• Published 16th Apr 2015
  • 610 Views, 8 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: Adventures of the Book of Virtue - ColossalGX



The course of the FIM series changes with a new arrival to Ponyville before it all began...

  • ...
5
 8
 610

The Threads are Greener when turned Inside Out

KNOCK-KNOCK-KNOCK

“Coming!” a familiar voice sang from inside the carosel home before the door opened, revealing its caretaker Rarity, “Welcome to Carosel Boutique, where—” when she realized who was outside the door, however, her cheerful expression sullied a bit, “Omnifarious…is here... What a surprise you decided to drop by!” her smile was faked this time.

“What are you talking about? You came over yesterday and said you have a job for me at your shop today,” Omni said.

“Um…” Rarity blinked, still keeping her fake smile, “Is that today?”

“You said, and I quote…”


“If you’re not busy tomorrow, darling, I would like you to help me at my boutique tomorrow at noon. You will receive payment for a job well done.”


“Oh! You mean 'today' today!” Rarity chuckled nervously, “Listen, there’s been a change of plans. It looks like I won’t be needing any help—”

“Rarity!” the squeal of Pinkie Pie can be heard from inside, “I just want to thank you again for inviting all of us to help you help Fluttershy model for the super-famous photographer that’s coming today!”

Rarity’s eyes had been wide like saucers in those moments, “Um, let me finish, uh… Because I already have enough help. So if you don’t mind…” she was about to close the door when Omni stuck out his foot to keep it from closing.

“Listen, I’ve been keeping quiet about this, but not anymore,” Omni exclaimed, “Every time I do a job for you, you stiff me on the payment!”

“That…that’s ridiculous!” Rarity stammered.

“What about the first one I did for you? It was around the same time you had your fashion show. You still haven’t paid me for then!”

“W-well, you did ruin my first show, and you kidnapped Opalescent! I think you deserve that dock of pay!”

“And what about the time I was hauling gems for you?”

“While you were the one pulling the wagon, you weren’t there to carry the load home.”

“That’s because I was kidnapped, after I saved you from those diamond dogs! And I don’t remember even getting a 'thank you’ for that either!”

“I gave you a coupon!”

“About that…” Omni brought out the coupon and dropped it from his mouth onto the floor, “Check the expiration date.”

Rarity picked up the coupon with her magic and read the expiration date, which caused her to go pale, even though it’s hard to tell with her white coat, “…Oh.”

“Read the fine print on the back, where your signature is, I should let you know.”

Rarity turned over the coupon where the fine print was, and grew even paler, “…Oh!” she squeaked.

“Not only did it expire the day before you gave it to me, as it turned out, only the person who’s signature is on that thing is allowed to cash it in. You gave me a coupon I can’t even use!” Omni exclaimed at that last part, then shook his head frantically, “I...I don’t understand! What did I do to you to be treated like this?!”

“Uh, now, now, I can tell you’re getting a little frustrated for…some reason, but, uh...I have some good news! I have been busy working on a special project just for you!”

Omni, taking a break from his raging, blinked, “Is that true?” Rarity quickly nodded, “And what does that have to do with all the money you owe me?”

“Oh! Well, it’s just that the project is a bit expensive, I figured it’s only fair that it’s made from your payroll. It’s only fair, right?” Rarity grew a nervous grin.

"And that voice message I heard the other day?"

"It may say 'Omni's Pay' on the bag, but I just needed someplace to carry the money."

“And you didn’t just explain it to me?”

“I wanted it to be a surprise.”

“Uh-huh. Well, I’m sure you don’t mind taking a peek, you know, to see how far you gone.”

“Oh no! Nonono! You see, a true artist never reveals her work half-way. It’s considered bad—” Rarity’s fake cheerful expression dropped as she spotted something over Omni’s shoulder, “…On second thought, one little peek won’t hurt. Come on in!” without any further explanation the unicorn pushed the normal pony into her shop, where her six other friends, including Spike, were in the lobby.

