• Published 23rd May 2012
  • 10,289 Views, 956 Comments

The Autobiography of Scootaloo - A Diary Collection - Tails_155



This is a story focusing on life from Scootaloo's POV. It takes place starting before season one.

  • ...
30
 956
 10,289

PreviousChapters Next
Be The Bigger Mare (♫)

Author's Note:

AcoustiMandoBrony - I'll Fly Higher

--------------------

Tucked into the page is a written apology to the class.

"Apology Letter To The Class:

To everyone at Ponyville Elementary School, especially Miss Cheerilee,

I am sorry for causing such a big mess yesterday. I should have controlled myself better. Sometimes when somepony hurts or upsets a friend of mine, I act before I think. I will try to control myself better in the future, and I hope nopony sees me any worse today than they did in the past. Once again, I am sorry.

I don't care what Diamond Tiara thinks of me, she didn't need to do that to Featherweight. Featherweight brought his plushie to school in his saddlebags (which I thought was so sweet and adorable). Diamond Tiara saw it on the way outside for recess, and brought it out onto the playground for everypony to see, and for them to make fun of him. Some of the ponies pointed and laughed, and he got pretty embarrassed. Then she threw it in a mud puddle.

I have to stay after school today. After Diamond Tiara did that, I bucked her onto her back and started kicking her. I was so mad at her. There was no need for her to pick on Featherweight, and when she threw the plushie Rarity made in the mud, I just lost it. Diamond Tiara has to stay after school, too, since she was kicking me, as well. I'm alright, just really mad. I kind of wish she wasn't staying after with me, so I wouldn't have to be in the same room as her anymore.

Featherweight waited outside the school for me after class. Diamond Tiara didn't say anything, she just kicked mud at us as she walked by.

Miss Cheerilee told Diamond Tiara and me that if we got in another fight, we would have to be suspended for a week. She said she doesn't want to have to do it, but she has to treat everypony the same, and that four fights is four fights. A fifth one is a week's suspension.

I really don't want to get in trouble like that. I don't want Miss Cheerilee to think of me as a bad pony. I just don't like it when people mess with my friends! I was trying not to cry in the classroom. Like Featherweight has said, don't give her the satisfaction. I think Miss Cheerilee knew I was upset, because she talked to me on my way out (after Diamond Tiara left) and said that if there was a problem I really needed to go to her, because if I take matters into my own hooves, she has to handle it the same way she handles everypony else.

She said she really worries about me. She told me that she’s happy I’m protective of my friends, but that I need to remember how my actions reflect on me. She said that what Diamond Tiara did was absolutely wrong, but that I can't go fighting other students. She says it's for everypony's safety. She told me she didn't want me to think she saw me as bad in any way. She said she has to do her job, and that involves taking care of everypony, "not just Scootaloo."

Featherweight sat and listened the whole time. He said that she was very patient, and that he is reminded again of why she makes such a good teacher. He said that he would have a lot of trouble not picking favorites with ponies like Diamond Tiara in the class, and that she does a great job.

I'm writing a letter of apology to the class. I hate to let Diamond Tiara "win," but I feel like I owe it to Miss Cheerilee.

I talked to Rarity, Sweetie Belle told her what happened. She was not happy. She called Diamond Tiara a self-important brat who doesn't value hard work. I think she was more upset that her work was thrown in the mud than that Featherweight was upset by the whole thing.

--------------------

I told Miss Cheerilee before class that I had something to tell to the whole class. She looked at me confused, but said "sure."

That was the most difficult thing I've done in a while, even compared to flying in front of the class. Miss Cheerilee said that it was "very mature" of me to apologize like that. I really wish I could tell her just how much she means to me. Just because I got better grades on my last three tests doesn't really mean a lot, I don't think. I wish I could really show her how important she is. Without her, I probably wouldn't have made it very far here in Ponyville.

Outside on the playground, Miss Cheerilee kept a close watch on me. She seemed worried. I think I know why, because she stopped Diamond Tiara in the middle of her sentence when Diamond Tiara told me something about my "rightful place" again on the playground. I don't care what Diamond Tiara thinks anymore. I care what she does, especially to my friends. It was nice of Miss Cheerilee to help me out, though.

Featherweight told me after school that what I did was "very courageous." He said he never would have expected me to do something like that. I told him that I felt like I owed it to Miss Cheerilee. He said that he thinks she really respected what I did. I hope so.

I told him I was upset that I let Diamond Tiara win by apologizing today. He said she won the second I attacked her. I've never thought about it like that. He said she's always looking for a reaction. He told me that that's why he tries his best not to get upset with her. I guess I never thought of her as that evil. I always just thought she was a brat. Who enjoys seeing people hurt? How awful.

