• Published 2nd May 2015
  • 10,110 Views, 910 Comments

Seven Lights - Fresnor



The multiverse is just one grand experiment for many immortals as they try to explore its secrets. This is the story of one such experiment on what would happen if a new element was added to a universe that nearly exactly parallels the original.

  • ...
25
 910
 10,110

42

Scootaloo watched as her sister went through another round in what she had personally dubbed, the chamber of pain. Sure it didn't really hurt normally, but when the balls hit rather sensitive areas such as her wings and... other places... it was far from comfortable. The first time was rather scary for her since she didn't have time to prepare for it and seeing her sister go through it so easily just annoyed her.

Right now her sister was up to around forty of the balls and was either dodging or deflecting the balls with her shields. She wasn't able to stop everything but those that did get through were just glancing blows instead of full on hits. Once the count hit fifty it started to roll backwards once again until it eventually shut down letting her sister leave. “How can you do this all the time? I still can't get the thought of how scary being in there was during my first time.”

Looking over at her sister as she finished wiping herself down with a towel before answering. “Well it is rather easy after doing it constantly for a while. Also after some of the things I've seen in the Everfree this is nothing in comparison.”

Scootaloo looked away from her sister as she scuffed he hoof along the ground. “I wish it could be that easy for me.”

Aegis Flare just patter the filly on the back. “You're doing better than I was and I voluntarily went in there. I was a bit cocky and thought my shield would stop anything. I walked right in and just sat down with my shield covering an area around me when one of the balls appeared inside of it. You can probably guess what happened then.”

Scootaloo winced at the images that brought up in her mind as even at the worst she wast hit as often as what she pictured. “Yeah, wasn't that much fun, especially when it started hitting my horn.” The filly winced even harder at this as she knew that her sister's horn was more sensitive than her wings when it was active. The two were interrupted from any further bonding as explosions rang out over Ponyville. Looking over they noticed that someone was setting off fireworks over the town.

“I wonder what is going on now? Last time I saw something like this was...” The unicorn's eyes widen as she realizes just who it might be before she grins and turns to her sister. “Well this should be interesting if my guess is right. Come on, sis. Let's go see what's going on.”

The two trotted through the town until they heard the sound of a crowd along with the sound of music sounding out over it. As they neared Scootaloo's eyes lit up seeing the magic show while the older mare looked for the mare of interest that was hosting the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0BrGz2ReVo

The two siblings join the back of the crowd to find Rarity and Applejack, along with their siblings, along with Rainbow Dash and Twilight watching the improved show by Trixie. The orange unicorn allowed her sister up onto her head for a better view as they watched the show begin. Up on stage at the time was a spectacular light show with a trio of dancers that looked remarkably like the showpony in question though there was something off about them.

“I can't believe that Trixie has improved so much to creature illusions of this caliber. Even I can barely tell that those dancers aren't real and that's along with creating all those lights and music as well.” The other adults kept an ear pointed towards Twilight to listen while Spike and the three fillies payed more attention to the show.

“Well it might be a bit cooler, but her bragging sure doesn't seem to be any better. Just listen to her song, just about every word is her bragging about herself.” The others glanced at Rainbow Dash before rolling their eyes at her.

“Dash, if ah didn't know any better ah'd say you were jealous. You would be doing the same thing if you were the center of attention. Thinking back ta last time ah'd say Trixie is like both you and Rarity combined inta one.” While Rainbow Dash turned to glare at Applejack, Rariity just snorted before throwing out her own comment.

“Darling I would never be caught dead wearing something so tacky like that. There is just so much more she could do to look fabulous up there.” There were a few more chuckles before all attention was back up on stage as the pre-show ended in a cloud of smoke as Trixie appeared in the center of the stage. With the show started the mare began with a series of simple tricks which increased in complexity as the show went on. By the end she was pulling of levels of illusions that were hard to differentiate from being magic or physical illusions. Twilight was the only one that could point out which ones used magic, but only Aegis Flare and Rarity could catch a hint of how the physical ones worked considering the attention to detail they needed for their careers.

Eventually the show was over and ponies started to leave the area with many staying behind to leave offerings to the showmare in appreciation of the show. Most left only a bit or two but Aegis Flare decided to leave a hundred bit coin, much to her friend's surprise. “Don't you think that is a bit much? From the looks of things she is making plenty with nearly everypony donating something.”

Glancing back Aegis Flare watches as the rest of her friends, with Rainbow Dash trying to be sneaky about it, before she answered Twilight. “Well she does deserve it. If you look at her show back then and compare it to now you can see how much effort she put into improving.” As they walked away none of them noticed the figure that was listening in to them on stage, silently crying at their praise.

Author's Note:

Ehh, not much really to say here. I could have went a bit longer but it really would be unnecessary. Still, I feel as if I'm forgetting something really important. Just hope it doesn't come back to bite me later. :trixieshiftright: