• Published 2nd May 2015
  • 10,110 Views, 910 Comments

Seven Lights - Fresnor



The multiverse is just one grand experiment for many immortals as they try to explore its secrets. This is the story of one such experiment on what would happen if a new element was added to a universe that nearly exactly parallels the original.

  • ...
25
 910
 10,110

60

“What about this part right here about the benefits that come with friendship?” Pinkie and Rainbow snickered at this, causing Twilight to glare at them. “What?” She reread the part she was asking about before blushing at just what it was talking about. “Oh very funny you too, but is this really the time for your pranks?” Aegis Flare leaned over to peer at the document that Twilight was reading from.

“Actually, this looks to be a part of the original plans. Hmm, it needs a bit of work, but it could be a lot worse.” Twilight spluttered a bit while the others looked at her oddly before she shrugged. “What? From what I've heard Cadance's followers had a ritual orgy a couple times a week when she found out about them. Last I heard she managed to cut them back to only special days of the year with something else for use in private settings. Probably should ask for some advice from her to avoid any conflicts.” Twilight shook her head to clear it before looking at her friend in disbelief.

“Are you seriously saying that we should allow something like this to be part of the church that is about us?! What kind of pony would even have use of something like this in their friendships?!” It took but a moment for the rest of the room to come up with an answer to her question at the same time.

“Cloud Kicker.” Twilight blinked at the sudden response for facehoofing.

“Oh right. Her. I still can't believe that she asks that right out of the blue. And in the middle of the library!” She huffed as her friends rolled their eyes at her.

“Yeah, she does get a bit out of hoof sometimes. She doesn't seem to understand that not everypony wants her to be their first experience.” Rainbow Dash's comment was met with silence from the others causing her to blink. “Uh, why aren't any of you saying anything?” Twilight rubbed a hoof at the back of her head as she looked around at the others, most avoiding each others eyes.

“Well I'm not sure about the others, but I did experiment once with a stallion after finding a how to book when I was younger. I was curious about why ponies would do the things in the book and well...” Twilight trailed off as her cheeks reddened. Rainbow Dash's jaw dropped at this news before she turned her gaze on the rest of her friends.

“Well even a lady has needs. A lady also doesn't kiss and tell.” Rarity looked to the side as the rest of them sounded off.

“Just some stallion at a rodeo.”

“Just some bodyguard I worked with a few years back.”

“Cloud Kicker!”

“Um, well, Big Mac was my first... eep!” Rainbow Dash's jaw fell even further as even Fluttershy had more experience than her, though she wasn't surprised that her coworker and Pinkie had hooked up before.

“Oh, come on! Seriously?! All of you?!” As the group of alicorns continued on their conversation, the door to the conference room was closed and Scootaloo let out a sigh as she walked away from the room. She had come to Canterlot with her sister and mother, but they had then became focused on their work leaving the filly on her own. While wandering off she failed to watch where she was going and ran into a pair of dark blue legs. Her gaze followed the legs upwards until her eyes met those of the princess of the Night, causing her to blush in embarrassment.

“Oh, hi Princess Luna. Sorry about that, I guess I wasn't watching where I was going.” The princess chuckled lightly as she took a step backwards and lowered her head to be level with the smaller pony.

“That is quite all right. You do not have to call us princess when we are not in public considering that your sister is a member of royalty making you one of the family as well. Now what seems to be troubling you, young one, that has your head hanging so low?” Scootaloo looked away from the alicorn.

“It's nothing.” Luna gave a deadpan look at the filly's unconvincing reply before sitting down next to her. Spreading her wing she brought it over Scootaloo's back and pulled her close.

“Now why is it that I do not believe that? You do know that I protect the dreams of ponies and know that yours have been especially troubled lately, right?” The orange filly winced at being reminded of how her dreams had been going lately before sighing in resignation.

“It's... it's just that I haven't been able to spend much time with my sister lately. Ever since mom came home it's been like she has been avoiding me or something. Did I do something wrong to cause her to hate me or something?” Luna looked down at the filly with understanding, having felt the same way once herself with her own sister. Even so she knew that the filly was worried over nothing as she had been keeping an eye on all of the new princesses lately.

“I am certain that it is nothing like that, especially with what I know of your sister. I do not know why she has not been spending time with you, but her dreams are of your family as well as her fear of losing all of you. Her nightmares have lessened since the return of your mother, but she still has them from time to time.” Scootaloo shivered at hearing of her sister having nightmares as she had seen the results of them many times over the years when her mother had been missing. In fact the first few months after the disappearance of their parents were full of them leading to many sleepless nights.