--------------------

Silver Spoon talked to me at recess, today. She said that she wanted to tell me it was really brave of me to apologize to the class. She said if Diamond Tiara hadn't been causing a scene yesterday, she would've told me then, but she didn't want to butt heads with her friend.

I finally just asked her why she likes Diamond Tiara. She said that Diamond Tiara is really nice to her friends, she's just mean to everypony else. I don't get it. What did everypony do to her?

I told Featherweight what Silver Spoon told me. He said he never has disliked her. He said that he feels, sometimes, like she's just scared of Diamond Tiara. I told him that apparently she's nice to Silver Spoon. He said it's probably because Silver Spoon's family is rich, too.

Featherweight and I are hanging out with Sweetie Belle, Pipsqueak, Apple Bloom, and Ocean Breeze this evening. We're going to the clubhouse and playing some games. I told Apple Bloom to expect Applejack to visit a few dozen times if we were all in the clubhouse again.

We eventually got bored of horseshoes and board games and went into town for a treat. We went to Sugarcube Corner. Ocean Breeze offered to pay for everything again. We all told him not to, that it wasn't fair to him. He didn't understand. He just doesn't seem to get the value of money, yet. Maybe he'll learn as he stays in town. He only has so much of an allowance now, and I think he keeps forgetting that. He already bought Apple Bloom a pretty heart necklace with an amathamethisamethyst in it. I think that if he bought everypony's treats, he would be out of money for the week. It's still more than I get. Ever. I think it's more than Mom makes in a day's work.

Then Featherweight went and paid for my strawberry shake! I ought to buck him in the head.

--------------------

Tucked into this page are two clips of an article about Ocean Breeze.

"Welcoming New Friends
by Featherweight

Recently, we had a newcomer join our class. Ocean Breeze is a bright and traveled young colt who has found himself a new resident of our humble town. 'I like the community, and I like the atmosphere,' he said in interview, 'I feel like it is a wonderful place to live.'

'He's a nice colt. It's been fun hanging out with him the last couple of weeks,' shared Apple Bloom when asked about the newcomer, (Continued on page 3A)"

"New Friends, from page 1A
'I'm always happy to meet nice new friends,' she continued. My friends and I came across this new colt when Scootaloo ran into him in town. Scootaloo met Ocean Breeze in Port Mane months ago, and, as luck would have it, his parents purchased a place here in town to visit on occasion. 'I couldn't believe it when I saw them, but here they were,' Scootaloo told the FFP, 'They live in my home from when I lived in Port Mane.'

Be sure to give a warm welcome to the new colt when you see him or his guardian, Cherry Tart, around town. Show him that Ponyville is a wonderful place to call home!"

Diamond Tiara tried to buddy up to Ocean Breeze today after she found out who his parents were. He said he didn't buy her sweet talk for one second. He's been in the class for a few days now. He's seen how she treats everypony, he says.

Diamond Tiara basically tried to get Ocean Breeze to ask her out on the playground. Like she didn't understand that he was taken, and like she didn't get that he sees through her. I don't know which upsets me more. Apple Bloom almost caused a scene of her own today when Ocean Breeze told her what Diamond Tiara did. Ocean Breeze told her just to let it go. I think she's worried about her trying to take him. I don't think she needs to worry, though.

Diamond Tiara tried again to sweet talk Ocean Breeze and he told her to leave him alone and he wasn't interested. She got really mad. She said she didn't see why anypony would ever want to be with someone as "lowly" as Apple Bloom, while she was standing next to him. I almost got myself in trouble again, but then Ocean Breeze said something that made me laugh. He told Diamond Tiara "well, first, she's not a total brat" like Diamond Tiara, and that "second, she cares about more than how much money somepony has." I thought Diamond Tiara was going to explode. Her face was a red I've never seen on somepony like Diamond Tiara before.

Featherweight and I joked all evening about what Ocean Breeze said. Ocean Breeze said he didn't think he said anything wrong (maybe "wrong" isn't the right word, because it was totally fitting for Diamond Tiara). He said he would have told anypony else the same if it were true, and that he always tells people what he thinks. It was really funny, that's for sure. A drawing of a very upset Diamond Tiara.

--------------------

Everypony else was busy today, so I hung around with Pipsqueak. He said he was happy to spend time with me. He said he hasn't really had a chance to talk with me on my own.

