• Published 23rd May 2012
  • 10,274 Views, 956 Comments

The Autobiography of Scootaloo - A Diary Collection - Tails_155



This is a story focusing on life from Scootaloo's POV. It takes place starting before season one.

  • ...
30
 956
 10,274

PreviousChapters Next
Growing Up Is Optional (♫)

Author's Note:

Chapter Theme:

Jason Lancaster - Growing Up

--------------------

Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and I manage to push one of the smaller crates into the warehouse. It was exhausting!

Maple Woods' warehouse is really nice. Everypony was really happy. I always had images in my head of big burly ponies who do their job because they have to. Everypony was really kind and inviting. They showed us all the furniture that was shipping out when we leave. There's a lot of stuff. We met the ponies in charge of making sure the deliveries are on time, what goes where, all that stuff. Crossed Tea and Dotted Eye were happy to show us the forms and explain how it all worked. I had no idea there was so much to think about when shipping things. Really, I never thought much about shipping things at all.

We took some crates with us back to the ship. Apple Bloom isn't ready to go. She's nervous. Maple Woods got some ginger and said it should help. She doesn't seem to believe him. We'll have to see.

Apple Bloom seems alright, so far. We're hopping off and the ship has to leave really quick. Some of the pegasi on the ship are actually going to fly us off and hop back on the ship. We're not even docking. I am going to fly on my own. Save them the trouble. Plus, I'll get to spend some time flying with Featherweight. We haven't been able to do that much, lately. I hope the cold doesn't get to us. I definitely don't want to end up in the water!

All went well. Mom and Dad were at the dock waiting for us. We don't have much time in Port Mane before we have to head home. Mom, Dad, Featherweight and I stopped by my old house for a bit. I still always feel strange when I come to these steps. I once lived here. It was the only place I ever knew my original parents. It sometimes gets to me. I hate to admit it.

We got back home and I was cold and exhausted. Featherweight and I cuddled up on the couch until he had to go home. I don't say it often, but I love him. I love him so much. He is so much I wish I could be. He's patient and calm. He's rational and he really cares. He always seems to be able to pick me up when I'm down.

--------------------

Sweetie Belle came up with this cool play, and we've been working on it for a while. I really can't wait to see what happens when everypony sees it! Maybe we'll all become actors! What would an actor cutie mark even look like?

Nopony is free this afternoon. Sweetie Belle is busy fixing up the script, and Apple Bloom is helping make treats with Granny Smith. Featherweight and Pipsqueak are spending the day together with Shutter Speed. Pipsqueak is giving photography a shot. They planned this weeks ago. Ocean Breeze is going to be out of town for quite a while. He is helping his dad design a new set of furniture, hooves-on stuff. Must be pretty cool.

I'm just kind of sitting around. Mom came home and we flew for a little bit, but she's tired. She had to help a couple other towns catch up on cloudbusting, so she went to bed early. Dad works real late today, so I guess I'll just go to bed.

--------------------

Sweetie Belle waited until the last minute to ask Rarity about the costumes, so we almost didn't have any. Then we got them and that's all anypony wanted to talk about. They didn't even remember the play. Sweetie Belle is really, really upset. I don't even know what to say. It's crummy that nopony remembered anything about the play, but Rarity just wanted to help.

------------------

Uh... we have a problem. We need to get to Rarity's presentation for Sapphire Shores' show, now. Sweetie Belle tried to ruin the outfit, and it could be a big problem for Rarity. We all are trying to figure out why she did it, but she's so worried about Rarity we need to get there fast. We're on the train, and Sweetie Belle is just staring out the window.

Well, everything worked out okay! I'm glad... that was almost a mess. Sweetie Belle is so embarrassed. She's relieved that we were able to get things taken care of in time, though. She says Princess Luna really helped her out. She said she just got so upset about how Rarity was always hogging the spotlight, and she didn't even realize Rarity has just been trying to help her out this whole time. She talked with Rarity and Rarity is just happy Sweetie Belle came clean. Sapphire Shores loved the outfit, it was perfect, it even had her lucky animal on the headdress. She's so excited! Things turned out great!

