• Published 5th May 2015
  • 452 Views, 3 Comments

Equestrian meteor shower - Innactive Account



An ODST's mission completely fails and he somehow ends up in equestria.

  • ...
10
 3
 452

Chapter 6

Out of all of Ryan's so called "jailers", Luna was by far the only pony here he liked. She could relate to him. A case could be made that she was a fellow space traveler, they both loved the night, they had both lost people they cared about, and maybe there was something else; he could see it in her eyes, like there was something there that was different.

They would chat in the night about their lives, where they've been, the people they've met, what they've seen. He would tell her of all the planets he'd been on; Earth, the Alpha centauri system, Omega-3, and Reach. She would tell him of the lands of the planet, Equus. He would tell her of the bravery of his fellow marines and ODSTs; and of the SPARTANs and how unstoppable they seemed. She would tell him of the many ponies under her rule. He would tell her of the immense sky scrapers of the human metropolises and of the wonders of old humanity. She would tell him of the peaceful nights and landscapes of the moon.

Those chats made the time alone feel bearable. Yes he had been alone before while he was "alive", but he could always radio command. Here he was alone. There was no war here, no violence, and no crime judging by how his cell was the only one in use and extremely old.

It gave him time to think back to his old life, the war, his buddies, his family, his wife, and every body lost. Then he remembered the last few months, the assault on the pillar of autumn, the installation, the assault on new Mombasa, and for some reason he was shipped back to Omega-3 during the invasion of Earth.

Then, for reasons unknown even to him he told his helmet to bring up the counter attack on the covvies in new Mombasa. His helmet's speakers may not have been top of the line but the deafening roar of the Pelican's engines was unmistakable, and as he saw again the inside of the Pelican, he also saw his old squad. There was his CO; lieutenant Wilson, his buddy Davis, the smartass Walters, and the jokester Johnson. Davis and Johnson were talking together, Walters laughing at some pic he downloaded onto his helmet, and Wilson cleaning his prized DMR.

After a very short ride they were standing on the floor of the Pelican going over the plan assigned to them by command, it all seemed to go by smoothly and without a hitch, but when they landed, it looked like they were In Hell, bodies everywhere, fire, screaming, wailing, death. Then, they ran out of the pelican and onto the pavement. Their objective: provide support to marine ground forces holding the front lines. Maybe a 15 minute walk at the most, so they could run it in six. The buildings which were once glorious were packed full of large holes, some collapsed, and others just on the verge. It was enough to cause the whole team to be silent; there was just an air of evil and sadness, destruction, loss, and death.

Once they got to the front they were stunned, well every one but Wilson, by all of the bodies. Scattered all about, burning, melting, rotting. He'd learned about the "Great War" of 1914, and how the smell in the trenches was enough to make men vomit. He had to tear his helmet off his helmet so he wouldn't drown in his own vomit. It was the worst thing he'd ever smelt.

Davis helped him get his bearing again and Walters handed him his helmet. They moved up to the position they were to help hold, the New Mombasa international airport. The landing strip was vital for landing supplies on and could act as an FOB, as long as they held it.

The fighting was intense wave after wave, enemy after enemy, mag after mag, round after round. The covvies had let up for a minute, so Ryan ran over to replace a dead machine gunner.

He'd ended up by Davids whom had been reloading when he looked up to Ryan and said, "When we get outta here man, drinks are on m-" but was cut short as a purple needle went through his visor and out the back of his helmet. And as Davis's lifeless body dropped to the ground Ryan looked up at the oncoming wave of covenant lead by an elite zealot, wielding a needle rifle.

Author's Note:

Part 2 of Ryan's new Mombasa video coming soon.

This chapters inspiration was Almost Easy by Avenged Sevenfold.

A7X fan signing out.

Comments ( 1 )

I want the trial not this also make these longer you should have at least 1000 words and stop skipping ahead like this People want to read how someone ends up in jail not them being in jail and watching vids

Login or register to comment