• Published 16th Apr 2015
  • 610 Views, 8 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: Adventures of the Book of Virtue - ColossalGX



The course of the FIM series changes with a new arrival to Ponyville before it all began...

  • ...
5
 8
 610

Dumbing of Age

Author's Note:

My Little Pony FIM-Hasbro

The day started like any other, the difference being that he's been pulled into another job today. It doesn't seen proper going out like he just got out of bed, so Omni got out of bed and went into the bathroom. After sitting in the shower for ten minutes he got out and dried off, got dressed back into his everyday clothes and stepped in front of the bathroom mirror.

Something about his own reflection sometimes made his stomach turn; and not because he gets bed-head or anything. Whenever he looked in the mirror, he tries not to look at his backside. That's not because he never kept groomed or anything, it just that it brings back a past he rather forget about. Unfortunately it recently came back to bite him. Here's hoping that's the only time it sneaks up on him. After getting himself groomed, he stepped out into the library, where Twilight sat near a small stack of books reading.

"Hey, Twilight, do you know where the school is?" Omni asked.

"Try going straight across the meadow and stay beside the tracks until you reach the stream," Twilight replied, not taking her eyes off her book, "Once you cross it there should reach a path eventually," She used her magic to let Omni out the door and shut it behind him. "…Wait, why would you want to go to school?" she wonders if it's too late to and ask him...


After walking through the meadow and crossing the bridge over the stream, he followed the dirt path until he could see a small red building, a little bigger than any regular house. It's a long time since he's seen a school this small.

Reason being this is due to today's job he's been given, which is to babysit someone's kid while they're off doing some stuff. When the children were just getting out, something had just occurred to him…he's got absolutely no idea who he's supposed to babysit! Not that he forgot their name, just that doesn't have a clue what they look like! They should've given him a picture of the kid before going off! "Guess there's one way to find out…" so he stood outside the school grounds and waited for the first student to walk past him front of him. "Are you Diamond Tiara?"

"...Mooooom, this wierdo's talking to me!"

"Wha?" before he could tell up from down, Omni was sent onto his back, hard and fast.

"You need to stay away from my little boy, you sicko!" the mother shrieked as she rushed out from the school with her child in tow.

"What's her problem…?" Omni groaned as he got up, just in time to see another child coming, "Hey, are you Diamond Tiara?" he received no reply but instead a spritz from a can of pepper spray they were carrying. Omni was left writhing back on the ground trying to rub the pepper from his eyes.

While the pain was subsiding, he heard another set of tiny footsteps coming towards him and stopping, "Diamond Tiara?" his only response this time was a powerful kick that traded one kind of pain for another.

By the time he was able to see again he was holding his nuts as yet another child stop right in front of him. She was a small pink pony with purple and white hair. Beside her was another, grey one with braided white hair, "Are you…oh please, oh please…Diamond Tiara?"

In response one of the ponies, the pink one with white and purple hair, gave a disgusted look. "Excuse me? Who are you?"

"Just please tell me where I can find someone named Diamond Tiara!" Omni pleaded, having enough pain to deal with.

"Um, maybe you can try looking up here!" the pony pointed over her head, which has a diamond-encrusted tiara sitting on it.

"Oh..." Omni groaned and got up on his feet and decided to be direct, "Look, my name is Omnifarious and your dad hired me to look after you."

"So you're the one my dad sent?" The pink pony gagged, looking him over, "I guess there really aren't many suitable candidates."

"Look at that! He's wearing a skirt!" The grey pony pointed towards Omni's haunches.

Diamond looked towards where the grey pony was pointing, "Hey you're right, Silver! What's up with that!"

"It's a kilt, not a skirt!" Omni muttered under his breath.

"HA! Kilts are plaid, you idiot! That's definitely a skirt!" Diamond laughed along with her friend.

"You actually go out in public, dressed like that?"

"I think there's something under there he's trying to hide," a snide smirk crept on Diamonds face, "Like say, something short, small and no-so-satisfying."

"Ha! Good one!"

'These girls really got an attitude on them...' Omni thought, "Look, I'm supposed to be taking care of you. So what do you wanna do today?"

Diamond stopped laughing and shot a glare at Omni, "At least you know how to skip to the chase. Sugar Cube Corner. You can at least take me there and give me a sundae."

Omni resisted letting out an exasperated sigh as he replied, "Okay, let's go." But right when he turned around to leave he felt a large weight pressing down on him. "Ah! What gives?!"

"You don't expect me to walk all the way there, do you? You're supposed to do what I want. And I want you to take me to Sugar Cube Corner, understand?!"

"…Alright, I'm going," Omni growled as he started walking back to town, when even more weight pulled him down, "What the…" he looked back at the payload and saw the small grey pony right behind the pink one.

"Silver's coming along too," Diamond smirked, "I'm sure you won't mind."

Omni couldn't help but groan as he started dragging his feet all the way back to town. This is gonna be a long and difficult day.


At the bakery he ended up treating the two girls to a sundae bowl as requested. There he was sitting at the table with them, watching them gossip. It's just then when he noticed them exchanging glances towards him as they kept whispering to each other that he could be their main topic. But when they noticed him staring at them they decide to cut it short.

