• Published 23rd May 2012
  • 10,289 Views, 956 Comments

The Autobiography of Scootaloo - A Diary Collection - Tails_155



This is a story focusing on life from Scootaloo's POV. It takes place starting before season one.

  • ...
30
 956
 10,289

PreviousChapters Next
The Sweet Would Never Taste So Sweet (♫)

Author's Note:

Chapter Theme:

Bucky Covington - It's Good To Be Us

--------------------

This morning the town was covered in posters for the Hearth's Warming Eve celebration, and there's auditions for parts. I'm not really interested, but Sweetie Belle was really excited. Sweetie Belle is going to auditions tomorrow after school. We are all going to go and support her.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders are not cellists. Octavia kicked us out after we almost broke a couple of her prize concert cellos. I felt really bad. I didn't mean to bump them! Why are the stored in those thin cases anyway? I'd make a box or something. Something strong.

We're not so good at horseshoes, either. We'd played it before, but never to get our cutie marks. I really hope that bunny is okay.

I'm really disappointed, we always seem to break something or hurt something when we try to get our cutie marks. We don't mean to, but why does this always happen?

--------------------

Pipsqueak was downtown, today. He said Sweetie Belle had to help Rarity move things for her upcoming clothing line. Fancy Pants bought several cases and they need to get down to the station. Last time I offered to help Rarity move things, I ended up stuck under fifty crates. I hope Sweetie Belle is okay, but Pipsqueak said she's probably already on the train to Canterlot.

I asked him what he was doing, today. He said he went to his mom's house, and she wasn't home. His dad is busy with the weekend marketplace tents, so he's just walking around, looking for things to do. I invited him to come with me to Featherweight's. He said he would be happy to visit with us. We passed Golden Manchet on the way to Featherweight's house, he was too busy to stay and chat. Berry Punch's tent needed fixing. When we got to Featherweight's house, he was brushing his teeth, and almost spat the toothpaste in my face, since he hadn't rinsed, yet.

We went to Apple Bloom's house to see what she was doing. She and Ocean Breeze were helping Applejack and Big Macintosh sort apples. We hung around for a while, and got some really tasty apples out of the deal. I'm sure Mom and Dad will like them. We left for the clubhouse where we played games for a while. Apple Bloom said she ran into Diamond Tiara downtown, and said she was really quiet, even though she was downtown with Granny Smith. I don't know why, but I almost feel bad she's not making fun of us? She doesn't have to be as mean as before, but I hate to think she's really upset, even as much as she drives me crazy, I know what loneliness feels like, what sadness and loss feel like.

I asked Featherweight where his dad was. He usually didn't leave the house as early as he did. I wondered if there was another gallery coming up, but he said he didn't know where his dad was. He said he figured his dad would let him know if there was a new gallery, since he usually helped. Pipsqueak, Featherweight and I went back to Featherweight's house. Ocean Breeze took Apple Bloom to eat, saying they'd had apples all day, and that he wanted something different. He invited us all to go, but we all hate having him spend money on us. I appreciate it, but I don't want to feel like I'm using him.

Shutter Speed got home sort of late. He went into the dark room after greeting us. Featherweight said he must have done a full day shoot. He said he hasn't done that in a while. Usually he only does it when he has a lot on his mind. Pipsqueak asked if he needed to leave and let Featherweight talk to his dad. Featherweight said he'd talk to his dad after school, tomorrow or later tonight.

The three of us played games for a while, and once it got dark, Featherweight walked both of us home. Pipsqueak's dad was already asleep when we got to his house. He said he usually sleeps early after weekend work, because it's really tough work. I imagine, he hauls boards and stuff around all day, it has to be exhausting.

Featherweight kissed me goodnight and headed home, I set my apples from earlier on the counter and curled up with Mom, who was reading the newest Daring Do. She didn't notice me at first. She said the story was so exciting she didn't really notice what was happening around her. She gets so funny when she's reading those books. She gets REALLY into them.

--------------------

Diamond Tiara was kind of herself, again. She wasn't afraid to pick on us, but she didn't seem quite as into it as usual. She definitely sounded like she was hiding some feelings. I guess I should be happy she's not being the same brat she usually is, but I just can't let it go.

I told Featherweight I'd catch up with him later, I may be playing with fire, but I feel like I need to talk to Diamond Tiara. She knows I know what happened, and that I know the feeling of losing somepony special to me. Here goes nothing.

Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon started by trying to pick on me, but when I explained why I was there, they actually both shut up. I told Diamond Tiara that if she needed somepony to talk to, she just needed to let me know. She looked around and then turned back to me when she was sure nopony else was around. She said she wouldn't ever make fun of me for losing my parents and aunt again. She said she never knew how bad it hurt, and she may not really like me or my friends, but she isn't going to be that mean (again, at least.) I don't know why, but something about that felt amazing. She must have really learned something from this. The feeling was short lived, though, because I asked about her parents being away and she told me to go away before she changed her mind. Oh well. I tried.

