• Published 18th Apr 2015
  • 689 Views, 2 Comments

A slave's Story - mickg123



A slave from the Colonial period is transported to Equestria

  • ...
10
 2
 689

Chapter 5: A history Lesson

Chapter 5: The History Lesson

Chocolate's POV

"Princess Luna, if I may, why did you bring me here to Equestria? I am just a slave." I ask Princess Luna as she is teaching me how to walk as a pony, which are the dominant race on this planet. I had gotten out of bed, only to fall down seeing as how I had no idea how to walk on four limbs.

"I felt that you were special Chocolate. I can't tell you any more than that at the moment, but I will tell you the full truth in due time. Now, try again." Princess Luna tells me. I struggle to get up correctly, and on my third try, I finally stand.

"Finally!" I exclaim, glad that I had finally learned how to stand.

"Now you need to walk." Princess Luna tells me. I blanch in fear at that prospect.

"W-a-a-a-a-lk?" I stutter out.

"Yes, walk. You must master this before leaving. It is imperative. Do you want to be falling flat on your face every few minutes in public?" Princess Luna asks me. I blanch even more and quickly shake my head. "Then you need to learn this." She states. I sigh, not really wanting to go through this torture, but wanting to leave this hospital once and for all. Princess Luna helps me out of the bed, then steps away.

I try to take one step, and I fall flat on my face. I stood up again, feeling my cheeks go red in embarrassment. Once I'm up, I try again, and fall ...again.

"Arg! Why can't I get this right!?" I moan, after trying to walk several times, and falling flat on my face every time. At this point, Princess Luna looked as if she was struggling to contain her laughter. Finally, she couldn't take it any longer. Luna bursts out laughing, rolling on the floor. I just stood there, extremely embarrassed.

Luna finally managed to calm herself down.

"S-o-o-o-o-o-rry Chocolate. It was just too funny." Princess Luna manages to gasp out, wiping a tear from her eye. I just stare down at the floor in shame. "Chocolate. Seeing as how you have been unable to accomplish walking, I will give you the knowledge and the ability to walk with my magic." Princess Luna says, quite serious. I stare at her. She had told me that magic had existed on this world, but I half didn't believe her.

Luna closed her eyes and started to concentrate. I could only stare in awe as her horn lit up a deep blue, a spark from her horn floating over to me and going inside my body. Suddenly, I realized that I now knew how to walk. I tested my knowledge and took a step. To my great relief and surprise, I didn't fall flat on my face.

Glad that THAT embarrassment was now over, I gingerly walk over to Princess Luna.

"Princess Luna. Who is your sister?" I ask her. I had wanted to know this since I had awakened a few hours ago.

"My sister is Princess Celestia. She had ruled over Equestria for 1,000 years alone, up until 1 year ago. She had imprisoned me on the moon for trying to bring eternal night to this land, using the Elements of Harmony. Every morning, Princess Celestia raises the sun, while every evening, I raise the moon." Princess Luna told me. I gaped at this revelation. I was in the presence of a goddess. I just stared at her and blinked for several minutes. Getting tired of this, she waved her hoof in front of my face, causing me to snap out of it.

"Sorry." I mumble. Princess Luna looked at me, concern showing in her face. I look up. "I would have been more respectful had I known." I bowed deeply, well tried to anyways.

"I suppose I need to teach you some of our culture, so you don't get anything mixed up and have the other ponies living here become suspicious." She tells me, sighing deeply. I gaped at her. Me, learn? It was unheard of back home. I shook my head to get rid of that thought. This was my home now, not that place.

Princess Luna proceeds to tell me everything about her world's culture. There are multiple different races in Equestria, and the lands surrounding it. Griffins, Dragons, Phoenixes, and multiple other creatures that were mythical on Earth existed here. There were also animals that I saw on Earth. There were four types of pony, I found out in this history lesson. I was an Earth pony, who were extremely strong, endurants, and were connected to Terra, which was the name of the world Equestria resided in. There were Unicorns, who used magic. Pegasi helped control the weather, could fly, stand on clouds, and they had a cloud city, named Cloudsdale. Princess Luna and Princess Celestia were both Alicorns, an extremely rare pony type that had the strength of an Earth Pony, the capability of flight like the Pegasi, and the magical capabilities of the Unicorns.

Princess Luna then told me how Equestria came to be. I was surprised to learn that there were wars. I had thought that Equestria never had a war, but was proven wrong. I was sad to hear that.

Princess Luna spent and Hour and a Half teaching me the history of Equestria and the surrounding lands, the pony holidays, which to my surprise, were basically the same as my old holidays, just with different names and meanings. Finally done, Princess Luna coughed, to lose the hoarseness in her throat from lecturing me for so long.

"Ok then, shall we get going, Chocolate?" Princess Luna asks me.

"Sure!" I reply, and we walk out of the hospital room that I had been staying in for a week.

Comments ( 2 )

It seems as if the potential here has vanished.

this is certainly something....

Login or register to comment