• Published 5th Jul 2015
  • 2,453 Views, 20 Comments

My Little Pony: Transformers Prime - LibbytheKautz



The Autobots are working with a space bridge when a malfunction occurs, which leads them to a strange new dimension...

  • ...
4
 20
 2,453

Chapter 13: Zip Lining

"Watch out!!!" a squeaky filly's voice called, "you're going to hit the--"

Jack yelped as he reached the end of the zipline and continued on past the stopper, hitting the tree it was attached to with a whump. He moaned as the sharp pine branches mercilessly dug into his coat.

"...tree."

He let out a low groan as he peeled off the tree, falling through the branches and onto the ground.

The sound of hooves scampered over to him as he spit out a wad of tree sap. He turned his head to see the three fillies who had been trying to help him find his 'cutie mark'.

"Oh, sorry Jack," the red-maned filly apologized, smiling sheepishly. She turned to the light grey unicorn, "But how could that warning have helped him, Sweetie Belle?!" she accused, "He was going to hit the tree at that point!"

The curly-maned filly winced. "I just thought I'd warn him of the inevitable, Apple Bloom, yeesh."

Apple Bloom groaned, then turned back to Jack. "We're sorry, really."

"But that was awesome!" added a third filly, an orange pegasus with a scruffy magenta mane.

"Scootaloo!" Applebloom scolded, giving her a death glare.

Scootaloo laughed nervously, then turned back to Jack. "Sorry," she said, rubbing the back of her neck, "I guess our zip line is made for fillies, not stallions." The three fillies nodded in unison.

Jack sighed, then with a grunt pulled himself back onto his hooves.

"S'okay," he lied, pulling some tree sap out of his mane, "what's fun without... risks?"

The sound of hooves approaching and a snicker came to Jack's attention. He huffed. He knew that laugh.

"It's not funny, Miko!" Jack retorted, "you promised you wouldn't laugh!"

"I promised I wouldn't get in the way," she reminded him, "I never said I wouldn't laugh," the lavender pegasus crossed her hooves smugly.

Jack rolled his eyes and turned back to the Crusaders. "So... what's... next?" he asked, laughing nervously.

The three fillies rubbed their chins, looked to Jack, then to each other. They talked with their eyes for a couple seconds, then formed a huddle. After a few moments of whispering, they turned back to Jack.

“We’re out of ideas,” Applebloom said dejectedly, “you’re a stallion, we’re just three filles. How are we supposed to help you?”

“Oh come on!” Sweetie Belle squeaked, “we’re the Cutie Mark Crusaders! We’ll just sing a song and-”

“No no!” Jack interrupted, “if you’re out of ideas that’s fine! I’d hate to bother you,” he continued, swinging a foreleg back and forth nervously, “I insist.”

Scootaloo, Applebloom, and Sweetie Belle turned to each other, shrugged, then back to Jack.

“If you want a break, go ahead,” Scootaloo sighed, “as long as you promise to come back later to try hang gliding!”

Jack grimaced, but a look from Miko made him morph it into a forced smile. “Sure,” he coughed, “later... .”

The Crusaders jumped into the air, connecting hooves. “I can’t wait!” Scootaloo grinned, “sure, we sucked at it but Jack will totally get a hang gliding cutie mark!”

Jack’s smile feigned. He turned to Miko and Raf and mouthed ‘help me’. Miko nodded with a smile that didn’t look so sincere.

“Don’t worry, I’ll make sure he comes back,” she assured the fillies, smiling innocently. Jack moaned.

"Let's just go," he said, turning around and starting through the forest. He walked for a couple paces, muttering to himself.

"Cutie mark? Who needs one anyway? Not me."

"Uh, Jack?" Applebloom called.

"What?!" he snapped, swing around.

Applebloom winced. "I don't suppose you know where you're going?"

Jack saw the filly's flinch and face-hoofed. There he went, scaring kids.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to sound so rude, I'm just a bit frustrated," he apologized, then looked around him, "and... no, I don't know where I'm going," he admitted.

