• Published 19th Jun 2015
  • 542 Views, 14 Comments

My Little Vinyl: Friendship Is Delicious - RetroNotRetro



Vinyl Scratch, or DJ P0N3 as she is known on stage, lives alone. Because of this, she likes to get out and party around Ponyville. But what will happen one night when she runs into the Canterlot pony, Octavia Melody?

  • ...
1
 14
 542

The Life Of Roommates

Chapter 3: The Life Of Roommates

It was a week after Octavia’s eviction incident, and we still hadn’t unpacked all her stuff yet. My rib healed up well, though, with a special (300 bit) spell from one of the doctors. They told me it wouldn’t hurt a bit, and they were right. It hurt a lot.

Octavia lay on the couch in the living room, completely worn out from moving all of the boxes. She insisted I rested for the next few days while she and Big Mac do the work. Every time I tried to get up and help, she would yell me into submission. I decided instead to focus on my music.

“Do you want anything to eat, Tavi?” She turned and looked at me funny.

“Tavi?”

“Yeah, I thought I’d give ya a nickname. You okay with that?,” I asked her. She stopped to think about it with that strangely adorable thinking look.

“I don’t mind,” she finally said. “And yes, I would like something to eat. Thank you for asking!” She smiled sweetly and walked over to my turntables where I was standing. “Do you mind picking up some hay fries?”

“No problem, I’ll get right on that.” I walked out the door as Big Mac dragged in a box. “Do ya want some hay fries, Big Mac? I’m heading out now.”

“Eeyup,” he responded simply. He dragged the box inside and I made my way down the road.

*** *** ***

I walked back through the door with the hay fries to see that Big Mac had decided to make fruit smoothies for everypony. I set the fries on the counter in the kitchen and grabbed my smoothie. Tavi dove right into her food.

“You hungry there, Tavi?” I said, laughing as she demolished the fast food between her jaws. She stopped abruptly and glanced at me, a small blush growing larger on her face, causing myself and Big Mac to laugh.

“Eeyup.”

I walked over to my liquor cabinet and grabbed some cider, placing it on the counter. As I went to pull off the cork, Octavia blurted out.

“Vinyl, what in the name of Celestia are you doing?” I looked at her quizzically.

“I’m spiking my smoothie, what’s it look like I’m doing?”

“Vinyl! Big Macintosh made that smoothie from apples fresh from Sweet Apple Acres...and some berries from the market, but out of the goodness of his heart nonetheless.” She gave me a comically hurt stare, which was actually quite adorable. “Do you really think he would want you ruining it like that?”

I paused and looked over to Big Mac. It appeared that he had the biggest smirk on his face, like he was enjoying our playful argument.

“Hahaha, nope.”

*** *** ***
Later

Finally, everything was unpacked. I must say, Octavia moving in gives quite a few benefits. For one thing, we now have a television. Never had one of those before. Should be fun.

Moving things was horribly tiring. My arms felt like jelly and my hooves were numb, but it was worth it. Like I said, we have a TV!

Octavia lay sleeping next to me on the couch. She didn’t look very comfortable. A thought popped into my head.

I rushed over to where she had placed herself on the couch. Fortunately for me, she seemed to be sitting just like Lyra does, very similar to those fictional creatures she invented. What were they called again? Harbins? Hamlens? Celestia dammit, I can never remember.

I gently took one of her back hooves in mine and started to slowly massage it. This seemed to rouse her from her sleep a little, but she let out a blissful sigh and laid her head back.

After a few minutes, I switched over to the other foot. In between transitions she seemed to lose her comfort, but the smile went right back to her muzzle when I started up again.

"Oh, my Celestia, Vinyl, that's amazing," she exclaimed softly. "Where did you learn to use your hooves like that?" I smirked with pride.

"Nowhere. Runs in the family," I bragged. She sighed again and slouched down, drifting back off to sleep.

*** *** ***

As the hay and flowers I was cooking began to sautée in the pan of olive oil, the sizzling sound caused Octavia to stir.

"Hmmmmhm..." she mumbled. "Morning....pancakes?" She stirred a little, and fell off the couch with a quiet thud, causing me to emit a slight chuckle.

"As much as I would love some pancakes, that's not what I was making. And it's not morning, you slept for two hours." I momentarily left the pan to the stove as I went to the refrigerator and picked up a can of Manticore Energy, opening it with my magic. I took a sip. "Ahh," I sighed. "It's good to have sponsors."

Octavia groggily walked towards the kitchen. "Sponsors," she asked. "Like...for your music?"

I grinned rather too excitedly as the caffeine had its usual immediate effects on me. I nodded very quickly and finished sautéeing the food. I threw it as a seasoning onto the food I had already made - carrots with a nice secret sauce - and brought the plates to the table.

We both sat in silence, happily munching on our food, and immediately crashed into our beds afterwards. I drifted off to sleep with images of those soft, bright purple eyes drawing me towards the dreamscape. Ah, bliss.

That caffeine didn't last very long...

Author's Note:

I apologize for this chapter being short, but a while ago I threw myself into a hiatus, and I also lost my inspiration. If it seems like it's worse than the first two chapters, that's why. But now I'm back, and this story is top of my priotity list, along with new school and the JROTC, which (to Zerofireking13) is the Marines. Oorah, Semper Fidelis. s bitches.

Comments ( 1 )

6412734 Thanks! Always glad to hear a good review. I do apologize for the short length of Chapter 3 though. Lotta shit going on.

Login or register to comment