• Published 18th Apr 2015
  • 688 Views, 2 Comments

A slave's Story - mickg123



A slave from the Colonial period is transported to Equestria

  • ...
10
 2
 688

Chapter 2: The Meeting

Chapter 2: The Meeting

Third POV

At the hospital...

"Ugh! It's been 4 days and she still hasn't woken up!" Twilight cries out loud, frustrated from having to wait so long for the mare to awaken from her sleep. She had done everything she could to keep busy, but the prospect of the potential knowledge that the mare held was on her mind, and she couldn't stop thinking about it.

On this day, Twilight had finally decided to write to the princesses, in hoping that they could help her figure out the situation. She hadn't gotten a reply yet, so Twilight was left pacing the hospital room where the unknown mare was sleeping at, while Spike looked at Twilight with a worried look on his.

"Twilight, you haven't gotten any sleep for the past four days! Rest, I'm sure she won't awaken while you are resting, if she hasn't woken up yet. I will be sure to wake you up if the princesses' and the prince reply, ok?" Spike tells Twilight, hoping that she would accept it. "If you wnt, I can watch her until you wake up." He suggests, to make her more willing.

"O-ok, Spike. Just make sure to tell me right away if anything changes. Got it?" Twilight tells Spike, looking at him with a serious look on her face.

"Of course Twilight! Now go sleep for a bit. I can handle things for now." He replies, small smile on his face.

"Ok, #1 assistant." Twilight says, walking out of the room to go to her house to sleep. Spike smiled widely as she left, glad that Twilight had taken his advice this time. He whistled happily while watching the mare for any changes.

At Canterlot Castle...

"What shall we do, dear Sister?" Celestia asks, looking at Princess Luna.

"Well, I know what she was originally, dear sister, as I brought her here. I feel as if I deserve to be there when she awakens so she isn't too worried. Being in a completely different body than what she was when I brought her here, the poor girl may be frightened out of her mind. It might be best if she saw a familiar face." Luna suggests, hoping that Celestia would agree to her suggestion.

"That may be best, dear sister. Shall we compose a letter to Twilight Sparkle about your decision?" Celestia asks.

"Of course. I don't want her to, what was the word?, 'freak out' if I go there without warning her before-hoof." Luna replies, a slight smile at the thought of Twilight running around, flustered when she finds out that Luna was coming for a visit.

"Now Luna, before you go, I want to tell you something. DO NOT FRIGHTEN ANYPONY! I know that it has been a year since Nightmare Moon was banished from within you, and I caution you that you don't draw too much attention to yourself." Celestia says, a look of worry on her face.

Luna just laughed. "Sister, I mastered the transformation magic a bit before my banishment, and I have had time to practice since my return. Do not worry!" Luna says, wanting to assure her sister that she would be discreet.

"Very well, now let us write the letter to Twilight. I wish for you to go tomorrow, however, as it is a bit late to visit the mare at the hospital currently. Just get ready for tomorrow." Celestia tells Luna. Luna nods her consent.

To my most faithful student Twilight Sparkle,

I had read your letter and we, that is, Luna and I, have decided upon something. Princess Luna shall be coming to Ponyville tomorrow afternoon to visit the unknown mare you talked about in your letter. I cannot say more on the matter, and I do so wish that you won't panic about her coming to town. Go to the train station tomorrow at 3:00 pm and look for a Midnight blue pegasus. Thank you for your concern and Luna will solve your problem soon enough.

Your Mentor,

Princess Celestia

Inside the Ponyville Library (Or Twilight's home)...

"Twilight! Twilight! Wake up! The princess has responded." Spike exclaims, running into the library as fast as he could on his short and stubby legs, panting a little. Twilight, who was napping lightly, snapped awake at this and thought to herself that she was glad she hadn't been in an uncomforable position.

"May I have it, Spike?" Twilight asks, holding out her hoof for the letter in question. Spike hands her the letter and sat down, panting for breath.

"I'm also hear to tell you that the unknown mare hasn't changed since you left." Spike says, knowing Twilight would also like to know the mare's current condition. Twilight nods absently at this and opens the letter with her magic, levitating it slightly so she could read it.

"A midnight-blue pegasus? O-ok...I wonder where I would find Luna though." Twilight muses under her breath. She reread the letter and then gave it back to Spike, who was breathing normally again. "Spike, thank you for doing exactly what I asked you to do. You are my #1 assistant, after all!" Twilight says, laughing a little.

"Would you like me to write a reply, Twilight?" Spike asks her.

"No need Spike. We need to get the library spotless for when she arrives tomorrow!" Twilight replies, looking around for cleaning tools. "Spike, lets get started, shall we?"

It took an hour, but the library was finally clean enough for Twilight. Glad that it was over, Spike slumped on the couch, exhausted.

"Twilight, can I take a rest? All this cleaning made me really tired." Spike asked Twilight, yaawning slightly. Twilight smiled slightly.

"Of course Spike. You are still a baby dragon after all." She replies gently, picking Spike up with her magic and levitating him to his basket. Spike fell asleep as soon as he curled up in his bed. Twilight smiled softly at Spike in his unconscious state, being utterly adorable when he was asleep.

After a few minutes, Twilight quietly trotted out of the library, so as to not wake Spike up. Once out of the library, she trotted a bit more quickly over to the hospital to see how the mare was doing. When she asked Nurse Redheart, the nurse simply said that the mare's condition hadn't changed since Spike had left her room. Twilight opened the door to her room and found her friends watching the mare.

"Is something wrong girls?" Twilight asked, snapping her friends out of their current state and look at her.

"N-o-o-o-o Twilight, nothing is. We are just worried about the mare. She hasn't woken up since we brought her here." Fluttershy replies softly, speaking to everypony.

"Ok Fluttershy, I just wanted to know if something was wrong. Princess Luna is coming to Ponyille tomorrow." Twilight says, causing Fluttershy to turn a bit pale. Fluttershy was still a tad afraid of Luna, seeing as how she was once Nightmare Moon. "She is just coming to look at the mare. I was told by Princess Celestia to go wait at the train tomorrow at 3pm to look for a midnight-blue pegasus. That was basically all she had said. Do you girls want to come?" Twilight asks them.

Her friends all agreed to it, although Fluttershy's reply a bit shakier than usual. Twilight just shrugged.

"It's getting late girls. Let's get some sleep, and worry about this tomorrow." Twilight says. On that note, the group of friends walked out of the hospital and went to their respective homes.