• Published 24th May 2012
  • 1,903 Views, 39 Comments

The Untold Story of Ditzy Doo - discord7



This story depicts Derpy Hooves, or Ditzy Doo when that's what she was known as, and her early life.

  • ...
1
 39
 1,903

Hi I'm Domino!

My name is Ditzy Doo. I'm only a filly and I'm still not old enough to go to flight camp, my mom says she might not even enroll me yet because she says that she doesn't think I'm ready. I am a pretty weak flyer but still... hearing that kind of thing from your own mom... it hurts sometimes, you know? I get a lot of ridicule though, you'd think I'd be used to it by now but the truth is, there is no getting over it. Every day ponies tease me; they say I'm stupid or I'm dumb, "Klutzy Doo as klutzy does". They're only names, but when nopony has your flank, it can sometimes feel like the whole world is against you. It's like nopony wants you to be there and sometimes, even though I'm young, I feel like it's not even worth it.

It was a usual day at school. Recess... it was the saddest time for me, while all the other ponies played on the jungle gym or out on the field playing freeze tag I sat here on a single swing, once again by myself. They all avoided me, except when they felt like picking on me so one day I decided I might as well stop hiding and make a designated area for myself. The small solace it gave me knowing I had some place to be, was somewhat comforting. As I swung silently, I found myself trying to find a way to deal with the day’s abuse from the other foals. As I thought though, I didn't notice a shadow block the sunlight from hitting my back. I didn't notice until the figure spoke from behind me.

"Hey, Klutzy Doo." Said a voice I knew all too well.

Topz, he was my bully and he loved to tease me. Recently though, he had become more physical. He pushed me from behind, I fell muzzle first into the dirt. I picked myself up a little and tried to spit out some of the grit from my teeth. I looked up for somepony to help me, nothing. Only a few ponies had stopped and gathered in a circle around me to watch my beating... again.

"Come on, Klutzy, get your flank up." He bucked me in the ribcage and I howled with pain. "What's wrong with you, huh, Klutzy?" He paused to laugh, "What isn't wrong with you? Your eyes are messed up, you can't talk right, and you can't even stand up right."

I attempted to lift myself up. I felt like what he said was sort of true, I never really had that much control of my hooves. As I tried to get up I tripped on my other hoof and fell to the ground. Everypony was laughing. I looked up at the crowd of my classmates all laughing at me, feeling pity for myself I didn't want to see them all so I closed my eyes tight. I felt the tears begin to well up, I could still hear them I cuffed my hooves over my ears.

Topz grabbed my wings with his teeth.

"What's the matter Klutzy? Can't get up?” He asked my feathers gritted between his teeth.

I screamed, but still nopony came to my aid. He shoved my face into the dirt and the crowd roared. I could feel my nose begin to bleed; I think he might have broken it. I sobbed as I turned my face to the right I saw a pair of tawny colored hooves. I looked up and saw somepony who wasn't laughing. The crowd hushed down at the arrival of this new pony.

"Who the hay is this?" Topz asked as he burst into laughter.

"You know for a pony, who says he's smarter than her, you sure do ask a lot of questions." The new pony fired.

Everypony 'oohed' at the challenge.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Topz shot back.

"It means maybe you should pick on somepony your own size." He shot at the bully.

As Topz processed this, the tawny colt punched him in the muzzle. His nose began to bleed worse than mine.

AAAHHHH! He screamed.

“I DINK NYOU MROKE MY NOSE!” He gurgled through his bleeding nostrils, you could hardly understand him.

The crowd roared with delight at the impact of action. The tawny colored colt glanced back at me, smiled, and then winked. My face flushed red a little. Topz struck back and sucker punched him on the side of his face.

"Ha, you got some nerve, buddy." The colt said.

Topz rushed him; in a frustrated rage he tripped himself and missed. The tawny colored colt looked down at him and shoved his face in the ground.

While Topz was dazed the tawny colt came to me leaned down to eye level. Now that I could see his face clearly, I saw that he had a flowing black mane and bright green eyes.

"You OK?" He asked.

"Ya, I'm fine thanks" I told him gratefully as he helped me up.

He looked at me and laughed. Topz began to stir and my new friend took notice.

"Come on let's get out of here." We began to gallop out of the crowd.

The crowd parted as we ran their eyes all following us as we left the scene.

I followed behind him to the side of one of the classrooms so that we could catch our breath. Our eyes met and we both burst into laughter.

"So." the mysterious colt began "you get bullied a lot I take it?"

He looked about the same age as me, maybe a few months older.

It was more of a statement than a question, I looked down. "Well that's all gonna change while I'm here, got it?" I looked into his green eyes, he smiled... he really was sincere.

I smiled back.

"Good. Now let's get some introductions going. I'm Domino, Domino Dots." He stuck out his hoof.

"Ditzy..." I whispered.

"Pardon me? I didn't catch that."

"My name is Ditzy." I told him, offering a hoof. "Ditzy Doo."

We bumped hooves.

"Well it's real nice to meet a pony with manners. I'm new here"

And that's how I met my very first friend: Domino Dots.