• Published 21st Jun 2015
  • 174 Views, 4 Comments

Amethyst Music - The_Light_Is_Dying



An Alicorn filly in Ponyville is destined to make music! But what if she's better at painting pictures than creating music? What if she LIKES drawing better than music?

  • ...
 4
 174

Normal Days are Lonely

Amethyst Music sat alone at her coffee table, a cup of orange juice floating in her magical aura. It was just another day to be alone, another lonely day with no friends. Sometimes Amethyst skipped school, because both of her parents were dead and no one could tell her what to do. Amethyst sometimes went to school, only to be turned down and neglected, and to be praised about music abruptly before criticized. Stupid, stupid music. Amethyst didn't want to play music as a living. Amethyst would rather sit in front of a canvas and paint beautiful flowers and cotton candy. She never had the time to do that. All of the annoying fillies and colts at school, and even the teacher, begged her to play.

Amethyst decided today was going to be a skipping day. She didn't want to go to school because SHE would be there, and Amethyst didn't want to deal with her nonsense. Ginger Path, the hyper soon-to-be candy maker, was the worst bully in school. She said Amethyst couldn't sing worth dirt, and her drawings looked like a pig had stepped in mud and walked all over it. Amethyst didn't want her to bully her again today, so she skipped school. She tossed her heavily packed saddle bag back into her closet, and grabbed her favorite notebook and crayons. What to draw today?

Amethyst found herself scribbling a surprisingly realistic drawing of herself throwing Ginger into an active volcano. "What am I..." Amethyst whispered, and tore the page out so the drawing couldn't become real. Amethyst's magic enabled her to bring any drawing to life, and for her to enter artwork. It was amazing. So Amethyst drew a picture of the perfect school, all the students happy to see her with smiling faces, a beautiful teacher that gave her candy, and no Ginger. Amethyst entered the picture. This was her idea of homeschooling.
She could also edit the drawing in the picture.

The teacher smiled lovingly down at Amethyst. "Hello there, Amethyst! Please, draw us one of your amazing pieces of art! Oh, and since you hate music, you don't have to sing!" This was more like it, thought Amethyst. Amethyst grabbed blackboard chalk. She stared at the smiling faces of fillies and colts looking up to her admiringly. Amethyst smiled back, a pure, genuine smile. She hadn't smiled like that in years. She drew a lovely picture of the classroom.

"There's your classroom portrait, Miss....uh...," Amethyst hadn't yet named the teacher, nor the students, " Miss Cute Pen. There's your portrait of the class." Miss Cute Pen monitored the classroom drawing. She checked the beautiful, smiling faces in the photograph. Cute Pen checked her hair. It matched perfectly in the chalk portrait.

"W-why thank you, Amethyst! This is beautiful. I will keep it here forever." Miss Cute Pen said, laughing as tears of joy filled her eyes. Amethyst smiled and waved lovingly to the class. The class waved back. Then Amethyst left the drawing, with the additional tears in the teacher's eyes and the portrait of the classroom on the blackboard. Amethyst shut the notebook and hugged it protectively to her chest. She loved everything she drew, because it literally came alive to her. Seriously. It did. Amethyst began to draw a beach to go on vacation when the doorbell rang. She never usually had visitors, so she was hesitant to open the door.

Amethyst called out wearily, "Who's there?" She sounded like an old grandmother. It was such a great disguise. The voice that came back was friendly and calm. Her teacher, Miss FlitterChase, answered in a worried, hushed tone.

"Hello there! I was wondering if Miss Amethyst Music was here. She wasn't at school, so I was worried, and decided I would come to check on her." Miss FlitterChase's friendly voice called out to her. Amethyst didn't feel too hesitant about answering the door anymore. She used her magical aura to open the door.

"Mi-Miss FlitterChase?" Amethyst said, peeking a little bit out the door. Miss FlitterChase smiled calmly back at her, and Amethyst Music gently opened the door. Miss FlitterChase looked around the room, and stepped inside.

"Hello, Amethyst! I was only wondering why you weren't here in school today! I was a little worried that something was wrong, and I only care about making sure the fillies are happy and safe, other than teaching them valuable skills." Miss FlitterChase blabbed on. Amethyst looked around her room, and cut into Miss FlitterChase's blabbering.

"Everything's okay, Miss FlitterChase! I was just doing homeschooling, and I was practicing mathematics we learned yesterday." Amethyst said, gesturing to her notebook. She then shut her teacher out of her home (which she owned after her parents passed away) and settled back into her drawings. This time she drew a picture of the perfect best friend and listed her traits. She had a lovely time in the picture but she wanted a real best friend, in real life.

Amethyst left the picture, and went to take a nap. Before she went to bed, she grabbed her notebook and shoved it back into her closet. She sighed, in despair and distress. But she didn't have enough time to worry about having a friend at the moment. She had to worry about her doodling, and making sure her teacher didn't dig too deep into her history and social life.

As for now, Amethyst Music had too much on her mind. Way too much on her mind. Of course, maybe a nap might help. But Amethyst couldn't sleep. Images of the dream best friend she had drawn on her notebook flashed through her brain. Amethyst yelled in frustration. She ripped the page out of her notebook and took to downstairs, to the garage, where she set it in a bag of garbage. Amethyst took one more peek of her dream BFF. Her red fur, the blue and black spiked hair, the green eyes, the pencil cutie mark, and the love for music like none other.

Amethyst laid back in bed, and soon fell asleep, alone. She cuddled her stuffed pig. She didn't wake up for two more hours, but when she did, she checked on the bag where she threw out the BFF page. It was gone!

Author's Note:

OOH! CLIFFHANGER!!!!

Comments ( 4 )

I like it :rainbowkiss:

6115328
Thanks! I'm working quite hard on the description.

Y'know, I feel like I'm kinda like these ponies. I really enjoy both singing and drawing/painting/sculpting.

6140446
That's kinda cool, honestly! And I did kind of base this off of me too because I enjoy singing and art. Weird....

Login or register to comment