“Omnifarious?” Twilight greeted said pony, “I thought Rarity was giving you the day off.”

“Day off?!” Omni exclaimed, “I only do occasional jobs! All my other days are my day off!”

“Which is why I decided to call you in today!” Rarity lied through her teeth, “Besides, you said yourself you needed the extra bits.”

“But you said—”

“Look!” Rarity replied to Twilight in haste, “A lady can make up for mind if the time calls for it! Now if you would excuse us…”

The white unicorn would have pushed Omni through the basement door if Omni hadn’t grasped his hooves onto either side of the door frame, “You’re a bad liar, Rarity! Just tell me what’s going on that’s so important!”

“Nothing special is going on!” Rarity once again lied cheerfully, still trying to push Omni into the basement, “It’s just the seven of us together helping out a friend for no special occasion whatsoever—”

Suddenly the main door burst open, letting in a couple of ponies carrying equipment, plus one more with a light-blue coat, cropped white hair and tail wearing a pair of pink-lensed glasses. She announced in a thick german accent, “Photo Finish; has awwived!”

“…, Uhh, you saw nothing!” Rarity exclaimed as she finally managed to kick Omni through the basement door before slamming it, trotting back into the showroom like nothing happened.

That left Omni sprawled and groaning downstairs in a dark basement…


It’s been who-knows-how-long since he was locked inside and no one came to open it for him since, so he decided to get himself out. So he sprinted from the farthest wall and up the stairs, and spun around to kick the door down…

Only to run through it and flat into the nearest wall.

“Omnifarious?!” the familiar voice of Rarity exclaimed, “What are you doing in my basement?!”

Omni groaned as he picked himself up, “What are you talking about? You locked me in there, remember?!”

“...Oh,” Rarity blinked, then blushed, “I…supposed there’s no way you could forget this ever happened?” she tried enticing him with a bright grin, but Omni wasn’t having it.

“I have been locked down in that basement for…I don’t know how long!” he groaned, “And I want to know why! I want the truth, Rarity.”

“Now…define 'truth'.”

“Rarity!!”

“Oh, alright!” Rarity huffed, finally dropping her façade, then took a deep breath, “Remember the mare that came over earlier? That was one of the most prominent photographers in all of Equestria! And she came to me, of all people, to do a photo shoot of my designs!”

“And what exactly does that have to do with me?”

“You see…” Rarity pulled her gaze away, “I kinda didn’t want you two to meet.”

“Why, not,” Omni began seething.

“Well, here’s the thing… And don’t get mad for what I’m about to say…”

“I’m mad now.”

“Okay then… The truth is, and it’s nothing personal, by the way; I sort of...didn’t want you to ruin my chances with her.”

“…First of all, why single me out of all people? And second, how is none of that personal?!”

“It’s not about me at all. It’s just…to be the greatest photographer, you have to be very selective of your clients. And Photo Finish is the most finicky of them all.”

“So?”

“So, I wanted to make a good first impression. And it stands to reason that I can’t do that—and don’t jump to conclusions—when you are here.”

“So you’re embarrassed to be seen with me,” Omni spitefully spat.

“See? You’re already jumping to conclusions! Photo Finish selects her clients very carefully and through many variables; especially by their-‘ahem’-associates.”

“So you’re saying I’m not good enough to be around you with her around.”

“Please listen to reason, Omnifarious. Fluttershy has been chosen to be the next top model of Equestria. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. And I feared she wouldn’t get the position with…you know…”

“So what, you though I’d ruin this 'once-in-a-lifetime opportunity' somehow?”

Rarity darted her eyes to the side, “…Your words, not mine.”

Rarity!!

“Listen, Photo Finish is very selective of her clients! You cannot even count the number of clients that fell out because of the company they keep.”

Omni's eyes casted down, “So I’m supposed to be bad company…”

“I know this is hard for you to understand, but I just cannot take any chances.”

