• Published 18th Apr 2015
  • 688 Views, 2 Comments

A slave's Story - mickg123



A slave from the Colonial period is transported to Equestria

  • ...
10
 2
 688

Chapter 1: The Dream

A Slave's Story

Chapter One: The dream

The harsh, blistering heat of the sun beat down on my scarred back, causing me to sweat profusely. I was working to finish harvesting my portion of the cotton field quickly so I wouldn't get whipped for being to slow, again. I had always been a bit of a free-willed slave, and it grew when I was sold to my current master and mistress, who were both extremely cruel.

My previous masters had been reasonably kinda with me, but strict. I never truly wanted to be free until I cme to learn the true nature of my current master and mistress. The first few days I was treated well. After that, however, my master and mistress seemed to target me for doing things wrong. No matter what I did, I alwys seemed to do it wrong. I honestly tried my best the first week, but after getting multiple lashings, I decided to become a bit more rebellious. I disobeyed orders more, although they weren't always on purpose.

Over time I received multiple lashing scars going across my back. I had thought of running away multiple. I dared not to , however, since I would be leaving my mother, father, and brother in slavery. It didn't seem fair to me to be free while the rest of my family was still enslaved. This lasted for a year.

Then I had the Dream. It had repeated multiple times, always ending with me wondering what the right choice was.

In the dream...

I floated there, in the void. Everything had lost its color.

That is, everything except for me.

I wandered the void for what seemed like forever, wanting some peace and a way to ease this loneliness.

It was here that I saw Her. She was the color of the midnight sky, her mane the starry night. She appeared to be a smaller version of a horse.

"Who and what are you? Are you friend, or foe?" I ask the being quietly, sensing great power coming from her

"I am Luna, goddess of the night. I heeded your cries. You said you wanted to leave this world and slavery Young One." She states in a commanding voice.

"Leave this world? I want to be free, but I'm not sure I would go THAT far yet ma'am." I try to tell her.

Luna just stares solemnly at me then walks away.

End Dream.

To the Present...

Several weeks had passed since I had that dream. It stayed in my mind at all times. I tried to dismiss it as folly and make-believe, but for some reason, couldn't. During this time, I had gotten punished multiple times. Every time I got punished, I wondered what would hve happened if I had agreed to the strange being's proposal.

I always shrugged it off. It all came to a head one day when I disrecpected my master and mistress in front of company by talking back at them after disobeying an order.

I was sent to be lashed 100 times. This punishment was the worst one yet. It put me near death. When I ws seeing light, I begged to be taken from this world, to be taken from slavery forever.

Suddenly, my world flashed blue and yellow, and I found myself in the middle of the sky. I floundered about trying not to die. I hit the ground hard and I was knocked out.

Twilight Sparkle was reading a book on trans-dimensional portals and time travels when she felt a big tremor beneath her.

"Wonder what that was" She thinks to herself, closing her book.

"Spike! Can you watch over the library for a bit? I want to investigate something." Twilight calls to her faithful assistant. Spike comes trotting down the steps and agrees. Upon hearing this, Twilight dashes outside the door tp gather the other elements of harmony. It doesn't take long to gather them, and wearing the elements, they go to where Twilight had heard the sound.

When they reached the area the sound appeared to had come from, they encounter a medium-sized crater, with a bleeding mare in the middle of it.

"Girls! We need to help that mare!" Twilight exclaims, going over to carry the mare to the hospital. the rest of the mane 6 helps her and they manage to get her to the hospital.

The news was bad.

"I'm afraid we will have to put her in surgery. She is very close to death Miss Sparkle. You are lucky to have found her when you did. She would have died if it wasn't for your quick action." Nurse Redheart tells them.

A few hours had passed before they could see the mare. Going into the room where she was staying at until she healed, Twilight studied the mare in her unconscious state. An Earth Pony, she was a chocolate brown, with a long flowing black mane. She appeared to have what looked to be a multitude of scars on her back. Twilight winced in sympathy, imagining the pain of whatever had given her those scars. The mane 6 walks quietly out of the room, so as to not disturb the mare in her rest.

Author's Note:

This is the same story I already have put up on a different website. I got the idea for the Fanfiction from a trip to the Battlefields from the Civil War. I hope you enjoy!