"What are you staring at?" Diamond muttered, and Omni just turned away, "Yeah, that's what I thought."

"I'm full," Silver groaned, pushing away the large half-eaten bowl, "You can have the rest."

"I'm full too. In fact I need to use the bathroom." Diamond hopped off her chair and walked off.

"Yeah, I need to use it too." Silver jumped off and followed her friend. With both girls after the restroom, Omni's left on the table with a half-eaten bowl of ice cream. Well, they did say they didn't need anymore, so he cleaned it out the only way he could, right out the bowl. The advantage to eating right out of your plate is when you're in a hurry you can take one giant bite after another when you're done. And when Omni was done licking the ice cream off his muzzle he laid back against his chair, satisfied. That was well worth the twenty bits he paid.

"ggrrrrrrrrrll"

Uh-oh! Either Omni's sphincter just got shorter or nature's suddenly called; no, yell's more like it! He needs a can and he needs it now! After asking, more like pleading, for directions for the bathroom, Omni stumbled through the building until the only thing standing between him and a stone's throw from the john was a flight of stairs...

And for some reason a door-to-door salesman. "Hello. I'd like to give you an opportunity of-" Omni's really in a hurry so he pushed aside the salesman and went up the stairs...

Only for another salesman to stand in his way. "Young man, how would you like a chance to-" like he did before, Omni brushed him aside and continued...

Only for yet another salesman to appear! "For one day only, you can-" this is getting annoying! Omni just tossed the third salesman over his shoulder and sprinted on before anyone else could interfere. But that became an impossibility!

How could something as going to the bathroom become so difficult! One after another more salesman came and one after another he had to mow over them just to get to the toilet! After leaving heaps of ponies at the stairway he dragged his feet across the second floor for the second door on the left. One step, then another, one more to go, finally he can get his business over with!

Omni shoved his hoof against the door, the only obstacle left keeping him from the toilet, when he saw the sign hanging on the door saying: Out of Order.

3...

2...

1...

"UH-OH!"


BANG-BANG-BANG-BANG

"Alright, already! Keep your shirt on! I mean metaphorically..." Spike said as he rushed over to the door and opened it, only to welcome a blue blur inside and hear another door slam upstairs. "What was that?!"

"Huh?" Twilight looked up from her books, "Is Omnifarious back already?"


"C'mon, c'mon!" Omni didn't wait for the tub to fill to jump in. Putting his kilt under running hot water he scrubbed frantically trying to get the stains out, "I can't believe that actually happened to me..." he whimpered. Hoping the stains are gone Omni looked over his kilt only to groan in dismay at the stains still under the jean fabric.

knock-knock-knock

"Omni, are you alright in there?" Twilight asked from outside.

"NO! DON'T COME IN!" Omni yelled back.

"Okay then..." Twilight replied, with a little concern in her voice. Omni sighed out after hearing her feet move away. But he still has a problem; what's he supposed to wear now?


Turns out just running hot water and elbow grease won't clean this up, so he'll have to add some detergent and a rigged surface. After tossing a tower over his backside, Omni went down to the basement for the basin and washboard where they're kept when not being used. It's gotta be here somewhere...

"I was wondering where you were."

Omni jumped at the voice that alerted him. He looked around until he spotted Diamond Tiara sitting lazily on the stairway. "What are you doing here?!"he asked, surprised.

"What and I doing here?" Diamond repeated, making it a question she asked herself, "I should be asking you the same question!" She then got up and walked down the stairs, not taking her eyes off him. "Your job was supposed to be looking after me. I go to the bathroom two minutes and you just up and left."

"Something came up," Omni glared.

"Something more important that seeing two fillies to their safety?" Diamond finally stepped on the floor where she still glowered at Omni. "You're lucky some stranger didn't swipe me away in the middle of the street!"

"Not that lucky, apparently..."

"What was that?!" Diamond caught the words Omni was mumbling under his breath.

"I didn't say nothing." Omni scoffed.

"...I hope you think I'm not stupid. Just because you're older, doesn't give you the right to boss me around!"

Omni sighed. "Hey, I'm supposed to be looking after you, alright?"

"Yeah, you did a real good job doing that when you skipped the check on me back at that cake shop!"

"Oh yeah..." Omni looked aside. "My bad."

Oh, I wouldn't count that as a sorry. Not yet, anyway."

Omni shyed his head back. What's she talking about just then? That sounds like a threat. But just look at her; he's three times her size. What does she think she can do to...

Was that a draft he just felt? Omni suddenly turned pale as he looked back to see that grey little girl Diamond was hanging with, with his towel lying on the floor under her hooves. On impulse he quickly spun around to hide his backside from her, just to have it shown to Diamond instead. Amongst his panic he tried moving his haunches away from one pony just to show them to the other. Eventually he was making a spectacle of himself for the girls to laugh at, spinning around like a dog trying to catch his tail. It was only moments after that he decided to do something about it.

"Gimme that!" Omni charged for the towel only for Silver to scurry away to Diamonds side. He quickly spun back around to unsuccessfully hide his bare end and glare at the two.

"So that's what's you've been hiding!" Diamond didn't even bother holding her laugh back. "Now wonder you have to wear a skirt!"

"You listen here," Omni snarled, "If you wanna live to see tomorrow, you're not gonna tell anyone about this, understand?!"

"Is that supposed to be a threat?" Diamond scoffed, "I don't think so. What's in it for us?"

"This is not a negotiation." Omni growled.

"Okay then." Diamond then turned to her friend. "Let's bolt!" with that, the two darted towards the stairs.

"Come back here!" Omni chased after them up the stairs. He was a hair away from catching them until a large wooden door crashed against his face. When the stars cleared from in front of him, he banged on the door until Twilight opened it.

"I thought we agreed to leave the door half-way open." Twilight said. She's beginning to get really tired of being Omni's doorman.

"Have you seen two girls come by here?" Omni asked.

"Oh, right. Sorry I didn't tell you but they said they wanted to surprise you. Did everything turn out okay?"

When he saw Twilight's eyes travel past his, Omni quickly pushed the door until he could only present half his face through the crack. "I'm fine. I'm just indecent right now!"

"Oh! I'll just leave you alone then."

Omni let out a quiet sigh when Twilight turned and left him. With the close clear, he slumped against the wall next to the door. But he still has one major problem...besides his dirty laundry...

The secret that he's worked so hard to keep since coming here, was about to be unveiled to the entire town! There's nothing Omni can do to stop it as long as his jeans are in the wash! How's he supposed to go out there without anything to cover himself...?


Knocking on the door, Omni waited a few seconds before Rarity opened it. "Hi, uh, I need a little favor from..." he then caught Rarity staring at his weird attire he sighed, "Yes, I'm wearing a poncho, please focus. I need something made for me. Is there any way you can do it?"

"Um, right," Rarity replied, still dumbfounded by Onmi's poncho, "You can come in if you want I'm just about to put the finishing touches on a new dress."

"Okay." Omni followed Rairty into the story. He looked around until his eyes fell to the platform where someone's modeling in what could be one of Rarity's new dresses. But looking closer his pupils suddenly shrank. "Oh my $%&#..."

"Omnifarious!!" Rarity gasped, "Leave that language outside where it belongs! There's a child present!"

Standing on the platform wearing the dress was none other than Diamond Tiara. She gave a mocking gasp as her eyes laid on him. "Omni? Is that really you?"

"You two know each other?" Rarity asked, alternating looks between Diamond and Omni.

"Omni! You haven't told her about me?" Diamond frowned, hopping off the platform to him. "I thought we were friends!"

"Omnifarious, what is she talking about?"

"I don't know what this girl's talking about!" Omni said, "I only met her yesterday and I can tell you, she's not at all friendly!"

Diamond let out a gasp, "How...how could you..." she whimpered, "How could you lie like that? After everything I've done for you, you're gonna just sit there and pretend I don't mean anything to you?!"

"Wait just a minute-"

"I don't understand!" Diamond cried as she sadly nuzzled Rarity's front legs. "D-did I do something wrong?!"

"There, there; I'm sure you did nothing wrong, darling..." Rarity soothed the whimpering girl, before shooting a glare at Omni. "Get out."

"But I didn't-"

SLAM!

"Teriffic..."


After getting soundly kicked out of the shop, Omni decided to get something to eat. He figured a little brainfood can help so he went to the market to to help himself with some grannies. He went to the spot where the apple stand would be and met Applejack.

"Hey there, Omni! What can I get-" the cowgirl trailed off when she saw the raincoat on him.

"Do you have any green apples left?" Omni asked quickly, trying to take the topic off his coat.

"Um, sorry, I'm cleaned out for the day."

"Cleaned out? It's not even noon yet!"

Applejack's eyes rolled over to another pony walking away with two bulking bagsfull of apples. "Sorry 'bout that."

"Ugh. Thanks anyway..." Omni sighed and began to walk away.

"Hold on! I can get you some back at the farm!" Applejack called and Omni turned back to face her. "But could you do something to me in the meantime?"

"Like what?"

"It's for mah sister Applebloom. If you happen to find her, would ya mind spendin' a little time with her, make sure she's alright? I could be a little busy in the orchards for a while."

"Alright, I'll do that." Omni then went back for a walk around town.


Omnifarious spent the afternoon walking around town until he spotted a small yellow pony with red hair and a pink bow sulking across the street he was passing. Something seemed to be wrong with her. Maybe if he could talk to her...

"Is that who I think it is?"

Omni groaned as he was caught by Diamond and Silver as the came from the right of the intersection. It's only been a day and he couldn't forget a snooty voice like hers.

"I didn't think you'd show yourself," Diamond snide, "I guess you're still too scared to show a little fur."

"Look at that coat!" Silver pointed, "I think he's planning to flash somepony!"

"Ugh! Disgusting!" while the two shared a laugh as if Omni wasn't here, he decided to play the part and walk away, "And where do you think you're going?"

"To see a man about a goat!" Omni barked back as he kept walking.

"Why? Are you gonna share some dirty secrets? I know I am!" Diamonds words suddenly stopped him in his tracks, "And it's a secret worth telling."

"Just hurry up and tell me what you want..." Omni growled, knowing all to well what's on the tiara-wearing pony's mind.

"Well, since you asked so nicely..." Diamond around to stand in Omni's path, the predatory black look staring into his, "I want my very own maid. And I think you'll do nicely."

Same as wanting a puppy. How original.

"Fine. I'll do it." Omni muttered, pulling his eyes away in disgust.

"That's what I wanna hear," Diamond smirked, "You look like you need a job, so who better than me to give you one. And the first order of business..." Diamond leaned in closer, "You can bark like a dog."

"Right...I'm not doing that." Omni pulled away and was about to walk off, not caring about what else the little pink pony had to say.

"Hey, everypony!" Diamond Tiara announced to everyone in earshot. Everyone stopped what they're doing to hear her announcement, "I know something I'm sure you'll all love to here!" No! She couldn't! She wouldn't! "That pony in the raincoat, Omnifarious..." oh, who is he kidding?! "Is-"

"ALRIGHT!" Omnifarious shouted, and retreated back to Diamond's side, hissing to the spoiled pony, "Fine. you win."

"Is there ever any doubt?" Diamond raised her nose in victory, and glanced over her shoulder to her opponent, "So, Omni, is there anything you'd like to say to everypony?"

The townspeople gathered in a crowd to watch what's about to happen. This is going to be humiliating. Here goes... "Woof...woof."

"Huh? What was that?"

"Woof. Woof."

"I don't think they heard you! Would you like me to translate that for everypony to hear?"

She just won't be satisfied until she gets exactly what she wants! Why him... "Ruff! Ruff! Rrrrr-ruff! Ruff!" everyone stood around watching, whether by bewilderment, pity or disgust, as Omni continued barking away with reckless abandon. When he felt like he's finished, he stopped, hoping that got Diamond satisfied. They must've gotten the message that the show was over, because the crowd dispersed luckily. While everyone was going back to their own business, Diamond and Silver rolled over laughing. They must really enjoyed that.

"Oh, I am definitely keeping you!" when she was all but finished she wiped away the tears from laughing so hard.

"You are so lucky to have somepony like him around!" Silver said to her, "Maybe you can bring him to your party this weekend!"

"That's a great idea! I'm sure he'll be glad to come! You can say his rest-of-his-life depends on it; 'cause it does," Diamond finalized that small sentence with her soon-to-be-trademarked predatory glare. Then turned around and walked off, gesturing her partner Diamond to coming with her, "This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. See you at the party, butler!"

Omnifarious sat there in the busy streets of Ponyville, watching in disdain as Diamond Tiara walked away with a prideful bounce in her step. This may as well be the beginning of the end of his life, living as a pet clown to some spoiled, stuck-up brat. This is one of those times you wished the day's been called off on account of rain...

Conveniently and ironically, a giant raincloud flew out of nowhere and poured hard on him, "A bit too late for that, don't you think?!" Omni groaned, "But thank goodness for raincoats..."


A couple days later...

Omnifarious pushed open the door and stumbled back inside the library. That show he was forced to put on seemed like child's play compared to what he had to go through since then. When Twilight saw him come in, she got up from her book pile and walked towards him, "Whoa! Omni, you don't look well. What happened?"

"Just had a busy day," Omni muttered as he passed her, "Don't worry about it."

"Why have I been hearing rumors about you lately?" Omni froze his tracks at the question, "I didn't want to say anything because I hope it isn't true, but I overheard somepony about you barking like a dog in the middle of the street the other day. And since then these rumors started. If something happened out there I need to know so I can know the truth. Can you please do that for me?" Twilight sure has been persistent on this. Why couldn't she just leave it alone? Omni sighed and began to speak, before the door started knocking, "I'll be right back," Twilight sighed and answered it, "May I help you? ...Sure, I'll get him for you," she pulled back from the door, "Omni, it's Diamond Tiara. You know, one of the fillies who came over the other day?"

Omni flinched at the very name. Nothing good could ever come from her. He stormed over and scooted Twilight over, slipping out through the door to meet the spoiled pink pony, "What are you doing here?!" he hissed as he towered over her.

"What, no 'hello, you highness' or 'what is your bidding, master'?" Diamond scoffed, "What kind of servant are you supposed to be?"

"That is not what I asked you?" Omni growled.

"Well, in case you forgot, I'm having a Cuteceanera at the end of the week, and I think you should come."

"What for?"

"Because I wanna show off my new butler to everyone coming. That or because I said so; pick one. Of course, if you do something else for me instead..."

"And what's that?" Omni asked.

Diamond hithered him with her hoof for Omni to lean over. She whispered in his ear and Omni pulled back with a bleached face with Diamond giving a sly smirk, "I'll be waiting outside," Omni gulped and walked back inside, kicking the door behind him and finding Twilight standing near the window.

"Omni, please listen. Whether or not these rumors are ture, if this goes on any longer, they might develop into something worst later on. Are you saying you wouldn't mind waiting for another angry mod to come after you?"

"What, no!" Omni shook her head, and Twilight walked closer to him.

"Then tell me what happened!" the unicorn pleaded.

Without any other option, Omnifarious backed away and sighed, "Diamond Tiara's blackmailing me," those words were really hard to spit out.