“But what should I do then? I just want to be able to spend some time with her more than we do, but she's always busy here in Canterlot or running off somewhere.” Luna looked down at the filly before she smiled kindly.

“Why do you not just tell her? From what I know of your sister she would listen to whatever you tell her seriously. I am certain that she would spend more time with you if you just asked.” She paused as she noticed Scootaloo look away before remembering what her sister represented. “But I am guessing that you do not want your sister to know that you are scared of losing her.” At the young filly's shy nod the alicorn shook her head sadly before looking towards the room she knew the younger princesses were currently inhabiting.

“Hmm, what if...” The filly looked up at the alicorn in hope as she trailed off thoughtfully. “What if you do something to show her how much you miss her? Is there not a special day coming up for her that would be perfect for it?” The young pegasus thought for a moment before her eyes lit up and she started to buzz her wings.

“That's it! That day is perfect! Now if I could just-”

“HOLD IT!” Scootaloo froze in place at the voice as a blur of pink appeared in front of her revealing the pink pony princess Pinkie Pie glaring down at her. “I already had to run off that creepy stallion so don't make me do the same to you! I Pinkie Promised that I would throw this party and nopony makes Pinkie Pie break a Pinkie Promise. NOPONY!” Scootaloo swallowed nervously as the peeved party princess before she tried to placate her.

“Umm, do you think that maybe I could help out? She is my sister...” Pinkie Pie peered down at the panicking pegasus with piqued eyes. She let out a 'hmm' of considerations before she answered her.

“Okie doki loki!” Her attitude did a complete one eighty as she bounced off away from the two ponies who let out a sigh of relief at avoiding the unpredictable ponies ire.

“I guess I should follow her then. Thank you Pr- Luna. Your talk really helped. It's no wonder why my sister always liked you more than your sister.” With that the filly ran off after the prancing pink pony leaving the befuddled princess of the night behind.

<><><><><><><><><><>

“What!? You're getting her for this!? Just what are you thinking!?” Aegis Flare rolled her eyes at at Rainbow Dash's reaction to her revealing who she was getting for the coming training exercise.

“I'm thinking that she will be perfect for the job. Sure I'll have to give her an assist to make it seem realistic, but she can easily make enough of a ruckus with her skills. You remember what happened the last time she was here. It'll be perfect.” The cyan alicorn grumbled for a moment before continuing along the road, her in the air and the orange mare on the ground, through Ponyville. Looking around as they walked, Aegis Flare noticed all the pony couples going on dates for the holiday and looked at her friend.

“That reminds me. What happened to that date you had set up for today? You were talking about it all last week.” Rainbow Dash groaned as she brought a hoof up to rub at her temple.

“Ugh, don't remind me about that jerk. Something was screaming at me to avoid him when I first met him and I found out earlier today why. I was sensing how disloyal he was and I ran into him sleeping with another mare when he said he was single. Not only that but three other mares found him that way at the same time. I should have known something was wrong when he reminded me of Wind Rider when I met him. But what about you? Why don't you have a date for today? I would think that you would have ponies lined up, especially for today.” The bat-winged mare once again rolled her eyes at her friend before letting out a sigh of annoyance.

“Oh there have been a few, but most of them were so arrogant that they didn't feel a bit of fear. The ones that weren't only sent a letter and never overcame their fear to even approach me. Well, of the ones that actually seem to be sincere enough for me to keep them. I never even cared to search for a stallion, or mare, before I met all of you and after gaining these...” She raised her wings for emphasis. “...I doubt I'll be finding anyone anytime soon that would interest me. At the very least they need to be able to approach me to make their interest known without being self-absorbed. It's either that or follow Cadance's example and cultivate a coltfriend, but that's really not my style.” Rainbow Dash grunted at the other alicorn as her eyes flicked over to her friend's home as the approached it.

“Well I may just have to do the same thing if this is the type of pony that is going to approach us. I think Applejack has been having trouble as well, but she has been avoiding going on any dates to catch up on the farm.” Rainbow Dash slowed her flapping to drop back behind her friend as she approached her door and smirked at her back.

“Well I doubt there will be many stallions showing up that are worth it. Sure Big Mac and Shining Armor are nice, but they just aren't what-”

“SURPRISE!” Aegis Flare froze up as she walked into her home to find a crowd of ponies waiting for her, Pinkie Pie in front of them all.

“DidwesurpriseyouDidwedidwedidweIttookalongtimebutIfinallywasabletothrowyouapartysodoyoulikeit?” Aegis Flare blinked as she looked around once again at her friends and family that had gathered before her gaze drifted up to the banner emblazoned with 'Happy Birthday Aegis Flare!'