I asked him how he and Sweetie Belle were. He said that she is a nice filly, but that she needs to stop thinking that just because Rarity says she messed up means she really messed up. Apparently Rarity still gets on her case a lot, but now Pipsqueak is the one who deals with it. I hope she's at least better than she was. Sweetie Belle hasn't really talked about it like she used to. Maybe it's because she talks with Pipsqueak instead.

Pipsqueak is a really nice colt. I'm glad he and Sweetie Belle are together. He just kept talking about how he hoped she was okay today. I guess she went with Rarity to some fashion show to help show off the dresses. I really hope that doesn't go wrong, though I am not holding my breath. Pipsqueak said he wanted to go and see her, but that he forgot to set his alarm, and woke up after they left town. That's too bad. He seemed pretty upset and embarrassed.

Featherweight met up with us after he finished helping his dad clean the house. The three of us went to Fluttershy's cottage and helped feed the animals. It was a really nice day, except poor Pipsqueak seemed upset he was missing Sweetie Belle's show.

I was right, apparently Sweetie Belle had trouble with the stuff Rarity had her wear and she stumbled and knocked over three racks of clothes. Rarity was on her case most of the week. She stayed with me for two days to get away from it. Sometimes Rarity can be so nice, but most of the time she makes me so mad. No wonder Sweetie Belle always feels so bad. Rarity gets on her case so much.

I tried to keep Sweetie Belle's mind off the event. We went with all of our friends and kind of took over the playground this weekend. We played games and passed the time, like a special recess with nopony but us. Sweetie Belle seemed happy, so I'm happy. Pipsqueak seemed happy she was happy, too.

--------------------

Featherweight and I are going to show Mom how my practice has been going. I'm not a lot better, but I can definitely stay in the air longer! I haven't learned to do any new tricks, but I'm getting pretty good at the ones I have learned! My wings just get tired so fast, still. It's harder to stay in the air than it looks!

Mom said she was really excited to see how well I was doing. She said if I kept up like this, I'd make it onto the Wonderbolts before she did. It was awful nice of her to say that, but I am more surprised she hasn't been accepted to the Wonderbolts, yet! What's it take to be on the team?

Mom told me I should try and learn some new tricks. Featherweight said he doesn't really know many tricks. He told her he never really wanted to be a trick flier. The only reason he knows how to do flips and rolls is because he thought they would be fun. He said rolls are sometimes nice when he's in a hurry and has to get through a busy area, but that since he just wanted to learn to fly fast and safe, he never really bothered learning tricks.

Who doesn't want to learn to do tricks? I thought every pegasus wanted to be on the Wonderbolts! I asked him why he didn't want to learn to fly like the Wonderbolts, he said he never wanted to be in the spotlight and he said that he believes he'd never be that good. I guess that makes sense. I don't know how he would be around big crowds of ponies. The thing is, I know, and I think he knows, too, that he could be an amazing flyer if he tried to learn some tricks. He's already very good.

This evening, Featherweight had a surprise party planned for me! I totally forgot it was my birthday! Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom had worked with Featherweight to make a photo album of our (failed) attempts to get our Cutie Marks. Featherweight said he really enjoyed looking back through the pictures and seeing how happy we all looked. It's a really sweet gift. I don't even remember doing all these things. We really need list somewhere. Pipsqueak got me a collection of souvenirs from Trottingham. He says his dad went back over recently to visit some family, and he figured it'd be a nice little gift. Ocean Breeze found some more things that Auntie Raincloud had left at the house when he helped cleared out the storage room recently. He gave it to me, telling me he figured I would really want anything I could find of my family. He also had a picture of Mama and Papa's grave covered in flowers. He said that his parents make sure that the grave looks nice so if I ever visit, it doesn't look lonely. I really appreciate it. It's very sweet.

--------------------

I got an A on my test! I've never had an A on any test, or really any assignment for that matter! I'm so excited! Miss Cheerilee said I did a wonderful job. She said she was proud that I did so well, and she hopes I keep paying attention so well.

Featherweight told me he was very happy for me. All my friends told me the same thing. I'm really happy. I never thought I would ever get an A on anything! Especially not a test!

Mom and Dad were both really happy, too! We went out to eat and celebrate. I got a daffodil sandwich and some strawberry pie. I need to do well on my assignments more often if it means every day will be like this!

Featherweight and I spent the evening on the couch, talking with Mom and Dad. Featherweight said he is very happy with how much happier I've been lately. He said he wishes I was always like this, because he can't stand it when I'm upset.

I have to say, I have been feeling pretty good lately. Featherweight was right. Just because something goes wrong doesn't always make everything my fault. I think Mama and Papa would be happy to see me like this. I know I enjoy not being so upset all the time.

PreviousChapters Next