“…”

“Which is why we cannot have you around Fluttershy, especially when Photo Finish is around. And even when that happens, just walk away and pretend you don’t know each other. So, do we have a deal?”

“You do realize you’re asking me to stay hidden because you’re afraid I’d ruin Fluttershy's modeling career by being around her.”

“So…that’s a yes?”

“…I’m leaving,” Omni turned to walk out when Rarity popped up between him and the door.

“This is only as long as Photo Finish is in town!” the white unicorn pleaded, “I cannot have any chances of it being ruined!”

“Do you even hear the words coming out of your mouth?!” Omni exclaimed, “You want me to stay out of sight of some snooty photographer because you think I’m not good enough to be around! And you expect me to be okay with it?!”

“Please, Omnifarious! Just this one favor and I’ll most definitely owe you one!”

“Have you even been keeping count? You owe me three! Remember, the payment for my first and second job with you? Not to mention that expired coupon!”

“Actually, that coupon was from your second job.”

“RARITY!”

“Okay! Okay! Just do me this one favor and I promise; I will pay you for those last two jobs, as well as a free spa day, all expenses paid. Just do me this one, little, favor.”

That sounded like a pretty good deal; although it’s a long time coming. But there’s one problem: How am I supposed to believe you’ll keep your word this time?”

“I Pinkie Promise…” Rarity crossed over her heart before covering an eye with that same hoof, both with pride, “I will keep my word.”

After another moment of consideration, Omni sighed tiredly, “Fine."

Suddenly, the shop's door burst open for Fluttershy to jump in and slam it back closed so the mob she brought with her couldn’t.

Rarity was the first to welcome her, with a forced smile, “Wow. Look how popular you are. I’m so excited for you!” but eventually she grew tired of grinning and just dropped it, “You must be having the best time ever…”

As she clasped the grin back in place, Fluttershy approached her sharing Rarity’s level of enthusiasm, “Oh, yes. Best time ever.”

“Fluttershy!” Photo Finish called as she intruded herself inside, “I have been looking for you everywhere. We have the thing at the place!”

Fluttershy turned to Rarity as Photo leaves, “I’ll see you at the spa? Our usual time?”

“Of course! I can’t wait to hear all about the...'thing' at the ‘place',” after one of Photo's stripe-sleeved forelegs reached in to yank Fluttershy out, Rarity lets her true feelings show with a groan and a sullen slump, “I’m the one who should be mobbed by strangers wherever I go!”

“That sounds like jealous-talk just now,” Omni stated.

“Oh be quiet; you don’t know anything,” the sound of the opening door and jingling bell then snapped the envious unicorn back into customer-greeting mode, “Welcome to Carousel Boutique!”

“Is she still here?” one of the ponies who came in looked around, “We heard Fluttershy was here.”

“Sorry, you just missed her,” Rarity then brightened her previous sullen state and showed off a nearby dress rack, “But you’re still in luck. I’m having a huge sale on some of my best designs.”

“And you are…?”

“Rarity, of course.”

“Never heard of you.”

The white unicorn fumed like a teakettle as the two ponies walked out.

“I reiterate: that’s jealousy talking,” was all Omni could say before…

POW!


KNOCK-KNOCK-KNOCK

Omnifarious walked to the door and peered at the window next to it, where he spotted a large, floppy hat and an equally large pair of sunglasses. As much as he’d be glad to let a complete stranger into a house that’s not even his, but, as usual, no hands to work the knob. So he did the next best thing and pushed open the upper part of the door. After that, the stranger helped themself to jumping inside and pushing the door back in.

“May I help you…?” Omni asked flatly. The stranger pulled off their hat and shades to reveal a head of pink hair and light-blue eyes. Omni recoiled a bit in surprise, “Fluttershy?”

“Sorry about barging in like this,” the yellow pegasus said meekly, “I didn’t want anypony know I was coming here.”

“I heard you got all famous and stuff.”

