• Published 16th May 2012
  • 682 Views, 2 Comments

Moments - Nny11



Series of drabbles from/about the mane six

  • ...
 2
 682

Applejack

Disclaimer: I’m gonna do this once, I don’t own MLP fim. I don’t own the characters. I don’t make money from this. Sending lawyers to my door with paperwork will just make me cry.



Flowerpot: Applejack

Outside the kitchen window, not a half foot from the house was an old unused flowerpot. It was one of those items that had originally meant something and had been put to good use, but over the years had fallen to the side. A lot of projects went that way on the farm, time and money couldn’t be invested and something as simple as a flower could get ignored until it was too late. Her mother had bought the thing, and one of Applejack’s earliest memories was climbing into the giant flowerpot and curling up in the soil with the flower it housed. These days it sat empty, Applejack had long since dumped the dirt and rocks out with the plan to plant a new flower there someday.

Someday had turned to some week, month, year…maybe another life time from here.

The clay was nearly drained of color, the last vestiges of blue paint clung fearfully onto its sides. Cracks ran along it and a few flakes of broken ceramic littered the ground around it. Years of little hooves climbing in and out of the flowerpot had left their mark; not to mention the years of clumsy mistakes. As time passed she had taken the pot and fixed it up with glue or whatever she could find. That flowerpot was special in its own way. Her mother had meant the flower to live for years as a symbol. Applejack couldn’t remember what the flower itself had been or what it was supposed to mean and couldn’t have cared less. She’d slept in the dirt with it, several times she’d found Apple Bloom curled up inside the empty pot, a few times she’d even seen Mac sitting nearby. He would slowly roll and rotate that flower pot and learn the new breaks and chips, he’d tell Applejack and she’d fix it up again.

She never talked about it with her friends as the words never came to explain why it was important. So Applejack instead promised herself that as soon as she got the chance she’d fix it up good and put a new flower in there. Something special…someday.