• Published 16th May 2012
  • 682 Views, 2 Comments

Moments - Nny11



Series of drabbles from/about the mane six

  • ...
 2
 682

Twilight Sparkle

Buoy: Twilight Sparkle


Twilight needed guidance, she needed it like she needed air or water or love. Or at least that’s what she’d always thought. Being raised by first her over protective parents, then her very protective brother and Cadence, then finally under the wings of Celestia herself had left Twilight with a distinct impression that she not only wanted but needed such help. After all there had always been someone hovering over her shoulder to see what she was doing and then weight a judgment on it. And she’d appreciated it, she’d wanted that, and when it didn’t come Twilight got worried.

Was it too much? Too little? The wrong color? Had she gone over the right topic?

Now here she was sitting at the top of her library, her own home in her own town, looking back towards Canterlot. When she squinted Twilight thought she could even make out the tower she used to live in. It was strange, being this far away. Yes she could still see it and just from that Twilight sometimes felt as if eyes were watching her from a distance. Her hair would stand on end as she glanced towards its foreboding shadow, silently levying a judgment on her. And yet…it wasn’t. If she didn’t write Princess Celestia, she’d never hear from Canterlot. Her brother was too busy as Captain of the Guard, her parents were constantly traveling for their research, her teacher had a country to run. She had nothing to hold onto, nothing to guide her anymore, she was lost at sea searching for a passing light.

It was terrifying.

The good ponies of Ponyville looked up to her, they looked to her for guidance and help. It was like getting dragged underwater. She hated it. She loved it. She was completely unprepared but always able to lend a hoof. Was this how the Princess felt? Did Celestia ever look around herself and wonder how she’d manage to keep her head above the tide?

The sun gently sank below, leaving Twilight unable to see Canterlot in the distance. The sun in its eternal grace could no longer light her world, leaving nothing but dusk behind.

She would find a way.

Comments ( 2 )

These were beautiful. A different tone from a lot of ponyfic, which is probably why you didn't get much reaction. But they're really lovely apart from being fanfic. You have a talent.

608632

How did I not see your lovely comment sooner? Thank you for the feedback, I'm glad you liked it!

Login or register to comment