“Mm, yeah…” Fluttershy stared down at her hoof tracing across the floor, “If you don’t mind, I need a favor from you. You see, I’ve been so busy that I haven’t had time to feed the animals. So I need somepony to do it while I’m away, so…”

KNOCK-KNOCK-KNOCK

“What now…” Omni groaned as he went back to the door. And upon opening it…

“OH MY GOSH IT’S FLUTTERSHY!”

SLAM!

“I thought you said no one knew you were coming,” Omni said, looking back over to the frightened pegasus.

“I don’t understand!” she whimpered, “I was sure nopony followed me!”

Suddenly there was a loud bang at the door. Omni backed away as a few more came before the door itself burst open, letting in a whole swarm of ponies and photographers. Both Omni and Fluttershy were literally backed into a corner as they found themselves surrounded by crazed fans and flashes.

After much question-asking and picture taking, Omni had enough and pushed one of the cameras down, “What do you think you’re doing?!”

“Outta the way! You’re blocking my shot!” Omnifarious was pushed outside of the mob, leaving Fluttershy to be bombarded with more questions and pictures.

As bad as yesterday had been, today’s fiasco was more than enough as Omni pushed his was back into the eye of the storm and then, getting in between Fluttershy and the paparazzi, grabbed the nearest camera, tossed it to the floor and smashed it to pieces under his foot. Everything went silent after that.

“Next picture they take is gonna have their camera end up like this one right here!” the blue pony shouted, “And don’t get started on the next person who asks one more question! Go ahead and try!”

“What’s with the skirt!?” another camera was thrown over the crowd and smashed into that next person.

“Now everybody out!!” the crowd groaned as they left the library. After the last person sulked out, Fluttershy was once again alone with Omni.

“Thank you, Omnifarious,” she said, “That was a bit…extreme; but I really appreciate it.”

“Fluttershy, be honest with me… Being in the limelight seemed completely out-of-character for you. You don’t really like how you’re always the center of attention…do you?”

Fluttershy casted her eyes nervously to the floor. But eventually, feeling Omni’s gaze on her, she finally gave in and walked back and forth across the library, “Oh, it’s horrible! I never have time to myself anymore! I couldn’t even be alone in my own house because there’s a crowd camping at my front door waiting for me! I became so busy I even missed out on my spa day with Rarity!” she then slowed down and lied on the floor, with her distraught expression on her face rested on her crossed forlegs, “Being a model feels nice, but… I don’t want to lose my friends because of it.”

“So to clarify, you feel this whole modeling thing just isn’t you, tight?” Fluttershy, still looking downward, silently nodded, “Then quit.”

Fluttershy shot her head up and looked with puzzled, wide eyes at Omni, “Q-quit?”

“If you don’t like something then it makes no sense to put up with it if you can just quit right now. So the first chance you get, tell your bosses you quit.”

It was then that Fluttershy shot up to her feet, “B-but I can’t just quit! It’s Rarity's dream to become a world-famous model but they chose me instead,” she brought back her hope-depraved demeanor, “So I have do this, for her…”

“Just think about it: if Rarity knew you’re torturing yourself like this, especially when she’s the cause of it, would she want you to keep doing it?”

“But this is exactly why I have to keep doing this. Doing what you suggest, quitting because I couldn’t handle it seems…” Fluttershy hung her head back down as her ears folded back, “selfish.”

Omni sighed in frustration, “Compared to you not wanting to model and Rarity wanting you to model even though you clearly don’t want to, which do you think is more selfish?”

Fluttershy shook her head and gave a small, solemn smile, “But if Rarity doesn’t know then it’s not the same. I could see the proud look on her face when I first made my debut. So I don’t want to waste that by thinking about myself.”

“Then you might not know this but Rarity was actually—” suddenly some of the books flew off the shelf right next to Omni, his mouth clamped shut by a pair of pink hooves and pulled back against the shelf.

That was when a puffy pink face popped through as well, “Don’t mind us! Just go on back to your modeling career, okay?”

“O…kay. I guess I’ll see you two later…” after Fluttershy left the library, the hooves that were holding Omnifarious finally let go.