------------------

This week Featherweight and I have planned to just hang out together. We've been so busy with our own situations lately that we need to catch up. He's been busy with the paper and getting to be closer to Pipsqueak. He's really starting to get past the worrying. I'm happy to see him as close to his dad as before. He and Pipsqueak are cute pals. They really stick up for each other. Diamond Tiara was picking on Pipsqueak when he couldn't reach the colored pencils, and Featherweight put the colored pencils up high where Diamond Tiara couldn't reach them, and told her to go get them. It was pretty funny, and that's the smuggest I've ever seen Featherweight.

The other way around, Pipsqueak is not afraid to stand up to Diamond Tiara when she picks on Featherweight. Featherweight may be a lot better about talking with people, but he's still a lot like Fluttershy. One day Diamond Tiara was being Diamond Tiara at Featherweight, and Pipsqueak stood between the two of them and actually managed to back Diamond Tiara away. She got all angry and stomped off. I was kind of surprised. He's pretty brave. I think he could make a good leader, someday. He's not afraid to stand up for what he thinks is right, and he is always wanting to help out his friends. He really cares, he listens, and he likes to solve problems. He's not afraid to ask for help when he needs it, either.

------------------

Featherweight and I went to Sugarcube Corner and got some snacks and talked. He said he was really happy to get to spend time with me. He even kissed me in the middle of the place! Everypony was staring at us. I was embarrassed, but I couldn't be mad at him. He had to be fighting his own embarrassment, as nervous as he gets. I could feel how red-faced I was for quite a while, but I felt happy. I haven't been able to spend much time with him recently, at all. This week is just what we needed.

Featherweight said he's not writing anything this week. Shady Daze is standing in for him. He said he's just so worn out. He's been taking photos for Shady, and just relaxing. The last week or so, he's had to write three times as much, because two of the writers have been sick with hay fever. Now that they're back, he can take a break. It's really nice of Shady to help out. He's a pretty good friend of Featherweight's though, I wouldn't expect any less. Featherweight would do the same for him.

------------------

Tonight Featherweight took me to a pretty fancy restaurant. He said he owed it to me. I hate it when he says junk like that. He doesn't owe me a thing. I demanded that I pay the tip since he wouldn't let me pay the bill. I think he was a bit embarrassed and thought I was mad at him. I just couldn't let him use up all his money on this one meal. He doesn't make a whole lot. His dad's photos sell a lot more than his, and even his dad struggles sometimes to keep the lights on.

The meal was good, and I was happy to be with him. We had really nice seats near the balcony. We had a really nice view of the stars. After we were done eating we went out into the fields south of his dad's house and just watched the skies until we heard the timber wolves howl. I love the night time. The stars are so pretty. I haven't written to Princess Luna in a while, but I don't even know what I'd say. Maybe I'll figure something out.

------------------

Looks like Babs beat us to it. She got her Cutie Mark. I mean... I'm happy and all... but... I really wish we could get ours. It's been forever! Oh well. I'm happy for her. She sent a letter to Apple Bloom. Maybe it was too expensive to send a letter to all of us. Maybe she knew we'd all see the letter anyway. Her cutie mark is scissors. It's cool, but I'm really jealous.

I feel like a mule for feeling this way. I mean, I really am happy, I'm just... embarrassed. I feel like I must be broken or something. I am glad she didn't tell us face to face, because I feel like I would've stomped all over her big moment. Oh, well, we're going to get ours soon. We have to. We just have to!

I went home on my own today. I didn't want to ruin anypony's day with how grumpy I was. I'm some friend, getting jealous like this.

--------------------

Princess Luna met us at the clubhouse... in our dreams. We all met and she told us we needed to stop worrying so much about our cutie marks and worry about what makes us happy, and that our cutie mark won't change who we are. I feel really bad for how grumpy I was yesterday. The three of us are going to send a care package to Babs Seed. We're worried she might have panicked about what she's supposed to do now that she has her cutie mark. Maybe we can help her celebrate her cutie mark in a nice, happy way.

We sent it off. Hopefully she'll really like everything. I really am happy for her, and maybe soon we can get our Cutie Marks, too! Featherweight says he's happy to see that I'm not upset. He was worried when he found out Babs got her cutie mark I'd be beating myself up about it. I couldn't tell him how yesterday went.

I really need to write Princess Luna, now. She really helped us all get over ourselves and our stupid worries about our cutie marks. She really has been there for us, and she doesn't need to be. I think she really does it out of the kindness in her heart. It's so weird to think she used to be Nightmare Moon.

--------------------

PreviousChapters Next