“Pinkie? How did you get the time to do this? You are always too busy on Hearts and Hooves Day to have a chance to set this up?” By this time Pinkie had calmed down a bit and answered at a more reasonable rate.

“Oh that? Well with the help of those two guards I asked for we finished everything in plenty of time. Scootaloo helped out as well.” Her answer caused the orange alicorn to look at her sister who scraped a hoof at the ground.

“Well I never did say you had to do all this alone, so I guess that fulfills that Pinkie Promise those years ago.” She moved over to lay a wing over her sister who leaned into the hug. The filly proceeded to lead her big sister around the party to the various games set up by her and Pinkie. Eventually they came to the point where it was time to open presents. After going through the various gifts, each of which matched the personalities of her friends and what they thought she would like, all that remained were two.

“Mine next, sis.” Lifting up the envelope Aegis Flare slowly opened it, revealing a set of three tickets.

“Tickets to the Manehattan Fairgrounds?” She raised an eyebrow at her little sister who fluttered her wings nervously.

“Well, we haven't been spending much time with each other so I was thinking that you, me, and mom could spend some time out doing something fun for once.” Looking down at her sister for a moment she glanced over to her mother to see her smiling fondly at her children and came to a realization.

“I haven't been spending enough time with you lately, have I? I would love to go with you to this.” As she pulled her sister into another wing hug, Scootaloo smiled in relief as her sister seemed to realize the point of the gift before leaning into the hug. The rest of the ponies smile at the sisters before the gifter of the last present stepped forward.

“My turn, my turn! It took me a long long long time to think of something but then mom and mommy gave me the best idea ever!” Aegis Flare chuckled at D as the filly necromancer hopped around in front of her holding the cylindrical wrapped object out to her. Both her timberpony mother and adoptive gryphoness mother, the two having come to an agreement over the issue, smiled down at her excitement as they leaned against the giant stallion between them.

“Ah'm sure that it will be nice, D. Now how about ya let her have it so that she can open it?” D blushed as she realized that she was keeping the present away from the birthday pony and shyly passed it over. With a fond smile at the filly, Aegis Flare lifted the object and started tearing into the packaging. Unveiling the object she found a pure black candle which she raised an eyebrow at before turning her inquiring eye to the filly.

“Here! Put it on the table so I can light it for you. It'll only work this one time though.” Quirking an eyebrow she shrugged and set it where the filly indicated before stepping back. The filly bounced up onto the table before setting her horn against the wick. As soon as she came into contact with it it burst into flames, but instead of being a flame of it's usual color it instead blazed the color of emerald.

As the filly hopped away the other looked warily at the candle. Bella Donna noticed a flickering off to the side but when she turned to look at it she let out a gasp and brought her hooves up to her muzzle. Aegis Flare, hearing this, turned to look at her mother and noticed the tears forming in her eyes. Out of concern and curiosity at what her mother was looking at she turned to see and froze herself.

“Daddy?” Hearing her voice of disbelief, the entire room turned to see a ghostly figure standing behind them all. Those that were native to Ponyville or the Black Guard immediately knew who it was and could understand just how incredible this gift was.

Aegis Flare and Bella Donna charged across the room to throw themselves at the figure, with Scootaloo not far behind, as tears began to fall as the four embraced. The stallion spoke in a low tone that only the three could hear, but everyone could see the effect it had on them as their tears began to flow freely. Applejack and her family began to tear up as well as they watched a broken family be united one final time so that they could finally say the goodbyes that had been robbed from them all those years ago.

“Did I do good mommy? Why are they crying?” The timberpony looked down at her daughter and drew her close with a forelimb.

“Yes dear, you did great.” The filly smiled widely and curled up next to her mother as the candles flame slowly burned down, counting the moments the reunited family would have together for the last time.

Author's Note:

Ugh, motivation to write draining yet I have so many ideas. Even have some for one I may do in the future but I'd like to at least finish one of my current in progress ones first.

Now what do we have next up on the creators block... Hmm, looks like the replacement for Rainbow Falls with the return of an old friend/acquaintance. Looks like I totally ruined Pinkie Pride now as well, but oh well and... looks like Filly Vanilli won't be making an appearance and Twilight Time... May or may not have something going on.

I can also say that Somone to Watch over me will be very brief and... Oh look, incoming fan favorite within the next 2-3 chapters. :pinkiecrazy: Actually, I think I may use the Twilight Time episode in a way and adapt it to Celestia's punishment for some of her past mistakes that will soon be revealed. :trollestia: