• Published 24th May 2012
  • 1,902 Views, 39 Comments

The Untold Story of Ditzy Doo - discord7



This story depicts Derpy Hooves, or Ditzy Doo when that's what she was known as, and her early life.

  • ...
1
 39
 1,902

Author's Note

Hey guys, author inuboy7 here, I decided to add this chapter because I wanted to tell you guys how much I appreciate all the positive feedback with this fic. When I first became a brony, I had no idea what a fanfic was. One day on YouTube I saw a link for a "Dramatic Reading". The first fanfic I ever heard was Cupcakes. I was absolutely mortified, but it was rather an interesting side of the brony lifestyle I had never though existed. Cupcakes wasn’t the one that got me wanting to write though. It was MLD, formally known as My Little Dashie. I listened to all three, prequel, sequel, and threequel, they were only the ones approved by the OG author Robcakeran53 though.

With this fanfic I decided I wanted to do something like this. But first I needed a story; The Untold Story of Ditzy Doo was actually not the one I came here to write. This is actually only my second one. It is more popular than the first one though. I originally wrote The Secret Diary of an Equestrian Rich Pony: Diamond Tiara edition. I felt little DT was ridiculed a little so I gave her a back story. I was pretty popular and I got a lot of good feedback. But here's the story of how Ditzy came to be.

When I finally heard about the issue with Derpy, the name change and editing done by the Hub I knew I had to do something. That's right I was REAAAALLY late on the Derpy issue. I wanted to do a fic dedicated to her. Because I really thought that she needed something to make the bronies love her even more. I always wanted Derpy to have some kind of romantic relationship in there, but I didn't think anybrony even tells who the father of her filly Dinky was. I actually was going to put Dinky in here, except I ran out of ideas.

Anyways, Ditzy needed a romantic character, so I made Domino. It was kind of just a, let’s think of a name thing. Now the meeting of them was a little more complex. I wanted to add a new chapter every day so I came up with each idea as it came to me. I'd think of the material as I was at work. I remembered that in my last story I had two friends meet because of an OC I came up with to play a bully named Topz.

That's right Topz is just a repeat character, I've decided to use him every time I have a bully story. So I thought why not have him save her from a really bad bully. As I went on the story got a little slow. I had to keep interesting, so when I wrote the chapter for Derpy going to flight camp I decided, Domino needs a character build. After all I could make him anything; I thought the perfect character would be a runaway. It also led to the chapter where the Haymill police come in to take Domino.

My favorite part of the story, and I feel it may also be what made this story, was when Topz beats Derpy up the second time and Derpy stands up. I loved writing that part; it was the moment Derpy decides she won't take it anymore. It was the defining moment, I felt, that really brought Derpys whole character together. I hope you all enjoyed the story; I'll be sure to try and keep up the stories and make 'em better.


P.S. I know some fanfic writers like to write sequels. I couldn't think of anything else, but if you can I'd like to hear it. If you do make a sequel shoot me a line I'll check it out, and if I like it enough I'll give it the seal of approval. Ha just kidding. Thanks for reading, I know not everyone's gonna want to see my author's note. Heck I don't even read authors notes at the end of books. Anyways keep calm and brony on everypony!

Comments ( 14 )

I liked this a lot, :yay:

667170ya i get alot on my spelling, i know derpy fic probably exploded after the whole issue with her but i don't think many of them got popular, at least i haven't seen any that have been. but thanks for your oppinion, i need every one i can get. I'll probably be devastated when i get a dislike for this lol. its been up for a week now nobrony has disliked it. and ya i know about the spelling errors, im trying to get an editor, im new to this site, only a week and a half old so ya. anyways thanks.

I could take a look and edit it if you'd like.

770981thanks just pm me sometime I'll send you the link to edit it

That P.S. at the end has given me ideas, I will take the challenge of writing a sequel, it might not be as good as this one, but I will try my best. :rainbowdetermined2:

641137

It's not free speech, it's spam. A bot made that.

Also, authors notes has 666 words, lol.

942417lol i laughed when i saw that as well

965800 that's what i was going for:derpytongue2: i had to do something after seeing the save derpy campain so late

ive alwaysed loved ditys:heart::derpyderp1:

such a sad story,but now there only the gap in between what happened to domino and how dinky came to be and how ditzy got her crossed eyes and he speech disability. i think her speech disability was aphasia

1056905 I'm probably not gunna do a second story for this to be honest. I think I'll leave it at that, as for the speech I didn't find it necessary to include seeing as it wasn't consistant with anything. I'm getting help with editing now so the words may change... a bit. But the initial basis of the story's gunna be the same.

1348833 Lulz I'm glad you liked the story. This is one of my own personal faves of mine.

:pinkiesad2:Eyes fell out due to excessive lubrication and water pressure. Such a beautiful story.

I almost didn't read it because of the coverart but im glad I did it gave me this feeling kinda like sad :applecry: but happy at the same time is there a word for it? sad and happy.:pinkiehappy:.............. *gasp* SAPPY:pinkiesad2:!!!

This Is COMPLETELY off topic but have you wondered why is there a pinkiesad2 but there isn't a pinkiesad1

Login or register to comment