Those words, however might seem alien to Twilight, as she gave a more distraught look, "One of the fillies from the other day? But...how?"

"...Remember that secret I said I didn't want anyone to know?" that deepened the unicorn's worry, "Yeah, they know."


Soon the two sat at the kitchen table, Omnifarious taking the time to explain to Twilight what happened the day he babysat Diamond Tiara and. When she finished, Twilight looked more disturbed than before, "I can't...I can't believe a couple of fillies would even do that."

"This isn't something new to me. This is pretty much what I had to go through at the last place I live in. Now, she wanted me to got to some party, some Quinceanera."

"You mean a Cuteceanera..."

"Wha? No, a quinceanera. You know, that thing teenage latino girls have when they turn 15? Though she doesn't seem that mature..."

"What...? No, Omnifarious. A Cuteceanera is an event celebrating finally getting her cutie mark. To be honest, I don't understand how you not know about it. It is a special moment in a young pony's life," Omni turned away with an uneasy expression, leaving Twilight to double-take her statement, "T-then again it is reserved for only the filly. I'm sure your moment was just as special! Right...?"

"Can we please change the subject?" Omni insisted.

"Oh. Sorry," Twilight's ears flattened, ashamed of herself for trying to pry into Omni's personal life, "You're not going to just let those girls push you around like that, are you?"

"Twilight, you have to understand this isn't something I can just tell someone off on. You won't believe the kind of hoops I had to jump through just to keep them quiet when they found out!" Omni and Twilight looked out the window to see Diamond Tiara lighting a hoop on a pedestal on fire, "See?"

"Omnifarious, I don't know what you have to do, but you can't let this go on any longer," Twilight said, "I'm afraid this will eventually get out of hoof."

"I'm glad to hear whatever you come up with. Because until then, I'm stuck..." Omnifarious sulked out of the kitchen to the basement, ready to call it a day.

"Listen, I'm going to run some errands tomorrow and I'd like you to come with me. I just can't have you moping around indoors."

"...Fine." was all Omni said before shutting the door.


The next day Omni followed Twilight to the bakery. When they walked into the kitchen, quite a mess was waiting for them, "Whoa, what's been going on in here?" Twilight exclaimed, looking around.

"We've been making cupcakes, wanna try them?" Pinkie hopped over offering a plateful of cupcakes, cupcakes that were burnt an inedible.

"Nnnno thank you..." Twilight politely declined, pushing them away, "not that they don't look...delicious."

Pinkie turned the plate over to Omnifarious to offer him a sample. Taking a look at them reminded him how he ended up in the hospital, "Um..."

"Twilight, you have to help me!" a higher-pitched voice called, and in came a small yellow pony with red hair and a pink bow. Omni recognized her as Applejack's sister Applebloom. It's not the best of excuses but...

"What's the matter?" Omni turned to the smaller pony, offering assistance even though no one asked.

Applebloom took in a huge lungful before taking it all out at once... "Tiara's cute-ceañera's today and everypony in my class will be there and they'll all have their cutie marks and I want to get my cutie mark but I'm no good at selling apples or hang-gliding or making cupcakes, but I wanna go to the party but how can I go to the party if I don't have my cutie mark, which Pinkie Pie says I can't just make appear, but I need it to appear, RIGHT NOW!"

"Uhhh..." Twilight said, "I don't follow. How can I help you?"

"You can use your magic to make my cutie mark appear."

"Is that true, Twilight?" Omni asked, "Could that work?"

"Of course not," Twilight answered, "A cutie mark is something a pony has to discover for herself."

"Twilight, jus' trah." Applebloom pleaded.

"I'm sorry but-"

"Oh please, please, please please please!" Applebloom fidgeted, grabbing Twilight in the chest.

"Alright alright!"

"Oh thank you thank you thank you," Applebloom backed away and let Twilight aim for the right spot. After a flash of light, a cart full of apples, "Yes! I knew you could do..." but then the picture vanished on her, "it."

"I'm sorry, sweetie, but I told you-"

"Try again, try again!" And Twilight did so and formed another mark on Applebloom, fading away like the last one. Many more times she tried again with the same result and no sign of changing. Eventually she stopped and instead of telling Applebloom 'I told you so,' she let Applebloom sulk in dejection.

"Told you that not even magic can make a cutie mark appear before it's time." Twilight said, trying to comfort her.

"It's hopeless, hopeless!" Applebloom cried, walking away with her head low, "I just won't go to the party, I can't go. Everyone will just laugh at me and make fun of me and call me name. It will be the worst night of my life."

"Hey. Applebloom," Omni called, causing the smaller pony to look back sadly.

"What?" she sniffled.

"Do you think a cutie mark will help you make friends?"

"I don't understand," Applebloom turned to face the blue pony with a confused look on her face, "What are you sayin'?"

"Judging by what you told us? It sounds like you think the other kids will like you only of you have a mark like them. Is that right?"

"Well, I guess so..." Applebloom eyes wandered, "But that's why ah really need my own cutie mark so ah won't be embarrassed at Diamond Tiara's party!"

"Then go."