“Pinkie!” Omni snapped, facing the pink pony (who apparently got herself stuck between the shelves somehow), “What were you doing just now?!”

“What am I doing?” Pinkie pointed to herself with one of her dangling arms, “I just stopped you from making a huge mistake!”

“What are you talking about?”

“Don’t you remember that promise you made to Rarity?”

“You were there? So you knew what Rarity had me do!”

Pinkie nodded, “You made a Pinkie Promise. And nopony breaks a Pinkie Promise.”

“You can’t be serious,” Omni glared at her deadpanned, “Pinkie, if you knew what those two are going through then it doesn’t make sense making them go through this emotional discord.”

Pinkie shook her head, “Doesn’t matter. You can’t break a Pinkie Promise, no matter what.”

“I don’t think you understand what’s going on—”

“That’s not true!” Pinkie said matter-of-factly, “Rarity’s jealous because Fluttershy is famous, and Fluttershy is sad because her fame is keeping her away from her friends.”

“And you actually want this to go on?”

“Of course not! But a Pinkie Promise is a Pinkie Promise. And nopony breaks a Pinkie Promise.”

“You cannot expect me to let this friendship tear apart because of some petty pact.”

“You don’t understand, Omni! This is more than just about some silly promise. The Pinkie Promise is the ultimate sign of trust. And everypony knows, that losing a friend’s trust is the quickest way to losing a friend.”

“Pinkie—”

“Forever!”

“But Pinkie—!”

For-e-ver!

“Pinkie!”

“FOREVER!!”

“You know what, @*&$ it!” Omni spun around and stomped towards the door, “Screw the Pinkie Promise! I know what needs to be done, and I’m gonna do it!”

“Wait! Don’t leave!” Pinkie called out to Omni before he jumped out the top half of the door, leaving Pinkie stuck between the shelves, “At least call the fire department before you go!”


So Omnifarious marched straight on down to the auditorium, where Fluttershy was sure to be on account of the many ponies seen gathering inside. But before he could get through the door, he had to deal with the bouncer guarding it, telling him to pay admission. So he bud farewell to what little bits he had on him until his next payday (if there ever will be a payday, that is…).

The inside was jam-packed with ponies waiting for the show to arrive, which became more sooner than later as the room went dark, the curtains rose and the spotlights shot at Fluttershy, who came out to the runway in a green dress. But it wasn’t until she strutted down the runway when things got weird. As she was hovering off the runway, she fell face-first back into the ground. But that wasn’t the worst of it: her wings started flapping and dragged her around still face-down. After that she was picking her nose, scratching off fleas and braying like a donkey. It was one embarrassing spectacle after another. And everyone was there to say so:

“Get her off the stage!”

“She’s an embarrassment to all things fashion!”

“I, Photo Finish, have made a terrible mistake!”

So, this must be what Fluttershy would rather have; to get kicked out of the job in shame rather than just quit as simply put. Well, Omnifarious won’t have that. So he did the one thing he thought he’d never do…

And that’s giving a round of applause.

The encouraged cheering was out of place over the constant booing, so it was easy for everyone to stop and spot the one person motivating Fluttershy, clapping his hooves as he rooted for her, “Whoo! Yeah! Keep going! Yeah!”

“Did I hear right?! Who could possibly applaud to that horrid display?!”

“He actually think that is good?!”

“He clearly knows nothing about fashion! I mean look at him!”

“I agree! Who in their right mind wears a skirt that ugly?!”

The crowd went back to booing; only this time, it was aimed at Omnifarious. And to add to the insult, they started throwing rotten fruit at him as well.

“Ow!” Omni cried out as something hard pelted him, “Was that tomato frozen?!” he tucked for cover as more stuff was being thrown at him.

“Bravo! I say, bravo!” everyone stopped their angry tirade stopped at another new voice completely out of place, “Such attitude! Such pizzazz! She’s invented an entirely new kind of modeling! Bravo!”