The Crusaders smiled. "That way!" they exclaimed, pointing their hooves in opposite directions. They looked to each other, confused, then to Jack, Miko and Raf, uneasy smiles plastered on their faces.

"Heh, heh," Applebloom chuckled nervously.

-----

The sun slowly neared the horizon as ponies headed to their homes, tired from their days and ready to hit the hay. At the edge of the forest by the Apple family barn leaves rustled, then six bedraggled ponies stumbled out.

"Uh," Jack groaned, "that took way longer than it should have."

They all sighed, wordlessly agreeing. It had been several long hours of trekking through the darkening forest and they were exhausted.

"Our parents are probably worried sick!" Sweetie Belle realized, turning to her fellow crusaders. Worry creased their faces at the scolding they would receive on getting home. The sun was nearly set and they had missed supper.

"We'd better get home as soon as we can," Scootaloo concluded, "better late than never." The Crusaders nodded.

"See ya'll tomorrow," Applebloom waved, "as long as Ah'm not grounded..."

"We'll probably all be grounded," Scootaloo sighed.

Sweetie Belle huffed. "It's not out fault that the only good zip-lining trees are deep in the forest."

Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle went on their way home as Applebloom turned to Jack, Miko and Raf.

"So, you're stayin' at our barn, right?" The ponies nodded.

Applebloom lowered her head. "Let's get going then," she said reluctantly, "Ah hope Applejack's not back from Canterlot yet."

The filly had no such luck. She arrived at the door to be greeted by her glaring older sister. But Applejack quickly lost her angry front and pulled Applebloom into a hug.

"We've been so worried, Applebloom," she started, "where were you and what were you doing?!"

The filly sighed. "We were trying to help Jack find his cutie mark."

Applejack looked up to the three awkwardly waiting ponies. "In what?" she questioned, noticing an excessive amount of tree sap slowly dripping off of them.

"Zip linin'," Applebloom stated, pulling away to extend her hoof, "but then we got lost and had to walk through more trees and... yeah. Ah'm sorry."

Applejack rolled her eyes, unable to resist her sister's pleading eyes. "But we're talking about this tomorrow, young filly."

Said filly meekly nodded, then started on her way through the kitchen. Applejack watched her until she reached the stairs, then turned to face Raf, Miko and Jack.

"Ya'll are staying upstairs," she explained, "we have more than enough guest rooms for each of you."

Miko took the first step in, extending a hoof to Applejack. "Thank you, Miss Applebloom's Big Sister."

"Applejack," the mare corrected. Miko nodded, then continued on her way in. Jack and Raf nervously shuffled in after her, taking in their surroundings.

"Don't worry, we don't bite," Applejack said, noticing their discomfort, "our home is yours."

The colt and stallion nodded, silently begging for Miko to say something. She had gone off into the living room, but seemingly read their minds as she came back to the kitchen.

"Hey, don't be too hard on Applebloom, kay?" she asked Applejack, "it wasn't her fault," she paused, rubbing her chin, "well, kind of, but not entirely."

Applejack nodded. "Ah know, I was just worried. Anything could happen to a filly lost alone in a forest-"

"She wasn't alone," Miko interjected.

Applejack nodded for Miko's sake, then continued. "I know, I should know that she's a big filly now. Heck, she'll be getting her cutie mark any day now."

"So stop worrying!" Miko said, "she's a big filly- horse- pony- whatever. You get the point. What's fun without..." she looked past Applejack to Jack, "risks?" she winked. Jack rolled his eyes.

Applejack sighed. "You're right." She started to the stairs, "I'll show you to your rooms, then I'm going to bed."

Miko smiled, pleased with herself, then followed Applejack. Raf and Jack looked to each other.

"Not quite what I had in mind, but it worked," Raf shrugged. Jack nodded in agreement, then headed up the stairs after Miko, Raf close behind.

Author's Note:

Yay! 20,000 words!

Power Ponies are coming soon, don't worry. They should appear either in the next chapter of the one after that.

Comments ( 1 )

interesting chapter, and I was just about to ask about the Power Ponies until you clarified

Login or register to comment