"But I don't have a cutie mark! All the kids will-"

"Listen," Omni tone became absolute, causing Applebloom to cut herself off, "if you go to that party, if those kids think they can make fun of you just because you don't have a mark of your own, if that's all they care about, then they're not really your friends, are they? But if there's even one who will stick up for you, if they decided to like you for you and not some mark on your backside...do you understand what I'm talking about?"

Applebloom took in everything she was just told, considering the ultimatum she's been given, "I think so. But I don't think I'm ready right now."

Omni sighed, "Look, what if I go with you?"

Applebloom's eyes relit a little, "You'd do that?"

"Yeah, the truth is, I kinda have to go there too."

"But why? This party's for kids!"

"That's not important. You just need to remember that whether it turns out good or not, if you show yourself at that party, you'll know who your real friends are, okay?"

Applebloom let those words seep in, and suddenly she latched herself on Omni's chest, giving him a hug, "...Okay. I think ah'm ready to go home now," she pulled back to look at him, "Will you come over so you can walk me to the party?"

"Sure."

"Thanks. I feel a little better now. Ah'll see you at the party." Applebloom jumped off of Omni and made her way for the exit.

"That was nice of you, Omni." Twilight smiled.

"She's going through what most kids her age go through; I can relate. Can't you?"

Twilight's smile dropped and looked away, as if she were caught with her hand in a cookie jar, "I...I got my cutie mark for as long as I was a filly," she shamefully admitted, "And I didn't hang out with other foals then so..."

Omni sighed, "Then forget I said anything..."

"I'm sorry...Hey, I know you want to keep it personal but...we're still friends, aren't we?"

"I think so...why are you asking?"

"I just want you to know that whatever you're going through, you don't have to do it alone. At the very least, if there's something, anything you need help with, just remember you have me to turn to," Twilight smiled again a bit, "Okay?"

"...Okay." was all Omni said as he made his way to the exit. But as soon as he made it past the kitchen gates, he couldn't take another step...

Right in front of him was a huge party in progress, complete with streamers and presents and guests among others. He could think of only one person this party's for, "And where was all this when I came through the front door?!" Omni stammered as he walked across the party floor, "I mean it's only been two minutes! When did they even find the time to-"

"It looks like the entertainment's finally here!" Omnifarious silently cursed himself just before seeing Diamond Tiara coming towards him with an amateur strut in her step, with Silver Spoon close behind her, "It's a good think you came. I was starting to think you weren't going to come."

"Whatever happened to 'this weekend' or 'at the end of the week'?" Omni growled at the tiara-wearing pony.

"Why? Did you forget to check your calendar?"

"It's Friday!" Omni snapped, "The end of the week's Saturday!"

"I guess you forgot what the phrase 'Thank Goodness it's Friday' actually means," the spoiled guest of honor whipped her head back with a 'harumph', "You can blame the author for lazy, last-minute writing. Doesn't matter, 'cause you're here," Diamond dropped her sinister smirk and glared as she pointed her hoof out at him, "It's a huge honor. So be grateful!"

Omni groaned and hung his head, resisting the urge to face-palm himself, "Look, what is it you need me to do?"

"Oh, don't worry, there's plenty for you to do. Try to stay with me," Diamond and Silver trotted through the party, with Omni reluctantly following, "We'll be playing a few party games shortly, not that ridiculous kids stuff, something with an actual mature twist. Next you'll get to watch me open my presents with everypony else. You'll get to carry them for me back to my house. Hope you're back is ready for it. And after the presents comes cutting the cake, of course I get the first piece...Hey!" Diamond then went marching to one of the other kids, who conveniently has a mouthful of cake that apparently came from a tall, multi-layered cake with a huge bite taken out of it. That boy must really got a mouth on him, "It's my cute-ceañera, I'm supposed to get the first bite at cake!"

Omni had been considering turning around and making a break for the door, but a suddenly sharp collision broke him from that. Omni turned to see he bumped into a round table with a punch bowl on it. He didn't remember that being there. That's when the table moved. Yep, the table's actually moving away from him, scooting a path on its way to the exit. Taking the alternative to listening more of Diamond's ranting, he quickly stood in its path and halted the punch table's path of escape. That's when the small bow-wearing girl's head popped out from under the sheet.

"What are you ding under there?" Omni quietly hissed.

"Look, ah change my mind," Applebloom said, "I'm not ready for this!"

"So you're just gonna bail? After what we just talked about?!"

"That's when ah thought ah had time to get ready! How was ah supposed to know Pinkie Pie's hosting the party at Sugarcube Corner today?!"

"Look, I have to put up with this and so should you!"

"Then leave! Then neither of us can put up with it!"

"I can't!"

"Why not?!"

"Because..." Omni really wanted to justify his reasons, but it's something he could tell just anyone if he bothered telling anyone at all. But if this can solve little Applebloom's problem, what other option does he have? Besides, if she could sympathize, maybe she could help keep his secret contained...? "What I'm about to tell you, is something you should never, ever tell anyone else. Now if I tell you, if you understand, could you please stay...?"

Applebloom gazed down at the floor, before she looked back up with a questioning look, "What is it?"