“Who is saying these things?”

“It’s her!” All eyes followed the random lady’s hoof to a pretty white unicorn in a dress and hat cheering and stomping her applaud, “The unicorn in the gorgeous cape and headdress!”

“Now that is a pony who clearly knows a thing or two about fashion.”

Well, that changes everything! If that fabulous pony likes it, then I do too. Bravo!”

Everyone joined together in stomping and cheering for Fluttershy. At least Omni's plan worked, in a way; and no one else is throwing anymore stuff at him…


When the show was over, Omni decided to give Fluttershy a stern talking to. The only thing standing in the way is that bouncer standing in front of the dressing room's door.

“Hey, nopony's getting in without a pass,” the bouncer barked out.

“Hey, it’s okay, I’m a friend of Fluttershy's. Just ask her; she’ll vouch for me.”

“Look, everypony who came here also said they’re 'friends' with Fluttershy,” if ponies could make quote-fingers, he’d make them, “So no, you’re not getting in.”

Omni groaned, and tried to think of a better idea… “Hey look!” he pointed out the opposite way, “There’s some guy over there saying he’s nominating you for the 'Best Bouncer' Award!”

But all that did was make the bouncer chuckle, “You really think I’m that stupid, huh?”

“Uh, hello? Excuse me?” some pony was walking around, possibly looking for someone, “I’m from the Awards Committee, and I’m here to give to give a nomination voucher to…”

When the bouncer heard his name, he sprinted on over to get his nomination. That left no one in the way as Omni pushed the door open and went into the dressing room where he found Fluttershy, and Twilight Sparkle for some reason…

“I can’t believe it…” he scowled, “Did you know how stupid you look out there?”

Fluttershy was about to explain, but Twilight beat her to it, “This is completely my fault, Omni. I was just trying to help Fluttershy out of her modeling career.”

Omni groaned with a facepalm, “Figures…”

“Wait…you knew?”

“Yeah. Fluttershy told me. Of course, I did try to help her myself but apparently she doesn’t wanna take my advice.”

Twilight turned to the yellow pegasus with a concerned look, “Is that true?”

Fluttershy sulked with her ears folded, “I know this looks bad, Omni, but following your advice would mean having to tell Rarity why. It would mean being seen as an ingrate. I just can’t…”

Twilight then turned back to Omni, “Please, consider what Fluttershy's going through. She’s doing this for Rarity's sake. Would you have her give up if it means hurting Rarity’s feelings?”

“Does it even matter when Fluttershy’s not even enjoying it?” Omni replied, “You said it yourself, you’re helping her weasel out of this whole thing!”

Twilight turned away, embarrassed at her own contradiction, “I won’t expect you to understand, Omnifarious, but it isn’t that simple.”

“Then I’ll make it simple. Apparently I know something about Rarity that will settle this once and for all! It turns out that she—” but Omni was cut off when in an instant his foot was put in his mouth; only to realize that foot wasn’t his...

“Sorry!” Twilight cried as she pulled her forehoof out, “I don’t know what happened! It’s just…happened!”

Omni spat out whatever was left behind by Twilight’s hoof, “Are you kidding me?!”

“Fluttershy, are you all right?” everyone turned to see Rarity as she came barging in towards Fluttershy.

“I’m great,” the pegasus said, forcing a smile, “I’m a super-famous fashion model. Why wouldn’t I be great?”

“Because you have—” once again, Omni found another foot in his mouth; or rather, two, “Twilight!!” he gagged after Twilight yanked out both of her forehooves.

“Sorry!!” Twilight exclaimed, “I honestly don’t know what happened!!”

“Out there on the runway, everyone was turning on you and…ooh…oh, Fluttershy, it’s so awful…” Rarity’s voice then dropped to the lowest decibel, “…I wanted them to.”

“You did?” Fluttershy asked.

“Of course she did! Because—” suddenly, Omni found his mouth being stuffed by various fruits from the basket at the corner of the room.