When I caught up to Featherweight, he was looking through his dad's new photos, and talking with his dad. He told me I could come in after I asked him if it was alright. His dad said he was alright, but Featherweight wasn't buying it. I found it kind of tough, myself, since he seemed softer spoken than usual, and that's saying something. He kept saying he was alright, though. Eventually we moved on to simple chatting and just looking through the pictures. I told him I really liked a picture he had of a butterfly on a dandelion, and he gave me a framed copy. I felt a bit bad taking it, I know that he could make at least forty bits off it, since that's what he usually makes off the pictures this size. He said that it was fine, but I still had trouble. I'll put it on my windowsill when I get home.

On the walk home, Featherweight seemed nervous. He said his dad usually tells him when something's up, so today was pretty strange for him. I told him not to worry about it, sometimes it just takes a while to get to talking about things. I do wonder what's up, though.

--------------------

Sweetie Belle is both excited and nervous, because she was selected for the Hearth's Warming Eve narrator. On the playground Diamond Tiara told her not to screw it up or she'd never be able to show her face, again. We told Sweetie Belle not to worry, that she'd do great. She has to practice a lot, for a while, so we may help some, but she said she may not be up for doing much with the Crusaders for a while.

After class, Sweetie Belle ran home to work on the script, I just hope Rarity doesn't give her too much trouble. Sweetie Belle will be great for the show. I'm really excited for her! A drawing of Sweetie Belle bowing, with roses at her feet, fills the middle of the page.

Featherweight and I got to fly around for a bit, but it got too cold, even I had trouble staying in the air, and Featherweight is a twig! We went to Mom's and rested before heading back down to the ground. It didn't help much, but it is cloud, so I guess that's no surprise. We went to Featherweight's. The house was empty, again. He made some hot cocoa for us and we talked. He said he's more and more nervous about his dad. He said he didn't know if it was a good or bad thing on his dad's mind, but that he knew something was up. At least it could be something good, I guess?

He said he was going to try and talk with his dad again, soon. We left and walked around town. Featherweight had his sweater, now. We went and I grabbed a vest. I guess it's cold enough I should start taking this to school. We caught up with Pipsqueak, Apple Bloom and Ocean Breeze at Ocean Breeze's house. Ocean Breeze saw us and called us inside. Cherry Tart made us some wonderful cherry tarts (go figure.) We all talked about getting something for Sweetie Belle to give her after the show. We have about a month to figure out what we're doing, so we should have plenty of time to do something.

--------------------

Sweetie Belle said that she spent most of the evening trying on things for Rarity and didn't get any time to practice reading. Rarity is in charge of costumes for the show, and decided that Sweetie Belle would be her filly mannequin. I have a feeling Sweetie Belle will end up at the clubhouse before this is over.

At recess, I suggested the clubhouse to her, and she said Rarity would come looking for her if she needed a pony, so it was pointless. I guess, so, but she needs to get time to practice. She said Rarity will have to give her time, because Rarity wouldn't want to be the reason the play was a flop. I guess, so, but I'd hate to be Sweetie Belle.

Pipsqueak, Featherweight and I went to check on Sweetie Belle. When we got to the Carousel Boutique, Twilight was half dressed in a shiny costume I am guessing was for Princess Platinum. We could hear Sweetie Belle squeaking out lines of the script from the stairs. We didn't go in right away. She's really into the part. She screwed up some lines, but she sounds good.

She seemed embarrassed when we got into her room, but was happy to have a little break. We chatted for a little while, but left to give her more time to practice. Pipsqueak said he was going to have to find ways to pass the time like he used to with Sweetie Belle so busy, because his dad and mom both work late hours during the week, most days. We stopped by his dad's house, where he was staying, and it was empty. He made us some tea and we hung out there, it was too cold to go to the clubhouse. Featherweight and I talked and decided if Pipsqueak didn't have anything else to do, he could hang out with us, instead of being alone. Pipsqueak seemed pretty happy to be invited.

We stopped by Fluttershy and Shooting Star's for a while. The three of us helped feed the animals, and get the dens ready for winter. Fluttershy said she was very happy to have somepony else to help, because she and Shooting Star were behind schedule, and had a lot of animals to take care of. It was a lot of fun, and the bunnies and foxes were pretty happy with the work we did. We helped break up bedding and Fluttershy got us blankets for them. It really doesn't surprise me that Fluttershy would have blankets for all her animals, but I found it funny, still.

This evening was a lot of fun, I hope Sweetie Belle got some practice in. I'm sure we'll hear about it, tomorrow, if she had to play dress up with Rarity all evening, again. Maybe Twilight kept Rarity busy enough Sweetie Belle had the evening free. I just hope our visiting her didn't waste her practice time.

PreviousChapters Next