Omni let out a deep sigh, ready to let out something he hoped never to come from his own mouth, "Look, my-"

"There you are!" the demanding outburst of Diamond Tiara said from not to far. Seeing her closing in with Silver, Applebloom became desperate enough to pull the sheet off the table, which unfortunately also turned the punch bowl over on Omni's head. All that punch to himself and he never got to drink any. In the meantime Applebloom was dressing the cloth into a makeshift skirt for her hindside, "Well well well, look who's here."

"Nice outfit," Silver snided before trading a wicked snicker with Diamond.

"Just sumt'n I, uh, pulled together last minute," Applebloom wasn't lying about that...

"It really shows off your cutie mark," Diamond said, only to double-take with an insult, "Oh wait, that's right, you don't have one."

"Uh, I have a cutie mark," that caught Diamond and Silver off guard.

"Eh, what? Since when?"

"Since... Um... Earlier today."

"Oh really? Let's see it," Now its' Applebloom's turn to get caught. Wonder how she's gonna talk her way out of this...

"I shouldn't. Ah couldn't," Applebloom smiled with false bravado, "My cutie mark is so unbelievably amazing, ah'm afraid that if ah show it off, everyone will start paying attention to me instead of you," she then leaned in close to Diamond, "Outshined at your own cute-ceañera; can you imagine how embarrassing that would be?"

Your move, Diamond...

"Uh, forget it," she scoffed, "I didn't really want to see it anyway."

"Okay, well, ah'm gonna go mingle. Enjoy your party," Applebloom left the two cheerfully sauntering off. The good news is, she really managed to pull it off.

Bad news, that left Omni alone with Diamond Tiara, "Hey! I wouldn't expect you to know what hygiene is but I do expect you to at least be presentable in my presence! Clean yourself up!"

Spoiled condescending brat really has a mouth on her. Omni goes for the bathroom, but only because Omnifarious wants to; because he fells like it; 'cause it's his decision; 'cause that's an original thought.

The sound of a scratched record caught everyone's attention, including Omni's. He turned to see the tablecloth lying on the floor, which left Applebloom with nothing to hide with. And of course Diamond and Silver were here to make her problem even worse.

"Wow, that is an amazing cutie mark."

"Nice try..."

"Blank flank!" that was Diamond and Silver's cherry on top as Applebloom became a laughing stock. Seeing her as the receiving end of a is something even Omnifarious can't handle. So he decided that enough's enough. But before he could step in, someone else did it for him...

"You got a problem with blank flanks?" both girls gasped before seeing two more moving out from under a nearby table, one orange with purple hair and another white with purple and light-pink hair, "I said, you got a problem with blank flanks?"

"The problem is, I mean, she's like, totally not special," Silver said.

"No, it means she's full of potential," the marble pony refuted, standing beside Applebloom with her partner.

"It means she could be great at anything," the orange pony added, "The possibilities are, 'like, endless'."

"She could be a great scientist, or an amazing artist, or a famous writer. She could even be mayor of Ponyville some day."

"And she's not stuck being stuck-up like you two."

Everyone got a good laugh at that, but Diamond took that as an insult, "Hey, this is my party! why are you two on her side?"

"Because..." both her and her friend stuck their flanks out, revealing themselves as tow more blank slates!

"You don't have your cutie marks either?" Applebloom gasped, "Ah thought I was the only one."

"We thought we were the only two."

"I for one think you are three very lucky fillies," Twilight said, also in the same room.

"Lucky?" Diamond gagged in disgust, "How can they be lucky?"

"They still get to experience the thrill of discovering who they are, and what they're meant to be.

"And they got all the time in the world to figure it out, not just an afternoon," that part's added by Applejack. Omni wonders when exactly she got here. But Applebloom became the actual center of attention by everyone else, leaving Diamond with no one to sate her over-inflated ego.

"Hey, what's everypony doing? This is my party!" Diamond cried, "everypony is supposed to be paying attention to me!"

"Name's Scootaloo," the orange pony greeted Applebloom.

And I'm Sweetie Belle," the marble pony added.

The sunny yellow pony smiled, "Apple Bloom."


Afer getting a quick wash-up, Omnifarious walked down the stairs past a pouting Diamond Tiara. Lucky for him she didn't bather aknowledging him. Walking back onto the party floor he saw Twilight stading aside while the other guests were dancing. When he sat beside her, he found out what got her interested as the watched the three-filly trio sitting at one of the tables...

"So I was thinking, now that we're friends..." Applebloom trailed off, "I mean, we are friends, right?"

How could we not be? We're totally alike," Scootaloo said, "We don't have cutie marks, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon drive us crazy-"

"Totally crazy," Sweetie Belle added.

"Well, now that we're friends, what if the three of us work together to find out who we are and what we're supposed to be?"

"Ooh! Ooh! We could form our own secret society."

"I'm liking this idea."

"A secret society. Yeah. We need a name for it though."

"The Cutie Mark Three?"

"The Cutastically Fantastics?"

"How about... The Cutie Mark Crusaders?" Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle seemed to like Applebloom's idea.

"It's perfect!"

"This is gonna be so great!"

"We're gonna be unstoppable!"

"What do you say we celebrate with some of these delicious cupcakes?"