“I’m jealous!” Rarity continued, “I wanted all the attention, and instead it was going to you! I even started hoping that you would do something silly so your modeling career would be over.

But then, when it started happening, all I could think was… How could I want you to fail at something you love so much?”

Eventually, Omnifarious managed to remove the fruit from his mouth, “Because! Fluttershy doesn’t—" but in that instant, his mouth was stuffed full of dirt and everything went dark.

“Love? Oh, Rarity, I hate being a model.”

“You do?”

“More than anything.”

“Then why did you keep doing it?”

“I was afraid if I quit, you’d be mad at me for not wanting to ‘shine all over Equestria.’”

“And I thought if I told you how jealous I was of your success, you’d think I was a terrible friend.”

“Never.”

“All this time…”

“If we’d just told each other the truth…”

“I promise never to keep my feelings a secret again.”

“Me too.”

Finally, the two friends both mimicked the new Pinkie Promise, “Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye,” before ending with a laugh.

It was then that Photo Finish came peeking through the door, “You were brilliant. Brilliant! I’ve already got six photo shoots lined up for tomorrow alone.”

“…I’m sorry, Photo Finish, but I—” but Fluttershy was cut off when a white hoof was placed over her mouth.

“Let me handle this, darling,” Rarity said and went to another part of the room.

Eventually Omnifarious was able to fill his lungs with fresh air after finally managing to pull his head from out of the flowerpot, when he suddenly found himself being dragged along before stopping in front of Photo Finish.

“Photo Finish, meet Omnifarious. He is a good friend of your client.”

“Is this true?” the photographer asked the yellow pegasus, who nodded with a puzzled look. Photo took a step forward to take a better look at the blue stallion. Omni felt awkward as he felt her eyes behind those shades looking him over, so he decided to do some smalltalk…

“Sup?”

Photo Finish flinch at the greeting…


“All that travel! All those photo shoots! All that publicity! WASTED!!!” Photo wailed as she was carried out of the auditorium by her assistants.

Omni watched her at the door with Rarity, Fluttershy and Twilight as the photographer fainted after.

“There…” Rarity sighed in relief, “We won’t have to worry about Photo Finish stepping one hoof into town ever again.”

“This makes no sense…” Omni said, giving a confused, sullen look, both to practically no one, “Fluttershy could’ve just simply quit… I honestly don’t understand the problem of saying 'I quit'… Two words; that’s all it would take…”

“To be honest, I’m kind of confused myself,” Twilight said.

“Me too…” Fluttershy added.

Rarity shrugged, “Listen, the important thing is that Fluttershy no longer needs to worry about Photo Finish coming back,” she then began to proudly stride away as if she did nothing wrong, “I think this calls for a relaxing day at the spa to celebrate. Twilight, Fluttershy, you can come as well.”

“What about me?” Omni asked.

Rarity stopped, “Um, what about you?” she asked politely.

“What about my full payment? What about my free spa day?”

“What is he talking about?” Fluttershy gave a puzzled look to Rarity, who couldn’t turn back due to hiding a panicked, guilt-ridden look.

“Rarity was afraid I’d ruin your precious fashion career, so she had me promise to stay away from you! In fact, the whole basic idea was to make Photo Finish believe that I…didn’t…know you…” it then dawned on the blue pony on what previously happened, “You had me to introduced to Photo on purpose! You never intended on paying me or giving me that 'free spa day'!! You diabolic—” Omni would’ve lunged at Rarity if it weren’t for Twilight levitating him in place off the ground.

“Rarity, is what he just said true?” Twilight asked in a serious tone.

Rarity brushed a hoof against her opposite forearm, eyes darting in random directions as she chuckled nervously, “Now why would I—I mean how could you…um…maybe?”

“How could you?!” Omni exclaimed as he tried to struggle out of Twilight’s grip, “Whatever happened your 'Pinkie Promise'?!”

