound mean, but I sometimes wish she'd just disappear.) Featherweight is in charge of the newspaper. If he wanted to, he could post all kinds of mean things about her in there, but he leaves her alone. Why does she pick in him?

I told Featherweight I don't want him to change how he looks. He kept talking about braces. I wouldn't stop him if he wanted to for him, but if he wants to do it for somepony else, I just won't let him. I feel like his funny teeth make him special.

I told Diamond Tiara that nopony likes her, and that she would be alone all her life. I know it was mean, but I'm sick of how she treats me and my friends. She seemed to be hurt by what I said, though. Maybe she'll shut up and leave us alone now.

--------------------

Diamond Tiara wasn't in class today. She's probably just sick, but part of me wonders if I hurt her feelings that much.

I asked Silver Spoon where Diamond Tiara was at recess and she said that Diamond Tiara wouldn't talk to her yesterday after school. She was just completely quiet. Did I really hurt her feelings that bad?

I'm sure Diamond Tiara will get over it, but I didn't mean to make her so upset (maybe). maybe I should say something?

--------------------

Diamond Tiara wasn't in class again today. Silver Spoon said she didn't want to talk to anypony, not even her. This wasn't my fault, was it?

Featherweight came up to me at recess and asked if something was wrong. I kept thinking about if I was too mean to Diamond Tiara. I know she wouldn't be the same to me, but I guess we're different in that way.

Featherweight said if I feel that upset, maybe I should apologize, even if the very idea makes me sick. I guess I should, if for no other reason than to feel better about myself, be the better pony.

I apologized to Diamond Tiara after school. She acted like herself after I did, only a bit more shy, which is something I've never seen from Diamond Tiara. I asked her why she acts like she does to us and she didn't answer. Maybe she'll change, maybe she won't. I doubt this will be very long-lasting, myself.

--------------------

Diamond Tiara didn't say anything overly mean today. I say "overly mean" because she still called Apple Bloom and me "blank flanks" at recess, but we're used to that. Sweetie Belle was with Pipsqueak most of recess, they really make a cute couple. They were swinging on the swings while Apple Bloom and I figured out ideas for our cutie marks. I think next we're going to try and see if Vinyl Scratch will teach us how to DJ. I said I thought it would be something really cool we could try.

Featherweight and I went to take pictures again. We saw some rabbits and an owl. We also took some pictures of Ponyville from the clouds. It was a pretty fun afternoon.

This evening we went to Vinyl Scratch's. Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom and I are going to try and get some money to buy her a new record. She said it was okay, and that it happens all the time, but we really messed up one of her records. It has a big cut across it now. She was really nice about it, but we didn't do it right, clearly. It was kind of fun, and it was really cool hearing her play around, it's too bad we're not going to get cutie marks in that, because she makes some pretty cool music.

--------------------

A picture of a family of rabbits and an aerial photograph of Ponyville are tucked into the page. As well as an article including a picture of Vinyl Scratch and Scootaloo at a set of turntables while Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom watch.

"Music To Our Ears
by Featherweight (FFP Editor-in-Chief)

The ever-adventurous trio calling themselves the Cutie Mark Crusaders found themselves in the company of Vinyl Scratch, the local DJ at Club Mane. The mixing virtuoso gave Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Apple Bloom a crash course in her line of work. The three fillies tried their hoof at mixing, and while they decided it wasn't for them, they said they had fun.

"I figured it was something worth trying. She's an awesome DJ," said Scootaloo, in a conversation after giving the turntables a shot. "There's so much going on at once. I don't know how she can keep it all in mind. That's a lot of work!" Sweetie Belle said of the musical mare. The trio all gave a try to the turntables, and found it to be a practice that takes practice. "I respect what she does much more, now that I know how complicated it is," shared Apple Bloom after her attempt.

Vinyl Scratch can be heard four evenings a week at Club Mane, and can be hired for parties by request. All ponies must be of adult age, or accompanied by a guardian to enter Club Mane."

I was right about Diamond Tiara. The last couple of days were nice, but Diamond Tiara is definitely still Diamond Tiara. She told Sweetie Belle that she'll never get a cutie mark, because she has no talent. Sweetie Belle was really upset at recess.

It may take a lot of work to cheer up Sweetie Belle. She said that Diamond Tiara is probably right and that all she ever does is cause problems and make a mess. Sweetie Belle does far more, and far better things than that! She was my first friend in Ponyville, and she has done far greater things than just "get in the way." Without her, I don't even know where I would be.

Pipsqueak finally decided he was going to talk to her. He took her to dinner. I hope he has more luck than we did. She still seemed pretty upset when they left after school. Apple Bloom, Featherweight, Dinky, Twist, and I are going to figure out some way to tell her how special she is to us.

Featherweight had several great photos of everypony in our little group together. We made a card for Sweetie Belle. Telling her that we all thought she was a wonderful pony. Twist made some candy for her, and we all signed the card.

Featherweight took the card to Pipsqueak to sign and give to Sweetie Belle, I hope she likes it.

Sweetie Belle came by the house to thank me for the card. She said she had gone to thank everypony, and that she really appreciated the card. I told her that we would get our cutie marks soon. We just have to keep trying. She hung out for a while and said she wanted her cutie mark, but right now she wanted even more to have Diamond Tiara leave her alone.

--------------------

I've started being a bit more sarcastic to Diamond Tiara (even more than usual). Maybe if she realizes I'm willing to fight back for my friends and me, she'll finally leave us alone.

If she's really going to treat us the same way after I gave her a taste of her own medicine and then was big enough to apologize, I'm just going to keep fighting back. She made fun of Featherweight's teeth again, I told her I could give her a mouth to match. I almost did, too.

Other than Diamond Tiara being her normal self, today was actually quite good. Sweetie Belle managed to do some simple magic (carrying things around) outside today. She was pretty excited. I was too!

After school today, Diamond Tiara suckerbucked me! I thought I was going to get into a big fight, but Featherweight jumped in the way. Featherweight got kicked in the ribs by Diamond Tiara, but he just shrugged it off! He's definitely hurt, but he says he'll get over it. I'm spending the afternoon taking care of him until his dad gets done with work. Featherweight says he thinks he's fine, but I want to make sure.

--------------------

Featherweight was okay. His dad took him to the doctor's. The doctor said he was fine, just some bruises. Diamond Tiara packs quite a kick when she's mad, so I wasn't sure. I'm glad he's okay, though.

I met him back at his house after he went to the doctor's. (I still hate hospitals).

Mom says Diamond Tiara is lucky Featherweight stepped in the way. She says I probably could've taken her out. I think so, too. I hope I don't have to find out. I don't want to get in trouble again.

Mom said she'd rather I didn't get in fights, obviously, but she said she doesn't expect me to be a pushover either.

--------------------

This week HAS to be the week we get our cutie marks! Apple Bloom invited Sweetie Belle and me to Sweet Apple Acres for the weekend. We're going to figure this out, once and for all!

I don't remember whose idea it was to be honey collectors, but it was a bad one. Never again. Twilight Sparkle had to help me pick out the stingers. Not a fun afternoon.

Apple Bloom said you have to be nice to the bees. She said it's an important part of the Zap Apple harvest, and that it has to be done just so. She still, clearly, doesn't have the knack for it, yet. She got stung, too. Sweetie Belle said she doesn't think she's a honey collector. Maybe she was the smart one.

Our other cutie mark schemes are going to have to wait. I'm all sore from the stingers. It'll go away, but it's definitely no fun. Featherweight was really freaked out when he saw me. I told him I was okay, but he was worried. He helped me take care of the stings.

PreviousChapters Next