Thakfully Applebloom stopped Scootaloo short from taking a stray cupcake out in her mouth, "NOT the cupcakes. Trust me."

"Let's see if there are any cookies."

"Yeah! Come on."

Twilight Sparkle and Omnifarious watched on as the newly-formed trio zoomed off.

"You were right about one thing, Omni," Twilight spoke up, "Having Applebloom stay at this party really did give her new friends. I don't think she'd know there were other like her otherwise."

"Now she does," Omni said.

Twilight then dropped her smile, adopting a distressed expression, "Now all that's left is to think about what to do about this Diamond Tiara situation."

"Just don't worry. I'm gonna handle it..." the only problem being how he's gonna handle it without everything getting more out of hand... He was spaced out from thinking that he almost didn't notice Applebloom walking up.

"I wanna thank you for what you said earlier!" she chirped, "I don't think I'd ever find any friends if I didn't stay."

"You're welcome..." Omni replied.

"So, what's that secret you were gonna tell me?"

"I'm not telling you anything," Omni bluntly replied.

"Wha? You said that you'd tell me!"

"I asked that you'd stay if I told you. But you stayed even when I didn't tell you. So I shouldn't tell you."

"Aw come on! I won't tell anypony! Please!"

"Sorry, but that was the deal," Omni looked over to the stairway at a still sulking Diamond, who was sporting fiery glare right at him, "That reminds me, wait right there," Omnifarious walked casually towards the guest of honor, planning to do something he should've done from the start... "I just came over to tell you that I quit."

Diamond pause for a moment, trying process Omni's request, "...What?"

"I said I-"

"I HEARD WHAT YOU SAID!" Diamond shot back in a thunderous outburst, "What makes you think I'm just gonna let you 'quit'?"

"Because I just did. So if you don't mind..." Omni turned around to get back to the party.

But of course Diamond stepped in his path, apparently none too happy with his choice, "I don't think you're understand how much hot water you're under. I can blow the whistle on you anytime I want, is that clear?!"

"See, that's when you're wrong. Because if my secret has to get out, at least I won't have to keep being your slave," Omni leaned in close to Diamond's fuming muzzle, "And I'll tell you something else. What you're planning to do is no worse that taking my ride and free will. So I'm taking them back."

Diamond closed the gap and pressed her nose on his, snarling, "You wouldn't dare."

"Watch me," Omni pushed Diamond aside and strolled off to the door. Passing by he could see the proud smiles on Twilight and Applebloom. He was about to leave when the door was suddenly moving away from him! Omni looked over his hindquarters and couldn't believe what he's seeing! Diamond Tiara's dragging him off by the tail! He looked back pleading at Twilight and Applebloom who could only give a sympathetic look. When they got far enough, Diamond threw him over against the wall and plopped herself right on his chest. What kind of girl's that strong?!

"You think you can just walk out on me, do you?" Diamond said in a dark but calm voice, "Let me fill you in on a little secret. As bad as your little secret is, it only cupcakes compared to what else I got on you. And all it took was an ice-cream sundae and couple of prunes."

Prunes? Wait a minute! Does that mean, from the other day... "Diamond you didn't!"

"Glad you finally managed to figure it out," Diamond smirked, "Don't worry, I won't tell anypony...so long as you do what I say when I say it and don't anything back. Do we understand each other?"

"You wicked little-"

Uh-uh," Diamond wagged her hoof in front of him, "Do. We. Understand each other."

"...Yes," Omni replied through his teeth, and Diamond hopped off of him.

"I'm glad we can come to an agreement," Omni lied slumped against the wall as he watched the tiara-wearing tyrant trot off. He still couldn't believe he's been outsmarted by a brat like that, "Listen up everypony! It's time to play Pin the Tail on the Pony!" she glared back at Omnifarious with a smirk, "Why don't you come on over and show us how to play!"

Reluctantly the blue pony got back on his feet and walked up. This cannot be good whatever she's planning. Omnifarious looked around across thr walls, "So where's the poster...?"

"Huh? Why do we need a poster...?" Diamond asked with a sing-song tone, "When we got a real pony right here!" she then jumped on top of a nearby table and held up a large tassal, wiggling in her hoof, "Let's have some fun."

From across the room Twilight and Applebloom's trio watched as the 'fun' began to unfold.

"I'm starting to feel real sorry for that guy," Scootaloo said.

"Yeah, and I thought we had it bad," Sweetie Belle agreed, "I wonder if there's anything we can do to help..."

"Let's make things interesting!" the could here Diamond announce to the other guests, "Let's see who can catch him when we set him out in the street blindfolded!"

"He...he's a stallion. He can tough it out," Applebloom shook her head. The others nodded in agreement while Twilight just let out a stressed sigh and face-palmed.


Down in the basement below the library, the Book of Virtues came back to life with yet another entry...

Dearest Princess Celestia,

I am happy to report that one of your youngest subjects has learned a valuable lesson about friendship. Sometimes, the thing you think will cause you to lose friends and feel left out can actually be the thing that helps you make your closest friends and realize how special you are.

Your faithful student,

Twilight Sparkle.

And the headline above: 'Kindredship'.


Please Read and Review.