“Listen, I was going to pay you…eventually… It’s just that…all those spa treatments I gave my friends, I kind of…paid for them out of your pocket,” Omni stopped struggling and listened in disbelief as Rarity continued tip-toeing around the conversation, “And about that 'free spa day', that was before I realized the spa put a lifetime ban on you; something about a 'stolen coupon'?” his body fell limp in Twilight’s magical field and his crestfallen look became worse as Rarity continued, “So if anything, I’ve always intended to keeping that promise. It just…fell apart. The problem isn’t that I wouldn’t, it’s that I can’t,” by that time, Omni was let down on his haunches, seeming not about to do anything, “Now, regardless of what you may be thinking, I feel that I should remind you that we had an orally iron-clad contract. So since you couldn’t uphold your end of the bargain, I see no reason to hold up mine. But look at it this way: I was able to invite all my friends to a relaxing day at the spa; and it was your funds that made it possible. So technically, it was your treat. And I am very grateful for that; so is everypony else, I’m sure.”

“Rarity, I think you made your point…” Twilight said, trying to spare what’s left of Omni’s shattered ego, “Besides, he doesn’t look well…”

“Well, this has been a difficult-enough conversation to have,” Rarity said, regardless of her recent boldness. She tiptoed carefully towards Omni and lightly patted his shoulder, “Just to let you know, I’m not proud of any of this. Here’s hoping this doesn’t damage our friendship,” she then spun around and trotted off, “I’ll let you know the next time I require your services!”

“I should be going to, so…bye,” Fluttershy then walked off in a different direction.

“Look, I know Rarity, you know, mucked you over, but I’m sure they’re worse things… Right…?” but Twilight may as well be talking to a broken brick wall, “Well, I’ll see you at home then…” Twilight walked back to the treehouse, leaving Omnifarious in his depressed state…


“Omni? Are you down there?” the blue pony's ears perked up at Twilight’s call. Yet he simply kept lying on the library basement’s cold floor, even when hearing the door open and a set of footsteps closing in, “There’s something left at the door. The tag on it says it’s for you.”

So against his better judgement, Omni dragged himself out to the ground floor. But when he looked through the opened door, it was a sight to behold.

Sitting in a small, red wagon sat two large, opened bags of gold coins, along with a letter with his name on it that read: 'For what it’s worth, you were right; nothing good can come from living a dream you don’t enjoy yourself, and it’s better to show your true feelings than to bottle them up for the sake of others.

PS, Also for what it’s worth, the job paid really well. So I hope this makes up for all the trouble you’ve been through lately.’

Huh, well what do you know. After getting kidnapped by diamond dogs for Rarity, being left to rot by Rarity and being stiffed from payment by Rarity, after being locked in a closet for days, being given false promises and being left high and dry as if she’s done nothing wrong by Rarity, it was Fluttershy who managed to come through in the end. For the first time in a while, it feels like everything’s gonna be alright for Omnifarious.

“I was wondering what kept you with this month's rent,” New Moon said, walking off with the money in tow, “This should be enough to cover it. Whatever’s left over can help spruce up the place.”

…Or maybe not.


Downstairs, the Book of Virtue gained a new entry:

Dear Princess Celestia,

Being a good friend means being able to keep a secret. But you should never be afraid to share your true feelings with a good friend.

Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle.

And the headline that came with it: Honestly.


Epilogue:

*RIIING! RIIING! RIIING!*

*Click!* “Hello, this is I, Dio Brando. If I’m not answering the phone right now, that should mean I’m out on a leisurely nighttime stroll to destroy the Joestar clan. Just leave a message after the beep.”

*BEEEP*

“Hi! It’s Pinkie! I just wanted to thank you for letting me borrow The World for a while. He came quite in handy! We’ll, he should be getting back to Cairo soon. Bye!”

*Click!*


Please Read and Review.

Comments ( 2 )

Omni just can't catch a break

Okay, I really need to see omni getting some revenge or something on everypony who's been treating him like crap, especially mach faiz, new moon, and rarity, who've done nothing but treat him like shit since the beginning.

Login or register to comment