• Published 5th Jul 2015
  • 2,451 Views, 20 Comments

My Little Pony: Transformers Prime - LibbytheKautz



The Autobots are working with a space bridge when a malfunction occurs, which leads them to a strange new dimension...

  • ...
4
 20
 2,451

Chapter 10: Canterlot

"It's the 'House of Enchanted Comics' store, right Spike?" Applejack asked the dragon as she and Fluttershy studied a map of Canterlot. The Ponyville train turned up the mountain to Canterlot and slightly swayed.

"Yup," Spike answered, steadying himself by the the mostly ornamental hoof rest on the edge of the seat, "I bet any book with the Power Ponies in it would work, though." He turned to Rarity, who pacing the length of their cabin, "so if that's something you're worrying about, you don't have to."

Rarity stopped her pacing to sigh. "I'm not worrying," she denied, "I'm just, thinking obsessively over the matter. That's not worrying."

Spike raised an eyebrow.

"Ugh, fine!" she admitted with a light stomp of her hoof, "I guess I am worrying just a little bit about this." She paced a bit more, than sat down with a huff. The train entered a tunnel and the darkness ingulfed them for a few seconds. The light came back, making them squint momentarily.

Fluttershy cleared her throat. "Well, while Twilight's worrying may have seemed, um, unnecessary at times, it almost always made sure that we paid attention to everything. If, that is, you're upset because you think that you're worrying like Twilight."

"Basically," Rarity said as she slouched in the seat, "I mean, it's supposed to be Twilight's job to worry," she complained in a whiny voice as she extended her forelegs, "I'm usually the one to assure that everything this fine," she let her hooves fall onto the seat.

"I can assure you, Rarity, that everything is not fine," Fluttershy said with a calm assurance, "Twilight is gone and Discord doesn't seem to remember us," she gave a small sigh. "You have every reason to worry."

"Yeah, don't worry about it, Rarity," Pinkie said, looking up from her comic, "well, worry about the situation at hoof, but don't worry about worrying about the situation at hoof."

Rarity took a deep breath and straightened her posture. "Thanks, girls," she replied, "and Spike." He puffed his chest up proudly.

"Anything for you, Rarity," he replied.

Rarity smiled at him, then got up to look at the map. She peered over edge and brought it flat with her hoof.

"Where's the store?" she asked.

Fluttershy pointed at a building near the centre of Canterlot with her wing. "Right there. It looks like it will be a bit of a walk, but we'll be fine."

"Too bad the Autobots can't just drive us through." Rainbow Dash said as she peered out the window. The Autobots were running behind the train, "they sure are fast."

"If they are too big to drive on the train track, they'll be to big to drive in Canterlot." Applejack said matter-of-factly, "we've already been over this. Heck, they're almost to big to run on the track!"

"I know, I know," Rainbow Dash replied with a wave of her hoof, "I was just saying it would be nice if-"

"But they can't," Applejack said stubbornly.

"I know! I'm just saying-"

"Speaking of the Autobots," Spike interrupted, "maybe we should contact them to tell them that we are almost there, and what we will be doing. Ratchet gave us this, uh," Spike looked at the device with question.

"Comlink, dear," Rarity filled in, "and yes, we should contact them. May I have it, Spike?"

Spike nodded and handed it to her. "Now, which switch was it..." Rarity muttered.

The train pulled around a bend and Canterlot was now in sight. "Oh yes, it was this one!" Rarity said as she pulled with a dramatic flair.

-----

Ratchet's comlink buzzed and he slowed his running to look at it.

"Optimus, the ponies are contacting us," he called.

Optimus glanced back at him. "Answer it, but keep running. We have to keep up with the train."

Ratchet obeyed his instructions. Rarity's voice greeted him.

"We're almost at Canterlot, which I'm sure you can see." she said.

"Yes, we can see. I have to admit, it is quite a sight." Ratchet answered with a glance up to the city.

Rarity cleared her throat. "When we get there, we're going to find the House of Enchanted Comics store to get the Power Ponies book we need. After that we will be going to Canterlot Castle, the reason you came along."

"Yes," Ratchet replied, "we were to meet the... Princesses, correct?"

"Princess Celectia and Princess Luna. They are the rulers of Equestria. Normally we tell them when unusual things happen, but we thought it be best for them to see you as it would be hard to describe giant metal beings to ponies who have never seen them."

Ratchet gave a chuckle. "As would be hard for us to describe you to our kind."

Rarity laughed in return. "I suppose that would be true." The train pulled up to Canterlot and the Autobots came up behind it and stopped. "You... might cause confusion among the ponies," Rarity explained, "just show them that you mean no harm and everything should be fine."

"Will do." Ratchet turned off the comlink and relayed Rarity's message to the Autobots. He had just finished when Spike and the ponies came around the train to meet them.

Optimus Prime turned to them. "We are to meet the princesses?" he inquired.

"The rulers of Equestria," Ratchet said, sharing his newly learned knowledge.

Optimus nodded slowly, trying to grasp the concept of their society.

"So wait, princesses rule in your society?" Smokescreen asked.

Oh Smokescreen, Optimus thought to himself as he mentally slapped his forehead, do try to be polite.

"Yup!" Pinkie answered, delighted to tell the Autobots about Equestria's leaders, "Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. They're sisters, Celestia's the oldest, and she had to banish Luna to the moon (because she was trying to make eternal night), for thousand years, which is like, a really long time, but then she came back but she was still trying to make eternal night, but we fixed her right up with the Elements of Harmony," she finished, breathlessly.

Optimus looked at the small pink pony in confusion. Ponies that live for over a thousand years? More mention of the Elements of Harmony? he furrowed his eyebrows. How did she talk in parentheses?

"Any other questions before we enter?" Rarity inquired. The Autobots shook their heads, then proceeded around the train, Spike and the ponies in step with them.

"I can't wait to see other ponies' reactions when they see the Autobots," Rainbow Dash snickered to Pinkie Pie.

Pinkie giggled, "ME TOO!" she whispered loudly.

They left the train station and the first high-society Canterlot ponies saw the Autobots. Everypony was frozen for a couple seconds, except for the odd pony whose back was turned and went about their business. However, the silence was short-lived. Some screamed in horror and ran away, others tried to but tripped over their hooves, others stayed frozen in shock, some even fainted.

Rainbow Dash laughed along with Pinkie, then flew into the air. "HEY!" Rainbow yelled, "THEY'RE WITH US!"

Most of the terrified ponies stopped their freaking out to see Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity and Spike standing with the monstrous metal monsters. A few continued on with their screaming and running, but majority of the ponies calmed down and turned to Rainbow Dash in expectation. Rainbow Dash took advantage of this attention to recruit them.

"They're here from another planet," she explained, "they mean no harm. Go into Canterlot ahead of us and tell ponies this!"

The crowd looked to each other, shrugged their shoulders, then went off ahead of them. Rainbow Dash smiled. "That's how you do impromptu."

"Ah bet you don't even know what that means." Applejack contended, crossing her hoof over her foreleg.

"What do you mean!" Rainbow argued back as she flew down, "I like to read, you know!"

Ratchet sighed. Convincing ponies that they were friendly and meant no harm was going to be harder than it looked.

-----

Discord frowned. He normally loved a chaotic scene, but the fact that the Autobots and the mane five had come to Canterlot worried him. What where they planning?

Author's Note:

10 chapters! We've made it to 10 chapters! We would all like to thank you readers for reading our story, commenting, and liking and following (our one follower). It really means a lot to us.

The story, as far as I can say, is about halfway finished, or just under that. It's kind of hard to say at this point, as we have added parts that we hadn't thought of at first.